Why is The Bard considered the GOAT?

Why is The Bard considered the GOAT?

>nuanced, very human characters
>all stories since him have been based off his archetypes
>master of words - used different meanings to provide multiple interpretations of just about everything.

Only to those who have never read Proust or Joyce

I haven't read Proust (yet), but I didn't like Joyce at all.

Because they teach him in American High Schools.

>entire chapter of Ulysses dedicated to shakespeare
>deal with him Hemingway
>glorifying cucks

Joyce has great prose, but does not stand up to the man he pays homage to.

Because anglos like to believe he is

t. butthurt antarctican

No particular acumen in literature or poetry here, so this is just an assumption.

Wasn't Shakespeare pushed heavily as a form of pro-anglo intellect propoganda by the British empire during a time that they were not producing much substantial academic literature in comparison to other European countries/rivals?

Do you have any evidence for that?

That might be possible,
Nonetheless, the anglos aren't the first linguistic culture to put its foremost writer above any foreign writer. It's a bias that's inevitabe since language is so basic to literature. The hispanics would praise Cervantes the most, the germans Goethe, the italainas Dante and so on on so forth. Ranking a "GOAT" in literature is probably more difficult than in other arts.

And yeah, some anglos on this board are so deluded that they think Shakespeare is as praised in every corner of the world as he is in the anglo-sphere. They probably don't even bother to learn another language either

>>all stories since him have been based off his archetypes
Really?

Except he has been praised as being truly great through all of Europe for hundreds of years, to say that it's just Anglo revisionism is itself revisionism. His plays were adapted into opera and inspired opera across the continent, performances of his plays happened in English and in the native tounge all over Europe, innumerable references to his greatness can been seen through the quotes of some of the most important cultural figures (Nietzche, Verdi, Beethoven, Pushkin, Goethe etc), and some countries even treat Shakespeare through translation as part of their own literary tradition (such as Germany). None of these even begins to mention the esteem he is held in non European conntries. To say that Shakespeare is not loved immensely outside of the Anglo-sphere is to loudly pronounce I don't know anything about European literature, music, history and the actual contents of the words of the continents great ist creative minds.

>some countries even treat Shakespeare through translation as part of their own literary tradition (such as Germany)
Typical fucking Krauts

I said he is not AS praised AS he is in the anglo world. Of course he is praised since he still is one of universal literature's greatest. The thing is that he isnt held as the absolute best evrywhere as some anglos like to think. He's as praised as Dante, Cervantes or Tolstoy, but not above any of them

>whitewashing
*sigh*

>malewashing
Shakespeare's ouvre was written by a black lesbian woman named Laquisha you fucking shitlord

You might not find it hard to name writers whose poetry or prose is as good as Shakespeare's, but then find me a writer among that group who wrote as much and displayed the same range, who worked in as many genres and invented as many timeless characters.

>Wasn't Shakespeare pushed heavily as a form of pro-anglo intellect propoganda by the British empire

Yes, yes it was.

The plays were written collaboratively. Shakespeare's name was on them because he ran the company and was the head writer.

On the surface: His work spanned many genres, he wrote multiple great characters and had a fantastic imagination.
I'm looking deeper into some of his work at the moment, specifically the way he uses the rhythm of dialogue to create meaning.

Because the Eternal Anglo won

For anyone interested in the real answer here, read Andrew Cutrofellow's book on Shakespeare

Oh for fuck sakes lad just tell me.

exactly the moron
is talking about

Does a variant of the Scaruffi Beatles pasta exist with Shakespeare? If so please post

It's a loop of

>shakespeare has been studied for centuries so he must be good
>so he gets studied for longer and his prestige only increases