Any good books on artificial intelligence and AGI?

Any good books on artificial intelligence and AGI?

I made a new thread since the other thread has been brigaded and any on-topic post there is flooded.

Singularity is not coming anytime soon
lol
Ok, I'll read that.

For such a meme cover it sounds interesting enough.

squirrels are memes now, or is that just your way of grudgingly admitting that it might not be shit despite your sixteen-year-old's tendency to crap on everything?

Why is this cover so terrible?

the text adventure - A Mind Forever Voyaging may seem interesting to you.

>AIG

This is such a pathetic meme.
There's literally no objective difference between what would constitute the difference between a trivial program and an AI much less needing to bring in this arbitrary extra qualifier G
Reminds me the way tumblrinas keep adding extra letters to LBGTQA+

You clearly know nothing about the subject lmao

One word of advice: Don't read Nick Bostrom's Superintelligence, it's pure speculation that doesn't include any discussion of what a realistic intelligent agent might be like. The logic Bostrom uses is pulled straight from shitty internet forums like LessWrong.

I think he means the cover looks as if it was made to look intentionally memey, because it does.

Give -- Void Star -- a try.

-post-cyberpunk novel written by an actual AI engineer and not some Ray Kurzweil kike who thinks AI will replace human intelligence.

Then go on, please explain to me at what point we can say a program becomes intelligent and what point an intelligent program becomes generally intelligent

Its just all meme words

>AI
Any machine intelligent agent, it's really broad even fairly straight-forward algorithms come under this, AGI comes under AI just as Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) comes under AI - colloquially it means a robotic (humanoid) intelligence that exhibits human cognitive features. Such as it is used by science fiction and the uneducated.
>AGI
Machine intelligent agent with general functionality, not limited to specific engineering, directive or design but rather a comprehensive intelligence that can self-apply to anything. Basically it amounts to general-purpose learning algorithms. They are not task-dependent or orientated, completely removed from that approach actually. See DeepMind's (an AI company) purpose for existing:
>combining the best techniques from machine learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
This is distinctly separate from the philosophy and technical creation/application of ANI. There is a clear difference between AI as an encompassing term, ANI and AGI. AGI is so distinct because of the "general-purpose" bit.

ANI is used because specific engineering and approach is required for effectiveness and efficiency. This is what makes AGI hard, as it must be able to do that specific engineering and approach to a wide range of problems, by itself.

Of course, these are only very broad categories and perhaps useless / harder than is assumed to define when actually talking in practical terms.

This is my point though, people wave these terms around like they have some powerful meaning. We already have plenty of AGIs but they're useless and boring so technological illiterates will need to come up with a new meme term once they realize that
Hence while itll end up being AGLPTJRI+s

>mfw

bump

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like a serious book also.

>anything scaruffi touches
>terrible
lol

>We already have plenty of AGI
No we don't. That would require a machine learning analog to neuroplasticity in biological brains and we don't have that. Don't talk authoritatively about subjects you haven't actually studied.

Rupetta by N A Sulway

Motherfucker I'm a CS student, I also just happen to be Philosophically keen enough to not have a naive sci-fi concept of Intelligence
> a machine learning analog to neuroplasticity

Literally meaningless word salad. Stop reading pop science

Mind pointing out the AGI we seem to have, then?

An average search engine