How lucrative is the fujoshi demographic?

How lucrative is the fujoshi demographic?

Because they're pumping out millions of words of truly terrible fanfiction to satisfy their lust for man on man action, I'm starting to think they have a shortage of original novelistic content.

On the other hand, fujoshits are not mainstream, and probably have sexual problems (such as being fat) which lead to social problems (being looked down on by popular fit girls.) This means everything is very under-the-counter and not much about their sexual perversion is discussed in public. This would be bad for word-of-mouth sales.

What do you think, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvAISFufHek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Niche is lucrative.
Freaks are willing to pay a shitton of money to satisfy their weird fetishes.

Any anecdotes?

I saw this one guy one hentaifoundry who bought a half-dozen or so commissions of this same scene, one dickgirl tattooing another dickgirl, each from a different artist for 300 USD a piece. Every now and then for several months I would click through the site and see a new version of that picture and think "Oh, it's that guy again". Guess he finally found the perfect one because it stopped after a while

>"If you are not afraid of me being homosexual." Harry said in a soft voice.

A line that shall echo through history.

>tfw no more fujo books because so many female leads nowadays

Anime industry.
For example otaku are willing to buy dosens of copies of the same ridiculously overprized disc for the chance to get a ticket to meet their favourite voice actress.

>implying fujoshi read books
Trying to market original novelistic conent to them is like trying to market collars and leashes to people who own fish.

Statistically speaking women read more and write more than men.
Who buys Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray according to you? University professors?

Interview with the Vampire is probably the original fujo-bait novel in English. It did very well.

They don't have sex, but Louis basically behaves towards Lestat like a battered wife.

Well as a homo that has been following their culture for decades here is what you are looking at from a finicial and demographic aspect

-fujoshi do not like big ticket items. Gay anime has terrible sales enough so that each season the market can only support one, anime is a big ticket item in Japan. If you are going to make a book make it cheap.

-Fujoshi homo relationships are veiled, they exist in subtext. No one wants an explicit gay relationship unless it has a lot of build up. This might no be apparent when you read fanfics but remember that fanfics are building on an origenal piece, a piece which is already veiled.

-Most gay stuff that is written sucks. If you were to change the characters to be straight no one would fucking buy that crap. What' why we need slash because they characters have depth and goals beyond getting in each other's pants. Even when fujoshi and gay men do write their own stuff they seem to forget that last step. Whether it's set in highschool, a fantasy land, or in space it's really just a drama about 2 people trying to fuck or maybe 3 people trying to fuck.

-Women need a role in the story. This sounds counter-intuative at first but if you look at the homo stuff that is made they always have female characters usually in supporting roles or as a source of evil. The latter was more common in the past when fujoshi were more self-loathing.

-The majority of gay men and fujoshi do not want to read about LGBT politics in your writing.

Are you a real gay?

What's it like to be a fag?

>What's it like to be a fag?

Self-loathing, confusion about how to relate to masuclinity, constant art starvation due to there being very little homo in televsion and movies (with pretty much everything from the West being unwatchable)

The third state is the worst because it's the only one which is not solveable. The last two have some hidden advantages.

>constant art starvation due to there being very little homo in televsion and movies
>The third state is the worst because it's the only one which is not solveable.
If you started with Greeks you wouldn't have this problem

>Self-loathing, confusion about how to relate to masuclinity

This

It's really just a matter of supply and demand. The amount of good art that focuses on homosexual characters, as opposed to stuff where they are merely tokens, is low that it is possible to consume it all within a year or two. I should clarrify I do not consider the guilt trippy gay love movies the west makes good art, I am not even physically capable of watching those. Also I should clarrify the majority, in fact almost all, of fujoshi manga and anime is garbage easily the worst of the manga and anime word. Even the fujoshi will sometimes grudgingly acknowledge this. Everything from the writing quality, to the development, to the quality of the art is considerably lower than any other genre. No 6 is the best gay anime there is by far, yet it is only an average. If the characters were heterosexual not a single person would remember a year after it came out. That's the height of homo stuff in anime and anime is the most conductive medium to gay that exists!

Slash is basically mana from heaven.

I was referring to fujoshi, not women as a whole. Is 50 Shades of Gray a gay love story? Is Twilight? Please revise your reading comprehension notes from middle school.

I guess that's true, but I don't think its success is due to fujoshi buying it. It appeals to a wide demographic.

I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole for asking this but what exactly does your sexuality have to do with the enjoyment of art. Even if we assume that you are completely incapable of relating to any sort of heterosexual romance appealing to this sort of sensationalism is the cheapest sort of writing. How about reading stuff that is actually, you know, good?

It's not that I am not incapable of relating to and enjoying heterosexual romance or that that overall quality is not important: I enjoy James Bond movies and love those and that's as far removed from homo as you can get.

It's that I have urged which are never satisified by art. Imagination if for instance there was virtually no action in all of art. You could read books and watch movies for a year and never see any weapons or physical confrontation depicted. It would just feel like something vital part of life is missing from the world of art.

Ok you got that. Well it's even WORST than that. If it was just a matter of depiction in art this wouldn't be a problem. The big problem is you as a homosexual or bisexual or whatever are going to not see any examples of what the proper way to conduct your feelings as. Your parents are not gay, neither is virtually everyone you meet. So you're stuck with a lot of questions about the nature, function, and proper way to conduct your feelings which are not getting answered and which you might not even know the correct words to ask. Depending on how you were raised you might not even had known you had these feelings.

When people have no answers in the real world they look for answers in art. It's the only thing left. It's really impossible to describe how important reading Berserk was for me, because Griffith is in it.

>It's really impossible to describe how important reading Berserk was for me, because Griffith is in it

>It's really impossible to describe how important reading Berserk was for me, because Griffith is in it.
Really. It's really the kind of cheap sensationalism that I hate. I really despise people like Miura or Togashi that write on a certain theme just to satisfy their morbid curiosity. They are no better than fujoshit. Their kind of writing is just self-indulgent. They have no respect for their characters - those are just tools for their personal pleasure.
In fact I can understand what you are talking about - wanting to address the things that you are most afraid of but I find it weird that you found some sort of answer in this lowest level of writing. Do you have this little self respect or is my perception wrong in some way?

>It's really impossible to describe how important reading Berserk was for me, because Griffith is in it.

user, that story was written by a fat virgin pedo.

>When people have no answers in the real world they look for answers in art. It's the only thing left.

Well screw you for being a anonymous post on Veeky Forums. Wish I could quote this on an article I'm writing lel
But trolling aside, I get where you're coming from, user. Maybe try looking into some latin american movies/series for gays and lesbians well portrayed in a realistic manner in media.

>James Bond
>far removed from homo
youtube.com/watch?v=MvAISFufHek

>constant art starvation
Why do you need art that would appear to your fetishes? I understand the stupidity of such question on an anime imageboard. But still, can't you appreciate the general beauty of prose, human characters, direction or whatever qualities the art you consume have?

Dude, already asked and answered

Fat virgin pedo who has a piss fetish.
He's really the GRRM of Japan.

>lowest level of writing
I think you and I have a very different set of values. To be direct you sound completely emasculated. Berserk has violence, cruelity, selfishness, egoism, sacrifice and suffering. These are highly masculine traits. I really do take Griffith as a model of human excellence, particularly during the eclipse saga.

Berserk is really about two complete, competent, human beings in a complex relationship. Which really only exists in the world of slash.

>I really do take Griffith as a model of human excellence, particularly during the eclipse saga

Nigga. Oh nigga...
Griffith is dumb as shit and the only thing he's good for is being a cum rag for old men and sadist dwarves.

And you sound pretty complexed desu. Which I guess is normal in your situation, but you should at least be aware of it.
It's people like Miura and yourself that are afraid of being seen as emasculated so you seek to vent out your frustrations in some sort of exaggerated fantasies like these. Do you really think it makes you cool?
I assume I am talking to an at least somewhat reasonable human being?

I think that people who are broken have a lot of potential for writing good characters. Fiction is their refugee where they can channel everything they want to be but never can.

It's fine to be a loser in real life but if you can't be a winner in your dreams than that's sad.

Man that stuff really shocked me as a kid. First depiction of homos in film is them as ugly freak shows. It actually really bothered me when I was younger that I was incapable of like 007 movies since it really confirmed I lacked a proper love of masculinity. I like them now though.

The real homo though was in Man with the Golden Gun. It's very slashy. Nn the novels Scaramanga is a repressed homosexual, which makes a lot of sense. Art really need cool homos like him instead of guilt trip movies.

>Fiction is their refugee where they can channel everything they want to be but never can.
>It's fine to be a loser in real life but if you can't be a winner in your dreams than that's sad.
Dude, you OK?

I don't see what's wrong with that train of thought. Art is just dreams and fantasies. It's not real.

>And you sound pretty complexed desu
I would conservatively put the % of homosexuals with a complex at 100%. Anyone who spends a great deal of time reflecting on their faggtory or seeing what other faggots say about it when they don't think anyone is listening is going to discover this.

I wouldn't say any of this in public or on any forum that wasn't anonymous.

>afraid of being seen as emasculated
That's a kind of complex question. Can you be both masculine and femine at the same time or is it a question of either or? Does being more masculine mean I become more feminine? I really don't know man. Ideally I'd like to be both without excluding the other if that's possible.

As for Miura. I think the best artists are troubled ones. A good artist is a sick person. Why would a healthy person make art? Art is about things that don't exist in the real world. If you had a terrific fucking life you would never be motives to create a world of things that don't exist.

>Art is just dreams and fantasies.
I am really surprised that you can say that so lightly. Are you aware that many people would disagree with you?
By your standards is Twilight a literary masterpiece?

>A good artist is a sick person.
Insight requires both experience and deep reflection.

>Art is about things that don't exist in the real world.
You are very wrong. Your way of thinking is quite primitive.

Furries. Furries will pay up to 3000 bucks for a comission image of two man-dogs touching butts.

I don't see how this hard is much of a leap. Practially all art from writing, to movies, to 2D art depicts things that do not exist. Even if they are based on real events or people things get changed, there are very few exceptions to this.

So art by it's nature is already about the unreal.

You know that blue chick Krystal? From Star Fox? The one you fap to a lot? There is a certain famous furfag that has commissioned literally hundreds of pictures of his self-insert fox OC doing things with Krystal.

You have probably masturbated to a picture of Alty and haven't even realized it!

>tfw fujoshits are fucking huge on the internet but yurifags get ignored
IT'S NOT FAIR

>Griffith is dumb as shit and the only thing he's good for is being a cum rag for old men and sadist dwarves.

He's living the dream m88

maybe if you weren't so obnoxious about MUH PUREST FORM OF LOVE XD people would actually tolerate your presence

they are the horniest and most retarded of horny retards, without a doubt

I don't get how you can reach that conclusion?

Who gets more anime every season? It's the yurifags. Fuck it's getting to the point where half of all animes must have a token lesbian. You also get more implied ones.

Who gets BETTER anime? Utena vs Free Madoka vs No 6

Who got a Western cartoon about a brown homo protagonist?

Who's sexual orientation is more marketable to the big straight market? Straights love lesbians but hate gays.

-t homo man

Gays are so butthurt.
What is the reason for this?

Constantly and literally getting fucked in the asshole by large penises?

Nobody except false flaggers on /a/ does that
Also
>tfw Kindred Spirits 2 never ever
You might be right but Free was pandering to Fujos so much more than Madoka/Utena to yurifags. I'm still jelly

That's the joke

You have Yuri!!! On Ice, faggot. Go on, name one recent yuri anime that became as big of a cultural phenomenon. But of course, nothing is ever enough and you'll just ignore the good things that happen so you can whine and be oppressed.

I'm not even the guy you're replying to and I don't watch yuri, so don't call me a butthurt yurifag please. God, I hate having to defend yurifags but you leave me no choice.

The irony is that not only is yuri the purest form of love, a lot of anime featuring it as either a subtext or plot element are just objectively better than yaoi shows.

Maybe it's because lesbianism is considered far more taboo in Japan than homo, so shows willing to push that particular envelope will also do it in other ways too.

I wasn't thinking about pandering but the general quality level. As a homo I'll freely admit gay anime is terrible, Free's only merit is it's animation budget and No 6 is only mediocre. In contrast Utena is probably the best stuff on TV.

We do have LOGH though.

>We do have LOGH though.
Isn't the only canon homo that one Kaiser? I don't think your tendency to ship characters gives you the right to claim the series.

Yuri on Ice is a cultural phenomena? When did that happen?

Measured on their artistic merits yuri anime is far, far better. Utena is a good contender for best anime ever made. Izcer 1 is a decent choice for most fun OVA ever (while the gay OVAs are so garbage even the fujoshi forgot they exist).

>When did that happen?
When the world's top figure skaters started shilling it and tourist attractions in Japan started getting much bigger visitor numbers by advertising with Yuri on Ice shit. Seriously, it's huge.

There's no cannon homos in it. Than again Utena kind of boarders between shipping and cannon itself. The movie is full gay while the show kind of pushes the limit for how gay something can get without being cannon. That's sort of what Logh did with the Kaiser and Siegfried.

Honestly anime is really about blurring the line between cannon and shipping.

I don't mean Reinhard, there was one Kaiser who liked choir boys a little too much, I think his name was Maximilian. It's been years since I watched LOGH, so I'm not sure.
Of course you can ship Reinhard and Siegfried but I'd say it's about the same level as shipping Mio and Ritsu.

To add to this, I would also like to mention that Berserk, which is arguably one of the most recognizable manga titles of all time, has canon homos. That's right, the most famous and well-regarded manga in the world is made to appeal to your sexual proclivities.

You mean Griffioth? Honestly I'm not sure how much is my shipping tendancies and how much is cannon.

If you mean minor characters than that's a bad argument. Lesbians as side characters is very common in anime. The market like lesbians more than fags

Griffith was in love with Guts. It's unmistakable.
>affection
>unbearable hunger

Bump. This thread was unexpectedly non-cynical.

I unironically enjoy a couple fujo writers but I'm an idiot fag so

You want to share their names? Good homo authors are always appreciated. We're all starving here.

As a fag I like fujoshi writers. They may be terrible at both creativity and depth but their vision is infinitly better than the guilt trip stuff the West pulls. They at least try to depict gay guys as cool, they might not have an idea of what it means for a man to be cool, masculine, powerful, or successful. But at least they are trying.

Togainu no chi is the chief example here. Shiki, Rin, and the whole open-world death match idea in particular.

I don't want to read about females in a fujo book unless they have an actual plot role and they aren't there just to cockblock the main MC. Everything in the west is just keen to shove females into everything nowadays. And the important thing is the plot which I hope isn't just going to be boring romance shit.

Yurifags get way more stuff I think.
Even in sff you've got books like The Traitor Baru Cormorant

What I want is a homo relationship with a loli thrown in the middle. She hasn't hit puberty so you can't imagine her as a love-rival, she's young enough so she requires parental care (hint hint adopted child for the 2 men), plus lolis are fucking cute.

Females as authority figures would be good if you were writing for a gay audience because gay men have mother complexes. You could explore that with a female authority figure. If she's old enough she's also outside the dating range for the male characters since conventionally women do not date boys younger than them.

I think that the only people who write lolis are people who already love animu.