Things your family does that piss you off

>oil in pasta water
>breaks pasta
>never drains fat
>doesn't use seasoning

I see my parents once or twice a year, so whatever minor irritations I might have about their cooking habits don't really upset me. For the most part we're just glad to spend time together.

Don't waste your youth on Veeky Forums, op.

>Uses margarine

Maybe you should move out then.

Too late for that.
Can't afford to at the moment. Life has been shit.

>Don't waste your youth on Veeky Forums, op.

This is some fucking truth right here

t. Someone who ruined their life social/career-wise playing WoW with Veeky Forums autists

I've been rebuilding, but once you lose it...holy shit its an uphill road.

For Khaz Modan!

Even seeing screenshots intensifies the cravings.

It's been years since I've played it but a little part of me is still there...

I played during both of those years too...

this
i also cook for my family so problem solved

I miss the sense of community in old MMORPGs where random people actually used to work together for quests and raids and shit, man. Now everyone just plays for/by themselves only. Doing party quests in Maplestory with random people who you later ended up adding or they added you and just chatting with them while playing was one of the comfiest feelings ever; that you could make friends with a total stranger who was potentially on the other side of the world. It's so rare now, and I miss that.

They didn't change

You did.

Reflect on that powerful lesson

this is how i can tell you are either underage and never grew up with being part of a community in online games or you just dont play games anymore at all, or you are just a retard

this is the truth.
is retarded

>if you don't have an encyclopedic memory of online video game culture circa 2009, you're underage
This post gave me prostate cancer

You know what I really hate?
Cooking for an ungrateful son who pisses and moans on an anonymous image board about how I cook.
If you can't afford to move out, you can't afford to bitch.
Grow up, kiddo.

>hammer gripping the knife

triggered

My mother overcooks lamb and octopus, can't fry seafood (except cod and squid) to save her life and makes her soups too soupy (making them bland).
My father is half American, so he insists on "cooking" recombinant cuisine by mixing a box of This-Brand™ food-alike X, with a tin of That-Brand™ food-alike Y and a pot of The-Other-Brand™ food-alike Z. Unless he's cooking food from my grandmother's country, which means putting raisins and almonds in savoury dishes, which I dislike.
My brother can't cook unless everything is specified to the gram and the millisecond.

That too. My mother calls margarine 'butter,' which annoys me.

Wtf are they making?

You come from a family of retards.

Well, they're pan frying mealy unripe tomatoes with no herbs, and there is olive oil present, and the gay friend is making some pasta, so I'd say spaghetti. Really bland spaghetti.

>oil in pasta water
It doesn't really affect anything, it's just a waste of oil is all.
Then don't cry about it, poorfag. Consider yourself lucky your parents love you enough to let you leech off of them.

>oil in pasta water

Actually some chefs, here in Italy, put oil in pasta water to avoid that pasta stick togethere once drained

I know what you mean. Just the cards I've been dealt I guess.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I've been able to make a few friends, but we forget who each other are in a week.
cooks when wasted and leaves food all over the fucking place
spends money for food on drugs and alcohol
get on my level

Those aren't friends. No wonder you don't have any, you have no idea what they are. Do you also "fall in love" with every female that "shows interest"?

>reading comprehension

Some WoW vanilla servers still focus on cooperation. Pretty cool imho.

uhh what exactly is wrong with oil in pasta water?

It helps actually stopping the pasta water from foaming over by breaking the foam on the top of the water it doesn't do anything about them sticking since by that point it's already a done deal

Unfortunately in the same boat you're in. I have aspbergers and have never known what real friendship is. I've read books and studies about friendships and how they're made. It still makes no sense to me. Not much of a social life and making friends at work is not an option because I'm a nurse and most of my coworkers are female. Unfortunately my attempts at making friends in the work environment either come off as creepy or like I'm attempting to act on an attraction to them. Neither are good for long term employment.

>My brother can't cook unless everything is specified to the gram and the millisecond.

Unless your brother has been cooking for a number of years, let him work thru the pedantry. Hopefully he loosen up at some point

Walk into the kitchen and exist at any point past that.

>My brother can't cook unless everything is specified to the gram and the millisecond.
I'm someone's brother too and I'm the same. It's because when you say shit like "add some X" I'm not sure what "some" really is, some could be very different then what you meant to me. Like say "some" for you is 200 mg of X, some could be 500 of it to me. I know that once I get used to cooking I'll get used to it but it's very confusing at the moment

It might not help to say this but try to think of how strong whatever X is, and then base it off that.

>every meal comes with a salad made of just lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes mixed together
Dammit mom I love you but would it kill you to add a bit of variety?

man I wish I was ruining my life with Veeky Forums autists, I'm even reclusive from online socialization and guard my anonymity like a crazy person

I'm inclined to agree with yes, there are more options for solo play now, but people still gather up and play socially, you're the one that no longer has the nature to fall into that

I don't talk to them anymore and though my Father cooked for a living he was equally terrible save for a few dishes each.
Where to begin...
Cheap steak baked til nearly black in soy sauce and onions only, they were small and circular so the edges curled up like pepperoni.
Flour dredge used for pork chops and chicken kept for an extended period of time.
Instant potatoes made with a 1/4 cup milk and a load of margarine until they were high yellow.
Jumbo chicken hotdogs boiled until they split served with or without shitty white bread that's too small.
Ribs that have a gigantic bone and are comprised of mostly chewy fat that will give you indigestion.
Spaghetti noodles overcooked mixed all together with freezer burnt ground beef and Ragu pasta sauce.
Rice was always mushy and wet or still crunchy.
Tacos made with months old freezer burnt 80/20 undrained, no water, taco seasoning pack, and up to 2 cups of cheese served on flavorless store bought hard shells.
Overcooked ramen with dumplings that were just flour and water aka dense globs.
Buying the most bland sandwich ingredients only cheap crappy white bread, shitty mayo, chicken or turkey and provolone so all you taste is the shitty mayo and a tiny hint of meat flavor in the bread mush if it isn't toasted or with some pepper added that masks the meat even more.
Being a chain smokers and never washing their hands then deciding to mix things with the fucking filth tools.
Needless to say I stopped eating their cooking a while before I left home at 17 and halted turning into a fat fuck.
The only pros were my Dad made pretty good honey mustard chicken for me because his fried sucked and tuna macaroni salad with peas.
My Mother made good beer battered zucchini which was the only non-canned vegetable she ever bought, her Thanksgiving items, deviled eggs, chicken/egg salad and hamburger dip weren't awful because the Velveeta masked the freezer burn but the hand washing thing killed it as I got older.

Ive seen it several times here but whats wrong with oil in pasta water? Is this a meme?

It does nothing but wastes oil.

insists on guesstimating and ignoring bits of recipes they always think they know better even when they don't. honestly can't be too mad at free food though

Even Alton Brown flipped on this issue. He originally was hardlined against it but then eventually saw the err of his ways

My parents are pretty hood at cooking. My mother will follow a recipe to the letter so she doesn't usually fuck it up, she's just not good with timings, so a thing that would take me 20 minutes would take her nearly an hour, but if she cooks regularly then her timings get much better.
My father used to be great at cooking, but for the past ten years has been getting worse, he gets lazy and does these horrible shortcuts like using these cheap brand Asian sauces that taste like salted chemicals, he will triple salt a meal, add in tons of chilli/pepper even in a nonspicy dish, refuses to use anything but expensive cuts of meat and then slow cooks it so its dry as the sahara, and he is addicted to Facebook so will let food burn etc and it slows him down so a fucking salad takes an hour cause he's busy shitposting.
He still makes good meals occasionally though.
My MIL is the one who can't cook. She can make a couple of dishes to an edible standard but nobody taught her how to cook when she was younger and she's too thick to learn herself. Vegetables are nonexistent, the meat makes my dads seem 5star, she always cooks enough for 6 people even though there's only three, she just leaves food out on the counter too, for days! Not even in a box or anything, just sitting there in the cold pan, no wonder there's roaches in the house. She also is an utter child about anything she hasn't cooked. She threw a tantrum over a mcdolans chicken wrap that she had asked for and claimed she hadn't asked for it! She doesn't understand quality either and will mass buy meat that I wouldn't feed to a dog, just cause its cheap. I am not against cheap meat but holy fuck, choose it wisely. She also won't let me cook properly and hovvers around, turning the temps different which fucks up what I'm cooking. Its hard to get her to fuck off cause she only speaks Spanish and I only speak English.

>Serving pasta and sauce in separate pots instead of combining them

Apart from that there's nothing to really complain about. Mom and dad are both pretty good at cooking so it's a good time whenever I go back home to visit them.

>doesn't take the poop tube out of the shrimp

>>Serving pasta and sauce in separate pots instead of combining them
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Sometimes people want to measure how much sauce do they want in their pasta.

>naïve kid who wanted everything to remain the same and last forever, probably haven't grown up/mature to an extent up to this day
>"nah your the one who changed bruh xD I'm so deep"
Hmmm.

Yeahit doesn't really bother me that much, and I totally get why they do it like that, I just personally think it tastes a little bit better when you finish cooking the pasta in the sauce, that's all.

double dip the pb into the jelly and vice versa

This fucking shit right here

It stop the sauce from clinging to the noodles.
When you drain the noodles, the oil water sticks to them, coating the noodle in oil. Normally the sauce clings to the gluten on the noodle, but this can't happen because of the oil now coating it. Not to mention that the oil kills the taste and texture.
All you have to do is keep a little pasta water and mix it with the sauce. When that's done, splash a little of the sauce with the noodles and stir. This prevents them from sticking and having oil drenched noodles.
Oil in the pasta water is strictly an American thing, and would be a thing that gets you banned from the kitchen in Italy.

i have no family irl ;'(

>noodles

out

The most irritating thing about my families cooking is that they don't actually cook. Everything is prepackaged and store bought.

Your brother did nothing wrong though. Measuring your recipes allows you to perfect them

Thas what you get for playing retail, honkey