docs.google.com/document/d/1xryu0eX2TcLTafLcWo25wdNaUQ2zY_BMSGvEDvLZ4Ks/edit
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1a4z0JKMlSkYW9uYTZKdzc4YTQ?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh yay this thread again

A strong independent womin?

it's a rhetorical question

This is actually true

it's not even meant to be profound

rupi is pretty aware that she's trash, these poems are meant to be cliche and awful so they appeal to young girls' taste

The only thing I'm upset about is that now I can't make a book of poetry of "profound" statements with awkward spacing and make a profit. actually hell maybe i still could

A dick?

rupi kaur is the most mentioned poet in Veeky Forums's history

and John Green is the most mentioned writer

I can't stand her, but this has a ring of truth to it

unironically superior to anything rupi has ever produced

who?

modern shakespeare

this looks like she just wrote a sentence inside of a narrow text box

She handled the "girls only like chad" s who treat them like shit" archetype

But that is actually true for many women. Some have this weird abuse = love mindset. Blaming Daddy entirely is classic Freudian projection, but to say Dad doesn't play some part in his daughter's development is naive

Is this legit?

yeah

What is the purpose of the line breaks in these?

Is it poetry to put a sentence across multiple lines?

Don't get me wrong, her poetry seems like bullshit, but how is it any different than the style of say, Langston Hughes? She's somewhat talented, just isn't talking to the right audience when she talks to you.

a lot more cliches
no talent
fuck off rupi

>and still lives
but then it stops beating and you are pronounced dead and are buried in the ground.

Wtf, poetry is metaphorical and used symbols and analogies? D:< I'm mad! Poetry should be anatomically and scientifically accurate! I want my money back!

If she doesn't break up the lines and add a doodle then people will realize that her 'book' has two or three pages' worth of writing

>international bestseller
>loved by people all over
>You still aren't published
>"No talent"

Is there something worse than "no talent"? That's you.

you forgot your line breaks

>green texts
>are
>line breaks

my bad, i'll do it

>inter
>national best
>seller
>loved by people all
>over
>You still
>aren't
>published
>"No talent"

- rupi kaur

Well, at least Angie reads

hi rupi

not really. kids are fucking idiots. they will piss you off. you will still love them despite being sick and tired of their shit. but kids need guidance. a strong father figure teaches a girl what independence means. why are the most independent girls the ones who aren't afraid to call me daddy?

I thought daddy issues were just a meme

You thought wrong. Why don't you interact with an actual girl and see for yourself?

Please stop talking about this worthless cunt. Let her 15 seconds of attention be gone and over with. I don't want to even ironically discuss her anymore.

I love rupi threads because it's hard to tell the real poems from the meme ones

She's famous because of a publicity stunt involving menstrual fluid, not because of any "talent." She self published her "collection" in 2014 but sales were negligible until she hit the female hysteria jackpot in 2015. She seems genuinely stupid.

I'm also pretty sure that 80-90% of her poetry books are bought, leafed through once or twice, and then never opened again.

Creme et sugar, when are we going to publish it?
docs.google.com/document/d/1xryu0eX2TcLTafLcWo25wdNaUQ2zY_BMSGvEDvLZ4Ks/edit

The "proto-files" with extra poetry:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1a4z0JKMlSkYW9uYTZKdzc4YTQ?usp=sharing

Requiem of the Self Proclaimed Poet.

Ideas are stars
dotting the vast velvet darkness
that is my mind.

Words bubble from my lips
Fountain of genius
Spilling out
Dribbling down my chin
Spilling out over
the white virgin landscape.
Stain.

Tainted.
Syllabic Vomit
Iambic Cliches and muted metaphors
Pixie Dust without the magic
Notice me Senpai.

Nevermind
I'm shit at this.

>emotionlet who can't control his feelings like an adult, maintain calm and explain what he dislikes logically

>Decide to translate the poem in OP
>I make it rhyme accidentally
Fuck. Might as well send it to a paper.

Not gonna lie this is genius.

Do you think Rupi Kaur is aware of the fact that an actual 6 year old is outperforming her in poetry? How can we tell her?

Also, is this the end goal of a post-modern literary society? After all, good literature is subjective, user.

>inb4 300 posts while threads about talented writers get ignored

Stop shitting on this girl, she is the logical conclusion to lyrical poetry. Shit on that if you will.

Guys like Wordsworth or Keats weren't saying anything more profound at all, you just respect them because of their lyrical mastery. But that aspect had to evolve so as not to have faggot poets jerking off about nature and their inherent superiority in the exact same style.

Rupi is the last cry of shitty lyrical poetry. I reckon that in the next generation we will finally return to glorious epic poetry.

>she is the logical conclusion to lyrical poetry
No, Sappho was

This made me kek pretty good

"Paper chasin', tell that paper, "Look, I'm right behind ya"
Bitch, real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Jumped in a wishin' well, now wish me well
Tell 'em kiss my ass, call it kiss and tell"
- Lil Rupi

99% of the development issues of both boys and girls comes from fathers not being there or mothers being there too much.

0/10 bait

lol