Meme food of the year

>ITT: List what you thought the meme food of the year was for as far back as you can remember
2010: Deep fried everything
2011: Cheap wine ("it's good now")
2012: Chipotle
2013: Sriracha
2014: Pumpkin spice
2015: Craft beer with wierd flavors (especially micro-brews) or Asian fusion
2016: Avacado
2017: Soylent

I feel like kale should have been the winner for one of those years.

Yeah, Bacon and Nutella have definitely won at least one year too.

2018 will be the year of the arch burger

Shit, I completely forgot about all those. I wanna eventually make this into an infographic for the info threads that get posted here so I really appreciate all the suggestions I can get

Bacon and Nutella can have years before 2010.

Not sure of the years but
>froyo
>grapefruit

I specifically remember grapefruit being super popular right after Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the film) came out

kale was 2009 for me

Where do quinoa and chia fit in? Oh, and cronuts

Was about to ask the same for quinoa.

idk but ramen or pho
shits trendy scam IMO

2009-2010 when those retards on epic meal time would always do those stupid videos with disgusting fried bullshit.

I don't even know what the fuck soylent is.

Pho is wayyy overpriced where I'm at.

I've only had homemade pho, the gf is a SE asian and her grandmother made it for us. They serve it in these absolutely massive bowls, it's like half a gallon of shit

She could probably start a restaurant and charge hipsters $15 a bowl

salted caramel should be there somewhere but fuck if I know where
it's displaced regular caramel entirely, fuck this earth

These lists always coincide with the person getting older than 15.

I'm 30 and would have said deep fried everything was at it's height in maybe 2002, sriracha around 2006-2007, avocado around 2003, chipotle around 2006, pumpkin spice around 2007, craft beer with weird flavors around 2007, asian fusion around 2000

>trendy scam

Well if you're eating overpriced pho or ramen from hipsters that advertise the soups the same way they would shill kale, chia seeds, quinoa, and goji berries, then maybe you've been eating shitty soups.

2018 : Tide Pod

>2010: Deep fried everything
Terrible
>2011: Cheap wine ("it's good now")
Mostly terrible
>2012: Chipotle
Delicious
>2013: Sriracha
Delicious
>2014: Pumpkin spice
Delicious
>2015: Craft beer with wierd flavors (especially micro-brews) or Asian fusion
Both cases delicious
>2016: Avacado
Delicious
>2017: Soylent
Delicious

Came here to post this.

but instead you posted this

>Soylent
>Delicious
What the fuck is wrong with you?

This

Ive been eating grapefruit 3x a week for the past 5 years. Usually on the days im hung over and have to get to work asap. Coffee and grapefruit is a great pick me up.

Honestly, as far as meal replacements go it's not too shabby. Better than ensure and shit like that at least.

The engineers where I work drink this shit all the time, but I've definitely used it once or twice when I had a deadline and couldn't pop out for lunch.

It's all relative, it's gross for food but good for meal shakes

You really are behind the times on just about everyone of those.

bahn mi
gochujang or whatever

Give me a break, I live in Kansas

this thread

Cauliflower or quinoa for 2017 desu. Soy lent isn’t even that popular.

This. I feel like it was much more popular in 2016 than it was in 2017, too.

god i have been eating cauliflower as "rice" and "tatoes" for years. these bitches been sleepin on the cauli. i HATE moms

cauli dreamin baby!!!!

Soylent isn’t popular. It’s a meme, but it doesn’t fit in with the other products you mentioned. Normies and restaurants all went crazy for sriracha, pumpkin spice, and all the other things you listed, but soylent isn’t everywhere in commercials, on chips, on menus everywhere.

>Be 10 years old
>Playing with my friends
>Found a grapefruit tree full of ripe grapefruits
>We start playing around and a friend throws a grapefruit at my, hitting my torso
>It smell like puke, spend the rest of the day with a polo shirt stinking of ripe fruit
Since that day I have hated that shitty fruit.

All those things except soylent are still very popular.

There's nothing wrong with Chipotle, Sriracha, Avocado, Pumpkin Spice, or Craft Beer either. It all depends on when it's used and how it's used

Those are breaking out as trends, but are still for the most part staples of their respective country that people are gaining familiarity with simply due to an increase in the number of restaurants

>spices are popular
>food replacement soy shake isn't
They aren't even in the same category.

Look at all the restaurants and snack foods offering a pumpkin spice or sriracha something, soylent is only ever mentioned on Veeky Forums.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
You child

Right, I didn't mean there was anything wrong with them. I just meant what is the food trend of the year

how is bacon memefood? it's legit delicious

You don't remember all the bacon flavored bullshit in like 2009 because of those fags on YouTube? Bacon ice cream, bacon toothpaste, etc. Then people wore bacon memeshirts and shit. How do you not remember?

bacon flavoured things weren't a thing in my ountry and i've literally never seen shirts with bacon on shirts either.
also i rarely watch anything food related on youtube.
where was this a thing? let me guess, usa,right ?