READ
MORE
THOMAS
MANN

>Thomas
>not Heinrich

reading is for fags, I'll see you booktards on the day of the rope

Lösch das

I've been reading some of Magic Mountain lately. He's a good writer. Too bad he was such a despicable human being who hated his own people.

>Too bad he was such a despicable human being who hated his own people.

You would hate the Germans too if you were to live among us.

>I've been reading
hang yourself so I don't have to do it

Thx, I prefer watching Cure for Wellness hehe

Only for hating yourselves from the endless moral blackmail and intellectual terrorism you've been subjected to, but I can't really blame Germans for that. Hope it's getting better among young people and that there's a wakeup call upcoming from the violence initiated by the Merkel youth.

>i am a nerd and don't get along with anyone, let alone people like me. i hate myself.

>the violence initiated by the Merkel youth

Yes we all know the Junge Union to be a leftist organization known for causing violence and riots..

>i hate myself

This is correct, though that does not make Germans any less awful desu

Germans in general are a happy people who are proud of their country without being overly boastful.

They simply have their fair share of commies and day dreaming environmentalists/fairies/clueless pansies, that's all.

>Germans in general are a happy people

t. Definitely kein Ossi

I know, more or less, having spent time there. But the low birthrates and heightened levels of propaganda worry me wrt the long-term future since Germany is the most important piece of the puzzle for Europe's future reconquista.

>for Europe's future reconquista

It's Evropa.

Whatever, as long as we boot these jews back to their sandbox.

Can we get back to the topic of Thomas Mann?

Am Reading his cultural-political (600 pages) 'essay' "Betrachtungen eines Unpolitischen" atm, mystical and radically conservative but pretty based and key to understanding the philosophy behind his work but kinda makes me even more of a cultural pessimist regarding the current state of german/european culture :

kek

This is now a cringe thread.

It was his children that were pieces of shit. Literally silver spoon fed faggots who emigrated when things got tough and then came back after the war to demand harsher treatment of the people who'd just suffered a grueling, cataclysmic defeat. Fuck them.

>You never did the Thomas mann

Yes, please. Did anybody read Buddenbrooks? It is generally seen as less valuable than other well-known works, but I liked it.

This.

t. lived with germans for a week

i am reading Doktor Faustus and i'm liking it a lot :)

>to demand harsher treatment of the people who'd just suffered a grueling, cataclysmic defeat

There is nothing wrong with this.

>It is generally seen as less valuable than other well-known works, but I liked it.

In Germany Buddenbrooks is usually seen as his most important and best work desu. I do like it a lot!

>There is nothing wrong with this.
Coming from the people who'd been fighting a war or suffered through internment? Sure. Puffed up aristocrat kids riding on daddy's coattails who all had the money and the means to fuck off in the 1930s? No. Nasty little sadists. Not every German has the opportunity to marry fucking W.H. Auden to leave the country.

Genuinly nice people. Perhaps it's different in the bigger cities.

Is this any good?

>Mann expressed his belief in the collection of letters written in exile, Deutsche Hörer, that equating Russian communism with Nazi-fascism, on the basis that both are totalitarian systems, was either superficial or insincere in showing a preference for fascism. He clarified this view during a German press interview in July 1949, declaring that he was not a communist but that communism at least had some relation to ideals of humanity and of a better future.
wow what a homo
buddenbrooks was dope tho

>fighting a war

That they themselves had declared and forced the world into. The German people did not deserve the mercy given to them by the Allies.

>wow what a homo

Nothing in that statement is wrong though?

Familienverfallromane are one of my literary fetishes. I think in America The Magic Mountain is more widely read.
Doktor Faustus is very good, even better if you have some musical background, or if you actually listen the pieces mentioned.

>Familienverfallromane are one of my literary fetishes

For me its not only a literary fetish but also a very real one.

Yeah I meant the Allied nations when I said that user.

Read more Musil desu. Mann est ignare.