Why does Veeky Forums never talk about Paul Auster?

Why does Veeky Forums never talk about Paul Auster?

The Paulo Coelho of postmodernism

/lit? doesn't talk about many authors.....

because sophie calle is meant to be our friend and muse and she never writes half our novel for us or puts flowers in our basement. we'll talk about him when he gives her back.

>Calle asked writer and filmmaker Paul Auster to "invent a fictive character which I would attempt to resemble"[14] and served as the model for the character Maria in Auster’s novel Leviathan (1992). This mingling of fact and fiction so intrigued Calle that she created the works of art created by the fictional character, which included a series of color-coordinated meals.

Would it be anti-Semitic to say his work is mediocre at best?

see why auster doesn't deserve her?

300% proof autism

>not wanting an autistic stalker gf
if she calls you try to point her my direction

I believe he's behaved badly throughout

Throughout what?

How many is many?

Have respect for auster: music of chance, moon palace, book of illusions and the New York trilogy were good books. Deservedly praised. But man in the dark was meh, and the travels of the scriptorium probably one of the worst books I have ever read.

He knows he's lost it, and critics have turned from showering him with praise to lambasting him as incompetent.

How does he respond?

He writes 3,2,1 a door stopper of a novel to prove that he has still got it. All that blood, tears, time sand patience to rage against the dying of the light. Is it any good? Have no idea - haven't read it - but I respect his cajones

>All that blood, tears, time sand patience to rage against the dying of the light. Is it any good? Have no idea - haven't read it

wew

If you're always-already thinking about his being Jewish, then yeah, probably.

>Any references to narrative experimentation in his own work cause a drop in temperature: "I never experiment with anything in my books. Experimentation means you don't know what you're doing."

damn...

The New York Trilogy is his only noteworthy work, everything else ranges from mediocre to ok.

Lel it makes sense. To prove he still is a serious writer he has written a 900 page novel. Takes balls, especially when everyone calls you a hack. It might be 900 turd pages though (of maybe genius)?

How do you think the comic version of City of Glass compares to the original? It's touted as one of the best comic adaptions ever done, but maybe Faber and Faber are just shilling this for their own sake

Not everyone here lives in New York City

He's not even from New York