Slow cooker ideas

What are some of the best recipes for a slow cooker? Already did a beef stew with carrots and potatoes. Anything less "savory"? Meats? Pasta?

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.

You Veeky Forums fellows are fun. Looks like pasta but if you made that up yourself I am actually a little impressed.

>2 chicken breasts
>half a butternut squash
>bunch of chopped coriander
>couple of cups of coconut milk
>red curry paste

leave the breasts whole, cube the squash, put chicken breast on squash. add red curry paste and coconut milk, mix until the paste is dissolved and the milk is orange. add chopped coriander. cook on low for 6-8 hours, garnish with coriander. try serving it over vermicelli

lurk two years before posting

Do this OP do Indian cuisine like eggplant stew. Could try pulled pork too. Stews and curries are the best things to make. Could also try different kinds of dumplings even dessert ones.

I use my Slow Cooker to "steam"/roast veggies.

Yam, Zucchini, Bell Pepper, garlic and Brocolli. Some Olive oil on that fucker, some salt and pepper and you are golden. Three hours on high, maybe stir once a hour but not really needed. Healthy side-dish which is also delicious as fuck. Don't throw away the juices after that.

It’s pasta and we’re tired of slow cooker recipe request threads every fucking day. Google that shit.

Yeah it wasn't funny the first time you posted it either. You can stop now.

you mean I can buy something that allows me to cook a meal in just 10 hours instead of 15 minutes? AND IT HAS A TIMER????? LOVE IT.

hey buddy take out your frustrations on the slow cooker not on me ok?

If youve ever made soup or stew you dont really even need to google it, just have some level of independent thought.

I love my slow cooker. You're pure cancer though.

Yeah I bet you do pal.

>"Y-Y-Yeah I bet..."
Solid response.

Almost as solid as the ingredients in your slow cooker after you get home from work and realise you forgot to turn it on again.

you can do a whole chicken or turkey.

when it comes to temperature, gently remove from liquid, drain, and pat dry.

baste with browning sauce, add spice rub, and crisp the skin in the oven.

My parents got one for Christmas and they use it almost every single day.
Shit's awesome.

>Yam.
You mean sweet potato.
>Zucchini.
You mean aubergine.

Better yet you can usually get cubes frozen squash for cheaper.

user...

Split pea soup works well in a slow-cooker.

Just two cups of split peas, two chopped potatoes, two chopped celery stalks, two chopped carrots.

Combine in 2 quarts of stock or water with sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Maybe some dry mustard, too. Use about 1-2 teaspoons of each.

Slow-cook for 2-4 hours and you're good.

>You mean aubergine.
Trips may not lie, but I think you mean courgette.