What kind of sausages do you like? What toppings are your favorite?

What kind of sausages do you like? What toppings are your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

agrodolce.it/ingredienti/salsicce/
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsiccia
bg.camcom.gov.it/millesapori/it/prodotti/salumi/salsiccia-della-bergamasca/
ilfattoalimentare.it/salsiccia-fresca-ceirsa.html
ceirsa.org/leggitutto.php?idrif=764
ceirsa.org/fd.php?path=201612/A_seguito_di_un_caso_di_intossicazione_da_nitriti.pdf
vivalafocaccia.com/ricetta-salciccia-fatta-in-casa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been getting a hardon for pork and apple lately for no reason, with a little bit of lemon dijonaisse butter.

It's deplorable, but it works for me.

i like fresh slim jims. i usually test their squishiness in gas stations noone wants any of those dried out ones.

throw on a bun with solo bbq sauce

bratwurst with curry ketchup

Italian sausage, dipped, with hot giard. Kielbasa with mustard in onion is a close second. Bratwurst with saurkraut and horseradish mustard is a more distant third but still great. Really any sausage.

Also if the sausage comes with Italian beef that's an added bonus.

any recommendations that's [spoiler]halal[/spoiler]

Who /'nduja/ here?

Venison and red wine is pretty up there.

my favorite is anything with some heat to it. i use to get some handmade ones from a korean man with his own live-in store. i wish i had a pic but theyre a coarse texture with a somewhat high content of fat pig meat sausage, about the 2 3/4's of a coke can in girth with a slow onsetting mouth heat that ends up in the sinuses

For me it's the bratwurst.

You all having shit tier sausages. Feast on this beast!

What is "Italian sausage"?

Been craving a good Cumberland Ring

you mean medister?

I don't know is what the fuck that is, but my pic was of a Cumberland ring

looks like medister

It's what amerilards call sausage.

you guys ever notice that sausages look kinda like penises

Is that expensive?
Importing meat from Italy can’t be cheap.

If an American foodstuff has the name of a country in front of it (Italian, German, whatever) it likely has absolutely nothing to do with that country.

Never had it, hard to find where i am, how is it?

Why is that? Seems a bit odd really.
I mean if I buy French butter it comes from France or spanish ham it’s going to be imported.

Pepperoni.

The problem: the texture and flavor varies wildly from brand to brand.

It's technically a salami. I want to try some authetic Italian salamis.

I'm gonna make sausages but not eat them in a bun and instead get a bunch of things to dip them in. Was gonna get grain dijon mustard, ketchup, chutney of some kind but any other ideas?

cause naming something after a first world country with good food is a very viable strategy, but actually producing products with the quality of foodstuffs in those countries is not so viable, and they don't have much law against lying outright in marketing

Pepperoni is not technically salami.
Salame is a fermented sausage, pepperoni is trailer park fare.

White sausage.

the "Italian" in Italian sausage refers to the spices used in the sausage. because there are so many kinds available in the US, we do this to differentiate.

I think you've covered all your bases there, unless you wanna go the HP sauce route.

I recommend red onion chutney with sausages, as long as the sausages themselves aren't too sweet.

Chori con salsa criolla.

but in italy we put no spices in sausage

Very doubtful. All good sausage has spices.

"Italian sausage" sold in the US has a gross mix of spices that I assume are not correctly replicating what is made in Italy.

Arroz con longaniza or arroz con chorizo is my favorite meal. I don't like eating sausages alone.

nigga i know my sausages, there's nothing in them
a good sausage has good meat, what's the point if you cover it in spices
it's probably like the alfredo sauce, something you think is italian but that never existed here to begin with

Bend the knee in front of your superiors, yurotrash.

brats with mustard
This is good with saltines while pan fishing.

Cumberland. English mustard

Well most central European sausages have spices in them and are amazing.

I know of cotechino, which to my knowledge is both Italian and spiced.

>cotechino
wouldnt really call it a sausage, but yeah it has a few spices (not many but that is variable depending on the area)
standard fresh sausage is just meat

Go stick a fennel up your asshole you teenage fart-huffer so at least others will be able to enjoy the smell

everyone knows you are what you eat, finocchietto mio

Again I don't really believe you, can you post a traditional recipe?

agrodolce.it/ingredienti/salsicce/
>Nella tradizione culinaria dell’Italia settentrionale la salsiccia si consuma fresca e cotta ed è solitamente aromatizzata con pepe, cannella, vino bianco e aglio. Nel Meridione è d’uso insaporirle con ingredienti altrettanto forti come semi di finocchio, aglio, peperoncino, peperone, pomodoro e tocchetti di formaggio. In Toscana e in Umbria si consumano solitamente secche e dunque crude.

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsiccia
>All'impasto così ottenuto viene aggiunto solitamente vino (prevalentemente rosso) e altre spezie, quali possono essere pepe, peperoncino, coriandolo, finocchio, noce moscata, anche zucchero (destrosio, saccarosio).

Are these sites all lying to me?

This

>bratwurst
>spicy mustard
>kraut
>kölsch

italians are just retards when it comes to food. they will act superior no matter how many times you prove them wrong

you are confusing fresh sausage and sausage
fresh sausage is the one that is supposed to be eaten fast, and has nothing added to it
tipically gets grilled
sausage instead gets added spices and salt that allow it to lose water and get dry
when you say sausage in italy it's implied you talk about fresh sausage, because all the other kinds have their own name, be it salame, culatello, cotechino or whatever it is
if you just google salsiccia you will get answer to the second type
burgers are just retards when it comes to food. they will act superior no matter how many times you prove them wrong

british are just retards when it comes to food. they will act superior no matter how many times you prove them wrong

they have slags tho

i bet you're that fuckwit I was arguing with yesterday, that tried to tell me I was cooking bolognese sauce wrong and linked me to napoletano ragu recipes to prove it. also confused noodle with spaghetti and tried to be condescending by saying I was using the wrong shape, thinking I didn't use tagliatelle and parpedelle already. hey, if you're italian you should really consider banging your head against a concrete wall until you severely damage your parietal and temporal lobes, hopefully then you will finally stop talking about nonna's recipes

>chorizo
>italian sausage
>andouille sausage
>breakfast sausage (WTF SO GOOD)

what? im not him, i dont link roba napoletana, dont want to catch any illness
indeed would take a lot of hits to the head to lower my level and be able to discuss with you tho

You mean something akin to this?

bg.camcom.gov.it/millesapori/it/prodotti/salumi/salsiccia-della-bergamasca/
>La concia avviene aggiungendo all'impasto sale marino, vino rosso e spezie. L'impasto viene quindi insaccato utilizzando il budello di ovino detto groppino. Va conservata in luoghi freschi e areati.

Again, not really sure what you are talking about when you say no spices are used as all I see is sources stating the opposite. The Swiss and Austrians at your border use spices, why would Northern Italy be any different?

that makes no sense, you pumpkinheaded cunt. if you were smarter then you'd have an easy time discussing with me, only dumber people would have trouble, but banging your head against a wall wouldn't make you smarter. besides, the point was to injure your cognitive function in the fields of language and memory so that you couldn't talk about food anymore, not to lower your iq and make you easier to talk to. in an ideal world, your tongue would be cut out and your ears would be severed, but the only hope right now is a self-afflicted wound

evidently you didnt read nor understood
fresh sausage isnt sausage, fresh sausage hasnt spices, will have to be cooked to be eaten (some eat it raw but not that common)
sausage is cured meat, spices are added, will be eaten raw
the confusion is created by english, sausage translates to salsiccia and it only indicates fresh sausage.
y-you do know that i actually need eyes and hands to post? also cutting ears doesnt affect hearing, even if it would be pretty annoying

it's the mark of shame that a slave holds. read More's Utopia dumbass

oh, i see
in your case, i would get a fire-proof umbrella for your afterlife then

>the confusion is created by english
Then then use your Latin keyboard to send me a link to what you mean in Italian. Seems like the problem isn't English but that you're obfuscating the truth. I need a bit more than "Trust me, we have unspiced sausage but Italian is so amazing that we lack the way to properly translate a basic fucking recipe to the International standard language".

We're not retards, we have competence in food.

ilfattoalimentare.it/salsiccia-fresca-ceirsa.html
here you go
now dont ask for a ncbi certified sausage article

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARTED????!?!?! Your shitty language is not our first language, fortunately. They invented google translate, use it and shut the fuck up.

I love garlic sausage and onion but can never think of how to incorporate it except in a shitty ketchup sandwich

Post the original
ceirsa.org/leggitutto.php?idrif=764

And you'll note the link from CeIRSA
ceirsa.org/fd.php?path=201612/A_seguito_di_un_caso_di_intossicazione_da_nitriti.pdf
> “Salsiccia fresca” definita come una preparazione costituita
da un insaccato ottenuto con carni macinate alle quali siano stati aggiunti eventuali condimenti ed additivi
consentiti senza essere sottoposta ad alcun trattamento di conservazione ad eccezione del freddo
mantenendo al centro le caratteristiche di carne fresca.

I.e. still uses spices. The only thing it doesn't include is preservatives, hardly something the rest of the world is unaware of.

lol damn bro umad?

>nigga i know my sausages, there's nothing in them
>a good sausage has good meat, what's the point if you cover it in spices
Please, post a sausage recipe that calls for no spices to be added.

that would be a pretty short recipe? grind meat, put in budel, wa la
anyway
vivalafocaccia.com/ricetta-salciccia-fatta-in-casa/
that's legal talk, all labels have to put that kind of blabber on them because if there were spices in the place of preparation they will put it in the label
but all sausages will have the standard flavour of pig meat, unless you specifically buy an aromatized one
if you want to add, every area then will produce their own kind of sausage, but standard sausage is just simple pig

what kind of spices have your italian sausages? anything beyond salt and pepper is meme

Can some Americans explain to me why so many of your recipes call for sausage meat? I mean why bother filling that meat in a casing and then remove it? One could easily freeze & sell the filling like ground meat.

We have a lot of sausage sold without casings.

Why call it a sausage then?

>standard sausage is just simple pig
I still have my doubts. I am guessing they are just subtly spiced and you didn't realize. "Italian" sausage in the US is generally hot and includes caraway seed. I'm not entirely sure why it's considered Italian but the US is seriously lacking on sausage skills. Germanys, Poles and Czechs make the best sausages from what I've tasted.

t. Buys meat from a Czech butcher in Germany

Because it's the same kind of thing you would get in a sausage rather than just plain ground pork. First you bitch that we are removing casings now you are bitching that there isn't a casing to remove.

I really only like cured sausage butIi've been known to eat a good merguez.

Not bitching, just confused. No one would call ground/seasoned meat without any casing a sausage here.

Many sausages are uncased.

surely no caraway in them, there are sometimes the hot ones or the fennel ones but only in very big stores and like 3-4 packs
i eat spices very rarely so im sensible to them, i doubt they would pass unnoticed
also note that i simply said standard italian sausages have no peculiar spices, never implied they are best or better than any
you can come over anytime anyway, will let you eat as many as you can
in my area we have also horse sausage, bit harder compared to pig but i like it a lot

Sorry then. It's just normal here to call it sausage despite it not having a casing.

Pretty sure fennel and caraway seed are referring to the same thing. In the US the Italian sausage contains whole unground seeds. As I said, US sausages are pretty awful on the whole and the Italian sausages they make are among the worst. I'd stay away from pretty much everything but nürnberger and certain Polish sausages when you are there unless you know you're at a quality butcher. Even then, most of the sausage is subpar to what you'd find at a European butcher.

>Pretty sure fennel and caraway seed are referring to the same thing.

Nah.

Uncased sausage, specifically breakfast sausage, is an American tradition that started with the Scottish immigrants who moved to the Southern colonies after the clan system was dissolved in the 1700s. In Scotland, they eat an uncased sausage called "Lorne sausage", which is traditionally made from ground meat, spices, and breadcrumbs, sliced into square pieces, and fried. As time went on and meat became more abundant and affordable, the descendants of these Scottish immigrants stopped adding the breadcrumbs, producing the breakfast sausage that we all know and love here.

Merguez. Goes good with harissa.

Some guy at the local farmer's market sells weird Hungarian spicy sausages inna bun with grilled onions and I would follow that man into hell.

haha
I have

Uncased sausage from the inventor. Cevapcici isn't even sausage, though.

With fries and mayo

Bullshit. Fresh sausage here is fine, and can be amazing depending on the type of sausage you want from each US region. Your gonna get awesome Italian style sausages both cured and fresh from areas that have a huge population of Italian immigrants and their families, likewise with German/Polish sausages in the Midwest.

If you're comparing Johnsonville sausages to shit in Euro butchers then you might as well compare Kraft singles to English farmhouse Cheddars. Fine to say that you don't prefer it, but to insinuate that all our shit is fucked up in an attempt to appear knowledgeable and worldly to other Europeans, then you are doing yourself a disservice.

>Sausage bun
>Hot Italian sausage
>Diced yellow onions and green peppers

Comfy wintertime dinner.

fuck yea cunts, sausage thread!

Fuckin split kielbasa between two pieces of toasted sourdough with caraway saurkraut and mustard.

None of them compare to European sausage 2BH, although they're still better than the Brit slime tubes.

choripan con pebre

mutthurt

Still... Sooooo good - had it in Macedonia for the first time this summer

theres hundreds of bratwurst in germany,.
Its just the name for a sausage that needs a fry or a grill before eating...
@op
Weisswurst
Chorizo
Merengueze

Homemade pork and fennel, w/roasted garlic and a hint of anchovies. To be paired with pineapple kimchi on an olive tapenade and feta pizza, topped with caramelized onions and crunchy bell pepper. The only way for me to enjoy pineapple on pizza.

Failing that, any of my seafood or gator sausages in which I include bone marrow for extreme richness. The alligator meat is lean enough to forgive the fatty marrow's low melting point. A thing of beauty.

actually it doesn't come from the word for frying, which is braten, but Brät, which is just the minced meat for the filling.
Bratwurst is a generic term though. I enjoy Krakauer the most