/cg/ coffee general

how do i into coffeegame?

what are some good nutty roasts (NOT fruity or acidic)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sM3cB0i6ZZU
sevenseeds.com.au/collections/espresso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shhhh shhhh no talkie until I've had my sippy sips, wagie

This. What the hell were you thinking OP?

Based neet poster

Just made myself a delicious almond-vanilla latte
2 teaspoons almond extract
3 teaspoons mexican vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar
buncha milk
espresso from bialetti

generally speaking south american. beans from africa are more known to be fruity and acidic.

just go to a few local roasters and ask for something on the nutty side. s/he will give you some kind of arabica. And there ya go.

>ask for not acidic
>get arabica

uh, user

Get Peru coffee. Personal favorite for being not too strong, good and smooth. If you want to avoid acidity all together, learn to make cold brew.

Like others have said, get a fresh roast, freshest as possible as in the roast date printed no older than two weeks. If you can't find a shop available, but you have a Costco nearby, their bulk bags have fairly good coffee. Just avoid blends. Blends will always use some stale old beans. Just make your own.

What's the saturation point for dissolved sugar in hot water?
I imagine this would just have a load of gummy syrup shit at the very bottom of the cup.

I got a bag of Blue Mountain and I regret it. That shit was so good

1. Most Blue Mountain is fake or heavily blended, and that which isn't is often stale or in substandard condition anyway

2. Blue Mountain's reputation came from a time when coffee growing was less understood, and coffee processing was basically just "do it like we're used to and pray for the best". Times change, if you like a smooth and bright flavor look to Costa Rican or Colombian beans from any reputable roaster. Chances are it will be objectively better coffee, and cheaper (although not necessarily a whole lot cheaper since most of the fake blue mountain is sold for suspiciously little)

Is he right?

IKTF; I got 500g for 11 squids last year and burnt through it in just over a week... Wonderful taste in moka, espresso, and aero and blends beautifully,,,,
When did you guys realise you had a serious habit/obsession? I found myself with six single origins this morning and wanted to get more... Apparently kenyan masai, honduran cristobal, Viet caramel roast, brazil bourbon, colombian medellin med, and ethiope harare aren't enough...

McCafe coffee is where it's at lads

Raw... fuck

Is that even coffee at that point?

Real talk that shit's pretty good. I hear it's Timmies old recipe which makes sense cause they've dropped off in quality big time.

you could just make vanilla Quik or some shit they sell at USA supermarkets

Saying you don't want acid fruity cofee is like saying you are willingly seeking cat piss beer or disgusting vinegar red wine

the point of decent cofee is being sour and fruity

Most people don't understand the role of acidity or sugar in any beverage, coffee, wine, beer, etc. That's why you see retards boasting about how much they love "manly" beers like imperial stouts or how they would never dare let a Kabinett riesling touch their lips all the while talking up nasty shit like Apothic Red

That said, sumatran shitbeans have a well deserved reputation for their low acidity and cigarette butt taste, mostly due to a total lack of quality control

how money cups will 250g of beans make?

Does it only make 10-12 cups? I drink like 8 cups a day!

That depends on how you use it. A typical espresso probably uses around 8g of coffee, so around 30 coffees from 250g.

>A typical espresso probably uses around 8g of coffee
Tell me where you work so I can make sure not to go there

How much coffee would you suggest for a single shot?

Who actually pulls singles except for gross places like Au Bon Pain or Starbucks?

Im not sure what those places offer.

How much coffee would you suggest for a single shot though?

A single is just half a double, so 18g input gives you "two singles" if you prefer to think of it that way

So 9g?

Strange to suggest you wouldnt drink coffee where they use 'around 8g' but youre happy with 9g?

Suppose you've got a recipe that says bake this bread at 425 for 50 minutes.

You can't just say "oh well I'm gonna bake it at 850 for 25 minutes".

Single baskets just aren't conducive to consistently good results.

Ok lad. Why cant you do that with coffee?

My gay coffee friend said the optimal water:grounds ratio is

> 11:1 for espresso
> 15:1 for drip

is he right?

You can, just don't expect any kind of consistency

>15 pumps
christ

Why would it be inconsistent?

dont forget the additional crbrl top

kek

Not really sure, I would speculate that it's because the odd shape of the filter basket makes it more sensitive to tamping pressure, but that's just a guess

There's also the fact that a grind that works at any given humidity and room temperature will work for that particular machine, coffee, and basket. So you need to run two grinders if you're pulling both singles and doubles in parallel - why bother?

what about pour over?

>NOT fruity or acidic
Kill yourself pleb.

But seriously I prefer fruity coffees so I go for african light roasts. So conversely I assume you would want south american dark roasts.

for the best coffee, you must mix 2 brands together.

yes thanks, and very delicious too

youtube.com/watch?v=sM3cB0i6ZZU

I have a 2cup hario. is this 2 or one cup?

You want a Columbian medium roast.

What K-Cups do you guys buy?

Well my first pour over failed but I'm excited.

The thing is that it's $20AUD for 250g and I used 17g of beans for the coffee and it's not that strong.

Did anyone notice getting bad skin from having caffeine (due to its dehydrative properties)?

Why does my instant international roast taste better than my single origin etheopean beans pour over?

Probably do to the cold weather

bc ethiopia is a shithole

>brazil bourbon
Is this one good? I'm thinking of getting it

20 cups

ok

Made some of this in a french press. Fucking delicious.

Good coffee though.

You got good taste.

>wake up after a night of heavy drinking with close friends
>go out to diner
>everyone orders brekky and the bottomless coffee
>everyone slowly wakes up while eating breakfast
>waitress keeps bringing coffee, everyone's had like 3 cups by now
>plates are emptied and everyone just talks with each other for hours about anything and everything, all over cup after cup of free coffee

Fuck me boys, is there a comfier or more quintessentially American experience in life?

sevenseeds.com.au/collections/espresso what's the difference between the espresso beans and the filter beans?

For the love of god, just pull Lavazza Oro and make an Americano.