Pynchon

>The auctioneer cleared his throat. Oedipa settled back, to await The Crying Of Lot 49.

OH COME ON!

seriously though, did Tristero actually exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe

Yes

If you care you didn't understand the novel

It doesn't matter

Elaborate.

You got cucked by paranoia

DUDE
PARANOIA
LMAO

Literally just finished this book yesterday OP. I don't think it mattered whether or not it did exist, you know the old journey more important than destination bullshit.

Gonna read V next though, thats all I know for sure

That's the water, kid

Nah, this is the worst interpretation of Pynchon. So many academic boomers will shill this "He's satirizing paranoia, as the west no longer believes in meta-narratives, rightfully, paranoia emerges as the dying grasp of meaning."

Nah, Pynchon actually believes in conspiracies. Yes, Trystero absolutely does exist. Research Thurn & Taxis. The rabbit hole runs deep.

The point of the abrupt ending isn't to say it doesn't matter or it's ambivalent, but it's about the author necessary silence.

>the author necessary silence.
I don't really care if Pynchon believed in conspiracies, or if Trystero is based off of a real conspiracy; the point of the novel is that the existence or nonexistence of these things don't matter, it's all more or less a joke anyways.

I don't really think your quotation is correct, especially given that GR is more or less all about those same meta narratives (i.e. Providence). I don't think you agree with it, I just that that I would establish my thoughts on it as you saw fit to establish yours.

I just finished Vineland today. After reflecting on it awhile, I find it to be very underrated. The last few chapters were fantastic.

my english professor summed it up nicely.
"embrace your paranoia"

dude, i was lying in bed listening to a random mp3 out of journey to the end of the night and he pulls this shit! he's like for a bum getting kicked out of every place is just a journey to the end of the night or someshit, i was like this book is rad but did he seriously just pull that

He nailed the light bulb conspiracy thing. The man does his research

trol

I stopped reading right when he did this shit.

Whole thing was fantastic imo, but I could have done without the Vond encounter near the end. It seemed really rushed. But then, maybe that was the point.

ha

just finished this any detailed examinations of it online or in print?

Just read this thread:
warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543

I thought the point of it was to troll the reader the same way Oedipa was getting trolled by her paranoia over the conspiracy. She will never get an answer, just as the reader won't ever get an answer (and even gets a slap in the face in the form of a title drop).

Is this valid?

"And Slothrop settled back, only now glimpsing the true extent of a little arch-in-the-sky I like to call...Gravity's Rainbow."
Wtf Pynchon?

Jesus Christ, really?

>mason & dixon went to the shop.

are you fucking serious pynchon?

>the point of the novel is that the existence or nonexistence of these things don't matter, it's all more or less a joke anyways.

But if you do your research you'd realize it's true. I can understand someone reading CoL 49 and thinking "lol you can no nuffin, it doesn't matter anyway" but if you read Gravity's Rainbow and come away with that impression, you're illiterate.

Like I said, you can start by researching Thurn & Taxis, and psychological experiments in the 60s that took place in california. Enjoy!