Stirner's views on property do little more than justify petty theft. If I had a time machine...

Stirner's views on property do little more than justify petty theft. If I had a time machine, I'd use it just to rob Max of his milk shop

Real life already did that for you. I'd tell you to steal his wife but he was infamously a cuckold in reality too

>Stirner's philosophy was just an excuse for teenagers to be edgy
What else is new?

I want to go back in time and make stirner my sexual subordinate

Yes, and it'd be Stirner's fault for not being able to defend his milk shop.

You aren't disproving his point.

I know, I was only being facetious.
I'm just curious how committed Stirner was to his 'might is right' view on property.
Obviously he wasn't writing to set up a republic, he was writing for the individual. But say everyone subscribed to Stirner's ideal, where everyone acts only in their own self-interest, and takes whatever they want, wouldn't there be absolute chaos and blood in the streets? Surely he can't be OK with that, his contention lies with the State, he has sympathy for the Subjected

>Stirner's views on property do little more than justify petty theft.

So?

So it's a rather juvenile philosophy

And?

Stirner's views on property do little more than justify petty theft, which is rather juvenile, and I can't understand how you guys could adore/espouse this guy.
There's no way of practicing his philosophy, spooks have no practical use, the only action you could take with Stirner's philosophy is to steal.
>inb4 And?
And so I don't understand why there's a movement to revive Stirner from the clutches of forgotten history. It seems best to leave him behind

And?

> his contention lies with the State, he has sympathy for the Subjected

I do agree with elements of Stirner's egoism, but I don't think it can reasonably exist at-scale while "read-as-written". There would need to be sacrifices to that ideology.

He's effectively espousing a form of anarchy, which (for reasons I won't get into here) is unlikely to exist peacefully, although it is technically possible and there is historical precedent for it.

A paragraph from pic related:
"A society invokes morality most vehemently in the sphere of crime and punishment. Stirner's anarchic rejection of social definitions of good and evil is a logical extension of his egoist thesis. What is particularly striking is his opposition to petty theft. He does not accept the liberal attitude that crime degrades the 'humanity' in man (again hte meaningless abstraction). The petty thief is too little an egoist, for he values an object for its prestige in another's eyes, rather than for its direct utility to him. He is the most pathetic victim of society because he accepts its morality and its property valuations: they excite in him socially legitimized aspirations which he cannot satisfy without breaking other laws."

>fault

>implying thieves steal things just because another person finds the things valuable
>implying thieves don't steal things for direct utility

You're thinking of Moses Hess

Nah they were both cucks

I don't remember reading that Stirner was a cuck. Got a source?

Imagine writing an entire book when you are so full of shit and braindead as this. People are hilarious.

good critique

>expecting lengthy critique of blatant nonsense
>on Veeky Forums on top of that
lol retard

And your point is?

>the only action you could take with Stirner's philosophy is to steal.

t. never read Stirner

How tragic that you could read one of the greatest works on authenticity and the hypocrisy of the communists and liberals and only gain such a myopic understanding.

I am currently reading Ego and its own.
I dont understand where all this memes and
>opinions
come from. The book is sincere.
The guyvstudied Theology, and a lot of his texts are not quotes in the totalitarian sense but remind odlf sermons.

Btw. In Hellas we had a saying about Anarchy.
Anarchy is like playing the roullete.
You put all your money on black and red and zero comes and takes it all from you.

Same user.
What happens here is the same that happens in most cases.

Unrespectfull, inexperienced insincere little know-it-all's trying to force themselves into everyone.

Pic rel, quoting Aesopos

>stirner's views are specifically about property and theft even though those views are just resulted from core ideas which are in turn quite malleable and able to justify basically anything
You dismiss him from a minor surface island, as opposed to the core. Hence the "and?" from the other poster. You should elaborate and get to the heart of the matter.

I'm not him, but why would there be absolute chaos and bloodshed? Is the average Joe's natural inclination necessarily destructive?

only liberals believe in property

>wouldn't there be absolute chaos and blood in the streets? Surely he can't be OK with that

"Let us choose another convenient example. I see how men are fretted in dark superstition by a swarm of ghosts. If to the extent of my powers I let a bit of daylight fall in on the nocturnal spookery, is it perchance because love to you inspires this in me? Do I write out of love to men? No, I write because I want to procure for my thoughts an existence in the world; and, even if I foresaw that these thoughts would deprive you of your rest and your peace, even if I saw the bloodiest wars and the fall of many generations springing up from this seed of thought — I would nevertheless scatter it. Do with it what you will and can, that is your affair and does not trouble me. You will perhaps have only trouble, combat, and death from it, very few will draw joy from it. If your weal lay at my heart, I should act as the church did in withholding the Bible from the laity, or Christian governments, which make it a sacred duty for themselves to “protect the common people from bad books.”"

>if we don't have private property we'll live in total chaos and life will be terrible
This level of spookness has reached a corporeal form and is now an undead lich

Milkshop my ass.
I grew up in a bar-brothel-restaurant district in Athens and most bars had a milk shop license. The bloke got fed up with all the wankers and wanted to open his own bussiness with his m8s.

I would be a casual in based Max's bar.

>Is the average Joe's natural inclination necessarily destructive?

Yes
t. Freud

I am understanding ego and it's own as the ultimate self-employment manifesto.

Athens, Georgia or Athens, Grecia?

Αθήνα, Ελλάδα.

>where everyone acts only in their own self-interest, and takes whatever they want, wouldn't there be absolute chaos and blood in the streets
imblying violence and bloodshed lie within one's self-interest. They don't. Violence is actually detrimental to anyone involved in it, I know a ghetto-tier drug dealer (you know, real gangster shit and all) who told me he doesn't want to get into fights anymore because he noticed it doesn't make him happy. So y'all see, chaos and bloodshed and acting in one's self-interest are two diametrically opposed things.
I WISH people were pursuing their self-interests.

It's weird that you guys use the accusative case for Hellas when you speak. Do you ever say Ἡ 'Ελλας?

t. ancient greek student

Έλλας is more oldskool and as a word more basic.
Ελλάδα is more like the country of Hellenes.
Imagine being a country of 10mil in a planet of 7bil.
From Turkey to China they call us Yunan because of the Ionian tribe the Persians met and from Italy to Japan they call us Greece because of Romans.

It is not so important but it tends to make an identity crisis.

Ellas is used more as a street quote than formal use.

But yes, we use it.

It's weird when you say it, because here in Norway we call your country Hellas, but the people Greeks.

It does make your brain tired.

hvis du vil sporre meg noe, våpen.

How is life in Greece these days? Haven't been there in like 10 years.

I cannot be objective because I have my own problems.
But bussinesses are reopening, old wounds are closing and things become more correct I guess...

Borgmesteren passerte.

Right. Well godspeed user. Wish you all the best.

Tusen takk, Νord, hahahaha!

>I dont understand where all this memes

A lot of it is just people trolling. A good deal also comes from people who base their knowledge of memes or shitposts.

>Btw. In Hellas we had a saying about Anarchy.
Anarchy is like playing the roullete.
You put all your money on black and red and zero comes and takes it all from you.

Thats nice quote thanks for sharing it.

goddammit

You know what?
It is one thing to create a Meme knowing what you are talking about, and another to produce and reproduce bullshit.

The earth is round, throw shit and it will come back to hit you persay.

people who interpret stirner as a materialist, or politically in any way, are missing the point

I don't get it

Lurk more five years ago

They can be in one's self interests, since self interests are subjectively defined by individuals themselves

Anything other than the material is probably a spook tbqhwyf

>Anything other than the material is probably a spook tbqhwyf
no

>Stirner's views on property do little more than justify petty theft
Truly a philosophy that's more relevant than ever, given most people's views on piracy these days.

>They can be in one's self interests, since self interests are subjectively defined by individuals themselves
Well okay, but you get my point

But people think it is in their self interest.

And the people that think, irrationally, that hurting others pointlessly is in their self interest, tend to be a fair bit stronger or at least well armed then those who might find themselves having to defend themselves from them.

I really wish Veeky Forums would read Stirner. He's been a meme long enough that you would have thought at least a handful of people would have read his work.

Stirner wasn't a real philosopher, so his opinions don't actually matter.

>I should act as the church did in withholding the Bible from the laity, or Christian governments, which make it a sacred duty for themselves to “protect the common people from bad books."
What is his issue with obscurantism?

Just came back home from a friend's house; he let me borrow his copy of The Ego and His Own

Stirner is a joke: an extremely unintelligent mind.

t. Marx

Yes

>let me borrow

Spook

Nigga just take the book lmao like wtf are you SPOOKED out of your mind haha