R8 my steak Veeky Forums

R8 my steak Veeky Forums

Sear looks good. How's the inside?

Pls no bully. The smoke alarm went off and I had to deal with that before the whole apartment buildings alarm went off.

And I know it's a shitty plate.

pro tip: if you can't disable or remove your smoke alarm, tie a grocery bag around it.

God I fucking despise apartment smoke alarms.

>dat keyboard
Brother! I liked my old one better but it broke and I can't remember the name.
They are fucking ridiculous. I've lived several places and you can't even gently bake without those fuckers going off. I'm pretty sure a candle 15 feet away would do it. I always disable the little satans.

It's all good, I could. I just unplugged it and took the battery out until the smoke cleared then plugged it back in and tested it. Of all the times I've cooled steak this is the first it's ever gone off.

mine is three feet (laterally speaking) from my range, it's ridiculous

>also have that keyboard
>right shift key no longer works

Unless it connected to a larger system, which I've only seen in one very expensive unit, then just disconnect it and remove the battery.

If you have a dead battery of the same type, substitute so you're not legally responsible on the off-hand something actually happen.

Looks like a near perfect Medium, exactly how I like my steak.

Hope medium is what you were shooting for.

Did you salt and pepper that steak before or after!?

looks like you didn't fuck it up

It looks nicely cooked, but zero seasoning? Where's the salt and pepper.

Why are people saying that's medium? It's medium rare at most

because that's about as picture-perfect medium as medium gets, user

That looks great

good shit, OP

>It's medium rare at most
Might wanna get your eyes checked buddy. That is clearly pink with no red

Where do you guys go to buy your steaks? I either just pick them up at Publix or Whole Foods Market but the damn things are so small and half the time they're under an inch thick but when it's at Publix the damn butchers are never at the window so I can ask for a thicker cut.

Very nice, OP.

Steak looks good but where's the sides? Did you salt or pepper the steak? Best I can give is 5/10.

Mine is right near my stove. Pisses me the fuck off.

no red band.

It was salt and peppered before. Then I sprinkled coarse kosher salt right before I ate it. The sides (mashed potatoes and broccoli) are on another plate because they didn't fit with the steak on one plate.

It is medium-rare, it looked redder in person. I can be certain because I cooked it sous vide so I can be certain what temperature it was (124 F for 1 hour)

wow. the first decent cook on Veeky Forums. this place is going to hell.

Use Paula Dean's house seasoning recipe (salt, pepper, and garlic powder) to launch that steak like a trebuchet over the castle wall into the bone zone.

I did that in effect. Coarse kosher salt and fresh coarse ground peppercorn, then butter basted with a halved clove of garlic in the butter. Probably isn't as strong in flavor as using garlic powder though

Will it make you shout the n word?