How does Veeky Forums like their homemade fries? preboild then fried? out of the oven?

How does Veeky Forums like their homemade fries? preboild then fried? out of the oven?
I like to make them raw, you have to fry them a bit longer but the taste is worth it. Its much more flavourful because there is no extra water absorption involved. Sometimes I like to add spices too such as paprika powder and curry.

Where I live we have a lot of potato farms and somewhere in autumn or even winter they collect all the potatoes, the machines usually miss quite a bunch of potatoes and you are free to collect those. You get these large, big ass fresh potatoes that you rarely find in stores (and if you do theyre usually expensive) and they make the best fries

>preboiled potatoes
Never tried it but sounds interesting

Cut some potatoes into large cut fries, deep from them for 7 minutes, salt and cover them with pic related.

You don't pre-boil. You double fry. Low temp, rest. High temp then salt.

I like mine deep fried with a little bit of salt and tomatoe sauce. Simple but hits the spot.

it gives them softer, more starchy inside. Some people love it, I personally dont.

lard or oil? Oil seems to be the standard these days but I mustve mid I do enjoy some old school lard frying at times. Ofcourse its not a healthy choice but thats fine with me if you dont do it often

Where do you live user? The farms close to my city aren’t open to the public and the farmer’s markets are crap.

Triple fried in beef fat.

rural western europe
Every farm Ive ever seen here is open to everyone although some farmers dont take kindly to people walking around on their farms obviously
we have a major thing with asparagus thiefs

I guess in southern america farms might be guarded or something but afaik its common here to have them right beside towns and
Are you from burgerland?

Extremely underrated to fry in fat but its the best taste imo

Moved to burgerland from leafland. Our farmer’s markets are an absolute joke. It’s identical produce you find at walmart.

Peeled or unpeeled?

Double fried. There is no other method.

Soak in water, change water multiple times, rinse, dry well, fry once lightly, freeze, fry again.

it irks be when brands/businesses, especially american ones present their starting date like its supposed to give you the feeling of authenticity/going back generations when its not old at all.

>best barbeque since 1993!
>"grampa" opened this restaurant in 1953...!

i guess its just because where im from old shit is real old shit. the other ones you dont mention the year
i also understand that its relative because "european"american only had so much time in existance, and there really isnt anything made by the europeans there that is old.

Pre-fry on a lower temperature, then fry again at a very high temp to crisp.

Not op, but unpeeled. Why would you get rid of the most nutritious and crispiest part of the potato?

Those look real good OP. I also fry mine raw. I started making my own fries last year. I can't eat the frozen shit anymore.

par-boil then double fry
makes them crisp but melts in your mouth

In Belgium we fry then 2. Once on low heat for a while so the patato is "cooked". And let them rest on paper towels and when the rest of your dinner is ready you pop em back in on high temperature en fry to your liking.

Quads of obvious shit, thanks Belgium.

Im making homefries again tonight. They taste awesome and I love my spice combo pic related. They're so awesomely crispy too.

retard

soaked in salt water, then cooked, but so that they have some firmness remaining. then you let em dry, deep fry them at rly low temp, put them out again. wait for them to cool, put them in the freezer, wait for them to become frozen. as soon as they're ready get your deep frier to close to max temp, slightly flour your potatoes and then deep fry them until they acieve perfect coloration. season with paprika and salt. VOI fucking LA, the patrician way to do it

t. Heston

my fucking nigga

>Peeled, uniformly cut, washed until water runs clear
>par boil
>cool in cold running water
>when dry par fry at low to medium heat in deep fryer for few minutes
>keep refrigerated until needed for final fry at high temp for good tasty crispy chips, lashings of tea, and 3 cheers for the Queen.

Forgot to add for real chips, fry in beef dripping, anything else is faggot territory.

I coat my fries in a super thin batter with just salt so they get the browning and crunch right when they're at the point of being perfectly done, without all the double frying parboiling fucking around. Call the cops I don't give a fuck

>Cut potatoes skin on
>Soak in salt water
>Microwave for 3 minutes when I'm about to use them, patting them dry beforehand
>Fry until golden
>Season with cayenne, paprika, garlic power, pepper, a pinch of sugar, and salt
>Cover in chili, jalapenos, and pepperjack cheese

My great aunt passed away recently and I inherited one of those presto french fry cutters with the wires n sheet. I will get a deep fryer some day but until then I've been trying to perfect the oven fries because they're convenient. I usually rinse the potatoes then run them through the cutter and give them a soak. Then I drain the water and dry them on a bed of paper towels. Last, I put them in a bowl and add maybe 1 TBSP veggie oil for each potato and give them a stir to coat. I put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake them at 425 F till they're done, which IIRC is about 40 mins. Then I throw down some old bay and eat with malt vinegar. If any of you lads have advice regarding oven fries I'm all ears.

>If any of you lads have advice regarding oven fries I'm all ears.
my advice is don't bother. They're really not good enough to justify eating a bowl full of carbs.

Do you think your great aunt continues to feel pain and loss after death? What about the need to breathe? Imagine that... just suffocating in the cold dark forever as you rot.

Anyway, best of luck with the fries!

full pan fry, 20 mins lid on to get the center cooked, then remove it max flame to make the crust, works everytime, perfect crispy