Best ways to cook those little pieces of shit?

Best ways to cook those little pieces of shit?

Butter garlic salt and caraway

in water, preferably

With bacon

>water
Flyover

>bacon
Well obviously. Thats like saying "cook by applying heat" haha
Bacon's a good idea though...or roasting in bacon drippings.

i like to cut them in half, boil them, then fry them with diced bacon or pancetta and season with garlic and black pepper. i know everyone says "if u cook anything with bacon itll make it better xD" but it seems especially true with brussel sprouts for some reason, maybe cause they have a pretty earthy taste but they retain their consistency.

anyways, ya, boil them and fry them with diced bacon and garlic and add black pepper. delicious!

Parboiled, shredded, sauteed

steamed then add lemon or vinegar and salt

This is correct. I detest the ubiquitous bacon trend(seriously, I went to a seafood restaurant a year or two ago and a disturbing number of dishes included bacon), but sautéed Brussel sprouts in rendered bacon fat is very good.

This user gets it

Halving and blanching are key. Apart from the usual suspects like butter, bacon, garlic, splash of wine, I find a touch of sweetness goes a long way, like maybe a bit of honey or maple syrup. Parmesan goes really well.

>the ubiquitous bacon trend
Still being mad at bacon when peak bacon was about a decade ago makes you look pathetic.

halve, cut a quarter inch into the tough bottom stem part (optional), toss in melted duck fat or bacon trimmings, salt, tons of black pepper, optional garlic powder

roast at 400F for about 20min, toss maybe halfway through
keep an eye on it, some pieces can go really brown, but if they burn it'll be bitter (it's fine if a few do)

they're my favorite veggie when done like this

Yep I’m fuming mad

this. roasted is the best for sprouts. I like them tossed in olive oil + s&p before the roast and then some lemon zest after.

I like to mix together some oil, balsamic and honey, toss some halved sprouts in it, season, 20min @ 425F, flip halfway through.

thanks niggas, I've always loved them, but sauteed them. I think roasting should be a lot better, not sure why I never thought of it, cheers.

If you go the extra mile and strip the first layer off it cuts the bitterness down a lot.

Call me fat but I like them gratineed (no bacon though)

I steam them a bit first, then saute them in garlic, olive oil, and spicesc. That way you get the nice, crisp and greasy outside and a tender inaide.

pancetta and garlic

Wash, cut in half
Fill a bag with oil, a little lemon juice, and chili powder
Put halved brussels in bag and shake to coak
Put brussels cut-side down in a baking tray and bake at 350 until the tops are crispy
Serve with mayo

based Wegman's

roast with EVOO, S&P + seasoning at 425 until done

Caramelized with cranberries and bacon

This but with a little bit of butter.

Boil until ale to mash with fork, add butter when done
Wa la

bacon and fish sauce

the best brussels sprouts I've ever had were deep fried

blanched, then sauteed with apple, red onion and almonds

>blanched
Flyover

pffft gay

Hey, that's what i was gonna say.

I roast mine longer, toss several times, mix with red wine, garlic, paprika, butter and sunflower oil. Gorgonzola goes great with it.

Weggos is mommy

Adding to the suggestion to ROAST THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS in the oven. I'll have sprouts served any way, but this is (in my experience) the very best.

But what I will recommend in distinction is that you prepare a flavored oil first. All you gotta do is get some larger/whole dried herbs and garlic in some hot oil. Pour the oil through a strainer once the garlic starts to brown, don't want any burnt stuff on the 'sprouts. Apply salt and pepper, maybe a little finely grated Parmesan afterward. Turns out straight up heavenly.

Brown sugar and butter. Thank me later.

Fry them and toss with a dressing of fish sauce, sambal and sorgum syrup

NO you fat fuck stop stuffing your face with butter and sugar

Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and then roast them.

Tiny bit of butter, bacon and chestnuts

>someone has different tastes
>BLYDOBER!
Could you possibly be any more churlish and insecure?

I tend to half and roast them with olive oil and balsamic reduction but simply steaming them and adding some salt and pepper will do in a pinch.

My relatives like to eat them in a horrible mess of cheese and butter so thick that you cannot taste the sprouts at all. They also like to eat carrots this way. They are also all like 60lbs overweight.

any way. these are delicious. if you want something on the Veeky Forums side of things you can cook them and bake them with some potatos and a bechamel while topping it with cheese, of course.

Toss in oil, salt, pepper, bake in oven at 400F for about an hour

>cooking shit the most bland way possible
Flyover.

To answer OP, bake with maple syrup and bacon bits.

DC metro actually, I just think you're a faggot

i spray a mixing bowl of them with crisco spray, and toss with salt and pepper, then just bake them in a casserole dish at 400 for 25 minutes.

Just boil some salted water and toss 'em in for about an hour. Soft tasty greens

Not the same person as the other guy who called you a flyover. In that case you just have shit taste.

had some grilled with teriyaki sauce at a bar. winning recipe.

>flyover claims coasties are insecure while digging out the 5th grade vocabulary words and using them wrong to prove intelligence

seconding this, we roast with some garlic-infused olive oil, add maybe some more garlic, lemon juice, salt pepper and parmesan and they're the best.

feel free to roast them till they get a little blackened too.

try putting them in the microwave for half an hour instead

>be in flyover west jeebusville
>use the term churlish irl
>get shot for usin' dem dagblasted furriner words

Cut ends off and cut in half, clean off loose leaves. Preheat oven to 350 and get a half sized pan ready. Toss half sprouts in a cap full of apple cider vin (or balsamic or any kind of vin)a few dabs of oil, a few pinches of salt and pepper and place cut side down. Roast the shit out of them and enjoy. A lot of people are saying bacon, pork is a good call, probably the best protein to add, but a little chicken fat could work too

it's a place in your mind not a place on earth.

i can't actually believe people would boil these delicious little rascals, my god...

Boiled, steamed or baked, it's all good, a flavour and texture to each.

I just buy the microwave steamable bags from ALDIS and dip them in hummus. Works well with my soyburgers & salsa.

Brussel Sprouts actually taste pretty good raw; not as nice as if you'd have roasted or pan-fried them well, but it's a good healthy filling snack when you're lazy and want to binge.

I thought those were tide pods at first.