Books that don't deserve their success

Books that don't deserve their success

Literally anything by John Green.

SUNSET

This one was not that bad, at least for me, it's about swapping some gods for other ones, it's what's happening nowadays with Christianism and Islam in what we call the Western world
I dropped this book, Kvothe is just OP for the sake of being OP and he can overcome anything because he's just fucking OP, he can eat shit, honestly

Not sure if this is still required reading from most A Level students. Either way it's an absolute shit heap.

>american
dropped

Everything by Gaiman actually.

Anything by Murakami

It's funny you say that, I'm taking an online course on American literature and under the "lectures" tab my professor posts a series of youtube videos of John Green discussing America's origins.

It's a moderately okay series but the fanbase has became so insufferable because of the TV.

I'm going to say anything by JK Rowling, Stephen King or Murakami.

Oh good question. I just assumed it was popular because americans learning french could read it. Is it legitimately popular?

>Murakami
Pure contrarianism.

Anything James Patterson. Emphatically. He says he used to be an ad man but I say he never left.

never read the book and never seen this text, but i think this is ready player one

Is this Ready Player One?

>Tfw I actually enjoyed the hell out of this book and it was not for nostalgia.

The worst part is the "uh, God does not exist cause I learned on the internet" tho

>Implying is not a masterpiece

Damn contrarians.

Well, it's popular here in Latin America.

You ask someone what it's their favorite book and it's probably they tell you is The Little Prince.

>it's about swapping some gods for other ones

This would've been worth something if Gaiman chose modern religions instead of "fucking kids on their smartphones and tvs!"

Gaiman's heart is in the right place even if he doesn't quite have the skill to match his high ideas. He wants to be the Angloid Gene Wolfe but he doesn't quite have the humanities learning/experience to really cut to the core of something like Wolfe can. Also as a writer he's just okay, all that time spent working in comic-books probably hamstrung his ability a fair bit.

The thing he tried to do with symbols was a neat idea, but I don't think it quite worked. Might have needed some of Wolfe's subtlety.

This book is probably one of the biggest reasons why I have so little faith in regular people.