Is home-made hot sauce a thing people do? Why do you do it? How? Is it worth the effort?

Is home-made hot sauce a thing people do? Why do you do it? How? Is it worth the effort?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodfood.com.au/recipes/chilli-sauce-recipe-20170808-gxrfoh
zadovoljna.dnevnik.hr/clanak/kralj-zimnice-domaci-recept-za-najbolji-makedonski-ajvar---397864.html
youtube.com/watch?v=y9SFsCfxJy0).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty good. Mostly as a way to use up excess chilis for me.

never done murican sauces, but asian style is easy af.

goodfood.com.au/recipes/chilli-sauce-recipe-20170808-gxrfoh

That's a good start, would suggest some crushed fennel seeds in with the initial mix. The main pain in the arse is sterilising everything if you're planning on bottling large batches. Apologies for the serious answer if you were trying to force you 'vark meme again.

if you live in a shithole where you can't find shit yes, it's worth

Macedonian ajvar, fuck everything else. Google translate this, bitches:
zadovoljna.dnevnik.hr/clanak/kralj-zimnice-domaci-recept-za-najbolji-makedonski-ajvar---397864.html

There are a few regulars on Veeky Forums that do fermented hot sauce.

>Why do you do it
Because I can spice it the way I want.

>How?
By pouring hot oil on a mix of chili flakes and spices.

>Is it worth the effort?
Yes, since it's cheaper and tailored to suit my tastes.

that ain't hot sauce nigga that's chili oil

Chili oil and hot sauce are different things.

Yes, and?
You make hot sauce for the same reasons. The only difference is that hot sauce is slightly more expensive and takes longer to make.

No

PROS:
It is inexpensive and easy to do.
You can control what is in it and the effect is has on heat level, tang, seasoning, flavor profile from onions/garlic/fruit/veg etc.
Absolutely worth it to create something yourself and have it just how you like it.
It lasts as long as store bought.

CONS if not an idiot:
None.

i came here to post about this. ajvar is godly.

>It is inexpensive and easy to do.
wrong

its neither easy or inexpensive

In addition, I'll add if you have even 1 or 2 bushes you'll get far more peppers than you could ever cook with it so it's a great food preservation technique.

I made a batch of sriracha one, followed Pailin's recipe (youtube.com/watch?v=y9SFsCfxJy0). Turned out great, just make sure you clean all the utensils used in the process properly.

8/10 would do again, the sauce had great flavour and spice for two weeks in the refrigerator. After that it began to lose it's flavour and got a bit sour or something, but who cares. Eat that shit in under two weeks and you'll be fine.

p.s. I'd love to suck Pai's feet.

You are joking right. It is extremely easy. I would call it inexpensive but I don't know how much money everyone else makes so that is debatable.

>it's not easy to put some peppers and salty water in a jar
>peppers are expensive

>Macedonian
no such thing

pay denbts

retarded

Considering I like this product, does anyone have any beginner tips? Other than have an ambulance near by while you go high on adrenaline?

>why make a cheeseburger at home if there is mcdonalds