FUCKING HEAR ME OUT

Ok, so hear me the fuck out. Suppose that the solipsist theory is correct, that is, the World is only in one's imagination (The World does not exist beyond one's mind.). That would inevitably mean that concepts like Love and Trust, etc. would be impossible. That is because, since other people are only imaginable, that is, not real beyond your own imagination, then the love that you feel or have for others is part only of your imagination, and there is no contact or love or anything between two human beings, you are basically just loving a part of yourself and nothing more, which makes the idea of love between two human beings impossible. Am I fucking right, folks?

Fucking bump this shit.

not literature. Fuck off

humans are so conceded they believe they are smart enough to imagine a whole unique universe, move onto a different theory

>what if everything is only your imagination
>is love only your imagination too?
Is this some elaborate bait or are you somewhat dim?

>not literature. Fuck off

Implying that this board was made only for literature

>humans are so conceded they believe they are smart enough to imagine a whole unique universe, move onto a different theory

Solipsism is plausible from an epistemological point of view

>is love only your imagination too?

M8, fucking think about it. If you can say that there is an analytical proposition like love (whose characteristic is that of there being a contact between two human beings), that can be proven through a posteriori and thus be made to a synthetic proposition. That same proposition could be proven infactual if you were to accept the solipsist theory. Even its analythical properties would be a fallacy considering the possibility of the impossibility of the existence of anyone else. (Supposing the solipsist theory is correct).

>then the love that you feel or have for others is part only of your imagination
But it is, even if you don't believe in solipsism.

considering the impossibility of the existence*

>>then the love that you feel or have for others is part only of your imagination
>But it is, even if you don't believe in solipsism.

What do you mean user?

Bumpitty bump

delicious

What is delicious user?

What you feelz for the other person is just a product of your imagination, even if the other person is real. It is no a real world object that can be examined, it just inside your mind.
Also wtf even is love, the biological need to breed and protect your genetic descendants?

the grl

Well, I started out supposing Love as an analytical proposition, that is, love is the attachment of two human beings one for another and that's it. (Just like the proposition, bachelors are unmarried, you don't need to go out around looking for bachelors to be unmarried to disprove this proposition. It is in the ESSENCE of being a bachelor to be unmarried). So, in the same way, it is in the ESSENCE of the prop of Love that there be two human beings. But my question is: If the solipsist theory is correct, would that mean that even an analytical a priori proposition is false, even disconsidering all a posteriori facts? (Thus rendering all knowledge (at least of love or human relations) false even in the analytical view of propositions?)

I mean there are tons of things about the world that you don't know in depth. You can imagine complexity without imagining the underlying mechanisms.

>Yeah, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't ponder on the underlying mechanisms. Philosophy so far has been only about that. You can and SHOULD ponder on the underlying mechanisms of the World even when you don't know every complexity there is on the university, you fucking dipshit.

>M8, fucking think about it.
>i know some words but don't understand what they mean: the post

I dunno, I could start to argue you out of your conclusion

Literally the most embarrassing post I have ever seen here and that's a really high bar to surpass. I honestly think this is advanced meta-ironic shiteposting. Good job because you fucking got me

Who are you quoting

Anyway I'm suggesting that from the solipsist view the complexities of the world only appear when you observe them.

You imagine the world is composed of atoms and only when you study further and observe its components do electrons etc come to be.

excuse me this board is for all types of pseudo-intellectualism.

>conceded
You're right, I don't think I could have imagined such a blatantly obvious pseud by myself.

lol child

Nice looking for the first pic you found on google m8.

Yes your analytical proposition, would be impossible if the solipsist theory is correct.
>love is attachment between to humanz
But only if you assume as part of your proposition, the idea that those two humanz need to have a consciousness in order to love (in a solipsist world other humans are just automatons).

>(in a solipsist world other humans are just automatons).

Oh ok. So basically the thing that I got wrong was that I started out assuming that there is a need for these loving humans to be conscious (which they are not). But even though they are unconscious, these humans still have this "connection" between them that constitutes love. So the proposition still is true even though they are unconscious (philosophical zombies).

Did I get that right?

Love is not unique to human beings and not necessarily shared. If you define it as a relation of a subject towards another subject or object, then everything stands.

Yes you are correct OP. This is the cause of projection. Are you implying love is not real? It is, as folie a deux.

Yep user

unironically this

Also in a solipsist universe, everything would be the creation of your own unconscious, so love would be either between two parts of your unconsciousness or you consciousness and uncosciousness.
So user in any case you would be fucking your self.

>Am I fucking right, folks?
No
This board is for literature, not your college-freshman-smoking-weed-for-the-first-time horseshit
Solipsism means literally everything is imaginary, the fact that you blew your own mind by realizing that included the concept of love just means you're retarded

>not your college-freshman-smoking-weed-for-the-first-time horseshit
>proceeds to demonstrate "baby read two paragraphs in simple english wikipedia" summary of solipsism
>doesn't even understand that OP's question is about a particular logical chain and not solipsism iself
This board is not for edgy underage retards. Get out.

>guys if solipsism is real it doesn't just apply to some things it applies to all things
What a mind-blowing chain of logic, I hope some department head is browsing Veeky Forums ready to give this man tenure immediately

STIRNER
T
I
R
N
E
R

He asked whether a concept of love would be impossible at all in a solipsistic universe, not whether love would be "imaginary", you hopeless brainlet. Read the thread and try to use that grey goo in your skull instead of churning out /b/-tier underage replies.

No you fucking idiot. Even in solipsist world's, the analytical propositions (like "a bachelor is unmarried" stay the regardless of the solipsist state. But what I'm arguing right here is that, in a way, since people don't actually exist outside of your mind (from a solipsist POV) then even analytical propositions can be discarded when including other subjects since they are, in effect, just an extension of yourself (for they are a part of your imagination)

>This board is not for edgy underage retards
lol

The fists, clenched and denying, before her sex - the mouth agape, tongue welcoming, as an substitute to her forbidden fruit, so delicious...

>her

a-and? user, i...

>Not liking traps

Get out, newfag

YOU ARE ALL MY TULPA WAIFUS

if solipsism is true then how do you expect this reply to be anything but a reflection of yourself?

I don't.

then why did you bother asking for my opinion?
i don't care, you don't think i exist so i know you won't value my inpout at all
i don't have pateince for solipsists, i never should have posted itt

>asking for my opinion?
Nobody even gave you permission to enter the thread, let alone asked for your ramblings, retarded tripshit.
>i never should have posted itt
Correct. Now fuck off and kys yourself while you're at it.

But user, I do value your opinion, but only insofar as you are a reflection of my mind, because outside of that, you don't exist. But even though you don't exist anywhere else other than my computer screen, I still enjoy reading your posts. :)

>Nobody even gave you permission to enter the thread
OP egins
>FUCKING HEAR ME OUT
so you're clearly gay
>COrrect
glad we agree that solipsism isn't worth the time wasted discussing it
your mind is only a reflection of the absolute mind, 'you' are a figment, 'you' have your existence in another.

Never seen such a stupid post in my life. Pls kys.

suicide is a sin

I wonder what kind of person would make this post

I love you xoxo, now shut up

we do imagine a whole universe, that isn't what's controversial. we create the world we live in during perception. the stimuli we interact with can be outside us, but their nature is unclear and differentiation from the endogenous stuff may not be possible. why couldnt it be solipsism

For what the solipsists say is quite correct. Only it cannot be said, but only shown.

I'm fucking gay

Are you only realizing this now, OP?

If solipsism is real then the only love that would exist is a self-love which would be a real, extant thing, to you, because you are all that is, including the love that exists, does not exist, and that you want to exist.

Alright, so love is only an illusion of something happening between two human beings and in actually a concept that exists only in your mind.
What else exists only in your mind? Oh right, the entire world.

What does my sarcasm tell you? That your idea brings up nothing new whatsoever.
>suppose everything is only in your mind
>then love is also only in your mind!

Bravo

You applied solipsism to one part but not to the whole idea again.
If you have love as being something between two people, and then add solipsism making everything only exist in your mind, then love doesn't stop existing, its definition changes to "between two people, in your mind"
That lack of other people which love requires is where you're wrong. Other people still exist, in your mind.

>/b/-tier underage replies
Ah yes "am I fucking right folks" like he's being cheered on in an auditorium is definitely the kind of mature dialog this anime imageboard demands
>no no in solipsistic worlds analytical propositions still exist
>but I'm arguing that because solipsism means that they're in your head they're actually not real
Yeah, this is a non-point. That's what I was trying to express in the post you just replied to. I'm not confused about it, I'm telling you it's fucking obvious when you first learn what solipsism refers to.

Solipsism and Nihilism aren't actual beliefs

You just use them to pull reductio ad absurdum on your opponents

It's weird that a board filled with philosophy posts doesn't have a single person who knows anything about philosophy.

funny....... but also; true

Stop being a materialist.

read schopenhauer