What was the oldest game known too humans?

What was the oldest game known too humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamecabinet.com/history/Ur.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hide the sausage

Rap

dnd apparently

banter you fookin wanker

Running and wrestling,

Hunting

War.

The Game

>fugg, man

>mfw

jokes on you, I already lost.

What is the game? What are the rules? How do I win?

>Mfw this is actually the most logical answer

>how do I win?
Too late.

There are three commonly reported rules to The Game:[1][2][3][4]

Everyone in the world is playing The Game. (Sometimes narrowed to: "Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game", or alternatively, "You are always playing The Game.") A person cannot choose to not play The Game; it does not require consent to play and one can never stop playing.
Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
Losses must be announced. This can be verbally, with a phrase such as "I just lost The Game", or in any other way: for example, via Facebook. Some people may have signals or expressions that remind others of The Game.

It's weird how long it took to invent tabletop role-playing games.

Probably something like tag or hide-and-seek, since those require no equipment, have very simple rules and do somewhat emulate the hunter-gatherer livestyle.

Those are basically a very advanced form of pretend play, which is also old as fuck.

The Royal Game of Ur is one of if not the oldest

1) make some holes
2) take many things small and sort of round
3) Throw in some rules about filling the holes with the things
4) You have created the first game ever
It is still played in Africa, I can't remember its name though

b-ball nigga

I just looked it. It's called "mancala games", a family of games with the same basic mechanics but different rules based upon the location

War/genocide.

Yugioh, the ancient Egyptians used magical tablets of stone to battle each other.

Not gonna look up the name ( on the phone walking) but look up all those Chinese board games, my bet would be one of those. Also next time, you can use Google.

Motherfucker.
You just broke a no losses streak years long.

Existentialism: The Game

stealing

The only winning move is not to play.

no mans sky

true
they also found the same kinds of carvings in atlantis and believe that's where the game actually originated

Chop busted fella

made my day

Cave explorer

Hunting

Tell me more user

It's some kind of race game. People have tried to figure out the rules but we don't really know.
gamecabinet.com/history/Ur.html

Tag

>

"Of the games people play, string figures enjoy the reputation of being the most widespread form of amusement in the world: more cultures are familiar with string figures than with any other game. Over 2,000 individual patterns have been recorded worldwide since 1888, when anthropologist Franz Boas first described a pair of Eskimo string figures (Boas 1888a, 1888b, Abraham 1988:12)."[6] String figures are probably one of humanity's oldest games,[citation needed] and is spread among an astonishing variety of cultures, even ones as unrelated as Europeans and the Dayaks of Indonesia; Alfred Wallace who, while traveling in Borneo in the 1800s, thought of amusing the Dayak youths with a novel game with string, was in turn very surprised when they proved to be familiar with it, and showed him some figures and transitions that he hadn't previously seen.[7][8] The anthropologist Louis Leakey has also attributed string figure knowledge with saving his life[9] and described his use of this game in the early 1900s to obtain the cooperation of Sub-Saharan African tribes otherwise unfamiliar with, and suspicious of, Europeans,[7] having been told by his teacher A.C. Haddon, "You can travel anywhere with a smile and a piece of string."[9]

FUG

cave explorer

Life sim

Mancala actually is the first game I have ever played. I thought everyone knew about it

Indus valley board

Kinda similar to the Minoan board game (1600 bc)

What's life like in a third world country?

Egyptian baord game (Senet)

>What was the oldest game known too humans?
/this, /this, and also
Keep Away
Catch
Rock, Ball or Spear Throwing (distance or target practice)

Don't these predate humans?

The pussy game, my friend

Yeah. Dogs and wolves play-fight, so other animals likely do to.

If we're talking about games that are exclusive to humans, I suppose is probably right. Animals howl at each other but aren't capable of complex jokes.

It's either that or one of the board games mentioned already.

>What was the oldest game known too humans?
fighting/play fighting

Did you? I have never heard anybody who knew it, and I just got to know it thanks to a conference

pickaboo?

Different user but California is nice. I resented Mancala growing up because the adults were too into it.