How did cultural Marxism take root and spread?

How did cultural Marxism take root and spread?

>inb4 HURRDURR IT DUN EXIST

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_hegemony
desuarchive.org/_/search/subject/Let's Read: Victoria/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By Je- I mean by Communists!

t. average "alt-right" mainstream spokesman

It doesn't exist dumbass. Actually read some of their works and not /pol/-tier conspiracy theory edgelords and memes.

"Cultural Marxism" is just a buzz word used by retards to talk shit about things they don't like and has nothing to do with actual Marxism. Although there has been some people who tried to apply Marxism to culture they are mostly unimportant.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cultural Marxism Real Hahahaha Goyim Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Goyim Close Your Eyes

>2016
>Still talking about gamergate

What a pleb.

Assuming you're talking about cultural relativism/self-hating whites, guilty whites needed to find a way to reconcile their ultimate ideal of equality with discrepancies that arose in the real world in terms of crime, achievement etc., and so began blaming the dominant white culture in Europe/USA for the various failures of minority communities in those regions, as if it wasn't society's fault then it had to arise from those communities themselves, which would make the idea that 'all humans are exactly equal in every single way' something of a shaky proposition. So in order to achieve the vision of equality, they began dismantling "white power structures", "white supremacist structures" and so forth while at the same time promoting minority-only programs to grant them advantages such as scholarships or government jobs in order to make things work out on paper so they can continue believing in equality. Hence we have the current status quo, a bunch of white people who think that they and other white people are evil because minorities aren't performing well in white societies, leading to self-hatred, alienation from white society and a certain fetishization of minority culture and peoples, which naturally results in a preference for minority immigration, calls for "affirmative action", constantly railing against any aspect of society which includes underperforming minorities and so forth. If the ideal of 'we're all absolutely equal' didn't exist, none of this would happen.

The end.

Jews

>>>/leftypol/
Even libcucks like Sargon acknowledge cultural marxism

Right on time.

Wow I'm sorry for being so uncool, which Twitter celebrity should I be following to stay on the frontlines of the cultural war?

Well start by not getting your information from Slate and Jezebel.

Maybe you should stop reading those, then you wouldn't be so concerned about petty non-issues? I mean I stopped bitching about Fox News when I turned 16.

Fall of the Soviet Union, Marcuse, Laclau, Alinsky

>Maybe you should stop reading those
I don't read Slate nor do I read Jezebel.

>then you wouldn't be so concerned about petty non-issues?
What non-issues are you talking about?

I don't know, whatever nonsense you and the SJWs are obsessing over now that Gamergate is passé. I heard about something Elevatorgate, or is that too old again?

The obsessing comes from the SJW crowd, I am merely noticing it (and getting attacked for noticing it).

No fucking idea what elevatorgate is, I'm guessing another SJW tantrum.

Elevator gate was that one famous new age feminist, Rebecca Watson, who was in an elevator with another man and the man made a pass at her i.e. invited her for coffee, she said no and that was that, and she blew it up into this whole rape culture, male entitlement, 'stop sexualizing me' thing.

>I am merely noticing it (and getting attacked for noticing it)
Did you really expect that you could chide people for posting a picture not referencing the "correct" (fashionable in the current year) social media drama and not to be ridiculed for it? Where do you fit on the autism spectrum?

Memes aside, don't the leftyfags have a point?

The term "cultural Marxism" does seem kind of forced? Like a fusion of all the things that harm Western society today, even thought they have very different origins.
Yeah, The Frankfurt school may have been influential, but I doubt, it created all of this.

Many cultural Marxists are globalist capitalists anyway, who don't give a shit about anything leftist or social.

A 24th century Akkadian emperor acknowledged cultural marxism?

>Western academia, media and politics have been subverted by the Cultural Marxists, which wa-
>ALLOW ME TO INTERJECT FOR A MOMENT. I, AS A MARXIST, CAN ASSURE YOU THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CULTULAR MARXISM, IT'S JUST A /POL/ MEME
>Well, there are a lot of people engaging in culture wars and identitarian nonsense among the modern leftists
>THAT'S BECAUSE MODERN LEFTISTS ARE NOT REALLY LEFTISTS OR MARXISTS, THEY ARE 100% BOURGEOISE
>Well how do you reconcile with the fact that things like cultural hegemony theory (Gramsci), feminism (Goldman, Luxemburg), critical theory (Horkheimer, Adorno) originate in Marxist / Communist thought?
>YOU'RE MISENTERPRETING THEM. HAVE YOU EVEN READ [insert the most obscure fringe Marxist philosopher one can think of]? THOUGHT SO! CLEARLY I'M TALKING TO AN UNEDUCATED RETARD
>I'm sorry, but I can't really read every single Marxist scholar that ever existed.
>READ MARX THEN !!!
>Even Marx himself advocated the abolishment of race, religion and gender in order to unite the proletariat and focus solely on class struggle. Cultural Marxists adhere to this, hence why they first want to attack the culture they view as monolithic and hegemonic, in order to mock and invalidate it.
>YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND MARX AND MARXIAN THOUGHT
>Explain it to me then
>I CAN'T REALLY LET MY INTELLECTUAL, ENLIGHTENED MARXIST SELF BE BOTHERED WITH INCOHORENT RAMBLINGS OF AN IGNORANT PEASANT WHO CLEARLY ISN'T EVEN INTERESTED IN UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX TEXTUAL ANALYSIS. GO BACK TO /POL/, MODS PLEASE DO SOMETHING

Every debate with a Marxist, ever.

Yes, that's how obvious it is.

Like many cancerous things, the main origin is that egalitarianism was taken seriously. In fact this is the only thing that relates it to Marxism in a loose way. Otherwise the term is bizarre.

give me a good marxist writer who writes in favor of safe spaces, a trot i know wanted marxist writings on sace spaces but no one could find any

pic related it's real cultural marxism

by being correct

Wow I wonder why half of the threads on Veeky Forums are all about bashing le spooky marxism. Maybe it's because right wing disinformation agents/shills. Because it's not possible for this many people to be this retarded this consistently. It's nice to see that the red scare is still alive and well, because it paints big target signs on the idiots that are scheduled to be sent to le spooky gulag.

You're all useful idiots. If you're not gonna kill yourselves (which you should), at least kill each other. And I mean literally.

idk, I've always understood the term 'Cultural Marxism' to just mean culture aligned along marxist terms, i.e. the dominant culture being the 'bourgeoisie' with the minority cultures being the proles, and all the accompanying dynamics.

>Marx advocated the "abolishment of race, religion and gender" in order to unite the proletariat and focus solely on class struggle
>therefore leftists endlessly fighting over identitarian labels and genders, defending Islam and movements like Black Lives Matter are Cultural Marxists
whew

>五毛党已经成立了一个国际分公司

太进步了,赞赞赞赞

So it just refers to the dominant culture of the time?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_hegemony

The reason they're attacking only the white, heterosexual, Christian and masculine currents is because they view them as hegemonic and dominant and thus hindering the true revolutionary thought.

Dominant culture in any given society, but I'm no expert, that's just my interpretation.

>Wie geht's
>Dutch

I see you've never had people attempt to patronize you by showing what little they know about your ethnic group.

>implying there is a single thing wrong with that picture

>le cultural Marxism Boogeyman

Have I stumbled into /pol/ by mistake?

as expected

The stupidity is that you're not supposed to attack "the white, heterosexual, Christian and masculine currents" in themselves but because they perpetuate the status quo and convey bourgeois values favoring the reproduction of capitalism.

The idea that whites are keeping the black man down is hindering true revolutionary thought
The idea that blacks got cheated out of their chance to become good little cogs in the capitalist economy is hindering true revolutionary thought
The idea that the police (whose main function is defending private property) need to be less brutal when they put down colored people is hindering true revolutionary thought
The idea that people crossing their legs or not on a subway is more important than literally any other thing is hindering true revolutionary thought
and so on

For that matter, the idea that homosexuals should have the right to get married and adopt children so they can fulfill the same role as heterosexual couples is hindering true revolutionary thought as well.

Yes

Can't they, like, attack capitalists period?

It's like what Marx said in the Manifesto, except that instead of going for the means of productions they go for the workers:
>They direct their attacks not against the bourgeois conditions of production, but against the instruments of production themselves; they destroy imported wares that compete with their labour, they smash to pieces machinery, they set factories ablaze, they seek to restore by force the vanished status of the workman of the Middle Ages.
But no, burn some more cars and shoot proles that happen to wear a uniform, while you give capitalists views for the latest news, that's real class consciousness.

Into Marcuse's New World of Happiness it goes

already posted this in re: a similar thread on Veeky Forums, but

Adorno and the Frankfurt Boys were right in their critique of the culture of consumerism, but the fallout from the superstructural stratification of the objects of Marxist critique has been disastrous for the international labor movement, for whom the retreat of Marxism into the ivory tower, and the redirection of its energies to bourgeois cultural productions, seems less an attempt at "demystification" and more high-fallootin' snobbery and so much political betrayal. Hence the conspiracies you read about "cultural Marxists" have a kernel of truth buried underneath layers (and layers) of ideological nonsense: Marxism of culture is politically neutered from the standpoint of the working class, and absolutely feeds into the prevailing neoliberal ideology, when not tempered by a relentless critique of its own preoccupations. Today it often isn't, especially in the wake of the assimilation of Foucauldian notions of critique which, in part, I think due to an Oedipal repression of the importance of Althusserian structuralism to the formation of Foucault's understanding of power, openly disavow any relation to Marxism seeing it as so much "economism" and therefore racist or sexist, according to whichever identitarian pet cause puts the jelly in your donut.

William Lind please fucking go. Even /pol/ thinks your shitty novel went too far.

That's the thing. They realized that just agitating the proles to attack capitalism won't do, as the proles tend to be generally conservative and very conscious of their race, gender and culture.

>proles should revolt against the capitalists
>but the proles instead take pride in being white males and base their entire identity on it
>the "oppressor class" (capitalists) are largely white, male and heterosexual
>therefore we must attack and invalidate whiteness, gender roles and heterosexuality so the workers will be free of these spooks and finally launch a revolution

This is the reason why Cultural Marxists don't attack things like radical feminists or black nationalism, it's because they don't see them being a part of the cultural hegemony.

I see someone else was listening in on /k/'s story time.

>just agitating the proles to attack capitalism won't do
Why? It's the only thing that is supposed to be done. You want capitalism gone, you start with the top of the food chain.

>but the proles instead take pride in being white males and base their entire identity on it
That's the stupidest, spookiest conspiracy theory I've ever heard

>the "oppressor class" (capitalists) are largely white, male and heterosexual
So why are they anti-white, anti-male, anti-het, but not antisemites again?

>they don't see them being a part of the cultural hegemony
Laclau is crystal clear about this, they have no intention of combating the idea of hegemony, they want to create a new one

Which they did, just look at American academy and mass media. It's a hegemony, and they like it.

I read it on the archive. The man is absolutely nuts, and not in a good way. I was legitimately disgusted at times.

>Can't they, like, attack capitalists period?
Well, the point of the cultural hegemony theory is that the reason people aren't revolting already is because the bourgeois superculture brainwashed them.
This is probably even more true now than in Gramsci's time. Modern leftists congratulate themselves over gay marriage "victories" and the only thing missing in their utopia are the "oppressed" (underused human resources) joining the majority in working together to increase profits (which is really just switching strategies, like deciding to develop your colony because simple resource extraction is no longer profitable.)
Of course the right-wing is twice as vile, so...

>superculture
*superstructure, shit

>the reason people aren't revolting already is because the bourgeois superculture brainwashed them
Indeed, the bourgeois superstructure and its ever-strengthening mass media and academic hegemony is the one spreading this faux leftist nonsense to prevent people from revolting.

Your point?

We agree, so I don't see what else to add.

>cultural marxism

Is neither a cultural phenomenon nor has anything to do with marxism.

Frankfurt School

The point is that that process has nothing to do with Marxism, and is merely the appropriation of its lowest hanging, and therefore most easily digestible fruit for the plumping up (by way of multiculturalism) of the petit-bourgeois.

> Proles base their entire identity on being white, male, and heterosexual

Man, have you ever even been to the country side? Country fold may be conservative to a fault, and explicit racism may abound, but I can promise you that their identity has more to do with their families, their churches, their jobs, and their hobbies than standing as a bulwark against minorities.

> Therefore we must attack and invalidate whiteness, gender roles and heterosexuality

And that's why, even once you do this, those same country people will still not embrace your economic revolution. You haven't freed them from delusions of racial or sexual division. You've missed the point entirely, and they will still want nothing to do with your revolution.

Good post.

But user, light rail.

Seriously though, fucker's insane. I can see why he used a pen name for writing about burning apostates at the stake and pogroms on educators.

I'd kill to go back in time, tell Marx what the fruits of his work have been like, and watch him rip his hair and beard off in frustration as I have him read Kolakowski and Arond.

Laclau and the Encyclopedia of Diversity and Social Justice call it neo-marxism, and it has everything to do with marxism because if it wasn't for The German Ideology and Das Kapital we wouldn't be here, cry more my dear orthodox marxists

> The reason people aren't revolting already is because the bourgeois superculture brainwashed them.

Gentlemen, have you considered that the working classes may not be the unwashed, huddled dupes your posts have painted them as?

Maybe they are distinctly aware, by proxy of doing a lot of unpleasant labor, that they are getting a bum deal, economically speaking. Maybe they also have an inkling of the human and economic cost to overthrow our liberal capitalist society for a system that may or may not result in an improved standard of living?

And that this, rather than whatever opiate of the masses you would prefer, is the reason for a lack of support for economic revolution?

>You're either orthodox or revisionist

sorry man, but i don't have to subscribe to one particularly popular form of marxism in order to be considered "not orthodox." the claim that identity politics have nothing to do with marxism is obviously polemical—one can very easily trace the genealogy of these ideas. that doesn't mean they are the best, only, or "correct" form of marxism, what ever that might be.

So people can know what we're talking about, here:

desuarchive.org/_/search/subject/Let's Read: Victoria/

Gaze into the madness that inhabits the mind of one of the men who came up with the phrase "cultural marxism". Come for over 100 intellectuals being literally put to the sword for thoughtcrime, stay for black people voting themselves to be lynched and moved back onto the plantations.