Why is Austrian history and empire so underrated?

Why is Austrian history and empire so underrated?

It seems like they got overshadowed by Prussia in very late 19th century then Germany in early 20 and completely dropped from view even though they were a main player in European geopolitics and protected Europe from Ottomans for centuries.

Here's a short summeary of Austrian history

Them being on the receiving end of height of Revolutionary France or Frederick the Great exactly because Austria was the foremost German power in Europe does not make them incompetent.

Their cavalry was famous and they could field competent armies that made them able to hold an empire bordered by PLC and Ottomans during their height while also challenging French position and they managed to expand into Balkans against Ottomans in Austria-Turkish war.

The interesting thing is that Germans were doing quite well during Hasburg hegemony fof hundreds of years
They didn't even have to go 70 years under a Prussian one to get almost fully genocided east of the Oder.((Here i am counting the start of the Prussian hegemony from the German unification wars))

Why did Prussian military aristocracy hate Germans?

As soon as Prussia in a flash of brilliance of Bismarck got control of other German states they repeatedly run them to the ground and got Austria entangled in it and dismantled too.

It's only underrated on meme boards like Veeky Forums, because anonymous posting allows butthurt serbs and illiterate americans to spam shit nonstop.

Just take a look at this retard posting the Karansebes meme that isn't even rooted in actual history: May as well post Star Wars "history" and act like it's real.

Because Prussia, people masturbate to Prussian army and their military music, yet I would say Austria has done so much for music and culture, yet they aren't recognized.

>protected Europe from Ottomans for centuries
*protected themselves from the Ottomans

fix'd

this is fabricated

>Karansebes
>there are people who think this shit actually happened

Why is Veeky Forums full of uneducated people?

Samefag

Epic, you can use paint to remove two "(You)"
Bravo nolan

>cellphone
>paint

Retard

>bravo nolan

Why are /tv/ats always the biggest imbeciles of Veeky Forums

But I'm from /pol/

Sure you are.

>protected Europe from Ottomans for centuries

They basically wanted peace with the Turks and until the 1700 resorted to snatch away and incorporate the rests of the kingdoms that had actually fought the Turks and failed (hungarians, croatians) as a result of the Franco-Ottoman alliance. After 1700 they settled things with the Ottomans and didn't move a finger to liberate the balkans from ottoman rule.

>snatch away and incorporate the rests of the kingdoms that had actually fought the Turks and failed
you mean liberating countries de iure ruled by Habsburgs. And there were several Austro-Ottoman wars in 18th century.

why you even bother with trolls?

The eternal Austrian is just as perfidious and just as evil as the eternal perfidious Albion.
They're just more incompetent.
>can't beat Serbia
>can't beat fucking Italy
>roflstomped by prussia
>roflstomped by russia
>can't defend without polish help, turns around and stabs poland in the back
>can't defend, uses croats, serbs and hungarians as meat shield
>can't even handle it's own ethnic rebellions without russian help, stabs russia in the back
>can't beat prussia without russian help
>drags german states into self destructive conflicts 3 times

What self destructive conflicts are you thinking about?

I can't find the meme in my folders, but it's 30 years war, WW1 and WW2 (since Hitler was born in Austria).

>Thirty years war
Would say that was about as much France's fault as it was Austria's. Mostly the pope being a corrupted cunt.

>ww1
Germany ((Prussia)) turned a local conflict into a world war by drawing France, the UK and the USA into it.

>ww2
Prussia yet again. Pic related

Stupid and bad at war i mean they cant even use the us in balkan as a meat shield properly

>I can't find the meme in my folders

This one?

Yup, that's the one