Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121127094111.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vikings wernt a nation though

its like pinning the California national guard against some LA street gang

yes, we know that

Yes, they were uneffective on sieges.

Oh, is that why they still have immense genetic markers on modern Europe, bankrupted much of the continent, and why we're speaking a Norse based language? They sucked so much at warfare that France ceded huge territories to them

>English
>Norse based
English is west Germanic.

>english
>norse based language

Having a lot of norse words doesnt make it a norse based language you ignorant faggot. Kys

Not according to the latest research

sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121127094111.htm

kill yourself my man

>some random literally who Norwegian makes a claim
>BRUH IT'S SCANDINAVIAN
Based retard user.

Anyway, literally all A C T U A L linguists will agree that England falls under West Germanic

>Norwegian scientist
>The same people that gave Obama the peace price

It's a solid theory, but either way, you cant deny that English has a much closer affinity with North Germanic languages

Wtf I hate daily threads now

It isn't.
And it has a much closer affinity to West Germanic and even French

Did you even read the article?

>THEY WERENT TOUGH?! WELL THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ALL OF THEIR HIT AND RUN RAPE ATTACKS HMMM?!
fuck off
>Bankrupt
It isn't hard to bankrupt a couple of homeless serfs, lol.
>Norse language
But the grammatical structure is largely unique and its just as much as Germanic, in fact in terms of syntax its more Middle-German mixed with Latin.
Modern Norwegian is not old Norse.
Word ordering is different and words are extremely different.
English is maybe 30% Norse (being generous) the rest being Latin and Middle Germanic with some Brythonic and Frankish here and there.
Actually lots of Frankish or French-Latin.
>Ceded huge territories
A small coastline in bumfuck nowhere being use at a human "buffer zone" is not ceding a huge swath of land....

I did, and it's absolute retardation.

The Vikings were there for a century if I'm being generous, that's not enough to influence a language enough for it to change a language group

Not him but
>we believe old english simply died out

More like the vikings learned it incompletely and dumbed it down

>California national guard
>California
>national guard

>They sucked so much at warfare that France ceded huge territories to them

Do you really want to put that on the table?
Pic related is the battle in which the Normans "won" Normandy
The truth is the French king was about to kick them out after their defeat, but suddenly he thought it was a better idea to use them as free troops to protect his coast from other vikings
So he offered to give them a swamp (which wasnt huge in any way) in exchange for protecting the coast under the conditions they became christian
So much for your epic conquering warriors...

Did he compare modern English to medieval German or just the modern variant?
I really think English is rather grammatically similar to old German.
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

How the fuck could they lose despite having such huge numerical advantage?

Opposing army wasnt made of monks and unarmed peasants

Anyone who got that battle graph where they got defeated by a few hundred Irishmen?

bump

Sounds exactly like what Africans and Arabs are doing to Europe RIGHT NOW.

kys snownigger.

>having to bump your bait thread

Lmao that is pathetic

>implying I am OP

>he posts memes about pop history
>every day
>forever

Is this supposed to be like those "MAMA MIA, post-rock is a shitty genre" threads on /mu/?

>if i don't like it, it's (insert buzzword here)

Norwegian and Dutch are two of the closest languages to english mate. Category 1 languages for english speakers to learn.

During the viking age, a man from norway could walk the streets of london and be understood when he spoke

Is Veeky Forums really your only source of history?

Let me ask you a question. Do you think these people who got attacked by the vikings would be as inclined to write down defeats as they were writing down triumphs?

Its not like the vikings wrote shit down, so we cannot find any material to cross reference. Which could lead one to say that defeats might have been under reported on a small or large scale.

Which leads me in turn to be very careful with using sources from people who had a direct incentive to discredit the vikings.

>norse
>based

Any sources at all? And how do you define the viking age?

Good things vikings themselves in their sagas mention being rekt in fact they made up Ulf the Quarrelsome and called him the greatest champion of irish army to make the whole thing look more dramatic.

Nice circular logic

yeah because they were manlets

inb4 their warriors were taller than the average viking, lanklets just don't want to admit that manlets were warriors too

Look mom I posted it again!

>Oh, is that why they still have immense genetic markers on modern Europe
because they WERE mighty warriors, when compared against all the villages and towns that they raped and pillaged their way through constantly
>bankrupted much of the continent
Truly it takes a mighty warrior to rob unarmed people and run away before the army shows up
>and why we're speaking a Norse based language?
what the fuck are you talking about, if you're going to call english norse based you could just as easily call it germanic or latin based too.
>They sucked so much at warfare that France ceded huge territories to them
because they were so god damn irritating to deal with, the king gave them the land they were constantly raiding because he was sick of having to constantly organize armies to get them to go away.

Scandis have always been cucks, in the past they had to attack the vulnerable to survive.

>lmao he kisses migrant's feet what a cuck!
>proudly admitting that you got rekt by cucks
Y I K E S

well, we saw you all starting to worship some Jew from Palestine, so we through you'd enjoy some big viking cock raping
what can we say?

[snownigging intensifies]

>not knowing that every state has a national guard

No the federal government has national guards in every state. The national guard is not part of the state government, it's part of the federal/NATIONAL government.

>h, is that why they still have immense genetic markers on modern Europe, bankrupted much of the continent, and why we're speaking a Norse based language? They sucked so much at warfare that France ceded huge territories to them

Normandy is a tiny duchy, and France ceded territory to stop the raid, not because they were powerful, if they powerful they would conquered France.

>h, is that why they still have immense genetic markers on modern Europe, bankrupted much of the continent, and why we're speaking a Norse based language? They sucked so much at warfare that France ceded huge territories to them

Normandy is a tiny duchy, and France ceded territory to stop the raid, not because they were powerful, if they were powerful they would have conquered France.

And yet, each state has headquarters and internally manages their stations

>my son is black

The national guard is federally funded and under the authority of the federal government. It is not a state institution.

844 first raid on Spain and Portugal

>first time we get so far in the south
>take and loot Gijon
>easy but no money there let's follow
>take Coruña
>more fun and some money
>oh shit Christian King Ramiro I chimps out
>the moorkiller crush us badly
>leave quick but left behind the loot
>ridiculous back home
>whatdonow
>let's try more south in muslim lands