QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.
last thread is almost maxed out

Is it okay to go to the gym after taking some pain killers?

When doing OHP are your elbows supposed to go straight up in line with your forearms, or is it ok if they go out a bit?

When bench pressing, your shoulder blades should be pulled back, right? this way your back is arched. I lose this posture after the first or second rep, why? how to fix this?

should i consider ingesting salt tablets if i'm only getting around 1200mg of sodium daily from my food? I find that i'm thirsty and can't retain water well and i think its cause of a sodium deficiency, are there dangers of having too much sodium from the tablets?

Will eating fruit while cutting hurt me in anyway as I approach lower and lower bf percentages?

>not limiting your fructose intake while cutting
>making it

>Creatine
>On a cut

Worth it? I'm usually in lectures for an hour so I can deal with all the extra pissing from having a full bladder 24/7.

How much weight do you think this high quality industrial grade bench can support while inclined?

How can I tell if an aching back is just sore muscles or something more serious because of bad form?

ON or NutraBio brotein? ON has soy and other shit in it, while NutraBio is cleaner but pricier.

Who makes the best foam roller for the best price?

It's always worth it unless you mind the bloat.

Is Greyskull LP the SS of the upper body? aka is it good or not?

I'm debating between it and a 6 day PPL split but frankly the commitment on PPL is intimidating, but on the other hand, Greyskull looks a little bare bones, but has everything I like except for maybe rows. I'm a beginner lifter with quitting issues, have never stayed actively in the gym for longer than a few months at a time. What's better for me?

So, why is it multi vitamins don't work?

What's the science behind it? Why can't I just take a multi everyday and be fine?

Low absorption rate? Why would I absorb vitamins from vegetables better?

How do you power clean? There are always people standing in the way

any point in doing pushups and pull ups every morning if your already lifting 5x a week and are natty?

whats better, few pull ups with no support or many pull ups with rubberband?

am i suposed to count the weight in kilos or lbs when i count in lbs it sounds heavyer and more impressive but the weights are in kilos

Was 76kg skinnyfat 2 weeks ago starting bulking and greyskull. About how long and how much weight should i gain before starting to cut(if that's what im supposed to do)?

>So, why is it multi vitamins don't work?
we don't know if they work or not, that's the problem. we probably won't know for a very long time because the potential effects are small and take decades to show up. it's just a nightmare to study.

What's a good snack to keep in my desk during work? I have a busy schedule, so I tend to eat lunch fairly late. I was thinking a big bag of nuts, but those are harder to keep track of for >muh calorie tracking autism, or protein bars, but it's hard to find decent ones that aren't full of sugar

help

be 19
120lbs
can i build muscles with calisthenics only and look like pic related

its not that they don't work per se.

fatsoluble vitamins tend to last in the system when accumulated vs water soluble ones that piss out

the folks that make the vitamin just say "well this is the upper limit so we'll put much less than that to be harmful"

which is fine if you're covering your bases
(especially at a caloric deficit)

but then they'll just put a bunch of water soluble cause it wont do harm as well.

>deez

you'll be fine without so much sodium
IOM suggests 1500mg of salt per day

the minimum required per day is 500 without excessive lost from sweat and urine

I've been doing Greyskull for about three months, after doing SS on and off for a little over a year. I will say that not squatting every workout my squat weight went way up over what I was at doing SS. I like that Greyskull has a base program and encourages you to add to it depending on your goals, so adding rows should be no problem. As a final thought, deloading on Greyskull does not feel like a failure and something that has to be slogged through, as every time you still can try and beat your last set rep max. I've enjoyed Greyskull so much more than SS.

I can now bench/squat 40KG for 20 reps at a time, is it time to join a gym and start using heavier weights?

How could I expect my progress on SL to be if I'm coming from 4 months of doing a retarded 4x/week split?
The split yielded pretty good visual progress, but marginal strength increase.

>40KG
yes

and please refrain from ever going 20 rep again

I fucking hate bench with a passion. If all I care about is looks can I just ditch it and use one (or two) of the billion chest machines out there which seem to work so much better for chest anyways?

When you feel like it. Do whatever makes you stick with it. Personally? I'd lean/slow bulk at a 500 cal surplus daily for a year, then take it from there.

Snapped my lower back and took 2 weeks for a rest. Dropped squat from 100kg to 80kg for reps. Is it safe to add 5 kg per workout day?

What do you guys snack on during a cut?
I feel like I'm eating too much fruit because of the convenience/lack of knowledge.

Is it possible to be pre-disposed genetically toward strength in certain muscle groups? Or is it just once you build that muscle group more than others, it's easier to get str levels back to higher quickly than ones you haven't trained on and off for years?

What do you guys do between sets?

Im doing a Marathon at the end of July, only 5km but Im not particularly fit when it comes to Cardio so how many times a week should I run the distance as a practice? Diet wont be an issue.

Hey fit I'm new to squatting. ~6month
Is it normal to grit your teeth when squatting heavy? I'm afraid I'll shatter my teeth or something

Contemplate life and its meaning

Yes. But It will be quicker with weights... Waaaaay quicker.

yes
genetic predisposed in one way would be the insertion/bone length

yes
you myelinate the nervous system first thing from gains and lose the nervous adaptation first when you start to go into "detrained" status

muscle hypertrophy will outlast the nervous adaptation that was lost

think about your mum

you can walk a marathon and still "finish"

a respectable time would be under 4. You should work on that as your goal.

I typically snack on roasted peanuts to hold me over between meals (Obviously in moderation due to their caloric density).

Broccoli too on occasion.

>muscle hypertrophy will outlast the nervous adaptation that was lost

That confirms my thesis

Just the bar

No

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

Shoulder blades should be pinched down and back as hard as possible to establish a solid platform that you can press off of (press yourself into the bench, don't just push the bar up)
Push your feet through the floor to maintain stable platform and arch on back, you should not be 'comfortable' when in a bench press position. Take time to get setup first

If you can afford the sugar and carbs, go for it

Pretty much impossible to tell
Manufacturer should provide details about max load

Post form checks
How long lifting?
Soreness should be local (not moving around) and more of a dull ache than pain. Temporarily eased by a light stretch

Stop asking this
Make up your own fucking mind, just consider macros, ingredients and quality of ingredients (i.e. no heavy metals)

YMMV on different websites and products
But the best foam roller for the price is one you make yourself from PVC

No. But it is good.
I started by reading SS and then doing it.

If your 'gym' doesn't have a platform or space to allow cleans safely, maybe you should find a gym that does

Not really, unless you just want to get better at pushups and pullups

Depends on how many 'few' is
It's better for progression to have a little volume in
Have a scooby snack
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

Whatever your country/gym has the weights in

Whatever the fuck you want
It's best, as a beginner, to exhaust linear progression

Do you want a bunch of calories? Nuts
No calories? Salad/vegetables

You will still make some linear progress that is stopped at a comparable level to others who have similar controlled variables as you (technique, diet, sleep, genes, etc)

Use DBs
Do incline
Do dips instead

You probably hate it because you suck at it

Do you shit on that bench or something?

Can I effectively cut on one meal a day?

Any Greyskull pdfs floating around?

Yes, if the weight moves well.
Won't be sustainable forever though

Yes

Record progress
Crossword puzzles
Look at butts
Listen to books/music

You should try to relax your mouth

Couch 2 5k
Google it

Bump

IIFYM
See intermittent fasting

What exactly do you need?
What is stopping you from googling 'greyskull pdf'?

>bumping after 6 mins
Not gonna make it like this

As long as your macros are in order, why not?

Yes, there are some advocate for this method (aka intermitent fasting). Depends on your willpower though. Plus you still have to consume all your cals in one big meal.

Why am I drinking this black again?

Should I do as many curls as Greyskull LP says to? I could not care less about curls, plenty of compound lifts help with biceps.

whats a scoop?

what things should I use to measure scoops of my protein powder?

Protein Powder almost always comes with a scoop

Do bodybuilders do cardio? Like, did Arnold ever hit the treadmill?

What's the difference between whey and iso protein?

I some ON Gold Standard double chocolate whey and I dont think it came with a scoop. Could it have sunk to the bottom of the tub?

> Could it have sunk to the bottom of the tub?
Yes. Just dig around. It's in there.

If dubs I don't row tonight. If singleton, I'll row anyway. Unless 22 then fuck it.

How can Zyzz be real if our gains aren't even real?

Every other workout? Why not?
You don't have to do anything, but there's nothing wrong with curling every 3-4 days

ON gives a scoop, so yes.

>insert cycling joke here
Probably some in their cutting phase, but it's not really necessary because they have their diet in check

You don't need to worry about anything beyond the macros and ingredients of protein powders
Consider iso vs whey to be a meme

get rowing faggot

Is there a reason to do any ab exercises? I know they don't burn much fat, and make you look fatter if you have a high bf %. But do they make your abs look better if they are already visible?

>will exercises make your muscles bigger
yes

Is it okay to do seated dumbbell OHP or should I rather do it with a barbell and standing?

Everyone: What's your go to ab exercise?

>that pic

get the fuck out of here

Deadlifts

weighted crunch

yes
plank all day erryday

Fuck you nigga
Thanks senpai

Do whatever you want
I'd do standing barbell until stall-deload-stall, then switch over to DBs until stall, then switch back over

Ab wheel and leg raises

Yes it will look slightly larger and more defined than if you never focused on it, but the rectus abdominis is a muscle with very little potential for hypertrophy. You can essentially max out how large they can get within a couple months of weight training on them.

Adding on to this, will I see ab gains after about 4 months of 3x week ab training. By training I'm doing around 100 crunches (and increasing that number slowly on w orkout by workout basis) for 2-3 sets depending on how I feel

My right lat is significantly bigger than my left. What can I do to balance it out?

Fat covering it or muscle? Do you train your obliques specifically?

Is this what they meant by functional strength?

Instead of having a cheat day what does Veeky Forums think about having an uncalculated day? No counting of cals BUT not binging. A day where you eat 'naturally' but also logically. More or less eyeballing food.

Will DB flies help me improve my bench?

Why are my benches so weak? I've been lifting for merely a month and those are my stats:

Height: 168cm (5' 6")
Weight: 82 KG
Bench: 35 KG
Squat: 100 KG
Deadlift: 70 KG

I see people weaker than me lifting heavier weights doing bench press

You'll need DBs and anime genes as well.

Bodyweight is shit. Not bad, but not ideal.

Ronnie Coleman walks on a treadmill for an hour a day in the morning or something.
Arny liked to box for cardio, if I remember correctly.

It's important for general health, and I'd imagine even more so when you're injecting grams of exogenous hormones.

Normal whey is normal whey, and whey isolate is more tolerable for people who are lactose intolerant, contains no cholesterol and etc.

When doing stomach vacuums, is it normal to feel my nuts retract, or am I doing it wrong?

Is SL just as good as SS for a beginner? Also where do I do OHP if I can't clean it onto my shoulders, can I use a squat rack, or is that as bad as curling in it?

>Why am I weak?
>I've been lifting for a month
well there's your answer, faggit

>I see people weaker than me lifting heavier weights
then they're not weaker, faggit

No shit lad, but mine is particularly low compared to the other things I lift.

Awesome Vid! Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Deformed.

Are muscles muscles?
Yes. Train them, and they will look better.

Why do some power lifers not train biceps, but train calves? I know the Soleus plays a part as a synergist, but still. What's the harm in adding in some incline curls for biceps health or something? It only take a few minutes 1-2 times a week.

Maybe more fat than muscle I'd say.
And once a week if that

Wanna see how freaky and cancerous you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

It really doesn't matter after a month.

You may also not be doing the exercise properly, make sure that you aren't flexing that "don't pee" muscle. Focus on just sucking in. Imagine you are kirby or some shit.

The general consensus is that SL is shit.
Go with SS, GSLP, or Reg Parks.
Pressing in the squat rack if you don't have a power rack isn't a huge no-no.
Just remember to be considerate, and consider learning how to clean it up, so that you don't have to wait when someone is using the rack.

Is fishoil a meme or does it really help with muscle development?

Also, just wanted to say thanks Veeky Forums. Finally escaped obesity thanks to you faggots.

gj faggot
keep it up

You realise you can buy pure powdered salt, right?

put salt
on your food

>whey isolate is more tolerable for people who are lactose intolerant

whey gives me bad gas, have to take lactaid every time i drink it. i'll try the iso stuff next, thanks.

Thanks fucker
I will, I'm not stopping till I make it