QTDDTOT

So I'm about a month into my first cut and I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal. I've lost about 9 lbs but most of it was first week water weight.

My squat has gone down by 70 fucking pounds. All my other lifts have maintained. In fact, my deadlift went up. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I don't think my deficit is too severe based on my rate of weight loss so what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

zappos.com/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-core-hi-monochrome-black
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
corw.in/warmup/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the same boat as dis guy, except my lifts are improving (cept for OHP and Bench). My weight has maintained at like 270 for about 2 weeks now, despite trying to keep under 2k calories and lifting every other day.

My girlfriend has pain in her lower back, directly in the spine. She told me it started about an year ago when doing weighted abs. She had her spine checked by professionals but they said it was nothing, it still hurts everytime she tries to tilt her pelvis back (when you try to make your ass look big),and it also makes sound everytime she does ab exercises.
Any help? Any tips?

I'm in the market for a new pair of basic versatile every day shoes. I heard something about Chucks being good and economical for lifting for some reason or another.

zappos.com/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-core-hi-monochrome-black

I like these. Would it be a mistake to get them?

>Canvas-lined with lightly padded footbed for comfort.

If my goal is size am I wasting my time with low rep ranges (3-5)? Would I be better off aiming for 8-12 reps?

Is it safe to lift when you've got a cold?

My joints feel a bit weak/sore but I dunno if it'd actually impact much.

You should do both, for example

>3*5 bench
>3*10 dumbbell incline bench
Size is dependent on strength and volume. You won't get bigger without progressive overload and the best way to do that is heavy ass weights.

They're good for lifting because of the thin/hard sole, which also makes them shitty for lots of walking.

You'll be fine just be cautious

Any help?

I was just doing pull ups and got this strange sensation in my biceps. It felt like a ripping, or an electric shock in my muscle, but it wasn't painful at all. I've also noticed that flexing really hard can recreate the feeling sometimes.
What is it?

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

QUESTION;

does 3x5 mean 3 sets of 5 reps? also is this a solid routine for a skelly beginner who wants ottermode

it's fine, but you should deadlift as well. Or even better not start with a split and do something like ICF or Reg Parks instead. Yeah that's what 3x5 means

ok just one thing, when i do flat barbel bench presses i'm never sure if my form is 100% right because my chest doesn't feel sore afterwards unless i push it with my hand

the soreness thing probably isnt a problem, but do bench how rip teaches it here. You'll avoid injury and hit all the right muscles.
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
btw I'm proud of you for wanting otter and still training legs; you will get better results than all my retard friends

is it okay to work biceps two days back to back
Maybe even four days a week? I feel like they're lagging behind

Im not sure if i will be able to explain this that great but heres my question.

My left leg has a weird fat deposit, it is like a small bump that seems to block blood flow when i run or something, because when i run my lower leg (shin and foot) falls asleep after about 10 minutes, would the fat deposit shrink if i lost weight? it was never an issue before i gained about 30 pounds

no, what the fuck? Why would you hit one tiny muscle FOUR times a week? Just train them on 2-3 nonconsecutive days and add another curl variant if you're really concerned.

I am depressed as fuck. The only time I am happy is when I am at the gym.

How do I get a job at my local fitness center/gym so I don't have to leave?

How long should a typical gym visit be? I'm about to start a job with much longer hours than I have currently, and that will end right in time for the 9-5 evenning rush. I want to attempt to go to the gym in the morning before work but I'm wondering how long I should make the visits.

I'm currently doing undisciplined lifting with occasional eliptical machine use, so I usually just go home after I'm good and tired, haven't been keeping track of how long each visit generally is.

Looking to do a little mini-cut (10 lbs?). Just read about PSMF. The tl;dr seems to be:
>~1000 cals/day
>almost all protein
>some veggies and vitamins so you don't die
>short term

which leads to

>preservation of LBM
>rapid fat loss

Do i have this right and does anyone have pointers? Does this absolutely hurt or is it not that bad? And is it as effective as is claimed? Does this preserve gains as claimed?

why don't you just do a regular cut? Slowly but consistently lower your calorie intake until you lose 10 pounds? does it need to be instant? The rest of your gains didn't come in a week so why are you afraid to take your time now senpai

Does keratosis pilaris ever go away?

I've been doing a PSMF, i'm not going to say its the reason i've lost a lot of weight or anything, but I find it very easy to stick to.

The only reason I do it is because I looked at my diet and it was entirely carbs ( fatass btw ), so I figured if I cut out all the carbs i'd be shedding weight off like crazy, started at 272 on April 2nd, and i'm at 247 right now.

Really just not wanting to waste any more time cutting than necessary. Not fat as fatass just bulked a bit agressively so if i could cut for 4 weeks instead of 8 and get back down to a good bf% then why wouldn't i? It could be something to try, and if it suits me then i'll know for future cuts (and if it doesn't i'll know to do something else). Just trying ask about others' experiences with it.

My routine is the same shit everyday except I added in incline bench and am going to switch that with flat every other.

But the question here is I do weighted chins and weighted dips every workout too.

I started at 25 pounds a month ago. I'm up to 60 now on 3x5 for chins and 3x10 for dips. If I'm still making progress do I even need to think about not doing them every workout? I should keep going right if nothing hurts or aches?

Will it hurt my gains if i have a vodka and coke? currently a skelly bulking

Sorry this will be long-winded.

My GFs lifts have stalled on 5/3/1. I mean, I guess they haven't stalled. But the first three waves she was blowing the minimum rep requirements out of the water, and on this wave, she's basically getting the 5, the 3 and I presume next week, the 1. She's been using the 90% of 1RM for her training maxes, as suggested by Wendler.

Is this normal on a periodization program like this? I know you start light, but then what? I'm almost positive she won't make her lifts next month.

For example, her 1RM estimation for her DL started at 315 on the first wave. Which she actually completed before so it was accurate. Her estimated 1RM is now 345 on her fourth wave. And idk if her strength had gone up that much. She hit 275 for 3 today. She needed three. She's hit 5 of those before. Maybe the first two work sets are heavier so that affects it? Idk. I probably need to re-read 5/3/1. Or recalculate her maxes.

Everyday ? Yes most likely, once every few weekends ? Nah.

Guy that did RFL 2.0 which is similar to PSMF here and lost 30 lbs in 4 weeks.

The good:
-It works
-Saves you loadsa time
-If you read the book it's well researched
-The hunger isn't that bad after 4th day
-It improves your willpower greatly and knowledge on diet
The bad
-If you lift anywhere close 1/2/3/4 for reps you will lose some strength
-First few days are very hellish
-Reading if you hate it.
-You won't have a social life for the 4-6 weeks you're doing it.

I honestly wouldn't do it again since I lost about 10 kgs off all my lifts meanwhile now i'm losing 0.2-0.3 kg/week and still making gains (hit 109 kg bench for 2x2 yesterday and planning to continue to 110 2x2 as part of my TM program)

If you are doing Chins correctly (every rep from dead hang, no momentum and your entire head is above the bar each rep) then keep on going until it starts fucking with your progress.

Are you sure it's not just a bad week? I have no experience with 5/3/1 but I would stick to the program until a stall happens for 3-4 weeks.

Could be a bad week. I think she started too heavy desu. We'll see how next week goes then go from there. Thanks.

That is a terrible workout for a beginner.
You said you're skelly? I highly doubt you'd be able to finish that workout. Then you'd be doing that like twice a week? Such a heavy load. You won't be building any muscle at all, you're just going to tire yourself out and fatigue the muscles you dumb shit

Good exercises and stretches for a winged scapula?

Mark Rippetoe says:
>If you've been training the major exercises for any length of time at all and you still have a wing, it's probably neurological.
>A winging scapula is a neurological situation. I have never heard of mere bad posture causing this. Any rehab program for a winging scapula would involve something that addresses the neuro issue, and the typical PT approach is to do isolation exercises for the serratus, which makes absolutely no sense if the neuro issue is keeping the muscle from contracting. Just train correctly, and if it's going to heal, it will, but it may take some time, as neuro issues most often do.

Basically, overhead press and chin-ups.

how would I perform warm up sets for starting strength?
Tomorrow I will be benching 90lbs and squat 65.
Should I squat the bar for 2x5 rest 2 minutes? How would I do warmups for bench?

Cool thanks

Yeah. Stop doing weighted abs.

corw.in/warmup/

Keep the starting weight 45. Enter your workset weight into ending weight.

Take no breaks between warmups.
The time required to put the weight on is your break. Take 3-5 minute breaks between your three worksets. There are 5 warmup sets. You will do 1 set of 10 of the bar to start.

Did the matrix glitch?

So are you just doing a slow cut, just counting cals with no other trickery?

I used to get those in my wrists when I would OHP. They went away after a while.

Are lunges necessary if I'm already doing front and back squats?

You shouldn't be losing more than 1.5% of your body weight a week if you want to avoid also cutting lean mass.

I don't trust apps like that

no, lunges are shit

Do whatever allows you to accumulate the most weekly volume. Usually it is easier do this with more sets, not with more reps. You'll probably be able to get more volume from 10 triples than 3x10 as an extreme example.

Try and maximise the number of working sets you can complete in a week for a bodypart.

It's probably not the fat deposit causing it (unless it's like the size of an apple).

If your shin and foot is falling asleep it isn't a blood flow issue, it's a nerve getting impeded somewhere. Go and see a physio, you may have a slight nerve impingement or your running form might be wrong.

It could also be caused by your shoes being too tight.

I do barbell curls 3 times a week, small muscle groups recover quite quickly. As long as you aren't absolutely destroying them with fatigue every workout you aren't going to kill your gains by adding a couple of extra sets of curls a week.

If they start to feel shit though or you notice your work capacity drop (can't do the same number or reps or weight in the week) then that would be a sign they aren't recovering fully and a signal to reduce the amount you are doing.

It isn't the gym that makes you feel happy, it's the exercise and the knowledge you are doing something productive. Try to fill the rest of your life with things like that.

Fatiguing muscles is the whole point you stupid shit.

It looks fine as long as he doesn't go apeshit with stupid weights and eats properly.

She isn't bracing her core properly. Get her to use an ab roller and watch her back, it should be slightly rounded and braced against the contraction of her abs.If it is flat that's a sign she's letting her back 'sag' and this will probably cause pain.

Weighted ab exercises make you fairly prone to injury if you cant brace properly.

does low testosterone make you remember stuff harder and make your skin look pale? I forget the names of my classmates and other short-term stuff. I could watch a movie once and rewatch it a week later without knowing most of what happens.(re-watched entire star-trek TNG 3 (three times))

That could be a symptom of any number of deficiencies or medical problems. Go to a doctor and tell them you have noticed your short term memory has deteriorated and it's worrying you.

Chicken is about 110Cals for 100g, so neither seems to be correct. Plus, 1 oz is definitly not 85g

Not really, unless you are girl. It's a good exercise to work on that ass.

That user is right.

Also, be sure that you rest well or if you spend enough time on sun. Deprivation of sun and rest can easily give you symptoms like that and those are really common nowadays.

I've been having involontary spasms in my left biceps since a day.... why is that?

are pendlay rows snapping your shit if done correct?

How can martial arts be incorporated into a lifting schedule, especially with regards to progression and soreness, etc?

Obviously not.

and i guess keeping a straight back is key to do them correct?

A straight back, yeah. It also helps to push your ass far back (so your position sort of resembles the deadlift starting position). And try to keep the weight close instead of letting it fly out in front of you.

You can't reach everything so pick your priorities. You can focus on lifting and have fun and conditioning with MA, or you can do some very simple, low volume stuff to support MA.

Soreness doesn't matter as such as long as it isn't injury. You can work your way through DOMS but if you're beaten up that's different of course.

Thanks m8. I'm planning to try out Kyokushin Karate, but I also want to keep my lifts up, so I guess gym is going to be my priority.
Any tips on keeping injuries and such to a minimum?

>cutting
>1000 kcal deficit
>lifting 6 days a week
>PPLPPL
>I'm pushing to get the hallowed 1/2/3/4
>getting pretty close on all lifts

I'm wondering if I should not push so hard to hit those goals while cutting? Should I lay off or what?

my index finger is broken but it doesn't hurt when I grip onto the barbell should I still go to the gym?

thank you, been doing that so far, but today some older guy told me it will hurt my back in the long run and to do cable rows instead.

What do you mean by 1/2/3/4?

Ohp bench squat dL

That's how many grams of creatine he injects per day, at 4-hour intervals. If he makes it to 1/2/3/4 he'll be swole.

I'm cutting and all I do are pull ups and abs. Goal is just to look good shirtless with visible abs. Is what I'm doing sufficient?

I will look at it, thanks

I actually have low testosterone, atleast for my age and I wanted to know if those problems were somehow related to testosterone aswell.

Should I raise the weights on side lateral raises or are they the exercise you can just do at the same weight and still get results?

What are the macros in chicken breast? I've seen anything from 25cals an ounce to 40

Wtf is wrong with my belly?
I got visible abs but its still making a curve instead of being flat.
Am I supposed to lose another ~1-2 kg maybe?
I am 1,78m and 71kg atm so losing more weight would make me borderline underweight?

without a pic it's a guess between visceral fat and weak muscles / poor posture

I started doing mobility work for my t-spine recently. My mobility increased, but I've had slight pain in that area ever since. Like light soreness.
But today I did high bar squats and it was really painful once I got a decent load on the bar.
With low bar or front squats, I have no issues.

Anyone got any experience with t-spine problems?

That's just how a stomach looks when somebody isn't flexing the shit out of it.

Is this a good routine?

When doing romanian deadlifts I only feel the stretch in my left leg. Is it cause it's weaker or could my form be fucked up somehow?

how do you know if your test levels might be too low. i'm not going to go into it, but i think i might have lower test than normal?

are there are mail-in bloodworks you can do to check it?

Any feedback on my routine please?
AxBxCxx + hill sprints (20 rounds) 3 days a week after lifts or on off days - hence the relatively few assistance lifts.

A
1) Deadlift 5/3/1
2) dumbell rows 2x8 then 1xfailure
3) curl 5x6 (heavy)
4) hammer curl 4x8
5) shrug 3x15

B
1) Squat 5/3/1
2) OHP 5/3/1
3) snatch grip high pull 5x3 (heavy)
4) Lat pulldown 3x8
5) dumbbell side raise 4x9

C
1) Bench 5/3/1
2) incline dumbbell press 4x8
3) cable flys 4x9 (considering dropping this, thoughts?)
4) dips 4xFail
5) tricep rope pushdown 4x9

Pic unrelated

>T-Rex Mode : The Workout

How would you improve it?

Increase weights to the maximum that your form can handle. If you form gets all fucky, you're lifting too much

>what is myfitnesspal

Type it into excel you fucking child.

I just tried to sort it around, but it's unsalvageable.

If you want a long ass split/compound/ss/idontknowwtfyouredoing routine, make it 3 days and split your major compounds. bench, squat, DL. Then add the similar body parts to each day.

so 3 days, all your compounds cycle in a week.

>Be 22 DYEL faggot, only banged 3 grills in my life
>Get some weight, some muscle, averagebro
>Get qt girlfriend from Tinder who fucking loves me
>Move in together
>Been a year of living together
>I'm jackedmode now
>Only banged 3 grills
>Get female attention A LOT
>I'm 24 and 18/19/20 year old girls are fucking crazy for me because of my body, face, and I make $70K/year (for my age/area that's huge)
>Have a girlfriend who loves me but has had more sex than me
>I smash every night but constantly think about banging other women

Older Veeky Forums friends, will I regret not having sex with more women when I'm 30, 35 40, etc? I'm not saying I'm going to marry this girl, but right now I am in a fantastic position to bang a new girl every night and I can't bring myself to break up with my gf.

Can I do rollerskating as cardio ? (longer distances, with uphill passages, etc.) I need a substitute for running because it feels boring, thanks in advance

Is there an already set routine i can do for ultimate strength gains?

Not sure where else to ask but this is my homrboard so ill ask here.

My girlfriend recently did something disgusting. I'm quite disturbed by it. Please read on;

We were at the breakfeast buffet on our school trip. My girlfriend starts ruffling under the table with her skirt and i'm like wtf??

She says "I'm saving some food for later, lunch isn't till 2 o clock". "And i'm like in your pants???" and she's like "no, in my vagina silly".

and then i'm like "eeewwwww, why don't you put it in your pocket or something" and she tells me that vaginas are naturally clean whereas pockets are filthy and you'll get loads of germs from eating food outta your pocket.

She said that her mother showed her how to do it and how it's completely natural and that women have been doing it since stone age times. I was shocked by this and unsure whether or not to believe her.

Fast forward to around 12.30 and we were on a train.We go inside a toilet and start kissing and after a few minutes she sits down and starts fumbling in her crotch area again. And sure enough, after a few seconds out slides a sausage. She asked me if i wanted some and i was like "eh....no thanks" and then she just ate it as if it was just a normal sausage off a plate.

I asked her if other girls do this and she said she didn't know, it's not the kind of thing they'd talk about. but she said she does it occasionally and she finds it really handy when she's stuck for food.

I'm kinda worried now, this can't be healthy can it? Surely you'd get some sort of disease down there

I alternate between squats+ lower body accessory on one day and bench + upper body accessory the other day and go to gym every other day. Is this okay?

Don't be a hedonistic degenerate.
Take care of your gf, marry her, have a bunch of children and bring them up to be Aryan warriors.

I have a bad knee and back. What lifts can I do that do not involve those?

Pretty much the definition of SS.
But don't squat every fucking day, or else your legs will look like pic related.

i really hope this is fake or something because that is fucking disgusting

This can't be real.