Intermittent Fasting?

I eat a pretty healthy diet normally but I do splurge from time to time. I was watching Greg O'Gallagher's videos and he seems to be in amazing shape claiming through IF but I don't know if it is healthy. He claimes IF has all these health benefits but I can't seem to find anything about if it's true or not. What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

alanaragon.com/an-objective-look-at-intermittent-fasting.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GEAR

literally just another fraudster internet self help guru but this ones on roids

the reason you cant find anything online is because theres nothing to be found, IF is bullshit plain and simple

What you're currently doing is the way to go. It's called shitloading (a variation of skiploading).

Ive lost 65 pounds since December by eating less than 500 calories a day.

I've fucked up a few time, but generally you can lose around 5 pounds a week if you stick to it

LOL

have fun with your fucked metabolism when youre done with that

I do IF and it's great. Pretty easy to adjust to, and doesn't call for a diet change. I just eat from 1-9 every day instead.

SUPPOSEDLY it makes workouts much more focused on fat burning since you havent eaten in like 14 hours, and it allows your body to break down food more easily. I rarely feel sick from eating unless I have fast food.

If you can, try it out for a few months. Im on month 3 and it's good

It slows down a bit when you do it, but it seems to only last 2-3 days once you stop

Ive actually noticed an increase in my metabolism, but that's probably due to working out 3 hours a day

it's just eating all of your calories in a single meal, that's about it, there's nothing magical about it, all that stuff about "burning extra fat" is more than likely bullshit, if anything, IF teaches you the habit of eating less, which leads to extra fat loss.

I've been doing hard IF for the last 8 weeks, a 1200cal cut is around the perfect amount for a big meal consisting of healthy foods.

the ONE thing that's true is hunger management, eating every 20-22 hours causes your body to suppress hunger naturally, i no longer feel hunger outside of my eating hours (1-3pm)

IF isn't exactly a diet, it's an eating routine

>14 hours fasting

Pussy. Try doing it for 20 hours at least.

Can you math? I eat 1-9 so I don't eat for 16. But I guess I'm a bitch for not eating for the coveted 4 hours a day

lmfao how does anyone think this poser is natty

OP here: So for those who do IF have you experienced the other "benefits" like mental alertness, better medical numbers, etc?

Yeap, you're a fag. GTFO

Been fasting since 2012. I do 8 hour eating windows and fast for 16 hours. I sleep better at night and no longer wake up every couple of hours, have more energy throughout the day and I feel like my thoughts are much more clear as well. I use it for both cutting and bulking and plan to do it for the rest of my life.

K dude thought we were all a family but i guess youre gonna be an asshole

You're just a bitch

>1-9
>in like 14 hours
Jesus Christ. Did you skip 1st grade mathematics?

Probably not worth explaining since you're all looking to find things to point out as stupid, but the 14 hour mark is when i workout. Wouldnt make sense for the workout to start when my eating window started. I usually work out at like 11 and eat at 1 but hey...

Fuck you

same IF faggot

enjoy your no gains

:\

thats how you end up looking skeleton with loose skin everywhere.

Ive been doing IF for a few weeks, and my moods seem to be better and have more energy when I fast, not to mention better ability to control my appetite...but your mileage may vary

I tend to have more energy nowadays, and when I finally eat after 18 hours of fasting, I eat like a nigger. Fucking nice feeling everytime.

I've been doing IF for about 6 months now. Ive fecided to stop it because it does nothing for me anymore. it worked at first but I ended up ptting all the weight back on , it could be muscle though since I dont look fatter , but im still giving up IF because I'm tired of starving myself

Dude is on steroids, you moron.

IF here. I've noticed zero changes except a longing for food and a steady decline in weight.

That said, there's little to support your weight loss except the fact that you're skipping breakfast. That's 300-500 kcal I dont have to worry about.

This.

I routinely do it for a month every 3 months or so for 1 or 2 months, and it generally gives very good results. Went from a 215 lbs fat as fatass to a leaner 170 while eating 1400kcals and making sure my protein was on point. However, I only do it in short bursts. It's good for when you need to change things up, but your body eventually adapts to it, and you start seeing diminishing returns. If and when you do it, go with a YC stack since it'll give the best results.

Fucking magic
Was cutting on 1900 barely hungry with IF
Current bulking on 2700 not IF and I struggle to not overeat
Going back to IF for my bulk

alanaragon.com/an-objective-look-at-intermittent-fasting.html
read this.
And IF tends to screw with the body, long-term. Messes with the circadian rhythm.
But its useful for those with a busy schedule, as long as you dont stay on it for too long.

This.

Other benefits include everything tasting like heaven after a 20 hour fast and once I've eaten I'm falling to sleep in about an hour for those sweet nocturnal GH secretions.

Coulda sworn that was Kylo Ren

STOP SHILLING