/plg/ - powerlifting general

Big baby bitch edition.

Only bitch and whine like a child because of your underlying inferiority complex and childish desire for authority even though you're just one big man child.
>EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5mhrVfNms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when seen thought I couldn't bench 150kg? Lmao that was funny. What a drunkard.

you have been visited by the based kirill

Sabre, you listen to Bottomless Pit yet?

Buda looks strong as fuck here

STINKY

the meme is dead you fucking manchild :^)

>chick enters gym
>"dayum she hot"
>proceeds to quarter squat
>suddenly as attractive as an aboriginal
i dont even

not sean

It tells a lot, unless someone else is coaching you. If you are self coached and decently strong you could probably train others.
Being weak on the other hand... How can you train others if you fail with yourself?

I unironically still enjoy it

wait until you see an abo squat with perfect form

youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5mhrVfNms

memes never die

SSSCNTK100 will outlive Kiril, who let's face it, will die in his 50s.

I haven't listened to anything after Government Plates, and I only listened to that once.
>If you are self coached and decently strong you could probably train others
lol

>If you are self coached and decently strong you could probably train others.
uwotm8

>IsleyGaming
What
The
Autism

Trip in Norris/haack/alex.
Gene's don't mean coaching ability.

>lol

Where is the problem exactly?
Again, don't take it as an insult and blame it on my ignorance.

Strong does not mean you know what you're doing.
Boris is weak as fuck

To clarify, I don't mean being a genetic freak.

A lot of people can stupid their way to a big total based simply on working really hard and/or because they're just meant to be strong.

Go ahead and differentiate good genes and being strong.
Good ahead and say "training quality"
Okay now explain how to measure that

>ISLEY
>GAMING

I'm averagely strong and dumb as rocks fAm

It might have been legal pause in garagebros fed..M

Why? Not a huge fan of government plates? Bottomless Pit is kinda similar to The Money Store, so if you liked it, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Death Grips - Blackjack

BP is amazing desu

Lads have some discomfort from squat in hip region on right side I can still squat no problems but kinda worried about making it worse, week off or do BIll starr rehab thing?

this is such a joke

Correct me if im wrong
>big
>lean
You can only pick one if youre natty
Right? It may have taken 3 years for me to figure this out

I now bench more than that

:O

I got most of the way through it and I really enjoyed it. Definitely is up there.

Depends on your definition to be fair, you can be big and lean as natty however probably not big and shredded like a pro bodybuilder with ridiculous low bfat.

>Big
>Lean
>Natty
Pick 2

No you don't
Remember what happened last time you claimed to bench something and then couldn't actually bench it in competition

Let's look at it from the other side. If you have shit genes making progress is a struggle. But if you manage to go on and make yourself decently strong, you are forced to learn a lot.

No

Jesus Christ lads. Decided to rep out 75% diddis. Got 9. Had more in me, but I was completely out of breath. Time to throw in some cardio.

>coming from someone who never even competed

Fuck off

>Time to throw in some cardio.
Me and you friend.
>Do 168 kg x 5 squats TM ID
>strain right adductor last rep
>Decide to do Bill starr rehab 40 kgs for 3 sets 25 reps each.
>Feel like death

You're right. We'll have coaches take a gene test and determine how strong their genes are.

You never benched it LOL

CONGRATS LN YOUR 8 WILKS BENCH INCREASE

I SURE HOPE IT WAS WORTH LOSING AN OVERALL WILKS SCORE AND LOOKING DISGUSTING

LOL

funny thing is that was white lighted

I sucked up a spider in my Hoover and now I feel really bad. I didn't want to kill it but I couldn't bring myself to picking it up and taking it away.

It was above the size of my palm

Why are you pretending you don't know what I mean?

For real tho, don't you miss being lean Isley?

its uspa or something what do you expect

Same lad, surprised I got through my 5x10 squats with little issue last week. Only rested 2-5 minutes between sets, but I was definitely out of breath for each set.

Every time you are in a meet you have to think if you hit this new PR spider bro will come back to life.

No

I do feel regret when I'm sitting down sometimes and I pick up my gut like a cohesive blob of lipids.

But life is good rn.

We all know what you mean. But take a step back and look at it.
How do we determine someone's genes? We can't.
Someone can do smart programing forever and get nowhere.
Someone can do things willy nilly and do great.
Some people can ignore all advice, do programming wrong and inflate things, then complain that they do everything right programming wise and still ended up hurt/weak but still achieving things from nepotism.

You literally can't tell someone's lifting knowledge just from their strength.

>tfw you will never go George Leeman over a dead spider

>when sitting down picking up the gut
Yeah that's what made me go full skeleton mode

It's just I'm pretty much in the same spot rn, went from ~90 to ~100. So was curious.

What about the grills lad have you been told off for no longer being lean?

I'm not dating rn

And it's fucking ridiciloius how much pause deads will help your form. Felt like air the second the bar reached my knees.

That doesn't sound too bad desu. As long as it's below ~60% I can rep it out just fine.

Why does the Dietmars program have so much meme shit?

Yeah Joe, but I'm talking about self evaluation and being confident enough about your ability to train others.

Try it out man honestly my legs were killing me I mean the bar at 40kgs is literally non-existent to me since I just lifted 4 times for reps and my 1 RM is 4.5 times that.
But after you hit that 15th-16th rep in 2nd or 3rd set it feels tiring as fuck.

Mind you other than my tri extenstions I never do more than 5 reps since my start at liftan.

What about when you realize that you're both fat AND weaker (lower overall wilks)

Must be pretty pathetic huh?

He's in school for it and has a certification.
He knows what he's doing.

What programs are out there?
Greg nuckols programs were a good discovery, but what else is out there other than stuff we km
W No

>I'm not dating right now

Ed Coans book, good, bad, meh?

Might try it, just to see how bad my work capacity is nowadays.

>tfw we're closing in on being powerlifting stereotypes

soudns ipf illegal

not IPF approved

yea and when your back is THAT unnecessarily arched, the bar barely has to be dropped any. what a fucking joke.

>Tfw can rep out ohp and bench no problem
>Tfw can rep out deads better than squats
What is wrong with me? It feels like my shit work capacity is only really limited to squats.

Well to be fair even the Oly guys in my gym only do singles and were empathizing with me so think other than bodybuilders few people who lift heavy can do loadsa reps.

Squat is most taxing lift desu out of those 4.

So memes Aside worth it or not ?

I didn't even breath heavy after the first time I benched 100kg for 20 reps. Just a little sigh of relief. Squats takes a lot out of you.

I need to know.

We do have strongmen, but point well-taken.

I thought deadlifts were the most taxing.

Yeah, I barely even break a sweat when benching or overhead pressing. But then again, I would definitely say I'm more top heavy in terms of muscular development, so that probably is a big reason why.

Like what?
Probably because variation is good.

I started with 3 days/week and added a day a month
My technique was rubbish
I followed the Broz advice on everything
I started trying to put the fires out once I'd developed knee tendinitis with floss and knee sleeves and all that jazz. And the only cure for it was the deload at the beginning of the wilks cycle

I made hardly any progress on it. And basically it needs to be dropped.

>I followed the Broz advice on everything
Serial retard strikes again

3x8+ Bench press
3x8+ Barbell row / 1x5 Deadlift
Lateral raises
Curls + LTE

3x6+ Bench press
1x5 Deadlift / 3x6+ Barbell row
Lateral raises
Curls

3x4+ Bench press
3x4+ Barbell row / 1x5 Deadlift
Lateral raises
Curls + Tricep pushdowns

Other than squats (lowerbacks fucked) what am I missing out?

Wanna get a sick back and arms

when are you going to make a squat/deadlift pr man
how long has it been since you last PRd on either?

face pulls, dips

>Lower back fuck
>Can somehow do Barbell rows.
>Inb4 but I can control rows and only focus on lats.
Stop being a pussy and start doing squats.

No point of doing face pulls if I'm rowing so much
Dips are horrible, I hate them

Thnx tho

I can't, for whatever reason, hinge on the squat without pain, wanna give that shit rest.
My BB row is SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than my squat so it's not as dangerous.

To be fair, back then I didn't know any better.

Back then, I still looked up to drug users, and wasn't even an IPF supremacist.

Things have changed.

Squat PR, very soon; July. Deadlift, October. And not by much, 5kg AT MOST (292.5kg raw AT MOST)

>sick back and arms
Gonna need some lat work. Rows do fuck all for lats.

And that's what you base your recommendations re:high frequency/high intensity on? come on...

Yeah I forgot chin-ups, I'm retarded.
How could I incorporate them into my current programming?

Do them every deadlift day, for example.

I honestly wouldn't not squat for longer than 2 weeks unless lost legs or paralysed otherwise i'll be looking up rippletits forums for an answer to my problem. Especially since you can diddy.

Anyway you seem pretty well covered for lifts for arms and upper back maybe will add OHP for shoulder gains.

Fine repeat my mistakes, I don't care

Cheers

How has your shoulder been feeling with the really wide grip bench?

I have somewhat similar proportions to you (not as extreme) and am thinking about trying really wide

Fine; I've been doing it for 18 months

Ye, not like anyone could possibly learn from your mistakes, the mistakes must be repeated.

Do you think it's the magic pill for long arm shitty benchers, or just individual?

Idk if I buy the broscience of strong chest = wide, strong triceps = narrow anymore

Isley, gib me that dance webm pls, i need it

Explain the Japanese grip to me. Not that I'd ever max out my bench, pinkies in outer ring is objectively the strongest position known to man, but I'm curious