fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/texas-method
fitsticky.com/lifts
youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
fitsticky.com/how-to
fitsticky.com/s/Greg-Everett-Beginner-Oly-program.png
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=KO9nNu4QAnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hi trappy, plz make this face for me

Deadlift specfic routine

Conventional PRs
>545 from 2.5" deficit
>565 from floor

So, the plan is to do the following 3x per week
135x10
225x10
315x10
365x10
405xAMRAP

Once I hit 405x10+ progress up to 425 until I hit 10+, 440, 455, 470, 485, and finally 500x10. Once I hit 500x10 I'll retest my max single.

All of these sets will be done beltless and strapless.

Long term goal is 635x1 as a 181 lifter for that 3.5xBW ratio.

Day 4 will consist of back and bicep work.

I'll also be squatting 3x a week moderate volume, moderate to high intensity.

Deloading every 4th week to a max set of 70% current 10rep max.

Are you feeling pain with both squats and DLs? DLs should be relatively easy on your knees, unless you have a legit injury.

As for squats, lowbar while sitting back is probably the easiest variation for the knees, because of the reduced knee travel.
Box squats are a good alternative.
In case knee pain doesn't settle down, you can sub for Split squats. The vertical shin angle makes it very easy on the knees.

If you're feeling pain it's always important to check with a doctor. You don't want issues that could easily be resolved and treated to get worse.

Ahegao!

There are many things that could be causing lower back discomfort.
When you're home, stretch your hamstrings, glutes, and quadratum lumborum.
And don't skip your warmup sets.

what do you think of gzcl and his programs, specifically Jacked & tan?

>doing starting strength
>snapped up my lower back
>can't DL, squat or power clean
What should I do?

Trappy can you let me know if my PPL routine is alright?
A
Bench Press (might use DB) 3 X 5 – 7
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 X 6 – 8
Incline Dumbbell Press 3 X 8 – 10
Side Lateral Raises 2 X 10 – 12
Triceps Pressdowns 2 X 8 – 10
Overhead Triceps Extension 2 X 8 – 10
B
Bent-over Row 3 X 5 – 7
Pull Ups 3 X 6 – 8
Barbell Shrugs 3 X 8 – 10
Face Pulls 2 X 10 – 12
Barbell Curl 2 X 8 – 10
Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 X 8 – 10
C
Squats 3 X 6 – 8
Romanian Deadlifts 2 X 8 – 10
Leg Press 2 X 10 – 12
Leg Curl 2 X 10 – 12
Leg Extension 2 X 10 - 12
Calf Raise 4 X 8 – 10
Hanging Leg Raise 2 X 10 – 15

ABCxABC
Should I change a exercise(s) or is this complete shit?

Also should I do ABC heavy, rest, abc light?

BENCH ONLY

Read the book while you recover, jackass

life is suffering

So I'm 2 days into SS 3x5 with rows instead of cleans. Will be increasing everything by 2 2.5s every time I go with 2 warm up sets. I'm starting with just the bar for everything but deadlift that has 1pl8 to practice form and make sure I dont snap my fucked up back. This weight makes me feel great about OHP but bullshit with my squat. How do I judge what 80% is? Is it worth trying to figure out, or does the fact that I havent lifted in years say I should just keep adding 5 lb for everything until I stall on something? Also I have to do the OHP sitting because lolhomegym. So it looks something like:

A
Squat
45x2x5
Bench
45x3x5
Deadlift
135x3x5
B
Squat
45x2x5
50x3x5
Sitting OHP
45x3x5
Standing Row
45x3x5

Is this gonna be fine for starting gains? I'm feeling fucking great 2 sessions in.

Read the book
You don't need to figure out any percentages

>2 sets of squats
>3 sets of deadlifts
What the fuck are you doing?

That was my warm up now that I'm beyond the bar.

Also I misstyped that. I only did one set of deadlifts.

I just reread the programing chapter of SS. I states what increases of weight for what exercises. I don't see what weight to start at beyond just the bar.

fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Trappy can I cut with out doing cardio and just lifting/diet also doing a ec stack or should I do some form of cardio 1 - 2 times a week?

I'll be back tomorrow, gotta finish some stuff for the class in a few hours.

Yes you can.

Thanks, I hate cardio

This whole sequence just shows how fucking stupid "trappy" is and how blind his autistic followers are

that press is fucking beast,

fucking clean as fuck form overall, all my respect

AxxxAxx

Chest press 3x6-8
Shoulder press 3x6-8
Seated Rows 3x6-8
Leg press 3x6-8
Dips 3x12

Then ill train abs and do pull ups twice a week on rest days. Is this more or less ok? Goal is purely to look good hence all the machines. I plan on swimming too so there's that. Am I all good to go trappy?

You need way more back work, amigo.

Pls comment on routine, especially wondering if of each muscle group is equally and adequately represented, and if the push/pull ratio is ok

AxBxCxx

OHP 5x3
Deadlift 5x3
Lat pulldown 5x6
Dip 5xF (max 6, until 5x6 then weighted)
hammer curl 6x6

B
Bench 5x3
hang clean 5x5
db rows 5x6
>Cable fly 6x6 - should I remove? Too much chest work?
Tricep pushdown 6x6
db side raise 6x6

C
Squat 5x3
high pull 5x5
Dumbbell bench 5x6
curl 6x6
Overhead tricep extension 6x6
facepull 4x9

i personally would replace the lat pulldowns with pull ups, cleans in sets of 3 or less, and increase squat frequency

Hey trappy I'm doing greyskull lp and need some advice.

I feel like I'm not gaining strength in my deadlift fast enough. I put 5kg on my squat every week but only 2.5kg on my dead, because i'm squatting twice yet deadlifting once.

What can i do to get around this? should i start adding 5kg to my dead each week instead of 2.5? I'm at 2pl8 at the moment and I just wanna get to a respectable amount

you could increase deadlift frequency/volume or deadlift before squats

What do you mean?

Too fat for pullups but will definitely do so once I can
Will also make the hang cleans 5x3, or is that too little volume?
I should mention I do hill sprints on my days off, hence the squat frequency.

Thank you

How would I program my squats if I wanted to squat 6 days a week with a rest day on Sunday?

The first question is what you're trying to get out of your squatting. The second is what else you're doing training-wise.

Give us those and we're in a much better position to help.

How do I fix my sciatica. Cannabis helps relieve the pain every three days so i can lift fine, but I want it to go away forever because I'm sick of being a hippy

>dat trip

isntead of just doing 1 heavy set of 5, do a few sets afterwards of a lighter weight. basically increase volume

5x3 is fine for cleans in volume. i personally would do either a power or full clean, not a hang. it's easier to progress in weight that way.

Thank you.

I'd be fine with just squatting, deadlifting, and doing rows.
As for the squat, I guess just strength and size gains. As well as to see the poundage go up.
I just can't deal with rest days right now; it makes me feel too shitty.

ABxABxx

==A==
OHP 3x5
Flat Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5 (not including warmup sets for these 3)
S1- Ez-Bar Curl 3x10
S1- DB Front-Lateral Raises 3x10
S2- Cable Triceps Extension 3x10
S2- Cable Face Pulls 3x10
(supersetting to save time at the db rack / cable machine in a busy gym)

==B==
Deadlift 5x3
Wide/Close Grip Cable Pulldowns (3-5)x8
Bent-Over Barbell Row 3x8
DB Single-Arm Rows 3x8
Ez-Bar / DB Decline Pullovers 3x10 (these are fun at the end.....)
Abs (whatever)

I'm basically a beginner, but I've been lifting for 6+months and this is what feels good to me so far. I like T-bar rows but they are more of a 'fun' lift, BOB gave me better results once I figured out the proper form (I think :] )

I work a decently physical job (which I like, since I'm a fat from birth and tired of it) so I've settled on 3x5 rather than 5 sets; I just don't have the wind to add that much extra stress on my body for no real gain since it's the rest and food I eat that really determine my gains (I've learned that much at least).

My only goal within the expensive-ass tiny local gym is to lift large heavy things that I can't store at my house and shit in their toilet while my power level steadily increases until it blows the roof off the place, so I want to maximize my big 5 lifts, but I also want to focus on my lats until I can do a legit pullup on my own. Do you think this is a good "beginner's X-5 routine with accessories" workout that I can just press on with? Can anyone recommend a single really good freeweight/cable exercise to help boost my lats/upper back until I can do a pullup on my own?

SS has higher deadlift frequency, so you can just do that with an AMRAP set if you want.

ICF 5X5 made into 3x5
is that legit?
so pretty much SS with accessories

What is the website that gives you routines based on your end goal Ex. Military, strength, muscle gain, fireman ect.

Bump, interested in this

How good are powercleans for targeting lower back. Also, can you recommend a routine for increasing flexibility (Aiming to get that Tian Tao form)

Isn't that squat too deep? My trainer said that the quads 'deactivate' when they're that low. Is he wrong, or is this a meme.

>These are the people on trappy threads.

>these people post on Veeky Forums in the first place

Guys cmon

same faggin much?

>Why would i samefag you socially delusional homosexual.

you dont have to projecting this hard dude.

Literally just do SS.

I've been noticing some kind of imbalance during skullcrushers, my left arm is weaker than the right. Should I start using dumbbells? What exercise could I do instead of skullcrushers with DBs?

DB Skullcrushers?

Too much stuff, some of it not even very useful.
If you want accessories I'd recommend something like pic related instead.

You can change things around obviously and customise it, just be concise and have a purpose for everything you change.

There are too many different opinions and methods on this.
My personal opinion is, stick to squatting 3-4x times per week unless you're roiding. And even if you're roiding, take care and be careful not to get injured.

Some people will disagree, though.

If the problem is rest days, why not just do a split, or a lighter activity like swimming?

I'd recommend doing SS. If you like the AMRAP sets, you can just do them on SS.
That's basically the only differences between GSLP and SS, anyways.

I'd recommend training 3x per week, but if the focus is swimming, you'll be ok.

Don't forget the sexy speedos >:3

Found decent looking PPL routine, it has compounds on 5 reps and assistance on 10-12 reps.

Can I increase reps of BP, OHP and incline BP for more hypertrophy? I'd keep squats and DL in the 5 range.

Increase from 5 to 8 reps*

>trappy has been posting the SAME anime pics for like a year

ffs go to /c/ and find new ones lazy slut

I found my abs lagging behind when I did ss. I personally would make training them the most important accessory exercise

These jobs want good cardio, not just strength

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

It answers that question and many more.

You won't be able to max both the OHP and the Bench on the same workout for very long. It's doable at first, but eventually your numbers are gonna get higher and one lift will just be too detrimental to your performance on the next one.

Also, your deadlift and squats are both mainly a quads/hams/glutes exercise. I'd advise against doing squats on A, and leaving them for B, as that allows for better recovery and less fatigue accumulation.

If you wanna see some examples on how to program a PP split, you can check fitsticky.com/texas-method

Keep in mind these will have slower progression than with a novice fullbody program.

I'm too much of a poser ugh
The new ones I have are pretty much all just lewd shit like pic related.

this board doesn't need a /general/ for every fucking topic, fuck off

>fraud
>plg
>owg
>routine
>cbt
>fucking OHP

cool pic

Think I'll do 5s of BP and OHP bcs I got used to that on SS, but do incline BP 3x8

The ohp thread isn't a general though.

can you do something like the ohp thread for deadlift

Pic
There's more stuff on fitsticky.com/lifts too

Hey trappy, i need your help. The thing is that I want to become a trap. I read through some information but I need a body weight regime. Can you help me? Have some mugi

oh i didnt know about this, thanks

You're not gonna see much results, if any, from bodyweight lowerbody exercises.

I'd recommend you join a gym. You can do something like pic related - you can reduce the number of exercises, or choose to do only lowbar squats instead of alternating with variations, as it can be a lot to learn all at once.

Here's a vid tutorial for the squat youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM

If you wanna develop a feminine silhouette, you'll need HRT as well.

leave you fucking mentally ill retard

Ok I will look into getting into a gym. But do I really need HRT? Wouldn't a estrogen rich diet with purera mirifica be sufficient?

HRT isn't simply estrogen, it's also testosterone blockers, among other important things.

Simply ingesting a tiny extra amount of estrogen isn't gonna do much for you.

But I guess it depends on your goals.

Daily reminder that Trappy is literally a newfag

The goal is to look feminine, but I also want to have the option to go back to being masculine if I have to. Is it possible to reach this goal with just the diet? I don't mean that I will only ingest small amounts of estrogen and hope for the best. I'll eat shittons of soy and other stuff and don't eat any meats or other test boosters. And I heard alcohol is a testblocker? Is that true?

HRT is reversible. Only irreversible thing is becoming sterile, but this only affects a few and it takes many years to get to that point, and breast tissue, which can be removed with surgery if its the case.

If you want to look "passable" or develop a girly figure, it's pretty much needed unless you've been blessed with genetics (or cursed, depending on your POV).

However, if you just wanna look androgynous, then it's doable with just diet (mostly the effect on bf%, not on the hormones), clothes, way of talking/gesturing, haircut, makeup, etc.

You won't be able to manipulate your hormones to the level you're thinking with just diet, though. Specially the reduction in testosterone. You can get to "low" test levels for an average male with malnutrition, but that's barely gonna change the way you look. It'll just make you feel like shit all the time.

>And I heard alcohol is a testblocker? Is that true?

Don't. Trying to crash your hormones with alcohol is gonna lead to a harsh downward spiral of your mental (and physical) health. And it's not gonna work as well as you're thinking.

Trappy pls reply

Ok thank you very much. My genetics are a mixed bag. I got full lips and eyelashes but I also got a broad face. I have wide hips, but I also got broad shoulders. I'll think about hrt then.

A:
Clean and press 2x4,6
Cleans 5x2
Dumbbell snatch 5x2

B:
Weightlifting complex: power clean - push press - back squat x4 - behind the neck thruster - 5 sets
muscle snatch 5x2
dumbbell clean 5x2
z press 5x3

on off days usually 2 to 3 times a week i do a neural charge workout, which is basically 2 loer body and upper body explosive movements done in a circuit, and you stop once performance decreases. for example, my last one was:

speed squats x5
feet elevated pushups x5
long jumps x5
med ball slams x5

usually 3 to 4 rounds suffice.

Looks fine overall, but if you want your squat to get stronger, you should squat at least 2-3x per week.

5 sets with your max is a bit excessive. I'd stick to 3 for easier progression. If you want extra volume, you can simply do 2 backoff sets afterwards with lighter weights (with higher reps, or paused, or a variation like push press instead of ohp and closegrip or DBs instead of regular bench, or whatever)

And you don't need 6 sets for each accessory, specially not after doing high volume with the main compounds. See pic related for an idea.

I'd also do regular bench again on C instead of simply using DBs. Having a higher frequency for the main lifts is pretty important in order to hone technique and strength.
You can do a couple of DB sets afterwards if you want the extra volume.

When doing the lat pulldown, use a closegrip or a chinup grip.

I'd also recommend Power Cleans or full Cleans instead of hang and high pull.
There are pics and vids to help with those on fitsticky.com/how-to

Yeah, shoulders suck. I'm always kinda insecure about wearing my dresses without a cardigan or something over them.
I hope it all works out for you senpai!

Hi Trappy I could really use your help. I've been on SS for about 6 months, and made decent gains. Here are my numbers:

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 82kg

Highbar Back Squat: 110 kg
Deadlift: 150kg
OHP: 50kg
Bench: 70 kg
Power Clean: 80kg
Weighted Pull up: +10kg
Weighted Dip: +15kg

My linear gains have slowed down and I look pretty good, not disproportionate as loads of people complain about.

I am very interested in Olympic lifting, and would like to move onto a program that focuses on the Clean and Jerk and Snatch. However, I don't want to sacrifice aesthetics. Is there a program that allows me to get stronger on the olympic lifts as well as maintain and build strength on my upper body? Or am I trying to have my cake and eat it too?

I can work out 3-4 days a week maximum which is why SS was perfect. I don't want to be spending more than 2 hours on a session.

Is there anything you can recommend? Currently I have this routine, but I made it myself and I have no idea as to its efficacy and you seem to know your stuff.

My routine:

A:
>Snatch 8x2
>Clean Pull and Hang Clean 5x2+1
>Overhead Press 3x5
>Weighted Pull up 3x5

B:

>Clean 8x2
>Snatch Pull and Hang Snatch 5x3+1
> Split Jerk 5x3
>Weighted Dips 3x5

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

What do you think? I don't really want to give up deadlifting or benching: is there enough upperbody volume? Can you recommend anything?

Pls respond

Bump

Let's get married and make a baby.
and by baby I mean fuck your boi hole.
Than after years of regressed love and passive aggressive hate you adopt an asian kid and we divorce and you take all my stuff.

worth it for that doughnut hole

Trying to do an LP but i work away a lot and can only do one or two workouts a week a lot of the time. Sometimes none. Slightly modified SS based on some ideas I found at 70sbig forums.

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
About 20 minutes trying to perfect cali strength power clean technique
Rows 4x6
Triceps Extention if there's time
Weighted plank
Stationary bike sprint HIIT

B: Squat 3x5 or deadlift 1x5 alternating
THE PRESS 3x5
Chinups 3xf
Front squats 3x5 if i deadlifted, Romanian Deadlifts 4x6 if i squatted first
Curls if theres time
Weighted planks
Concept 2 HIIT

AxBxA
BxAxB

Answer this please

trappy plz, your shoulders are absolutely fine....

umm your graph is wrong. this is the correct one.

>captcha is PIZZA

i have severe lower back pain. squats and deadlift hurt so god damn much i simply can't do them anymore.

what i can i replace those with to have still a complete workout?

You can replace your dick.

You're rounding your lower back doing both. If you don't want to fix your form, Hack squats and Yates Rows/Chinups.

>Is there a program that allows me to get stronger on the olympic lifts as well as maintain and build strength on my upper body?

Almost every weightlifting program will include upperbody strength training (mostly the press, dips, and back work) and some bodybuilding accessories. While the classic lifts themselves rely a bigger fraction on the lowerbody, your upperbody also has to be strong in order to handle the weights. You won't be able to snatch or jerk heavy weights with a lagging upperbody.

In any case, as for the routine, no. You have to squat, it's of major importance for weightlifting.

For the program, here's a few options:

If you're just starting out with weightlifting, Everett's simple example routine for novices can be good. fitsticky.com/s/Greg-Everett-Beginner-Oly-program.png (for the 15 reps thingy, you count every rep above 60-70% of your max - working up to a heavy single)

Try to focus on developing good technique with the lifts, don't worry too much about going super heavy yet.
Here are some good tutorial vids with Klokov:
How to C&J youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
How to Snatch youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

If you're ready to take training serious, you can try Takano's programs. There are many examples in his book, and some in the sheets here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing (hope googledocs didn't break it)
Keep in mind Takano's programs are more demanding, and will require a higher level of commitment.

kek yeah, in the photos
though I guess I've been lucky (and cursed) with genetics, they aren't as wide as boy's... though not as narrow as gurl's.

lmao I used to love Ren & Stimpy when I was younger... though it did creep me out a fuckton on certain episodes

can you shut the fuck up

Oh, and as for the bench, you can probably throw it in on fridays for intensity, and tuesday for light volume if needed, after the push presses.
(For Everett's program)

>they aren't as wide as boy's... though not as narrow as gurl's.
so you're perfect, stop fishing for compliments and suck me

I was really partial to Rocko's Modern Life myself.
youtube.com/watch?v=KO9nNu4QAnw
>turn the page wash your hands
oh jesus what am I doing with my life, I want to watch all these shows now.
Come watch them with me!

can you fags go to /lgbt/ or some shit

>not lifting while watching cartoons and flirting with people on a mexican image board
Never going to make it.