/RG/ - Running General

Need to get better at running. I have a 10k on July 4th and I'm starting to prepare for it now. I run it every year but I want to git gud. Finished last year with 43 minutes so I'm not necessarily bad just mediocre.

I play basketball but haven't done endurance running for a long time.

Is there a runner's diet that sort of lightens the load and makes endurance running easier? Also, I have a nose problem where I'm always kind of stuffy making it way too hard to breathe while running. Anyone else have that problem?

Run General I guess

Why are his nipples bloody?

Chaffing

Is that Phil Collins?

Last time I went running I fucked yo my sinuses and had cold like symptoms for a few days. I feel you brah. Try taking an antihistamine, use a nasal spray for a few days leading up to the run, and take a steaming shower and/or use saline spray before hand. This should open up your sinuses and keep them moist during your run. As for diet, I would eat at maintenance while you train, cut down on your fats, and get an abundance of carbohydrates. Caffeine has been shown to improve endurance activities so a cup of black coffee and hour before your runs may feel good. Eat at a surplus for a few days before the race and "carb load" to ensure your glycogen stores are full.

quality advice brah. However, coffee gives me mad shits. I had to take an 8 minute shit break during one race.

how can you chafe so badly that it makes them bleed out like that?

How quickly will I get better at running?

Can I do it more often than the 3 times a week on C25k?

Run as much as you want. We are designed for cardio. Just follow the two day rule: if something hurts for two days, take two days off

you can put blister bandaids on em. I chafe at work during summer. It gets really bad once i start sweating. Cotton makes it 10x worse.

you wear a cotton shirt and sweat. If you're jumping up a lot it rubs and eventually makes them raw. Usually the person has man boobs.

If I'm too poor to buy running shoes is it too autistic to use regular sneakers until I get the $ or should I wait

you should wait

Try barefoot

A 43 minute 10k is well above average just not elite. Do speed work at least one a week. Tempo runs and VO2 max work well. Also cut as much weight as possible.

Why do you need to get better at it?

Why wouldn't he just take his shirt off?

Then the blood would get all over the place

for personal goals

You've avoided the question. Why are those your goals?

I want to start at the front of the race. I was in the D ranks last year and I want to be at least B which is like 38 minutes. Would love to get A.

>call the police! someone shot that guy in tits!

>tfw started running my nips hurt so bad after
>it's because I have big man tits

:(

enjoy shin splints, flat feet, and possibly getting stabbed or injured pretty bad

my right outer calf gets sore fast and start getting painful when i brisk walk or jog, any advice

Why?

he could've taken it off before he started bleeding -_-'

good goy

yeah you better wait bro you should never run without Nikeā„¢ sneakers, I heard a guy did that once and then he died