Running General

Running General.

I think I'm mostly recovered from a small injury. Ran 7k with no pain feelsgoodmang.jpeg

>running
DYIL?

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN

>Arms in front of body

Definition of running like a girl

there's more to fitness than lifting, autismos

Naruto anime fag detected

>he runs like a limp-wristed faggot, flailing his arms around in front of him

Hahaha

run 6k most days with no pain

your point?

Lol running. Congratulations on weighing 110lbs and having women laugh at your disgusting skeleton body.

Says the 400 lbs fat powerlifter who eats between sets.

I'm training for a marathon, so 6k a day is pretty much useless.

she's overdoing it, but the arm swinging motion of proper distance running should be 100% in front of the body. it only becomes a full swing when you're running fast, ie a workout or race. even watch a marathon, those top guys run with their arms out in front

Arms pointing forward, yes.
Forearms twisted to be in front of torso, no.

The force is moving back to front, up and down. Not side-to-side like a girl.

For sprints you want to throw your arms in front of you for momentum. For distance let them just hang by your sides. You spend less energy that way. I know this sounds like autistic bullshit, but it's true. Google it.

i disagree. the only time i do back to front is in races under 3000m. everywhere else, i look more like pic related. if im on a recovery run (slowest run of the week), im looking like a t-rex lol.

basically, if you have to think about your arm swinging, you're doing something wrong. just do what feels natural, that'll take up the least energy and be most efficient for you.

Letting your arms just hang around like an autistic kid throws off your balance.

Pretty sure you'd notice the difference even after a short run

What will give me better ass- running or squats? Or should I just take the middle road and keep up with equal balance of both?
I'm a boy btw

imo do neither.i used to have a big round ass and since i started squatting and running it has started to turn more square.like it flexes without me wanting it.

No, you don't throw your arms in front of you, you actually push your elbows back and up while keeping your shoulders level, as hard as you can.

Throwing your arms forward is useless, loosing energy and momentum and actually makes you slow down.

Your range of motion when your arm is at 90 degrees or so at the elbow is to have your knuckles come to eye level, and down to around pocket level.

This will greatly increase speed and ease.

>Run laps in the neighborhood
>yards are well kept
>see birds are flying around, chirping
>small animals skittering about (I live near wilderness)

Peaceful and somewhat scenic. I don't understand why most of the runners around here prefer to run up and down busy streets where all they is cars and stoplights

WHY WOULD YOU DO A MARATHON?

>6k is usless
does 7k?

why would you want to squat 5 plate

its all just goals dude. once you get to a certain point all the training were doing is pointless and just goal oriented

7k is also useless. I think you missed the part where I said I'm recovering from a small injury.

I want to get back to easy 10k runs, and a long 20k+ run per week (increasing distance per week up to 35k). I still have 4 months to go, so I think I should be ok.

> started running this quarter
> planned to start lifting once quarter ends
> ends, can't handle doms from squats + running

week1 done, unsure how long adjustment will take for me to start throwing in running back in

This.
And running in a trail is far nicer than in asphalt. I don't think I could handle running on busy streets.

i don't want o squat 5 plates

although i would rather look bigger than like a marathon running faggot

i regularly run 10k's anything more is boring as fook

You're clearly running in the wrong areas.

I'm a beginner and as I'm starting to run more frequently and for more time I'm getting shin splints. I used to get them pretty bad when I was little (15-16) but I've outgrown them since (20 now), and I don't want to have to deal with this again.

What do? Would buying actual running shoes help at all or are they just a meme?

run around 7 miles a day.
workout too.

Put lean muscle on, straight OTTERMODE ENGAGE

you just gotta eat more anons and cross train more and you WILL put on muscle.

but you will never be huge, you gotta deal with a lean, tighter body

wait for 2030, when we'll have shin replacement surgery

Actual running shoes and good running form definitely help.

When I started running, my legs and knees would hurt or be uncomfortable for days after a run, this almost completely stopped once I got real shoes.

Not going too fast too soon also helps. Pace yourself properly, you shouldn't be dying after every workout.

>I don't want to lift 5 plates
>I dont want to run a marathon
Dude, why are you here?

Stretch your calves
Youtube shin taping techniques. Use some athletic tape. It helps.

this is of course just anecdotal evidence, but I run barefoot and never got it

> i look more like pic related

You look like nigger...

make sure your running form is good

>doing c25k
>ran 20 minutes straight for the first time yesterday
shit was amazing, never thought i could do it

>tfw went trail riding
>downhill and my front tire started skidding
>ohboyherewego
>flip over the handlebars and fly into some trees and thick bush
>instant sudden sharp pain in my ankle, dull pain in my knee later
>a week later my ankle still hurts just putting on shoes

Fucking kill me famalam I can't run, bike or even squat.

Any tips for 800 intervals?
I can't seem to nail a good pace, i either run too fast or too slow.
Trying to break 19 mins on my 5k

Let me know if you find the secret, senpai. I suck at pacing myself

Eternal struggle: Distance or speed?

>Can't choose both, don't be a queer

Distance first, speed second.

how long did it take and what's your weight..i was considering doing this

Im running my first 5k tomorrow morning. Wish me luck bro, we're all gonna make it

Not that guy but I just finished it with a local athletics club that runs it. It is honestly the greatest thing I've ever done. I started at 220lbs. I'm down to 180 and I can consistently run a 5k in less than 25 minutes.

Damn straight. If you're going for over 6km of running, how fast should your average km be, 6 minutes?

Forgot to say that was after a 10 week, 3 day a week program but I lifted 3 days per week on top of that

For training miles keep it slow to stop injury (i used to run all my runs fast and i ended up having to quit for half a year), for tempo training you should be aiming for a little slower than your race pace.

5:00-7:00 is usually a good speed to run your training miles depending on your overall fitness (base miles, speed etc etc.)

Good luck user! first 5k is a big step

when i run around my neighborhood all the dogs bark at me it messes with my focus a bit, i guess 6 am its too early

Do you heel strike?

I used to have literally the exact same problem (same time frames)

Im gonna sound like a shill but switch to running in nike frees fixed my form so I have toe/mid foot strike now. Heel striking used to be so hard for me not to do and now it seems as barbaric as mouth breathing.

My turn for question: how the fuck do I get my Niles faster than 6 :40? I never go furthere than 4 miles, I run to supplement boxing conditioning

Speed, more athletic applications outside of running

>that guy who runs on treadmill at the gym

Ug, that terrible running form.

Women with bad running form is an insta-boner-killer for me.

>that woman who runs with a boner at the gym

>Eternal struggle: Distance or speed?
>Can't choose both

Yes you can. Just do strides and turnover work at least 2-3 times per week concurrently with your mileage base.

Boom. Fast, and long.

I'm actually around 6:40 miles as well (at least for 5k distance). I've seen a significant increase in speed since I started adding more slow runs, I'll know in the coming months if the improvement comes as easily past this point

Is using an eliptical machine an adequate substitute for running? I'm a bit of a hermit, would prefer if i could just exercise in private. What would I be missing/gaining with elipitical as oppose to running?

>that guy who posts this in every thread
filename is the same every time

i run 5k every morning no shoes.
pretty dyel

>how the fuck do I get my Niles faster than 6 :40?

Do the following:
>run more miles per week
>1-2 times per week, run 10-20 x 75-150m at a FAST relaxed pace with full recovery.
>once per week, run for 15-30 minutes at a comfortably hard pace (faster than daily conversational run pace).

>that guy who fucking knows everything at the gym

So is runing barefoot good for me?

It's definitely a nice thing to do as long as you're not running on spikes. I don't know about specific benefits besides maybe forcing you to have a better running form.

>it hurts before you get used to it and will always be less comfortable
>if you do it a lot it will spread out your toes
>it makes your feet stronger and improves your form

While you run 5 MILES per day, CHAD is banging your girlfriend for all the CARDIO he needs.

joke's on you i don't have a girlfriend

Stretch it slowly and constantly.

You got this bro. We're all gonna make it.

if you want little pebbles poking your skin

Sauce?

there's an app for android. It's bretty good. takes 9 weeks if you stick to it.

Spred toes are bad for me ?

WHAT SHOES YOU WEAR

>tfw you pull on your old ragged shoes and they finally tear completely

Chad can keep her, now that I have a five mile range I can seek out other bitches that live five miles away

You mean you can chase your vicims for 5 miles

Anyone had a stress fracture on their shin? I got one beginning of this year and it's really fucked up my running. Been resting for 2 months but I can still feel it when walking a but. Really sucks

6 if I do my stretches.

Anyone that has experianced that rucking helped with shin splits?

Ive read so much shit trying to find facts about shin splits. For example landing on the front part of your foot, if anything that puts enourmous stress on the shin bone, why the fuck would that help against shin splits.

Massage hasnt helped fuck all for me. If anyone cares what works its fucking this probably this which im doing right now.

Get personal shoe insoles
Buy real fucking running shoes with lots of cushion
Strengthen your lower leg(front side aswell not just the calf) and your ankle
Buy compression socks for lower leg

25ish miles per week
Nike free

I want to end the summer with 40-50 mpw... That would be nice

>tfw im realizing I might have a stress factures and not shin plants
fug

splits*

Yes, on occasion. Not everyday.

Replace your shoes every 300-1000 miles, and be sure not to wear them for anything but running.

Kek

Doing my first 5k event this weekend. I run half marathon distances twice a month on my own but I want to start doing events for the massive amounts of cardio bunnies that go.

Nothing is better than hearing that heavy breathing of a qt as you pass her in the last few kms of a race

Indeed

odd question.

Trying to up my cardio/running to improve my erection quality/ability to get hard. I'm not overweight but I'm not in great shape cardio wise.

At what point can I consider my heart somewhat fit to the point it would help my circulation/boners? When I can run 3 miles? 5?

FUCK

You fail at reading comprehension. It was to choose one, not both.

Not him, but you can choose both. Training at longer distances below your lactate threshold (heartrate typically below ~180 max) greatly improves your VO2 max. This allows you to push towards greater speed.

Also instead of worrying about this speed vs. distance deal, you should focus on minimizing your time at a certain distance. Choose your favorite distance and become the best at it. Often this will involve running longer distances at slower speeds and HIIT.

Don't be a faggot, Timmy.
Pick one. That was the "game".
Stop being a faggot.

>5k charit run,
>Keeping pace with qt
>she's breathing heavy
>Why boner
>Over take her so she doesn't see
>She catches up, Oh shit she's trying to keep pace with me
>*huff huff, *oh god *huff
>MUH DICK
>"how are you finding it user?"
>"its good, i-Is it good for you. . . "
>Awkward silence for the rest of the way.

>mfw on last race all women were too slow and didn't get to know that feel

very possible. im running 60-65 mpw right now and was running 30mpw only three months ago. ive also been doing fast runs 2 or 3 times a week. just make sure to recover on your recovery runs. no injuries yet

>see nice butt on the treadmill
>literally running with pic related

I'm in tears