/plg/ Powerlifting General

/plg/ Powerlifting General

Isley is even fatter than this picture edition
Isley has mild scoliosis edition

Also norse survey

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=iHyjnOEqKi8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Doesn't even link the survey
I would post it but I somehow deleted the note with the link on it.

>Mild scoliosis
Have it too. Feels bad man

Hot guy

Threadly reminder that you could use more bench volume

enjoying a burrito and a coke before nap time

he looks like he could bench 180 Tbh

what do you do besides lifting breh?

Guys should I permabulk and take PEDs until my heart gives out?

Im 6'3" and only 205 freedoms so I have a lot of frame to fill out and Im impatient.

I just want to pick up REALLY heavy things. Things so heavy, other people who like picking up heavy things look at me and go, "man that looks heavy"

Join me in the unilateral-based hypertrophy routine.

The lifts are actually pretty damn fun, and I think its helping even a week later.

Yes.

If you take PEDs I hope you don't have any plans to compete.

he can compete in lolfeds

>unilateral-based hypertrophy routine.
explain

Im too much of a lanklet for powerlifting anyway.

Dont have a relatively huge torso to go with the long arms and legs. I might do ok in strongman though, my deadloft and overhead presses are 'ok'.

All I need to do now is gain at least 70lbs of muscles

Just be aware of the risks lad, and don't compete in a fed that practices fair play.

Let me know if one is ever created.

I'm off /plg/. Light day tomorrow, hope i don't over do it

NN

Easy enough. Its mostly autoregulation-based

Most days work up to a single top set in a standard lift. Then do unilateral version of it in "hypertrophy" rep and set ranges.

For example tomorrow Im gonna work up to a @8 with 315 on the bar with Deadlift (however many reps feels @8ish). Then Im gonna do JEFFERSON DEADLIFT at a smaller % for 6-8 reps per side, probably 4 sets total 2 sets of both legs.

I have a list of exercises that feel unilateral enough to help break uneven neuromotor patterns. Favorites are single dumbbell snatches and push press, JEFFERSON DEADLIFT, and one armed Deadlift both standard and suitcase Deadlift style. Those I feel help the most, but any dumbbell lift is obviously pretty unilateral, as well as lunges/split Squats.

Its kinda memey but better than doing nothing but mobility and just hoping it doesn't get worse.

survey survey survey survey survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

also a brazilian qt3.14

1) Why would I

2) What would it matter? My lifts wouldn't directly impact anyone else's, and I definitely wouldn't be putting up anything remotely respectable even roided up. (Unless I was born to be 308+ class and suddenly all my lifts arent shit)

>My lifts wouldn't directly impact anyone else's

They do, lad. You kind of have to have competed to know this, but even lifting order can play a big part of what makes or breaks a lift. It also detracts from the legitimacy of that event if there were competitors on gear there, winners or no.

It's your body, go fuckin nuts, just don't ruin our fun.

>Sign in to your Google account to fill out this form
lmao no.

nn lads

finishing up my sixth cycle of 5/3/1 for top end strength and i was wondering which would be best to switch too? texas method or sheiko? i've done the texas method for about 6 months before switching to 5/3/1.

i dl'd 3pl8 yesterday.
am i going to make it?

Took a video of myself squatting today and noticed that I move forward a bit when I start ascending with near max weight. I feel like my hamstring ain't making it. Will wider stance help?

Tfw we drove haino off

I kind of liked the lad

does anybody have other brazilian qts they could post?

S A V A G E

All yours

of coursh!

S H E I K O

Haino pls come back

looks like a man dude

hey brehs what sort of strength does an intermediate powerlifting programme assume?

>drove trappy off twice

thanks

not really she's pretty cute

that you're no longer making progress with linear progression

sheiko #29, #30 or #31?

Nevermind, rewatched the video a couple of times and noticed that my hips and torso aren't in sync when rising

Whata are your lifts at?

I'm just running the Intermediate Large Load which has me doing #37 -> #30 -> #32

I think once I finish #30 I'm just going to run the first week of #32 for the skills test, and then go back to #30 and repeat #30 -> #32 (first week) -> #30 -> #32 (first week) etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=iHyjnOEqKi8

C O M F Y

bodyweight is around 95kg, squat is currently 150kg, bench is 92.5kg and deadlift is 130 kg

150kg squat 130kg deadlift?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

would deload a lot more on the deadlift than i did was squats, mainly because i'm a huge fag and i got worried if i saw any sign of my back bending during the lift

Finally found the vid of Candytoe's meet

i dont remember candy being a kneecap lockouter

I FUCKING HATE OVERHEAD PRESSING.
Is it really that necessary? Could I just skip it and do a pull exercise instead?

You don't have to do it, take a hiatus.

I recently started doing it again, I used to HAte Ot, now it's all I wanna do tbH

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE LURKING

he moved out his stance

Hi you're someone else
Speak to me now

Hi I found a wilks calculator but what do I put into the weight lifted box? The total 1rm for all my compound lifts or my 1rm for my highest lift? If the former then which compound lifts are included? The OHP too?

Yes

the total lifted in comp with the bw you weighed in with on the day

You enter your max squat, ohp and barbell curl.

hi, how is your sumo doing? I have moved out my stance to the max so I have to turn my feet when I drop the bar, I have also started with hips higher because of my short torso and strong hip extension

I don't pull sumo because it feels really difficult
I also don't deadlift at the moment

b-but I do bench

My barbell curl is lacking behind my press lads, what's a good program for It?

I've got a meet in 3 months pls help

are you trying to be funny?

Im serious las

see

Sean pls buy me a video game console

All the money I have goes into food and gym ;-;

>Tfw we drove trappy off a second time

I hate this board

Probably wouldn't go back to TM unless you've gained a good amount of weight. How'd you like that 5/3/1 variant? Was it productive?

Went to the doctors and got CT scans

I've herniated my l4 and l5

added about 2.5 kg onto all my lifts each cycle, did six cycles so i added around 12.5 kg onto all of them, plus got some good experience using sumo deadlifts for volume and conventional overhand grips for heavy triples, doubles and singles.

>WAWTT
>WAWLTT
>WAWET

lol

Still out deadlift you

not anymore senpai.

not anymore fagget

just full time coach hipster phil to be no1 74 kg lad

I'm deadlifting through the pain, gonna smash 320kg in a matter of weeks.

Benchpress, deadlift, overhead press & squat? I'm not into powerlifting so I'm not sure if they compete in OHP.

also prove it

not anymore cuck

We'll talk when you are no longer walking.

You test your sumo deadlift, power clean and curl.

Seeing as I'm gonna out deadlift him maybe I will

>being natty for this

It will heal like everything in your body

Video up in anywhere between an hour and tomorrow

What is training at obsidian like?

Who was it?

Not bad at all. Why leave it, just bored?

>disc herniation
>healing

you are in for a bad surprise

>deadlifting through the pain
the only thing you are going the smash is your spine. just rest, control your ego. take a break and focus on bench or whatever. beats being a cripple.

sean

Pretty good, nice people, made a lot of friends and it's even better being one of the best there.

What caused it?

>deadlifting through the pain

My dude, please reconsider.

Perhaps it was the shit form with heavy weight

Sumo

Mate it will heal, if you don't use it you lose it

I think you need to do some reading up lad. Don't use it, you lose it.

sean is probobly sleeping and doesn't play videogames

he also has a different filename

What would even happen? Has anybody been so stupid before?

hi sean

Don't use it you lose it

bored and i've heard lots of good stuff about Sheiko from people on here. plus i want to actually compete in a meet later this year as opposed to lurk around these threads pretending i'm an athlete when i just lift weights barely above bodyweight.

>if you don't use it you lose it
y-yeah m-mate, fo-fo sho.
rip in piss my man

I posted that photo and I'm not sean family

>nucleus pulposus pushed out of the disc completely
>nerve roots get squeezed
>mr Booey scraming in pain and losing power over his leg/legs
>collapses like a like a little bitch

>Das3 thread

Did they ever fix the shitty pvp and R1 spam? Did they ever make punchy builds viable?

Come on guys it's obvious that the more upright torso and straighter back is unhealthy for kbooey, his back is designed to be in constant flexion

brah make a pic on your gram story to confirm lad come on

I'm not saying do nothing for months on end. But shit, give yourself some time. Plenty of people still manage to lift with herniated discs (Liz Craven being one of them), but this could seriously damage you and your lifting in the long term if you're reckless. Step back, recover, assess the damage, make a plan to go forwards from here.

This is a sport of years and decades.

See

All these people commenting on his form need to remember that he lifts more than everyone else and that the most important piece of technical advice is to just be yourself.

Word, good enough reasons.