Planet fitness?

There's a planet fitness nearby and for 10$ it's appealing. My work schedules shift from evenings to graveyard to mornings so a24hr gym can accommodate this. I've heard of them lacking free weights and there focus on cardio, is this true? Anyone have experience with planet fitness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrYGw-lX2R0
youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
youtube.com/watch?v=yVVjF8S3gzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's definitely not for serious bodybuilders or weight lifters, but if you just need a place with some machines and treadmills, it's fine

Over half of the facility is cardio shit. But they are usually large facilities so there are lots of machines. They have free dumbells but no barbells only Smith machines. It's a good place for the price but it has a terrible atmosphere.

They're not focused on anything other than making fatties and senior citizens feel comfortable.

Dumbells go up to ~70-80 which isn't a terribly large amount

It can hold you over if you're using dumbells/machines I suppose but it doesn't seem like somewhere I'd want to go

Lunk alarm shit is ridiculous

They have free weights. You can do whatever you need there. It's not anything like the memes on Veeky Forums say.

youtube.com/watch?v=VrYGw-lX2R0

>It's not anything like the memes on Veeky Forums say.
Between the lunk alarm, pizza days, no racks, no barbells it really doesn't seem too far off

>no deadlifting
>only way to squat or bench is with smith machines
>no grunting
>you can do anything there

go in and check it out devil quads

>Wearing gloves
>Calling people out
Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

You walk into Planet Fitness and accidentally trigger the Lunk Alarm. What do you do? Keep in mind that there are about 30 other people looking at you.

Nice quints.

I have a homegym that i do my strength training at. The pf near me has all typea of cardio, massage chairs and tanning booths thats all free with the black card membership. Thinking about dropping 20 and just getting my tan on point before summers officially out and rhen cancelling. Le no commitment works in my favor

Id it were an accident why wpuld anyone assume it was me? In any case id just start waving my hand in front of my face like john cena

You still have to pay to cancel early

Why the fuck do you guys care about the pizza days at planet fitness? Literally just don't eat it lol... it's optional. not like you need to have a slice to enter the gym.

Pizza day isn't a problem to people that aren't retards, but it does highlight that PF are actively targeting your gains.

it's for fat fucks and cardio bunnies
if you're trying to lose weight and can't incorporate weights it's the perfect place for your degenerate ass

Having pizza at a gym is like having booze at an AA meeting. Why would you have it there when a good chunk of your target membership has no willpower and is there because they're trying to lose weight?

Looking at it logically it's a very clever but transparently awful way to keep the cash rolling in. They're a gym for fat, lazy people; they need to keep staying fat and lazy for PF to make money.

Pic related

Someone check em

Anytime fitness my brotha'
>literally the biggest fitness company on earth
>most profitable franchise
>most gyms
>located in 20+ countries

One day I will set off the lunk alarm. It shall be glorious.

There is a ton of goofy shit there, but for 10 bucks a month it's a great deal and the one I use is conveniently located by my work. They have freeweights up to 80lbs and smith machines, which I hate but found ways to use. It's nothing like the body-building gym I used to frequent where scary-looking hulk men roamed around (but they were cool friendly dudes).

>limited selection, endless stupid treadmills, but you can probably still make good use of it

the only way I would attend such a shithole is if I was just starting my fitness journey as a hamplanet and just wanted to make more physical movements other than lifting a fork to my mouth.

I can't believe how big these places are, yet there''s nothing worth a shit in there.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVVjF8S3gzE

>you should go to a gym because it makes a lot of money
kys

the anytime fitness in my town has one of the hottest chicks i've ever seen at it (married unfortunately)

it was too expensive though. i'm at the YMCA now and it has an indoor track and 3 pools