CUTTING GENERAL THREAD

how are my eternal cutting bros holding up?

how close are you guys to your goal?

share your favorite cutting recipes, stories, feels itt

well i bulked from 160 to 180 a year ago. the plan was to cut but its not happening lel

hello i am 5'9 ~185 lookin to drop 20 more lbs before it gets cold so i can winterbulk

my current shit is only eating dinner every other day

today i have had two ice coffees and they were choice let me tell you

tonight i will probably not sleep well due to the elevated adrenaline and cortisol from fasting

life is okay

>tonight i will probably not sleep well due to the elevated adrenaline and cortisol from fasting

well that's not very good
if fasting is impacting your sleep routine then it is impacting your gains

whole point of cutting is to get leaner while preserving gains

I'm not going to tell you to stop fasting or anything but stay safe user

It's going.
Cottage cheese and tuna in water are godsends, and a massive bowl of salad with chicken, cottage cheese and a bit of pasta comes in at 1500 calories, giving me dinner for two days.

Current diet, if anyone cares:
Breakfast:
>2 slices of oat bread with 240 grams of tuna and sriracha - 460 kcal

Dinner:
>Half a bowl of aforementioned chicken salad, 750 kcal

Pre-workout/offering to the back-snap gorilla:
>2 bananas - 250 kcal

Post-workout
>10 Ritz crackers and 120 g of tuna - 280 kcal

I went from 140 kilos to 105 and then kinda just lingered there for over a year before I realised I had fucked myself out of going shirtless this summer too orz

Been going strong a couple weeks now, and I've been down to 94 kilos after I took ill and puked my guts out for a moment, but it's working out well apart from that. I'm not very good at estimating this (Trying to play it by the mirror), but I'd say I want to be around 80-85 kilos, so I've still got a fair bit to go.

Gonna see about grabbing some bags of veggies and microwaving them with my breakfast, or just keeping them in the house if I feel like snacking on something.

Lifts have yet to suffer from this, but it feels like I take longer to recover between sessions.

Mfw just reached 135lbs today. Only 10-15 more lbs to go until I can start maintaining and focusing on lifting more. I've been focusing on cardio more than my lifting lately because I'm trying to drop these last few lbs.

>cut from 205 to 180
>time flies
>rarely get cravings
>usually only indulge once a week and still keep everything in my macros
>Down from 180 to 175
>every sugary thing looks fucking amazing
>craving candy
>craving booze
>craving spicy fried food full of carbs

I still have 25 pounds left FUCK

fugg my gains desu user i just can't be fat anymore it has to go i can get gains later

thanks for caring tho : 0 )

how small r u

Not a manlet, kek. I'm a 5'6 grill, didn't want to fempost but I guess I should've added that in to avoid the confusion.

dreaming about food sucks

at least fasting makes shitty food taste better when i finally do get to eat

what weight did you start at

169lbs at my heaviest, roughly 4.5 months ago. Cutting at 1200 cals, lifting (deads, squats, rows, curls--just a little bit for now since I don't eat enough to make serious gains) and I do cardio (running, biking, swimming)

Dropped a significant amount of weight in a good amount of time imo, just wanna lose 10-15 more lbs.

Down to 198 from 225 lbs.
Eating is fine, it's the booze thats getting me. Switched from beer to spirits but I'm drinking every night so my tolerance is going up.
Feels bad to plateau, I think I might be putting 2-3 pounds back on in my face but It makes my heart stop hurting emotionally.
>never gonna make it

Currently 86 and I want to cut down to about 75.
Been at it for a week only.

Breakfast-
>1 whole egg 3 whites omlete with some low fat turkey and 2 whole wheat crackers.

Lunch:
>Buckwheat with some steamed chicken or tilapia

Dinner: fresh salad with tuna.

I drink about 3 liter of water a day.
I lift 3 days a week and the 2 days cardio.

Am I going to make it?

why do you drink user

nice cool good stuff

you need some veggies user

Isn't the salad enough? I throw in a good variety of veggies in there.

Heart was broken by a she-devil.

Not so well m8.
I'm not motivated anymore.
I stopped lifting and got back in the candy/chocolate.
Not sleeping.

Why am i beeing a fag about it?

oh word my bad right, i'd just say to mix in other fish besides tuna cause of mercury

empty bottles don't fix hearts user

>tfw muh enternal chubby face is starting to go away

fuark I am starting to look good, if I hadnt been half assing it Id prob be dine by now, oh well

u too comfortable

make urself uncomfortable so u change

nofap and fasting help

Literally almost me. I'm at 84 (managed to gain 7 kilos since march), and want to get down to 75-74. I run 3x week and lift 3x week. Lost a kilo since mid july when I started running again, rebuilding my aerobic base to be able to run 5k. Now I'm at 4,5 at 33 minutes. In january I was doing 5k in 27 mins.

It's amazing how you derail just a little and everything goes to shit.

>seeing jawline and cheekbones for the first time in ur life

bretty gud motivation :DDD

we can do it together

>fugg my gains desu user i just can't be fat anymore it has to go i can get gains later

if you're obese looking to lose weight asap trust me that you wanna lift some weights

cutting without lifting = skinny fat mode which is horrible to be in

start lifting heavy right now unless you wanna look like pic related, someone who is at a healthy weight, but looks like shit due to no muscle mass

but then again Im only blowing the wind you gotta set the sail brah

We're all going to make it user.
I'm 86kg too and I wanna get down to about 70 after stalling at 75 and regressing
Diet is basically
>Discounted veg from supermarkets
>Bulk bought Chicken breasts
>Frozen veg and sweetcorn
>Egg whites
>Cereals with whey powder
>White fish
>Hotsauce
Mixing whey with cereal and nuking it is a go to meal and adding egg whites to cereal and nuking it is another way
Also Mangos are great

>Gonna see about grabbing some bags of veggies and microwaving them with my breakfast

good idea, just keep a keen eye out when you go shopping for them, some of the bags may say "glazed" or something similar which is just more empty calories

obviously, which Im sure you already know, you're gonna wanna go for the plain frozen vegetables

nice progresse btw and keep up the good work

Just started actually paying attention to myself and committing to working out 2 months ago.

Since July I've dropped from 189lbs to 183lbs and am 6ft 2.

bodyfat calcs say my BF% is something like 18%. Looking to drop to 175 or possibly 170 if I don't lose the fat in my gut and man-tit.

From there I don't know if I'll lean bulk back up to the weight I was before. When I started this whole thing the wife told me that she didn't want me to "get big". But now that I have actual biceps, a flat stomach and the start of pecs she rubs them and gets really horny. So I might just ignore her and bulk anyway.

That's of course months away. I thought I would drop more than 6 pounds in 2 months since I was eating at a pretty significant deficit. Maybe I calculated my calories incorrectly or maybe it's because I was hardcore lifting while pounding a high protein diet, so the fat exchanged for muscle or some shit idk.

I had this issue too. I got down to a good weight and thought I could eat some crap for a day but it turned into a week of binging and eating so much food and I got further and further away from my goal. Food would be on my mind and I'd eat everything I could see, packets/bags of sweets multiple cakes huge portions. I'd fart and poop so much it's scary
Start tomorrow user and don't look back then the cravings for chocolate and shit goes away

never been obese but overweight for like a decade

i lift my lifts are just shit (best bench bodyweight, best diddly 3plate, best front squat 2 plate)

being otter-ish for a few months would be fine with me

how about you bro how you doin

good feel my friend

>tfw girls start making strong eye contact

just 10 more lbs, my genetics fucked me despite being under 15% bf its still chubby, gotta go lower

Hovering around 166 atm. I want to cut down to below 160.
The most I ever weighed was 210 lbs, dropped down to 165 from not eating enough + extremely physically demanding job for half a year. Got a hot qt gf and allowed myself to get back to 195.
Getting to below 170 the right way has me in the best shape I've been in my adult life so far. Hoping to get below 160 to be very lean.
I'm never letting myself get fat again.

As a fellow 5'9 guy, you will need to drop more than that to be lean enough to justify bulking. You better be either wide as fuck, or benching 2.5plate+ if you think 165 is bulking range.

This. I'm 5'9, and I'll need to be around 155 to be lean enough for bulking. Currently 170 right now, so not much longer till I can start.

Bro, my biggest challenge is crisps.
I'll sit down and eat a bag like a fat fuck and feel content for a moment.
Then the aftertaste comes. You know, the greasy mouthfeel, the fake flavourings, the hairy tongue...
And then, if I go lifting afterwards, I feel like complete and utter shit, and maybe I somehow got gas from it and wanna skip out on the squats because if you let one rip while at the bottom you might lose tightness and fail the rep. And maybe deads too because I'm just not feeling it today.
And then the aftertaste of a missed training session with a hint of disappointment starts building up in the back of the throat to mix with the aftertaste of the crisps and I become only that much more determined to stick to my diet the next time.

I'm just telling you because I think you might be having it the same way, and I'd suggest you get to the gym ASAP and try to go through a chocolate-fueled workout and realise how much better you feel when you fuel your body with real food instead and get back on track with your diet and training.

Meh it's going good
172lbs at 5'7"
Need to lose 27lbs and I'll be joining the human race again.

I'm coming down from 270lbs at 5'11
currently 185lbs

been lifting for the past 7 months, not sure when I started eating less though

for reps my
ohp is 115lbs
bench is 155lbs
low bar squat 250lbs
and diddy is 3pl8 as well

it's getting imposible to add weight to my ohp and bench though I swear

About to start cutting my bros. I gained almost 20 pounds like the fat fuck I am and let my exercise slip... Starting paleo and lifting schedule tomorrow. I'm 5'8" (inb4 manlet) and I'm trying to get down to 150. Currently at 180.

thanks for the insight bros

i guess my raggedy bones will be cold this winter without fats or mussels to protect them

i am just glad to not be as disgusted by myself in the mirror

gf sabotage is real

damn i hope i never break 200. good stuff bro

TL;DR never been under 11% and want to, struggling.
5'10, 11% BF, 31" waist, 54" shoulders early 20s, B/S/D 260,375,525
Alright guys I need genuine help. When bulking, I was eating 4500~ kCal max weight was 214lbs. Started cuttin, Now I'm somewhat around 190. Caliper measurements put me at 10.7-11% body fat and I'm eating around 2500 kCal now (TDEE) I work a physical job, I do German volume training, but I don't do cardio. I cover my vitamins, take fish oil and turmeric and biotin (for hair lol) I'm really trying to hit single digit body fat, I never have been probably in my lifting life, I'm sitting here about to make a 2500kcal Meal plan high carb low fat high protein. Should I add cardio?

Can I cut 10-15kg in 4 months without losing all me gains?

You might be able to cut 10kg if you are super strict and do a bunch of cardio but you are definitely gonna lose gains. 15kg just isn't happening.

I'm a fat manlet, 25 years old, 5'6" and about 190. Goal weight is probably 140. I have a bit of muscle, but not much. Would it be better to just do a hard cut down to my low weight and start bulking from there, or just recomp from where I'm at?

Additionally, can you cut without counting calories at my height? When I count I get neurotic, and so far, inevitably failed when I get frustrated.

This, eternal bulk, I'm gonna hate cutting like 20kgs of fat

you can do it in steps, lose 10 lbs on a hardcut and then recomp for two weeks, e.g.

Yeah but neither does playing video games, traveling, therapy, new friends, spending money, lifting, running or fapping. You cant fill the void but I dont know how to close it either.
>inb4 be a sick cunt not a sad cunt

is dat u nigga, u look good. nice style

>become the void

face ur demons dont hide, either the easy way through hallucinogens or the hard way through meditation

Kek. Is me. I want single digit body fat

pretty good, slow cut, getting stronger as i get leaner

6'1", 240 pound fatty down to 180, which is the goal I originally set a year ago. I could probably stand to cut a little more, but I'm fucking hungry. Going to bulk for the rest of the year, and then cut again after new years with a higher TDEE.

cutting right now, from 223 to 213 in 15 days

And shit like this is why I don't bulk, ''cause I know myself and that fat ain't going away once it's on me. Slow and steady wins the race.

Keto?

(Axe me how I know.)

no, just a few changes in meals, no fat, almost no carbs and a 6k walk every day.

>cottage cheese
enjoy your sodium
try replacing it with greek yogurt, same macros about but way less sodium

Started bulking this January, was mad skinny fat and went from ~180 to ~200, was a little more buff at the end but still dyel and had more flab. Been cutting since a little ways into July.

At first it was very hard to even eat 250 less than my TDEE (my TDEE is 2800), but now I'm eating 1500-2000 cals a day easy and lift about 3x a week and cardio about 3x a week. Weight has been getting lost fairly quickly, already down to 185. I usually cheat once or twice a week, but lately I've probably been at my TDEE everyday for the past 5 days or so. Getting serious again today.

What should my macros be? I usually try to keep everything fairly balanced, but I find it hard to eat low carb. My suggestion to anyone starting a cut: coffee can help keep you awake (so you don't get fatigued from being hungry) and even cut down your appetite, so use it liberally if need be. My cravings are always the worst after a really good day in the gym.

I'm sorry lads

I just had a thick, white bread, nutella sandwich. I didn't even spread thinly.

these things happen. it's alright. we're all gonna make it

Fuuuuug, I'm on a cut right now and I just can't get my tone back. On the bright side, I only really need to drop 5 more kg and I should be aright

I tend to load my diet with mushrooms during cuts. Decent protein, low calories, pretty filling.

I need to cut before my chest surgery so I can get better results.

Hiw tall are you?

I'm 6'7" and weigh 350lbs (cutting), I've been averaging 2000 calories and feel way too full. I don't feel tired, my cardio nor lifts are not suffering, I go heavy on protein and healthy fats (thanks Scooby).

If I keep this up, will bad things happen?

This is dinner. God help me

a little depressing

don't worry better times are ahead

if they're not than it's just kind of extra funny

RIP

182 down to 175 after a week and a half, gonna go down until im at 160.

>Room mates just bought granola, oreos, fudge cookies, and cereal.

FUCK.

>pre-ground pepper

get fucked

Cutting tip: mix 40% olive oil,50% líquid vaseline,10% water. Use it on your salads. Helps avoiding high amount of calories from oil.

>move to medical school and have complete control of my diet for the first time in 2 years
>6'2 233 pounds 3 weeks ago
>Down to 219 today.
Feels good, I'd like to drop at least another 20 though. After keeping a super strict diet for about a week, eating less/healthier stopped being difficult. Just need to get passed those food withdraws.

fatfuck reporting

started at 361 in march

about 290 now

i'm 6'1

what sucks is my face looks really skinny now but the rest of my body is fat. although i have 24 inch shoulders so i dont look like a planet. just fat as fuck. i'm hoping for 160 by august next year

i eat 1500 cals a day

My eternal cut is taking forever. I'm eating healthy but having a hard time staying in keto. I might just go back to lean chicken breast every meal. It was working pretty good then.

also, been lifting since april

stats rn (5rm)

low bar squat: 150 (going up but its getting really hard, I guess because im squatting 100+ pounds of fat too)

OHP: 120 (going up)

bench: 160 (going up but getting hard)

DL: not sure but 2pl8 is fairly easy for me, i could probably do 3pl8 for a couple reps but thats it

row: 135 (going up)

Try chicken , fish, shrimps,tuna as proteíns, no carbs except a toast with cottage cheese for breakfast,a lots of veggies, water, fruits, non fat yogurts

Aren't fruits anti-keto?

I'm not doing keto, just common sense, works for me 10 lb in 15 days

I went to kfc and had 6 nuggets. time to kill myself

over pepper dude? really?

That seems excessive, you should really aim for a maximum of 2lbs a week if you don't want to lose all your gains, otherwise, you'll end up looking like shit.
Although it's mostly fine if you have no gains to lose, I hope you're lifting, though.

autism is a helluva drug

>Down from 180 to 175
>I still have 25 pounds left FUCK

jesus how tall are you?

>about 290 now
>i'm 6'1
>i eat 1500 cals a day

Seems like too low calories for your size

> i'm hoping for 160 by august next year

Why on earth are you TRYING for hungry skeleton mode?