Squat depth?

how far down do you guys squat and how come?
also is your back supposed to be as strong as your chest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x522dB-4y2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you can't do more pullups than the number of reps you can bench your body weight, you need to work on your back. Else it will lead to health problems.
However, I am not a doctor, so you should probably just ask one.

Go to parallel

Don't listen to the retards that say ATG most people do not have the mobility to go anywhere near that.

havent done pullups in awhile but my lat pulldowns are 30 lbs behind my bench. used to be able to do 30 pullups at a time though.

A human should be able to do an atg squat naturally. Our lifestyle makes us lose that ability. So if anything you should work on getting that mobility back

This low
>I don't have the mobility
>therefore, instead of working on my mobility, I should act as though it's a non-issue and ignore it
lol
I guarantee that you will never even hit a 4 plate squat.

POO

I'm half black and half white. Nice attempt at discrediting my post with a meme though. Dyel?

d e s i g n a t e d

Most people have horrific lower back rounding if they try to go to ATG. A beginner should not be doing that until their mobility is good enough.

Hip crease below the knee. ATG is a meme and all of these faggots saying otherwise are just that. You should be able to clean as much as you can bench to be balanced.

t. Somebody who can ATG squat most of Veeky Forums's max for 8+ reps

this
why would you add weights on your back when you are not even functional enough to do a bodyweight squat, let alone a pistol squat.

Anything past parallel is alright as long as you're able to keep your back from rounding

>I guarantee that you will never even hit a 4 plate squat
>those legs
get past 2plate yourself before you go around spouting bullshit

See Then work on your mobility. Duh. Go as low as possible at first, then progressively work your way to atg.

s h i t t i n g

>dyel who squats 3 plate max calling out the way others legs look
Nice try dude.

didn't refute the point tho

I don't have big legs. Sure. But I can atg 450lbs at 181lbs bw. Can you?
>inb4 NUH UH THOSE LEGS AINT BIG ENUFF
D
Y
E
L

Slightly below parallel. This goes for both low and high bar.

i can't keep my chest up when i do a high bar back squat. it leaves me in a situation where i hit the safety rails if i go to parallel.

IN

Learn to brace, user.

Ankle flexibility + oly lifting shoes
This stretch is great

Also

i'll work on it, i thought i had it down kek

i thought oly lifting shoes just help you ignore improve ankle flexibility rather than improve it. and ouch, i'll have to try working up to that stretch

thank you anons

>i thought oly lifting shoes just help you ignore improve ankle flexibility rather than improve it.
They can to some degree, but they're definitely beneficial in every way

Are you really this fucking dumb? Your back is supposed to be STRONGER than your chest

More of this. I want to fix my mobility. What else should I be stretching daily in order to achieve this? Ankles, hamstring, hip flexor, anything else and specific stretches?

is this good tech

Try these youtu.be/x522dB-4y2w

Mostly fine, just try not to dip forwards the way you did coming out of the hole

Yea i know, its fixed easily by keeping my elbows close to my body. Still not used to it to be honest, but im working on it.

Are you clenching your shoulder blades together? Far easier to keep your elbows close that way.

No just pointing them down towards the floor i meant

LOO

Ah, ok

A weighted barbell squat is not exactly the same as the natural 'human resting position' squat. There's different mechanical considerations to take into account.