Symmetric Strength Bread

post'em

>4-5 months lifting
>still blueman mode
Why doesnt this site take height into account?
Seems like a pretty important factor..

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't worry, many losers on here e-stat.

Height Doesn't matter since you're obviously a Manlet and/or dyel

(You)

What's your routine?

Don't worry, man. Working out for 10 months and still blue. Although I'd be intermediate if I lost like 50 lbs.

Also:
>Why doesnt this site take height into account?

Height doesn't directly increase your strength. What directly increases your strength is lean body mass. So if you have a higher lean body mass, you should be able to lift a whole lot more. It doesn't matter if you're 5'7" or 6'4"

>Why doesnt this site take height into account?
Because it's not. Keep in mind any lifting is always classified by weight. Taller people tend to be also heavier but the height itself is not the determinant factor.

>he fell for the squat meme
wow. very funny

6 months in SS
Moving to texas method soon

Just hit "Proficient" on my pullup set yesterday. I was really happy, since doing my first pullup was one of my biggest goals when I started getting into fitness.

Hit full intermediate at 6 months, starting at subpar/untrained skelly
>mfw going back and lifting the weight I started at for perspective

Im a skinny fat, who is just started week 4 of SS.

MAKING IT
A
K
I
N
G

I
T

How did you start ? plz help

My lats are so undertrained to the point that when i do pull ups its mostly my shoulders and arms doing the work that I don't feel it in my lats at all

Try to get a doorframe pullup bar at home and vary your grip style and width.

Do easy sets, like 1-3 every thirty minutes all day

Do 3 max effort sets on some days.

>tfw novice after two years.

I think I've actually stopped caring too.

You're probably pointing your elbows inwards, try to keep them in the horizontal line your torso is.

Another exercises that helped my lats greatly was the pull over.

maybe that was the real gain

Maybe.

I have short arms and short femurs which means I should focus a lot on bench and sumo deadlift but I'd rather pull conventional and just do OHP instead. I am my own gains goblin.

Do seated rows. Play around with the different handles such as close grip neutral grip, wide grip overhand grip etc etc.
Now do the same with pull downs.

Also skinny fat. We'll make it, brah

Why don't any of y'all post yo real bodies i mean like come on lol

>Calisthenics
Never again.

This, I don't know what is wrong with me(intermediate/novice borderline)

Competing in oly lifting. Ohp, front squat and push press are my strongest basic lifts

I also fell for the Calisthenics meme in my early lifting career.

Not even close to hitting red though, what lifts are giving you that result?

old fag here
what's this new fangled site?

lurk more

symmetricstrength.com/

I'm all novice (except intermediate in squats) after 4 months of StrongLifts. Only 5kg in other lifts off intermediate all around though. FeelsGoodMan. Gonna be slow from here though.

I fell for *street workout* meme and did all kinds of pull ups. Like archer pull ups and so on. My peak was like 10 muscle ups and 3 ohp each. Even brought weighted vest(10 kg). Worked legs like once in a week. And this shitfest lasted like 2 years.

Schutz Staffeln + accessories
But I was thinking, it is easier for a shorter guy not only to just gain mass, but also just do exercises, like the rom in the bench is smaller
>Lean body mass = Strength
But 2 people withe the same lean mass and different heights will rate differently, because the shoet guy will have an easier time lifting
Fucking how
OP, can do maybe 3 pullups, cant get a doorframe bar, and the bars at the park near me got destroyed. I'm doing chinups on SS day A and vbar pulldows on DL day

went form 70kg bench to 90kg in 2 months

I'm green after more thab one year of v lifting

fatass going to box for 2 months here

I may be able to backsquat more but that was my last highest before deload

Between 4 and 5 month btw , started with a mix of subpar untrained and novice .

3 months into SS. Am I doing ok?

Looking good to me

Neat. Now I just need to work on my diet. I'm only 60kg at 5'8". Going to try and aim for 2850 calories per day so I don't gain too much fat when I'm bulking. How does that sound?

>the short guy will have an easier time lifting
Everyone has different leverages so this is not correct.
Short dude with long arms is gonna suck dick at the bench, tall dude with short arms is gonna suck dick at the deadlift. Height only really matters as the starting position of the deadlift is relatively higher for short people, otherwise it's all variable.

Half a year SS, still Grimace mode.

Tell me Veeky Forums, do I need GOMAD?

If you don't like being outlifted by manlets then eat more until you become the manlet of your weightclass.

Not fat powerlifter reporting in, lifting about 1.5 years.

>tfw this after 1.5 years of lifting
Don't half ass it, guys.

That's probably me in 1.5 years

I lifted on and off since highschool and was a wrestler how am I?

How long lifting?

Show us your 1RMs rainbow man

How? I'm stuck at 72.5. tomorrow I'll start doing incline DB as an accessory for the first time, see if it works

Real body pic pls?

Heil Hitler dubs and Satans score.

You're pure evil

I'm , someone wanted to see my quads so I snapped this earlier today.

I'm about what you'd expect. My arms are about 16.5 inches flexed though.

That's some wisdom right there

Why are your quads less aesthetic than your torso

two and half years, but I've been very on and off about it. In total I've lifted consistently maybe half of that time in bursts of a few months.

Genetics? I can't really answer that question.

damn, looks good dude

edited meant for

Holy shit it's captain planet.

Sounds a bit excessive , I'm at 2700 at 63 kg 5'7" and i'm slowly gaining .
But I don't do jackshit beside SS .

I burn around 200 calories on the treadmill each time I go to the gym (3 days per week) and also occasionally do hill walking so I think it's maybe necessary. I've been eating somewhere around 2500 calories atm and not gaining a single pound.

I'm doing something wrong

wtf is wrong with your deadlift?

I've been lifting for a month. I'm good at benching, I did it quite a bit over a year ago when I went to the gym. Back then I had a lot of knee complications and couldn't squat or deadlift, so I gave up

Also, I can't do a chin up yet, I've just been using the lay pull down machine. I just put 1 rep since I can't use zero

5'10 190, for the curious

(Me)

My roller coaster of weight for reference , I fixed a 2600 limit but I often go past it so it's closer to 2700.

Autism

>Guess my height :^)

That looks like your weight is just being maintained desu senpai

here

4th week of Greyskull LP, from full blue to this
>tfw actually LPing

182cm, 80kgs

1 month in, blue man showing up.

Doing a PPL aesthetics focused program, also I weigh 112kg right now (7kg down) and am eating over 1500kcal below TDEE.

21, Score is 90.2, body pls get stronk

currently climbing to 6plate squats so we'll see what happens

don't like this site, doesn't account for enough variables.

What are your comp lifts/class?

4got pic oops

You may be right , but i'm scared of gaining fat ( former fatass) I'll up that shit to 2850 and see how it go .

69kg class might be moving up to 77 during the year but not 100% sure. Dropping weight is annoying. Snatch 90kg c&j 120kg

Ayy lmao, how does this work. these lifts should be all subpar

>Those lifts
>That bodymap
are you really physically strong but technically weak? something doesn't add up right thurr

How much do you fucking weigh?

Eat more

well my front squat is 140kg and max clean is 124 so i think it's going ok when comparing those. Snatch def needs some work on tech.

my other lifts for comparison (keep my bw in mind):
DL 180kg
push press 110kg
ohp 80kgx2
BS miserably around 150-160
power clean 105

give those to a 70kg guy on the site and see the map

That is not possible.
Nice b8

it's relative to you weight

is this good for a guy that has only been lifting for two months?

forgot pic

>quads are finally no longer purple

i'm happy

I have been going to the gym for 1y and only started seriously for about 6 months, and this is my first strength program

tfw cant bench much.

>355 lb back aquat
>proficient

meanwhile my back squat is 220 and exceptional...