/RG/ routine general

Ive posted my routine a couple of times but got mixed rates. Lets try one more time.
Its basicly GSLP without the AMRAP. And quite a few accessories.
Heres my accessories:
On OHP day: bb curls, lateral raises, facepull and 5x10 seated db ohp (50% of normal ohp)
Bench day: incline flyes, triceps, lat pulldown
On friday front squats on top of low bar squats (50% of working weight)
Is it just retartedly too much? Ive been on GSLP for almost a year but Ive been training on a deficit so only minor gains. Starting my first bulk.
OHP 52kg 3x5
Bench 80kg 3x5
Squat 100kg 3x5
Deadlift 115kg 1x5

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/Dorian_Yates/status/510534764940783616/photo/1
dropbox.com/s/a0tlbo2wt3gbgjt/Push_Pull_Legs Split.docx?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>triceps
What did he mean by this?

I dont know man, it does seem a bit too much volume, ESPECIALLY seeing how you've been on a deficit, and your lifts are pretty low.
After a lot of tinkering I've settled down on this.
incline db because the Bench is the slowest of my lifts, RDL for grip and hammies, facepulls for my kyphosis, dips because dips are awesome and right now V-handle pulldowns, if my ohp starts laggin too much I'll switch

goblet squats

if im cutting on gslp, do i need to lower the volume during the workout?

yes

Usually I do standing tricep extension

Shit I meant to write that every accessorie is 2x12-15
Except db press wich is 5x10

how would I do this, remove 1 set off of each exercise. also, should i be aiming to maintain my strength during a cut or gain strength?

ABxCDxx

A:
>Bench 3x5
>OHP 5x5 (80-90%)
>Lying Tricep Ext. 3x10
>Lateral Raises 3x10

B:
>Squat 3x5
>Deadlift 3x5 (80-90%)
>Chin Ups 3x8
>Back Ext. 3x10

C:
>OHP 3x5
>Bench 5x5 (80-90%)
>Dips 3x10
>Face Pull 3x10

D:
>Deadlift 1x5
>Squat 5x5 (80-90%)
>Row 3x5
>Curl 3x10

How does this look Veeky Forums? Planning on running it during my next bulk in a couple weeks time. Gonna try a linear progression to get my lifts back to where they were before my cut. Wondering if there's anything missing/needs changed?

Lower A
Squats - 3x5
RDL - 3x8
Lunges - 2x8
Leg Curl - 2x8
Straight Calf Raise - 3x12/Ab Work 3x12 superset

Upper A
Bench - 3x5
Chest Supported Row - 3x8
Incline Bench - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Face Pulls 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x12/Overhead Tricep Ext 2x12 superset

Lower B
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg Extensions - 2x12
Leg Curl - 2x12
Seated Calves 3x15/Ab Work 3x15 superset

Upper B
Military Press - 3x5
Pull-ups - 3x8
Flat DB Bench - 3x8
Cable Row - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Flys 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x15/Tricep Pressdown 2x15 superset

all me.
I would do dips instead of the extensions, it's compound and uses more range of motion.
and also ditch the seated ohp, you already do the lateral raises, you're gonna overtrain
and it would still be a LOT of volume
You cannot gain strength on a cut
You need to choose, either lose strength or eat at a surplus

Okay so the db press is going down the gutter. But theres no dip station at my gym.
And I know I have to eat a surplus. I said in the OP Im starting to bulk.

then do the flies, one accessory to the BP is enough

So my accessories would be:
On OHP day: bb curls, lateral raises, facepull
Bench day: incline flyes, standing one handed skullcrusher, lat pulldown
On friday front squats on top of low bar squats (50% of working weight)
Everything done 2x12

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

----A----
Squats 3x5
Weighted Dips 3x5
Light deadlifts 3x5
Weighted Pull ups 3x5
Dead hangs 3xF

----B----
Squats 3x5
Overhead press 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Weighted Chin ups 3x5

What do you think of 2suns 5/3/1? Looks fun

IMO, there no advantage on doing 80%-90% of the intensity but same volume. Lowering it 70% and doubling the volume would be a wiser choice, so you get a strength day and a hypertrophy day for each exercise; plus, it'll manage the progress better.

What do you think? It's a slightly modified PHUL routine. I am quite happy with my progress overall, both in strength and size, only OHP progress is slower than expected.. Should I add some shoulder exercises?

ABxCDxx

A
Squats 3x3
DL 3x3
Leg extension 4x10
Leg curl 4x10
Calf raises 4x12

B
Bench 3x3
Incline bench 2x5
Barbell row 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x8
Biceps 3x10
Triceps 3x10

C
Squat 3x8
SLDL 4x8
Leg press 3x12
Leg extension 3x12
Calf raises 4x15

D
Seated OHP 3x8
Bench 3x8
Cable row 2x8
Chin-up 4x8
Cable crossover 3x12
Biceps 2x15
Triceps 2x15

Squat 3x4-6,6-8,8-10
Bench 3x10,8,6 straight
farmers walks
Crunches

Military press 3x10,8,6
Close grip bench 3x8-10
rows 3x8-10

conventional Deadlift 2x4-6,6-8
rdl 1x8-10
shrugs 3x8-10
incline bench db curls 3x8-10

Squat and dead are done with the heviest set first, decrease 10% each set (last dl set is romanian dls). bench and military press are done working up to a heavy 6 reps.

I like the idea, but can somebody explain to me why this is preferred over a regular tricep/chest-back/biceps/shoulder-Legday-split?

Hitting body parts twice a week is best for natties brah

R8

All 8-12 rep range except squats, diddies and ohp, which are 5

r u on roids and have 5+ yrs of experience? then this might work

AxxBxxx

Workout A:

Lat Pulldown 2x5, 1x5-10
Standing OHP 2x5, 1x5-10
Sumo Deadlift 1x5-10

Workout B:

Inverted Row* 2x5, 1x5-10
Push-ups* 2x5, 1x5-10
Sumo Deadlift 1x5-10

*Weight vest with 3 lb increments

What does Veeky Forums think?

Is it balanced?

I'm doing 5/3/1 for my compound lifts.

Bench/OHP days I do weighted chin ups, LTE or tricep pushdowns, hanging leg raises and calf work

Dead/Squat days I do Hanging leg raises, weighted decline crunches, weighted chin ups and calf work

(Calve are really lagging)

Anything else I should be adding? Haven't stalled on any lifts yet, only in my second cycle of 5/3/1 though. Don't care too much about aesthetics, just want to be big and strong.

maybe some glute ham raises on the lower body day, and i prefer curls over direct tricep work

thoughts?

progression

Volume is absolutely retarded but goddamn are the gains phenomenal

why no squats? i would change one of the days to squats, and do at least 2 sets for each dl/squat. also, inverted rows and pushups are gret but you'll want to move onto dumbbells or barbells as you get stronger

good routine tho otherwise

Help my with this.
First time in the gym im gonna add curls on row days its ok?
Gonna start slow and trying good form. In my gym the pt is a curl bro so... Im a bit lost

not a fan of the whole alternate per week thing but you could do this if you want curls

A:
Squat
bench
Barbell row

B:
Press
Deadlift
Barbell curl

C:
Bench
chinup
Squat

all 3x5, same progression stuff applies

Thanks for the feedback. Any reason why you think weight vest pushups would need to be traded for bench?

For context, I own a weight vest that will go up to 120 lbs in 3 lb increments.

Right now, pushups are about 150 lbs of resistance at my bodyweight, so the maxed out vest should equal a 270 bench, no?

Bareback greyskull is:
Bench/OHP 2x5, 1x5+AMRAP
Squat 2x5, 1x5+AMRAP (mon and fri) or Deadlift 1x5+AMRAP (wed).

what progression use on PPLxPPL split?

hey if you have a vest that goes up that high more power to you. eventually you may find benching better for muscular development, thats all.

loading the vest is gonna become a freakin hassle man, but if you can do it ok then go nuts.

Doing fight club routine in the app progression anyone else use this routine?

Is it pic related? cuz it's fucking mad bro i got stacked. Don't forget protein powder and pre-workout i think that's what really made the difference for me bro

Asked this last thread but didn't get a response. Is there any difference in lat gains between pull ups and chin ups?

Pull:
Bent Over Barbell Row - 3 x 8-12
Lat Pulls - 5 x 8-12
Low Row - 3 x 8-12
T bar Row - 5 x 8-12
Single Arm DB row - 3 x 8-12
Face Pulls - 3 x 8-12
Hammer Curl - 3 x F
Strict Curl - 3 X F

Push:
DB Press - 5 x 8-12
DB Shoulder Press - 3 x 8-12
Incline BB Bench - 5 x 5
Military Press - 5 x 5
Skull Crushers - 3 x F
Cable Pushdown - 3 x 8-12
Side Lat Raise - 3 x 8-12
Shrugs - 3 x F
Overhead Cable Curls - 3 x F

Legs:
Squats - 5 x 5
Leg Press - 5 x 8-12
Leg Extensions - 5 x F
Leg Curls - 3 x 8-12
Seated Calf Raise - 3 X F
Lunges - 3 x 8-12
Cable Crunch - 5 x F

Deadlift day:
Deads - 1 x 20, 1 x 14, 1 x 8, 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 3, 1 x 1, dropset
SL DL - 3 x 8-12
Hyperextensions - 3 x 8-12
Pizza - 1 x F

brah, you are doing your main 4 lifts once a week. I recommend you do the lifts twice to also get the tecnique down. Would you shoot free throws once a week as a pro baller?

given that you do them with the same grip width, no. There's not much difference.

In theory, chin ups stretch the lats more, but pull ups use the lats more.

Got it thanks. You think a PHUL type routine would be better?

So it's just a difference in more bicep or more forearm

Do you set your arms the exact same place every time?
Are your hands placed on the exact same place reltive to you torso every single time?
Do you go down and up and the exact same place on every rep?

Just fucking do bench press. Using a bench press will also get you stronger doing push ups, but push ups have a limited transference compared to vice versa.

Get strong in bench and you push up will up up. Your program seems like a good strength program so why limit your self?

Also please stop counting your bw when doing push ups as you aren't literally supporting your entire weight on your arms. If you don't believe me, just load up your 270 lb bench and find out.

Thanks. I was reading the assistance section of starting strength and noticed that Rip said push ups use more muscle than bench. He said that weighted pushups would be superior to bench if loading the weight was practicle (he only seemed to consider loading pushups with plates on the back and not vests).

Also, I figure going to one arm eventually would double the max resistance to the equivalent of a 540 bench (one can dream).

My, my, you are rude. My bodyweight is 215 lbs.

Using a scale, the resistance in push up position is around 150 lbs.

Understand?

>going to one arm with a weighted vest
enjoy your fucked shoulders
>equivalent of a 540 bench
you do realize that you aren't pushing 270 pounds when doing pushups right? Is this bait, or do you weigh 600 pounds?

If the scale says 270 lbs in pushup position, it is 270 lbs.

Basically, yes. And describes why you're gonna hear different answers from alot of different people. You can usually use more weight in chin ups, but the pull up is a mechanically harder movement (smaller overall smaller muscles involved, lats in slightly weaker position to pull) but you're gonna excel at the movement you do the most. For lat gains, grip width matters more than whether you do chin/pull ups.

Usually bro's scream "WIDE GRIP FOR MORE LATS", but here's 6 time Mr. Olympia champion Dorian Yates opinion on the matter:
mobile.twitter.com/Dorian_Yates/status/510534764940783616/photo/1

He was known for his insane lats, but why would he know better than gymbros.

Your program is bretty gud.But to get the technique and movement down, I recommend doing them twice. Doesn't need to be heavy on both days.

Heavy days do your 3x5, light days do you 3x8.

Heavy squats
Light DL

Upper A
Heavy Bench
Light OHP/dumbbell press

Lower B
Heavy DL
Light pause squats, front squats

Upper B
Heavy OHP
Light bench press (maybe paused)

I cannot stress how important it is to get the technique on point. Don't underetimate the effect of low volume to get the groove of a lift ingrained. Hope it helps.

how realistic is it to add 2 pounds a week to lower bdoy lifts and 1 pound a week to upper body lifts (half a pound for ohp) for 1 year (52 weeks) straight?

I did ppl 3 months but I can't lift more than 3 days now. I'm doing this with some accessories for pecs, bicep, triceps and back.

Do you think its OK if I do bench press and Ohp every workout?

If you're new, adding that little per week is actually way below what you can do with a good program and nutrition.

It depends on how you do it, but in most cases no.

Depends on the starting point.

If you start with the bar (45 lbs), then it is easily doable.

Othetwise, it just depends...

Makes sense, thanks. For the DL day would it be ok to just do front squats or should I be doing back squats again? My goals are aesthetics btw.

For option 4, are they are sets of 2 reps? Like is the third one down in the 4th column 8 sets of 2 reps? The routine looks good btw, greg nuckols knows his stuff

>Its basicly GSLP without the AMRAP.

Erm, I believe the AMRAP part is kinda the whole point of GSLP. It makes you deload and have a higher rep/lower weight day when you fail at a certain weight.

what's next idiot, you need to microload the presses too? get out

once you start moving the max weight you can you dont do amrap.
Amrap is really good on deloads I agree

It blows my mind that people refuse to incorporate pump sets into their "strength" programs.

that's the entire point of the amrap sets, extra work during deloads

You can alternate. Most important is to just getting to squat twice. FS or BS will help with both strength gains and aesthetics.

say from a 215 bench, 330 squat, 385 dl and 135 press 1 rep max for all

This. I'm a noob, kinda - I used to work out years ago and did lots of sport as a teen. So some noob gainz combined with muscle memory mean that I make pretty great progress, and I even if I increase with more than what the program has you do (5lbs&2.5lbs) I will still inevitably have a rep or thee left in the tank after that 5th rep on the last set - I need that AMRAP. At some point the super-noob gainz are gonna stop and it just turns into a regular ol' 3x5. But thanx to AMRAP I'll get there faster though.

yes it is reps x sets protocol. in progression notes he wrote to start with option 4.

I'm getting a friend to hop onto the program outlined in the picture, I just had a question about dumbbell exercises and upper body progression in general.

None of the local gyms have 1.25 lb plates, so is progressing 5 lbs every other time an exercise is performed an ok way around this?

I was also wondering how he should progress in the weight of the dumbbells since each increment is 5 lbs per hand. I figure since thee are essentially exercises designed for a pump that weight progression isn't all that vital but it shouldn't be ignored.

Absolute fucking garbage. Go back to your shitty commercial gym with the other retards.

no man its rly good i like it

Buy a pair off amazon. They are dirt cheap.

i just go to my residential gym and go through all the machines. unorganized? absolutely, but my baby gains don't know the difference.

but soon i'll have to get serious if i want to reach my goal body in a few years. (pic related)

I'm doing some bastardized version of madcows.

>Tues
5x5 Bench, Madcows
5x5 Squat
3x5 Weighted Chinups
3x12 Seated Row
3x10 Cable Crossover or w/e for chest
3x10 bicep curls
3x10 trice pulldown

Thursday is about the same, just with Deadlifts thrown in and OHP thrown in. Saturday same as Tues.

>tfw haven't made bench gains in forever
Stuck at 215lb and cannot progress. Kill me. I would take any routine if it was better ,the no bench gains is killing me.

This is a known troll program. How new are you?

A:
DB Inclined Bench 3x5
Squats 3x5
DB Curls 2x10

B:
BB Bent-over Rows 3x5
RDL 3x5
Facepulls 2x10

C:
OHP 3x5
Squats 3x5
Lateral Raises 2x10

AxBxCxx
Can't DL because gym is a little bit autistic (not located on ground floor, octagonal plates).
Comments? Suggestions?

pls respond

Would mixing the hypertrophy and strength program on Candito's Linear Progression be a bad idea? Thinking about going control on lower and hypertrophy on upper

Hows this:
5 day split senpai
Monday: Chest/Biceps

4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-15 reps
3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8
(Do bench press first)
Tuesday: Legs/Calves

4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of Leg Press 8-20 reps
3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
3 sets of Leg Curls 8-15reps
Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.

Wednesday: Back

3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
4 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of long bar Rows 8-15reps
3 sets of barbell Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps
(Deadlifts done first)
Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps

3 sets of bench , go for same weight and reps as Monday at least
4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-15 reps
3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-15 reps
3 sets of front raises 8-15reps
3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
4 sets of Pulldowns 8-15reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-15 reps
Saturday: Full Body (strength)

3 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of Squats 8 reps
3 sets of Leg extensions 10-15 reps (light weight)
I followed this while bulking. Focus on compounds and try to add 2 reps to each accessory exercise each session until you can do 15 reps with that weight. Next session, increase the weight and drop the reps back down to 8
Lower the volume if you're cutting. You might have to adjust the volume to what you can handle too if you're bulking

Looks good

I'm considering Candito's linear program, I was just wondering what % of my heavy lifts I should use on the hypertrophy days

Just started Phrak's GSLP after a break from lifting. What kind of upper body gains can I expect? Goal is to get big and strong.

MON - Chest/Hamstrings

Barbell Bench Press 10x10
Hamstring Curl 10x10

TUE - Back/Shoulders

Barbell Row 10x10
Shoulder Press 10x10

WED - Off

THU - Quads/Traps

Barbell Squat 10x10
Barbell Shrug 10x10

FRI - Calves/Arms

Calf Raise 10x10
Bicep Curl 10x10
French Press 10x10

SAT - Stretching

30 minutes of stretching

SUN - Off

There's like almost no volume so not a lot. Do something more catered for hypertrophy

what? it's just GSLP with accessories

I did around 60-65 %. Not a lot of intensity but that is not the purpose. Since the 5x8 can easily make you fatigued and affect monday, lower the intensity. I know it says hypertrophy but these high rep days are also a great day for you to improve technique since you are doing light weight. You are NOT trying to set pr's on hypertrophy days. Go light, go trough the motion, keep rest time somewhat timed and improve your form.

kys

Texas Method. Pressing emphasis a la one of the models in Lascek's book. Not gay, just think he talks sense.

Mon:
Press volume
close grip bench 3x10
weighted pull ups 3x5

Tue:
Squat volume
RDL 3x8
rows from the floor 3x5
hanging leg raises 3x5-10
heavy holds** 3xf

Thur:
Press intensity
Push press 3x3 (will change to weighted dips 3x3 if i ever get round to building parallel bars)

Fri:
Squat intensity
Deadlift intensity
weighted pull ups 3x5
HLR 3x5-10
heavy holds 3xf**

**matching the deadlift weight of the week, folowed by hanging from fingers along the tippy top of a pull up bar or, if they're available, holds via grabbi thick bumper plates with fingers

What if i do every set as burnout sets? 2-3 times a week

will maybe work for mass/size training but do nothing for strength. and in my own experience, strength = size. good size too not clunky powerlifter shit. best mass gains i ever made was (extremely surprisingly) during Dan John and Pavel Tsatouline's Easy Strength.

Strength endurance and high reps = size.
Strength just equals strength.

Do you know any routine that follows the burnout method in every sets? do they exist?

xAxB repeat
Upping the weight on all exercises everytime I manage to do 3x5, deload to 90% if I fail 2 times in a row.

A
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
DL 1x5
Weighted Dips 3x5
"Cheat" Curls 3x5 (little bit of momentum on eccentric, slow on concentric)

B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
DL 1x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5
"Cheat" Lateral Raises 3x5 (little bit of momentum on eccentric, slow on concentric)

--Monday--
Squat 5x5 80% of 5RM
Bench 5x5 80% of 5RM
--Tuesday--
Squat 2x5 64% of 5RM
Bench 3x5 64% of 5RM
Leg Press 3x12
--Friday--
Squat 1x5 100% of 5RM
Bench 1x5 100% of 5RM
Dead 1x5 100% of 5RM

*At the start of the next week add 5 lbs to all of Friday's lifts and readjust the rest of the week's weight accordingly in order to progress.

negga don't do heavy lateral raises. Shit like that is gonna fuck your shit up, it's not worth it as a beginner. I'm guessing you're only diddlying every workout for like 2-3 weeks tops

is that all? no pulling and all that benching is gonna mess you up m8

I love this program and I'm never switching to anything else.
dropbox.com/s/a0tlbo2wt3gbgjt/Push_Pull_Legs Split.docx?dl=0

So what's everyone's opinion on Straight Press vs Push Press? I was doing Straights but I wanna switch things around a bit and do Push for a while and get up to those really heavy weights (so I can clean and jerk properly). Doing Greyskull LP.

do some fuckin pullups or something you mong