Routine General

Routine General: Routine Rate and Feedback Edition.

Post yours. R8 user's.

I'll start. Been thinking about added weighted carries. Would love feedback:

GSLP with Extras. AxBxAxx with "/" exercises rotating.

A
>Overhead Press / Bench Press - 2x5, 1x5+
>Squat - 2x5, 1x5+
>Pullup Negatives / Pulldowns - 3x10
>Spider Curls - 2x10, 1x10+
>Triceps Rope Pushdown SS Lateral Raises - 3x8+ SS 3x12+
>Calf Raises on the Leg Press Machine - 5x10+

B
>Bench Press / Overhead Press - 2x5, 1x5+
>Deadlift - 1x5+
>Pulldowns / Pullup Negatives - 3x10
>Reverse Grip Bentover Rows - 2x8, 1x8+
>Barbell Glute Bridge - 2x8, 1x8+
>Exercise Ball Crunch - 3x10
>Stomach Vacuum - 1x10

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/v38aHik2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could this routine give better gains than vanilla SS?

pls no bully ;_;

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 OHP
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 Weighted Chest Dips
3x10 EZbar curls
3x12 Calf raises
4x12 Wirst Roller

Workout B
3x5 Front Squat
3x10 Hip trust
3x12 Face pulls
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 Weighted chin up
3xf Plank
3xf Reverse crunch
3xf Sit up with twist

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

Monday
Low bar squat 3x5
Bench Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes 2x10-12

Wednesday
Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Deadlift: 1x5
Weighted Chin: 2 x 6-8
Lateral raises 2x10-12
Rear delt flyes 2x10-12
Curl variant 2x10-12

Friday
Front squat 3x5
Bench Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes

Feedback needed pls

So I really like the idea with Kinobody's workouts where you do AxBxAxx / BxAxBxx. Every muscle trained within 4-5 days, muscles need 3-4 days to recover while the CNS needs 4-5 so the split itself sounds really reasonable always pushing for progression. Either doing Push/Pull or Upper/Lower, I prefer Push/Pull, the volume feels more balanced rather compared to U/L. With him as inspiration I just wonder if this is legit? Feels like a good mix between strength and some volume work aswell.

Push (Chest, Delts, Triceps)
Benchpress 5x5
Overhead barbell press 5x5
Incline dumbell press 3x8-12
Lateral raises 4x8-12
Tricep exercise 3x6-10

Pull (Legs, Back, Biceps)
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chins (Wheighted when I can) 3x8-10
Leg press 3x8-12
Dumbbell rows 3x8-10
Hamstring curls 3x8-12
Bicep exercise 3x8-12

How is leg press a pull movement?

Want to do a full-body routine for my bulk. Thinking of ICF 5x5. I know Blaha's a twat but it's still a good routine right?

Mon+Thurs
Bench, flat DB press, incline DB press, flyes, DB pullover

Tue+Fri
DB shoulders press, front DB raise, lateral raise, EZ bar row, DB curls

Wed+Sat
Deadlift, squat, barbel row.

All 4x4, pull-ups everyday.
And fuck training a body part once week principle. Never worked for me.

Do squats first and isnt GSLP AxBxCxx? Mon fri squats and wen deadlift. Also if youre a beginner drop the tricep work its unnecessary and most likely your ohp and bench will lag.

You dont need hip thrust low bar squats are enough. For abs do leg raises and planks.

As long youre eating and sleeping enough this should be okay.

A and C are basically the same, that's why I just made it A / B with a couple exercises that rotate. Noted on the tricep work, thanks.

Oh yeah forgot to clarify Pull here includes leg work in general

This is my current routine:

Sunday/Wednesday:

Shoulder Width Lat Pulldown 3x5
Standing Overhead Press 3x5
Sumo Deadlift 1x5
Weighted Push-ups 3x5
Weighted Inverted Rows 3x5
Band Assisted Chin-ups 1-10

Lat Pulldown, Press, and Sumo all use 2.5 lb increases.

Push Ups and Rows use a weight vest that increases in 3 lb increments until reaching 120 lbs.

I bought 5 bands for chin-ups. Every time I hit 10, I change to a lower tension band.

Just thought I would share. Any thoughts? Possible improvements?

It is basically Stronglifts with added accesory work. If you are okay with that and you have the required work capacity, go ahead.

How am I suposed to train the internal oblique and the rectus abdominis if I don't do the sit up with twist?

Do windshield wipers or the twist.

A
Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1xamrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

2x12 rear laterals (soon to be band facepulls)
2x10 chins (later on, weighted for 2x6-8)

B
OHP/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x5
(until it gets heavy then front squats)
Deadlift 1x5

Dips 3xamrap until I can get 3 full sets of 10, then weighted for 6-8.
2x DB or EZ bar carry
C
Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

2x12 rear laterals (soon to be band facepulls)
2x10 Chins (later on, weighted for 2x6-8)

Anything wrong with this?
The squats on B day are there because I'd like to get my squat higher for a while, and the front squats will be there because I just really enjoy them. Should I wait until after my linear gains are milked to play around with them?

I'd run full on SS but I really like rows, and have to pay attention to my shoulder health because of a torn labrum, which is why the rear laterals and reverse grip bench are there as well.

Bamp

Every morning:

3xF Diamond Pushups
3xF Pushups
3xF Situps
3xF Dips

Will this do anything for me? I only want to maintain the muscle I have now.

If you have absolutely no muscle you will maintain absolutely no muscle with this

Did anybody ever do german volume training?
Tried it today, did 10x10 on both bench, rows and squats so needless to say I feel completely fucked now. But is there any reason not to do it?
I'm no beginner

You will maintain shitty posture

I'm ottermode now, I "used" to lift.

Oookay, here we go. This is the current form, and it changes a lot. Let me know what to change or add.

Equipment I have access to: Dumbbells, dip bar and a very light kettle bell which I use for warming up only.

Looking to buy more when I'm not broke, and prefer my home gym. Only really been working out properly for 2 months, so please be nice.

pastebin.com/v38aHik2

Newfag here, might as well ask this question in this thread.

I haven't worked out in years, but my friend from work wrote up a weightlifiting routine for me to follow at the local gym. He split the workout into 4 broad sections: Arms (Biceps and Triceps), Back, Shoulders and Legs.

My question is, what days should I focus on each group? I know you're supposed to alternate them across 3 days a week, but I don't know how Shoulders and Back work into it, for example. Do I do Arms/Back one day, Legs/Shoulders another, and cardio on the third?

4*4 is daft for the isolation exercises, look for a higher rep range to take stress off the joints

Generally, as a raw beginner you're best off doing a full body compound based routine for a few months to teach yourself the ropes. You don't need to do it for a long time or turn yourself into a fatty with a gallon of milk/day, but learning to do the basic lifts will really set you up. Once you know vaguely what you're doing with the exercises, you'll be able to think more critically and decide for yourself, if you still want to do his routine

So basically just do all the prescribed exercises on the same day and don't worry about splitting them up until later?

No biceps

Dont go to fail every day

ive been doing candito's 6 week program for a while

Google: Greyskull, starting strength, stronglifts.... Pretty much any noob program and just choose the one you like the most

i'd add a deadlift or at least a RDL to at least one of your days, maybe evem A AND C

although back squats do work hammies quite a bit, you still gotta train em

So I've done SS and I feel it's time for a routine with more hypertrophy/upper body mass building.

I was thinking about doing PHUL, do you anons have any other suggestions? Sticky also mentions Built Like A Badass for bodybuilding.

3x a week except deadline which is done only twice a week:

Weighted dips 3xF
Weighted Pull ups 3xF
Squats 3x10
Romanian deadline 3x8
DB shoulder press 3x10

Ab work on off days. Cutting down to 10℅ bf

do an upper/lower split till you milk out every last bit of those newb gains

then switch to push/pull twice a week and you're set for life

Kek deadLIFT

i mean its not bad but it could be better

dont do the failure exercises at the start

you dont have push to pull ratio matched, do some rows

and it's deadlift not deadline, what the fuck

Thanks m8

>hypertrophy and body mass

Because going to the gym isn't about building strength, it's about looking pretty for the that dude who's going to fuck you behind burger king next time you get drunk and 'accidentally' wander into that gay bar

Thanks, I'll definitely throw in some DB rows. I'll save the failure exercises for last. After a certain point on this routine I'll eventually turn it into an upper lower split with more isolations. Yh lol damn auto correct to thank for that

My workouts last forever. Especially when I do my biceps and triceps because they never get tired. I can do endless sets at high weights. How do I make my workouts shorter? Going heavier on curls hurts my wrists.

>implying I don't already tap boypussy on the regular.

currently doing SL but with box jumps or barbell jump squats added (I just do 1 and alternate)

is this a good routine for increasing vertical jump for basketball?

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Arms
Day 5: Legs.
Day 6: Off (sometimes)

What I do each day varies, but I have my favorites, and it's usually 5-6 sets of 8.

do narrow grip, palms facing eachother pulldowns

they fry my biceps to the point where i dont even do curls anymore and my arms are juicy as shit

replace your regular pulldowns with these

then add 1x12-15 curls and 1-2x12-15 hammer curls. use a weight you could do 10 reps with and do 15 and then tell me about these endless sets

shit tier routine.

hit each muscle group twice a week

Doesn't that happen technically since I'm hitting the same group within 6 days of the last?

just do ab rollouts and planks everyday instead of all the memes, calf workouts are up to you but not sonething im personally into, ez bar curls are shot teir curls, as a beginner just do chins and rows instead. Do it like this:

skwatts
ohp
chins
abs/calves if ya want

deadlift
bench
dumbell row (my favorite but you may prefer barbell)
abs/calves if ya feel like it

and most importantly have funnnn =]

>it's usually 5-6 sets of 8.
This is the meme-iest routine ive ever seen
Been lifting less that 1 month/10
>barbell jump squats
Those are gonna fuck you up, if you still want to use a weighted vest or something similar

Memes aside its not terrible but at that point why not just do SS or SL

google lyle mcdonald optimal frequency

the 'minimum' (or maximum, depending how you watch it) is 5 days, meaning you hit each muscle group AT LEAST every 5th day

so it's push/pull/legs/rest/repeat
or upper/lower/rest/upper/lower
or push/rest/pull/rest/push/rest/rest/pull/r/push/r/pull

etc

Oh. Well that sucks, I was kinda happy with how things were going (although i admit I have plateaued lately). I used to complimentary muscle workouts like chest and tris, back and bis, but I always ended up struggling with high weight chest workouts because my triceps were fatigued from doing them the set before.

Bro you are a meme at this point. Dont fucking lie to me, how long have you been lifting and what are you 1rms?
Im assuming you are compelte dyel considering that if you were stupid enough to do chest tris in the first place and even worse you did tris before chest.

I've been lifting routinely for 10 years, and everyone I talked to (at the start) did that. Now granted I was in college so I probably didn't need to be getting all my lifting advice from just random people in the gym. I -stopped- doing that around 2 years into lifting because I didn't like the results, and switched to doing stuff like back and chest, arms and shoulders, legs and core, but then I ran into the problem that I felt like I wasn't doing enough for each muscle group. I would get 2 sets for each muscle which didn't seem like enough even though I was exhausted all around. So I finally decided to just isolate each muscle group, which I was happier doing.

>ez bar curls are shit teir curls

Why? by the way mark memeptoe include dips,curls,skullcrushers and ham raises as ancillary exercises.

should I replace the hip trust for the ham raises leg curl?

Bro if youve actually been lifting for 10 years you better be strong as fuck and shouldnt need any advice from us. I like how you avoided answering me, what are your 1rms?

Been doing this since January, it's changed, where I used to do seated dumbbell Bent Over Rows, I do Pull ups, where I used to do Overhead squats, I do burpees. Got rid of Push ups in favor of saving energy after burpees for Press..

I've seen the biggest improvement in my legs, triceps and pecs. Still have a small belly and side fat, but I can see it slowly melt off.

Tu/Thur/Sat

I use dumbbells, 16 lbs each.

3 x 10 Burpee
3 x 10 Press
3 x 4 Pull up
3 x 15 Dumbbell swing
3 x 10 Front Squat

Any tips?

Also, I'm a Kinesiology major. Adapted my workout from a Teaching Weight Training class.

For bench it's 430, squat is 500, and dead-lift idk because it's been a long time since I've done them. I'm trying to work on my squats currently but I've been having a lot of pain doing them.

Jesus christ this is the worst estating ive ever seen. Please never post here again.

There's a 1x5 deadlift on B days.
Which includes 2-3 sets of warmups.
It's GSLP with accessories.

>skullcrushers

No no no.
Lying ezbar Triceps extensions. To behind your head, not to the face.

Monday
deadlift 1x5
weighted pullups, pyramid the weight down
barbell curls 3x5
sometimes calves

Tuesday
Bench press 5/3/1 program
landmine press 3x7
dumbell shoulder press 3x10
close grip bench or kickbacks 3x10

Wednesday
cardio
core, traps, calves, neck, forearms maybe

Thursday
back squats 3x5
hammer concentration curl 3x5
dumbell rows 3x7
maybe hack squats or front squats if the legs need to be tortured more

Friday
OHP 5/3/1 program
landmine press 3x7
shoulder press 3x10
close grip bench 3x10

Saturday OR Sunday
cardio
maybe core, traps, calves, neck, forearms

It's a crude combination of 5/3/1, push pull legs, and trappy chan programming

Any bros doing candytoes strength/hypertrophy routine as well?

This thread is proper. Just getting started. Concerning weight for rows, bench, squat, etc i am not sure how much weight to put on as a newb without a partner. Any body a reference point?

At 170ib

A:
>Deadlift 5X5
>Dumbbell bent over row 5X5
>Dumbbell shoulder press 5X5
>then 30 minutes of jogging

B:
>Squat 5X5
>Bench press 5X5
>as many assisted pull ups I can do on assist machine (about 16 right now)
>30 minutes of jogging
I'm more or less a beginner, and I'm Currently cutting so I'm not making much gains at the moment.

Lower
Squat 3x5-8 \ 3'
RDL 3x5-8 \ 3'
Calf Raise 4x8-12 \ 2'
Weighted Back Ext. 2x8-12 \ 2'
Hanging Leg Raise 2x8-12 \ 2'
Leg Extensions 2x12-15 \ 30s

Upper
Incline Press 3x5-8 \ 3'
One-Arm DB Rows 3x5-8 \ 3'
Lateral Raise 4x8-12 \ 2'
Weighted Dips 2x8-12 \ 2'
Weighted Chins 2x8-12 \ 2'
Facepulls 2x12-15 \ 30s

Exercise Sets x Reps \ Rest time(mins)'

UxLxUxx LxUxLxx

You might want to make your DB Rows heavier or going with BB rowsinstead

spread the volume out a bit it's really high on your B day

How so? It's the most taxing, sure.

Monday:
Snatch 5x1
Clean and jerk 6x2
Low bar squat 3x6
Dip 3x12
Shoulder press 5x10
Upright row 3x10
Back extensions 5x10
Hollow body hold 5 sets

Wednesday:
Push press 3x6
Front squat 3x6
Bent over row 3x6
Pull ups 5x10
One arm row 3x10
Bicep curl 3x10
Dead bug 5x10

Friday:
Snatch 6x2
Clean and jerk 5x1
Bench press 3x6
Dumbbell step ups 3x8
Standing calf raises 3x15
Back extensions 3x10
Ab roller 3x10

Thoughts?

>Squats 3x10
No
>RDL 3x8
No
>Immediately doing two exercises to failure every time you step in the gym
No

Just get a program from someone that knows what they're doing

Canditos linear hypertrophy/strength program

Because you don't get a full contraction of your bicep

>traps & neck
Those are the same thing

I would recommend squatting at least on more day per week.

Other than that it's weird as fuck but looks solid enough let us know how it goes.

I am

You're gonna have to test that for yourself man everyone has varied starting points for all the lifts.

Everyone has different starting weights. Spent a while at the gym, jumping up 5-10lbs until you get a good set of 5.

I have run this program in the past and it's a great late beginner program.
If you're interested I just modified that program for a friend to include paused squats, speed deadlifts, and Spoto press as main variants because I felt they were very important for improving the big three. I can share it with you if you want

Why no squats on Friday?
Feel like some power variations would go well on Wednesday, you working with a coach at all?

Starting with a coach next week for my Oly lifts. Goal is to be competitive for national comps within 2 years. thought about adding high bar squats but thought it might be a tad too much volume currently.

I don't know what the fuck all of your faggot AXBXCBXCBXCABAXCBA shit is but this is what I'm doing currently as someone who is new to weights:

--Shoulders / Legs--
DB lateral raise 3x8.
Leg ext 3x8.
Shrugs until failure down rack 40lbs-20lbs.

--Chest / Tri's --
DB bench until failure 25lbs.
Cable crossovers 3x8-10 Low > Heavy > Low until failure.
DB flies 3x8.
Seated plate tricep raises behind head until failure.

-- Back / Bi's --
DB / BB row heavy as possible, can bitch out.
Bicep BB curl 3x8-10.
Seated isolation curls against knee.

I don't do squats / deadlifts because I was never taught how and I go to the gym alone at 1am/5am so no gymbros to help me in my journey.

I've been slowly trying to learn more about the machines and seeing what pain results they give me, as I correlate that directly with muscle growth / ripping.

How many times should one deadlift a week if they are a 1 plate shitter?

Pls r8

2x

bumb

looks decent mang, will prolly work well. Rear delt stuff might fit better on Mon/Fri's

Cool thanks man. You're probably right, OHP day is pretty loaded so it might be better to take one exercise away.

Tried to make a program for a mate who didn't like SS (too much squatting and he wanted more volume and more pressing). What do you think?

WEEK 1
Day 1
Squat
Bench Press
Barbell Row
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Chinups
Lateral Raise

Day 2
Deadlift
Overhead Press
Dips
Lat pulldown
Chinups
Face Pull

Day 3
Squat
Bench Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Barbell Row
Chinups
Lateral Raise

Week 2
Day 1
Squat
Overhead Press
Barbell Row
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Chinups
Lateral Raise

Day 2
Deadlift
Bench Press
Dips
Tbar Row
Chinups
Face Pull
Lateral Raise

Day 3
Squat
Overhead Press
Barbell Row
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Chinups
Lateral Raise

oops added lateral raises on week 2 day 2 ignore those

Its completely shit. No time for recovery, too much accessories. If hes a beginner he will quit after 3 weeks because its too much.
Do something like this anonOnly squatting two times a week. Plenty of hypertrophy work with the AMRAP sets.

So the only problem is the volume? He's not a complete beginner and has been on SS for 2.5 months. I could get rid of the shoulder isolations to decrease the volume and less accessory work? Thanks for the reply m8.

No the main problem is the training of chest and shoulders every workout. Thats just idiotic.
>2.5 months on SS
>not a beginner
Pick only one.

No this is something he requested. Too much squatting and he wanted more volume to be spent on pressing instead. How to increase bench/ohp volume then? Thanks.

Well because he's a fucking noob and doesnt know any better. He cant train chest and shoulders every workout. Well he can but he wont gain any muscle because there is no time to recover.
He needs to do SS/SL/GSLP if he wants to gain strength and via that size. Or he can do a brosplit (chest&tris/back&bis/shoulders&legs).
Is this a case of blind leading the blind? How new are you?

What you've done is create a crappy greyskull. Why not just show him actual greyskull with the linebacker plug in and frequency work, and drop one of the squat days. Deadlifting heavy and squatting heavy only once a week will still develop the lower body, just not to the same extent, and if that's what it takes to get him in the gym then so be it

Damn why did you think I came here for help? If I was great at making programs I wouldn't be here. I don't understand the hostility either, just trying to learn. No one program fits everybody's needs etc.etc.

Thanks man I'll look into it. Is that in the book?

It's in the book, and I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a copy of that around somewhere on the internet

I was just trying to get through to you.
Basic is that you need 48 hrs to recover a muscle group. So if you train 1x2x3xx and on every workout you hit chest and shoulders you never recover in full. And if you keep this up you will overtrain which is not good.
GSLP book is in the /plg/ dropbox its powerliftinggeneral .com or something like that.
Add flyes and rear delt flyes on bench day
Lateral raises and curls on OHP day.
Dont add tricep work or most likely his bench and OHP will lag