Morning motivation thread

Just can't seem to drag myself out of the house early. The few days where I do, I'm basically invincible, but if I make excuses and fuck it up for myself, it all goes to shit. Vidya and pizza and laying around the house all day unless there's something important for me to do - in which case it's vidya and snacks until I go out and do important shit then lift heavy in the evening to make up for my morning laziness.

It's like every night my mind resets to the "fuck work" attitude that I've been trying to get rid of for years now.

I want to lift! I do! I like the act of lifting and I like the results of lifting. I even like my walking-distance gym and the protein powder I have. I have a million reasons to lift and none to stay home, but for some reason staying home wins.

What the fuck is wrong with me, and how do I fix it for good?

if you don't want to, then don't

I do. So I will. I just need help.

I often have work early (5am start) and I go gym before then. Make sure you get enough sleep, which will depend on you. Use an app like sleep cycle (you dont wake up nearly as groggy). The key with getting up is to sit straight up and down water as soon as your hear the alarm. Broscience or not I've been doing it for a year and it works every time.

man the fuck up

I'll try that - maybe water will get me going where making shakes won't.

Thanks for the specific advice. I feel like all my problems have been solved. I've turned over a new leaf and have become a new man. I have 2 gfs as of 30 seconds ago and they both love me and they make out with each other. I grew 6 inches taller and became blond. I have practiced waking up and working out 40 times in the last hour and now I am 300 pounds and shredded.

Now I would like to give some advice back to you: kill yourself

I mean, although he put it harshly, he's kind of right. you are completely in control of your thoughts, actions, and motivations man. It's all up to you, you just have to decide that this is what you want.
>pic related

>you are completely in control of your thoughts, actions, and motivations man. It's all up to you, you just have to decide that this is what you want.

How does this help me?

What do I do with this knowledge?

How do I "decide" that this is what I want any more than I already have with the lifting I already do?

By the way can you tell me if God is real?

OR, instead of answering all those DIFFICULT questions, you can help me with the EASY question of "How do I transition from being an evening workout person to a morning workout person, because I feel a lot happier when I work out in the morning?"

woah there, lanklet, calm down. You just have to wake up early one day and do it, then that night you'll be more tired from waking up early, thus getting more sleep and it will be easier to wake up the next morning. It will just get easier and easier from there. They say it takes 3 weeks to make a habit, but honestly it doesn't even take 2 if you aren't a complete no willpower bitch

Then just

say

that

oh my god

Don't go the roundabout bullshit way in future, thanks.

Go to sleep early tonight. Knock yourself out with benadryl if you have to. Set alarm 1 hour before when you want to wake up. At the alarm, immediately eat 400mg caffiene and go back to sleep. Next alarm hits and your rdy to go the caff should be kicking in now.

>asks for advice
>gets it
>doesn't understand it
>acts like a cunt

Bleh. Benadryl gets me high and I don't want to be reliant on caffeine. I'll try the waking-up-twice method but I'm not optimistic because I sleep through alarms all the damn time, and without caffeine I don't know how awake I'll be after the second alarm.

If I didn't understand it I wouldn't be acting like a cunt.

Have you noticed that the specific, actionable advice gets nice and serious responses and the vague advice from people who don't actually work out gets shot down?

I've never come across someone who's so obviously not going to make it. Enjoy your autism, sperglord

Do you lift in the morning? If you do, what is your routine?

If you don't, why are you giving me advice?

I actually lift in the evening, the morning is when I cardio, I bike 10-15 miles. So just get up and do it, you fat faggot.

Cunt.

1. How did you form the habit of going from bed to bike without getting distracted? Or did you just never struggle with not biking in the morning?
2. What do you do to make sure you get moving as early as possible?

I guess you at least told me your routine, so you answered like 1/10 of my original question. Thanks?

do you have a job?

if not, get a job.

wow

Just lost virginity at age 27, ducked her 3 times ask food

1. I'll admit, it was hard at first, but I went to bed as early as I could stand to so I could then feel somewhat okay when I woke up, and then eventually my sleep cycle caught up. I'd say one of the most important things was to not kick myself too hard if I didn't make it. I just kept telling myself that this is what I want to do, so I'm going to fucking do it. Mama ain't raise no bitch.
2. exerciseuntilsomeonelovesyou.jpeg: that's my entire motivation, or at least it was when started

wut

This is an okay idea but I'm not sure if it's the best possible idea.

First off, I'm a full time student. The reason I'd like to get in the habit of lifting early is because I want to be fresh and pumped for the day's activities, not because I want to look hot or get big. Lifting really helps my mood for the entire day.

A job would eat my time and energy, take away time I need for lifting and studying, and it wouldn't even pay enough to be worth it. When I had one first semester of college, it ended really badly.

Will definitely consider it though!

Alright, that makes a lot of sense. It's too late to "sleep early" now but I'll try to move things up a few hours tomorrow so that I can kick start the new sleep pattern.

Bleeeeegh, you had a different problem from me. I really want to kick the laziness-habit and you were looking for something else. That's fine. I'm glad you were able to solve the problems you had! We're all gonna make it (tm).

>how do I fix it
Habits are habits. They are easy to maintain once you've built them.

Try do get up early for a week straight. No missed days. No excuses.

Then you've earned sleeping in on the weekend.

If you make it a habit, you won't have to think about it anymore.

I had to switch my lifting schedule to 3am because of my new son and work. It sucked... for a while. Now it just is the way that I get to work out.

That's an interesting way to think about it. I have shit riding on my ability to do this, so I definitely won't be making excuses, but I'm worried that it just won't be as effective as I think it will be.

With the water trick and sleeping early I think it won't be so difficult but there's always a chance. I'll stay vigilant.

This is clearly a bait/troll thread.
What fucktard doesnt understand the very simple advice given here?

The simple advice is good. The vague advice is not.

I'm already fucking doing it one day at a time, why do you have to tell me "we're all gonna make it!!!!" when I ask a question about shifting the timing of my workouts from the evening to the morning?

I know your feel bro. What works or some might not work for others, but it's really all about perspective.
Having things to do in the morning motivates me. Having people contact you in the morning to do things helps. Usually I or another friend makes plans a day or two ahead of time. It gets hard to motivate yourself in the morning at times.
There is no real advice to be given here other than to make plans ahead of time.

Am I the only one who masturbates himself out of bed?

Honestly, I'd get by with this, but my friends either work, don't live by me, or don't get up early.

Besides, I want to be more self-sufficient. I'm a real sponge sometimes and I need to make sure that fitness is one of my "core" habits rather than just something I picked up from someone and could lose at any time.

Quit being a fucking peasant and just do the thing you want to do.

Do your parents still wipe your ass and spoon feed you or are you grown up enough to do it yourself?
You sound like a pathetic child. Man the fuck up and stop being a bitch.

masturbating in the morning always feels shit to me. Like dulled you know?

I hold my cum in and do a slow jerk. Just enough for it to feel good but not enough to get blueballs.

Don't know why but it works for me.

Do you work out in the mornings? Peasant?

OP aside from the water and sitting up opening the window right away always helped me. Especially during colder months I just want to leave my bedroom as soon as possible.

Guys I'm on day 3 of nofap. I need motivation to make it through the week.

as a former fat fuck who got fit, all I can say is it is 100% up to you.

but you should try, cause you dont want to get old and think "what if I decided to work out instead of stay home?". do it, you'll thank yourself for it.