Front Squats > Back squats

Front Squats > Back squats

Discuss

No.

i have long arms so i cant do front squats

i have bad knees so i can't do front squats. back squats for me bruh

Nothing to discuss.
It's easily the better exercise but fatlords on here won't admit it because it's harder.

I've been lifting for 10~ years and have wanted to do them from the start but am still unable to get the bar positioned so i'm not just holding it with my arms or its crushing my collarbone :(

Front squat is for pussy who can't do correct back squat so they "choose" front

Same thing as sumo "deadlift". People who can't perform baby weight correct deadlift would say they do sumo

>harder
>hurts more
>pussy exercise
Delusions is not good breh.

I have short arms, so I can't do front squats

>hurts more
lol

both squats > only one or the other squats

this
either it's held by my arms or it's hurting my neck

>front squat more than most of Veeky Forums back squats
>don't even train them except when I do them for fun after powerlifting meets

Lol, Veeky Forums is full of weak, delusional twinks.

I love front squats, feels like I'm activating my glutes and hamstrings more. What's the main difference between the two of them? I do both front and back squats but I'm thinking about getting my front squat up.

>tfw 1.5 plate front squat :(

How do you not choke yourself out on front squats?
I love the exercise but I end up coughing during/after my sets a lot because the bar pushes into my neck.

Because of the leverages involved, back squats literally use your glutes and hamstrings more than front squats.

Then don't push it that hard into your throat. Also unless it seriously hurts in a bad way it's nothing to worry about.

>quads of truth
but also yeah, fronts use more quads than back

That's often not actually true. The position should lend itself to that (less hip flexion, more knee flexion) but what often ends up happening is that something else hits its limits long before the quads do.

This guy knows whats up.

I hadn't considered front squats before. I usually loathe squats because I feel a lot of pain across my upper back and chest, but I push through them because I know I need to. I might just have to look into front squats.

/thread

dong them since a few month. the targeting of the complete upper back plus all the normal squat activity make them super taxing.

for all the mobilityfags: your arms and wrists will get used to it. just keep pushing.

If you guys are having trouble holding the bar on your delts, just do a landmine squat.
It's almost the same thing.

Ooo we've got a tough guy here

Do both

How does a heavy front squat hurt more than a heavy back squat?

>doing front squats
>not wanting nice glutes

Deadlifts and Front squats are all you need for legs.

>170 kg
>125 kg
Do both more

Those numbers are my 10x3, not 1RM.

Also, a 125kg x 3 on front squats is already makes me stronger than 99% of the entire human population on earth. Hell, most seasoned lifters can't even front squat 80kg without falling over.

I have short squats, so I can't do front arms

Because it's more comfortable to rest the bar on your traps than on your fucking collarbones

You need to build your delts up if your collarbones hurt front squatting

>be 183 lbs after an unintentional cut
>6'2"
>I look dyel but I recently managed to front squat 250lbs x 6
>I seldom see people from squat anything like that in my uni gym, let alone anything past 1 plate.

What gives Veeky Forums?

Bodybuilding wise, front squats work out the middle head of your leg. Depending on your feet placement you can work the inner and outer quads too.

Comparing to back squats, you work out glutes and hammies easier.

You can contract whatever leg muscles with either exercises, it's just front allows more quad work and the back allows for my glute hammy work.

There is no better, these are just tools to get the result you're looking for.

Resting the bar on a tightened back while fighting for every centimeter during a heavy lowbar squat is in no way comfy.

>125kg x 3 on front squats is already makes me stronger than 99% of the entire human population on earth
it's easy to compare yourself to african tribesman

>harder
>said people literately cannot perform correct squat

Less technique involved in back squat, so easier.

>squats
hey fatties

learn to make a shelf with your shoulders, and use hook grip so its stable

>seasoned lifters

You misspelled novices

Hook grip for front squats is stupid, I hope user means to support the bar with 2 fingers and work on wrist mobility.

>Have big joocy front delts
>front squarts make me sweaty
>bar starts slip sliding all over my front delts

I think I should start working on my form

Wear a shirt, you ape

>front squat hits all the muscles a normal high bar squat would hit
lm
ao

>having sleeves in the gym

Spread chalk on your shoulders then and turn into an even bigger ape

Why not do both?

Front squats should not be hurting you. No lift should ever be hurting you. Unless you really mean fatigue?

Front squats are godly for improving your clean and jerk.

wow thanks dr, shitdick

>Front Squats > Back squats
Congrats on your first 2-plate front squat!

> What's the main difference between the two of them?

He asked what the difference was, that is the difference. Seeing as you're essentially increasing your weight in the catch position for a clean and jerk by getting better at a front squat. Don't be upset because you're an ignorant faggot who doesn't know this.

I think you replied to the wrong person

Deadlifts
>bar this much far in front of your thighs
>that rounded back
Front squat
>crossed arms instead of front rack
Both
>these numbers

Please don't post again unless it is asking for advice on your form.

everybody fucking knows that retard. half of a clean is a fucking front squat. no shit. kys

Anyone doing full cleans here? What's your clean to front squat ratio?
I can clean about half of my best front squat but i just started and don't have the balance yet to clean something really heavy

Then why ask what the difference is you fucking cuntstain?

Habe the same issues, just grab the bar with a wider grip and squat more lpwbar than necessary, that way i can manage to hold the bb

Wow an actual good answer! Same for powerlifting too you need to work on quads? Do high bar or front squats.

Is that bulgarian grip?

Wew lad

no its not tiny hands

i didnt, niggerpirate

I have short front so I can't do arm squats

But front squats don't have HIP DRIVE!!!

This.

>displaced scaphoid
Physically cannot get my hand to pull my knuckles toward my elbow in that direction.

Injured my wrist so can't do front squats

You misspelled hip drahhve

they require athleticism, mobility, posture, and flexibility, as opposed to low bar weighted fat sits

>*insert excuse here* so I can't do front squats

if it hurts too much you're just being a bitch. Front squats are essential for oly lifting

Can I use straps to hold the bar?

>tfw have one leg
K.

i have huge arms so i'm curling all day

I rarely front squat and can still hit 485 with a low bar max of 600.

I 100% agree with mobility being a large requirement, but the 'athleticisim and posture' part is bullshit. I don't see how it's any more athletic than a low bar squat, it just looks prettier because it's upright and really deep. All squat variations maximally challenge the quads, the front squat just has a longer ROM and less posterior chain involvement.

I feel like all the 'front squat master race' people really just suck at squatting so they hide behind a slightly more obscure exercise.

No; I do both though. My squats went up so much faster once I added 3x12 front squats to my lower body day

lel that back is not very rounded. The fact that you chose to complain about that instead of his neck position shows your own dyel. I bet you're one of those lordosis faggots who think you gotta purse your ass out and hyperextend your lower back as if you're going to get fucked to be safe while deadlifting. Get past 2plate yourself before you criticize others.

Yea if your a girl who does crossfit or you play sports, for developing good hamstrings & glutes you need to back squat.

> b-but m-muh quad activation

Nothing the high bar back squat can't do.

That spine is in total disarray, keep your neck down and keep your spine neutral. Also you could keep the bar closer to your legs, making it unnecessarily harder for yourself. Lose the pussy-belt, deload and work on your form.

this

I have a big dick, so I can't do front squats

>recommends hookgrip on a front squat
>the guy can't even shelf it

Yea good luck

Its going to hurt your collarbones no matter what do you do,if you go heavy enough you will get yellow dots all over your collarbones.

>this guy has no delts

>3x12
>lower body day
Any squat of 3x12 is enough volume (if you go heavy enough) for your lower body if you are natural.
Only thing you need to do afterwards is calves.

What does delts do is to stabilize bar on your collarbones,the bar is still going to pressure your collarbones,while your delts push them there.
Fucking retard.

>get yellow dots all over your collarbones
You mean bruises?

Bullshit. I am 6'1 and have a 6'4 armspan (great for deadlifting) and it's not a pollen for me

>Pussy belt
Fuck off fag, come back when you start lifting heavy weight

I started to alternate my squats. Monday is low bar squats and Friday is front squats.
Is it normal that my front squat is only 55 kg when my low bar is 102 kg (3x5 on both)

Its normal,because fronts need more mobilty,ab and upperback power.
Work on these and your front squat will skyrocket.

Having issues with the rack position on the front squat. I feel like my wrist flexibility is almost there, but I can't seem to raise my elbows up without pain in the wrist. Is this from overtly tight lats/triceps or possibly a bad setup?

For how long have you been doing real squats and for how long have you been doing front squats?

Cool thanks man.
Squatting for about a year with most of the time I was on a deficit and last Friday was my first day front squatting.

>last Friday was my first day front squatting.
That's why your front squat is relatively low

Yeah I get that but I was just wondering if its normal that its like 50% from my normal squat.
What is a good ratio when I start working on it more?

Why is this even a discussion? Front and back squat target muscle groups differently (front more quads)? That's like saying close grip bench press is better than normal bench press.

>Yeah I get that but I was just wondering if its normal that its like 50% from my normal squat.
No it's not a normal ratio but you'll always suck at a lift the first time you do it. When you train it more you'll maybe get it up to 80-85% of your back squat, depending on different things.

How do you improve your rack position? I am immobile as fuck.