Tfw been hyper extending lower back for years when squatting

>tfw been hyper extending lower back for years when squatting

I'm scared I have done irreversible damage to my spine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpdhBROLcBU
muscleandstrength.com/articles/interview-with-max-misch-the-diesel-weasel.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JFX9mwiogA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also how the fuck did pic related never seriously injure himself?

youtube.com/watch?v=GpdhBROLcBU

horrendous ''extreme'' music
horrendous form
horrendous guy

Because deadlifting isn't actually dangerous to the back unless you are swinging yanking hitching and generally throwing yourself about like a retard.

A round back isn't nearly as instasnap dangerous as people seem to believe.

Mirin sheer intensity and brute force method.

Literally should be physically snapping and fucking his shit up but manages to stay out of a wheelchair. If he worked out 3-5 times a week at any point I'm impressed

He is actually a decent lifter now

muscleandstrength.com/articles/interview-with-max-misch-the-diesel-weasel.html

care to elaborate or is this bait ?

I've been hyperextending my lower back since started squatting (1.2 years ago). I never read it was bad and I feel it helps me harden my lower back to prevent any rounding when ATG.

are you sure you are not trying to say 'rounding' ?

hyperextending your back is fine. rounding is not

>hyperextending your back is fine

yep

its not you fucking retard

all that unnecessary tension plus weight will fuck your shit up

For high bar/front squats - no, don't hyperextend

For low bar squats - yes

it works for me

yeah cuz u lift bitch weight

what is your definition of bitch weight?

I lift 3x6 220 pounds hyperextended as fuck low bar ATG squats. My back is fine. Do I have to get to the 400 pounds to start seeing the negatives ?

Does you lower back not straighten out when you get to the bottom?

enough weight you can lift with shit form without snapping your shit up
that's not the point
every persons squat style is differs according to limb length/mobility/etc. but there are certain aspects such as a neutral spine that are essential to long term health and progression

Yeah it kind of does. Not a lot tough, but the lower back muscles don't keep that engaged as when I start. But I still do it cause I feel get more protection while im getting down/getting up. And if I came down with a neutral spine I feel it might round up when hitting bottom.

>spouting giberish from your piehole without backing anything up with scientifical or empirical evidence.

Shut your fucking mouth.

yeah good luck finding "emperical evidence" that hyper extending your back is "fine"

if you can dl with a hyperextended back pain free i fail to see the problem

i can see how it would be bad for squats, but is hyperextension a problem when deadlifting like in that picture?

>this is my actual form

because you lift bitch weight

>inb4 220 for reps brah

are you a woman?

youtube.com/watch?v=JFX9mwiogA0

i'm not that strong, but i've been deadlifting with a hyperextended back as long as i've been deadlifting and i've never had a problem

look at the picture. you see how a hyperextended lumbar looks almost the same as a neutral one? it doesnt fucking matter at all. summer is ending pls go

dont deadlift with a hyperextended back
dont lift with a hyperextended back
a neutral spine is always better

idk man that's just how i've always done it and it's the only technique i know. i don't think it's a problem