QTDDTOT

Questions that do not deserve their own thread

I'll start, what is a good (free)app for logging calorie input, i'm already using FITNOTES to log my excersises.

myfitnesspal

is that still free? I remember hearing you have to pay now

grill here. How far will bodyweight pushups, glute bridges, etc. get me if done daily at home? I train martial arts twice a week in a gym and it's mostly bodyweight work and cardio. I'm a wet noodle so can I at least hope in some noob gains if I also exercise at home?

I'm a normalsized female, 64kg, work out at least once a week. But my arms, man, WTF. My upper arms, all the way down to the elbows have SO much excess fat that my elbows are not even showing. I mostly work on my arms while at the gym; lifting, barbellrow, pullups, etc. I even attend a boxingcourse for beginners every week.

Why do I look like this? Why isn't it going away? Have anybody seen my elbows? How do I get rid of these flobs?

yep still mostly free

maybe lose some fat fatty

Very far.

But I would suggest doing a more structured routine that you can pick up from youtube along with some walking or swimming.
It will carry you far.

Fat distribution is different in every individual. But my guess would be you are a bit fat all around aswell.
Only way to fix this is to lose more weight (fat)

At least once a week?

You have a fat arm because you are carrying way to much excess fat and you're going to get bigger if you don't fix your eating habits and get a bit more daily activity.

You don't have to go full swole ho mode or bust ass in the gym 14 times a day.

Just make the decision to cut back on snacks eat the occasional healthy meal (actually healthy, not a salad dripping with salad dressing and slices of bacon) and cut back on excess calories.

Go for daily walks and do simple short morning exercises like some stretching and aerobics. Won't take much more time then 15 minutes.

And you'll see real results.

what is your goal?

what is more impressive?
>fat to fit
>skinnyfat to fit
>skelly to fit
???

>I mostly work on my arms while at the gym
check out the spot reduction myth

you cant lose fat on your arm by doing arm excersises. just go on a deficit

it will only get you so far, not saying that that is not far.
it all depends on if you gradually increases volume
>less rest time
>more sets
>more reps
>faster reps etc etc etc
but, dont forget to neglect your back, if you dont train your back in some way and you only do pushups and stuff, it will fuck up your posture and can possibly give you an injury

t. guy that got fucked from too much bench compared to rowing, j u s t

females tend to carry more fat on arms, nothing to do about it other than lose more fat all around and some will come off.
working strictly on arms will just make them bigger, not with fat, but with muscle

fit to monster tBh fAm

>Diet
Also haven't seen you at judo for a while?
Did you go back to south Africa?

Thank you. Any tips for the routine? I'm currently doing 3 sets of 10 pushup, 30 bridges, and one minute plank.

My goal is graduating to full pushups from the half-assed I manage now (still loads of improvement from where I started) and help round out my butt. Strengthen core for sex gains maybe.

Noted. thanks!

As a different user - I honestly think the r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine is a good place to start for newbies. It's got some decent structure, it's easy to do, it has some important prep work, and there's a wealth of information on that subreddit for you to help with progressing forward.

Is the sticky still relevant? SS or Greyskulls? Is there somewhere i can find a good model diet/daily meals, preferably cheap?

Approximately how much is a "scoop"? I know my life would be easier if I just had a bloody scoop, but I don't, so is there any ballpark estimate to how much a scoop would be in volume?

honestly, i think you would get more out of metallicadpa's ppl on reddit.
its really good for beginners

i think a scoop is around 2 maybe 2,5 tbsp, i can go figure out if you want me to

Anything helps lad. Cheers. Am using total protein if that helps

thanks breh

well if your goal is to do pushups then obviously do pushups, if you cant do 1 correctly, focus on doing 1 correctly before doing a lot, check out videos for proper technique posture, etc

aight, i have myprotein impact whey.
1 scoop is 2 slightly heaping tbsp, if that makes sense

Works for me. Thanks breh

Is 5 a day a meme? I know that it's a British government thing, but how seriously should it be taken as a guideline?

np

No worries. You don't mention any pull work in your current routine. Please ensure you do the pull work if you're doing a lot of pushups and martial arts.

Otherwise you're going to get totally imbalanced shoulders, and then you'll be setting yourself up for long term injuries.

>dont forget to neglect your back
wtf was i saying, i meant dont neglect it

It is, in the sense it isn't really even enough, especially if you want to get truly fit. It's bretty hard to have too much fruit and veg

This one's really bothering me Veeky Forums.

1) To the best of my knowledge, it has been shown that calorie restriction improves life span and general health.
2) Gotta eat big to get big, and getting big is pretty healthy.

Is there a way to resolve these two seemingly mutually exclusive things?

When is the optimal time to have a shake? Post, pre-workout, at a specific time in the day, or does it not really matter?

its easy, calorie restriction improves your life span because most people dont excersise for shit

whats healthy is not having too much fat in your body

if you dont excersise, its much better to not eat a lot because you will store it as fat

if youre bulking, its good to eat a lot because you use it to BUILD MUSCLE

after youre done bulking, its healthy to eat normal again

theres no contradiction,rally

In terms of healthy hormone production and shit like that, are there any guidelines for the absolute minimum amount of fat that a person should be getting?

>optimal
>really matter
Pick one, if memory serves, the sticky says that it doesn't really matter, but I've got no clue what's actually optimal.

I've yet to see scientific longitudinal studies that concretely state that restriction has a definitive increase in lifespan over other lifestyle factors, in humans. Plenty of anecdotal evidence, but no real solid data. Plenty of information about other mammals and non-human primates, but not humans

I got a huge shoulder pain doing db bench press and now it hurts my shoulder to do things like lateral raises. what should I do

Stop lifting. Go and see a doctor. If their advice is shit, get a referral to a physiotherapist.

fun fact the dietitians told the government it should be around 7 a day but everyone agreed that would be too much and people wouldn't even achieve 5 a day. its mostly fiber anyway so as long as you're pooping 3 times a day to once every 3 days and getting all the vits and mins you need then it shouldn't matter

had same.
stop lifting COMPLETELY for 2 weeks.
started doing light back and arms work on the 3rd week
and on the 4th week i started doing light shoulder and bench again.
recovered properly after 5 weeks

This one's purely theoretical, but maybe you guys will still be interested in helping. A little while earlier, it occurred to me that in places like /r9k/ we get people (probably underaged) who due to shit like not getting any pleasure out of fapping, think they're low test but won't go to a doctor to get themselves checked for whatever reason, these same people may well just be the NoFap shitposters, but would telling these people to get Veeky Forums be a method of diagnosing* their problem?

If memory serves, a low test man will have issues with his body fat distribution when he gets Veeky Forums (the fat goes to womanly places like his waist) and therefore would be able to diagnose whether or not he is actually low test without going to a doctor.

*Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but lifting increases test, right? So it may also be possible to argue that said robots have nothing to lose. Getting Veeky Forums will either diagnose their problem, reducing their fear of going to a doctor to fix it (and giving them a more genuine pretence than "it doesn't feel good when I fap to lolis") or it will fix it by itself. Does that sound right?

>fun fact the dietitians told the government it should be around 7 a day but everyone agreed that would be too much and people wouldn't even achieve 5 a day.
Source? I've heard it linked to the WHO, but I never looked into it.

>its mostly fiber anyway
I wonder about fibre, the sticky says that most people are deficient in it, but how far am I above a normal fag just by the fact that I eat rolled oats every morning? Actually, what even are the guidelines for fibre intake?

Anyone done 5:2 intermittent fasting while lifting? Am thinking about it cause I'm a fat cunt and need to cut. Wondering whether to fast on weight training days or cardio days.

At roughly 19% bodyfat (Navy measurement test) should i eat at maintenance and re-comp or cut at 10% deficit and not care about strength loss?
Lifting around 4 months on Greyskull LP and Newb gains have slowed dramatically if that helps

Can i run Texas method on a cut?

cant say much without pic.
some may look good at 19%, some may look like shit.
hard to say, if i should say something, go for maintenance and then bulk after you think you have re-comped enough

when doing pullups, how far up should you go? eyes level with the bar or chin over the bar?

I'm worried about the excess skin I'll get from losing weight (total of about 60lbs to go).

I heard that if I built muscle while slowly losing weight the extra skin will be minimal.

I guess my only option is to just go bear mode?

I'd go chin over. More ROM is more work, and it sets you up to transition into harder skills more easily than only going eye-level if you wanted to get into something like muscle-ups later.

>Source?
one of those things i read a thousand years ago, not worth looking it up because no one really knows what the perfect healthy diet is anyway

>Actually, what even are the guidelines for fibre intake?
fiber is indigestible so it's really just there to help push the rest of the shit out of your intestines and colon, if you're eating oats everyday and shitting more than once every 3 days you're probably fine

dont worry man, take care of it when it comes around.
right now, just worry about getting the essentials down, sleep, diet and exercise.

the skin might not even be that noticeable when it come, dont worry man

ok thanks

i have a pain in my lower back that comes and goes. Went to doctor took an xray, and he said it would go away on its own that i could keep lifting

but the pain just doesnt go away i want it to stop

would it be ok for me to stop deadlifting, squatting and riding a bycicle until the pain is completely gone?

please this

how long has it been?
basically just dont do anything that irritates spot

pain started 3 weeks ago, i went to the doctor 2 weeks ago

just dont do anything that makes the pain get worse and wait another 2 weeks, if it hasnt gone away by then try seeing a new doctor or something

so if i can perform an activity without feeling the pain getting worse i should perform it?

like doing pec excersises for instance

is targeted ab exercises, HIIT running and caloric defecit enough to show visible abs? I'm going for a body like this

Yes.

yes

what the fuck does DOMS mean? I see it all the time but i've only ever seen it used as DOMS

my best guess is deterioration of muscle structure

delayed onset muscle soreness

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. As in, after your workout you're fine. The next day you're ok. The day after you can't walk/raise arms/carry bags etc etc from the discomfort.

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

google? anyone heard of it?
MOTHERFUCKER

Dildos On My Squatrack

Checked

Cheers
I swear to god those results weren't there before
Thanks the most

checked, sorry for being an ass, its just, damn man google is right there

No motivation to go to the gym.

Been sick for a week and I have no motivation to go to MMA, Grappling or to lift..

Motivation pls?

think about the mires man, the mires is what gets me going.

just fucking go
no-one is going to be there to motivate you every single time you feel lazy

if you need that, maybe you just don't want to make it

Is it legal to drink water from a large flower vase? I just switched from using teapots and its great.

Yes, more nutrients too.

who else /vasefordayz/ here

I pitty those who drink from plastic containers

Skeleton here who's starting Starting Strength. Are 66 lb / 30 kg (with bar) enough for the beginning?

Also, what is the difference between press and bench press? I thought press was overhead press, but apparently it's two different exercises.

I work a desk job. 5 days a week, 12 hour days. Pretty hectic but good pay.

I go to the gym on my lunches, train on my off days but I'm curious if any of you have tried like an under desk elliptical? Unclear if it's worth it.

>under desk elliptical

this looks like the stupid shit they sell on late night tv

don't do it - you can make it training how you are now

>. Are 66 lb / 30 kg (with bar) enough for the beginning?
start with the minimum weight in all excersises, just the bar, and keep adding weight constantly. in increments of 2.5kg per side until you hit a limit, then do less reps of that limit till you can do your normal amount of reps, then keep adding

it will make your life miserable just to burn an extra 100 cals per day
not worth it

do not be so fucking anxious, train right and you get incredible results in 1-2 years

Grip strength is killing my lifts, been doing hangs to try and make it stronger, how often can I do workouts for grip strength and can anyone recommend anything else for it?

instead get a squat rack and place it over the toilet so everytime you sit down to shit you do it with 400 lbs on your back fuuaaaark

deadlift

Double overhand deadlift. And hold the last rep up top as long as possible.
Really focus on squeezing the shit out of the bar on other barbell lifts too.
Chinups.
This shit fixed my grip.

Weird. Everyone always recommends chinups for grip but for some reason pullups have done way more for my grip than chinups. Maybe i'm just weird.

So my stomach bulges out while the rest of me is pretty slim. Some of it is fat but its mostly just bloat. I can push it out far enough to look pregnant and when relaxed it looks like a beer belly.

How can I get rid of this? Just cardio and abs or could I do something else?

What works lats better, lat pulldowns or actual full ROM pull-ups?

depends on the weight fa m

>Demon banannas
>Cat-chan not powerful enough
>Must get a demon cleansing pet piggu
8/8
Pull-ups usually but depends on your body weight. Eccentric motion of pull-up is a lat-pulldown and the concentric is an Front press. The compound exercise is typically better and it will shape you proportionately to your Body Weight. If you want to increase mass then do pull-downs or weighted pull-ups with pl8's in a backpack.

>Misused the words concentric and eccentric interchangably
>Fuck my shit up
>Found pet piggu

eat less
also try
fork putdowns

>Implying you can't shiggy diggy do both

>You're going to have to come to grip with reality first senpai-bro
>It's time to cut.

Yeah, I've accepted this. I just started working so my day is mostly sitting down now when it used to be far more active, so diet's going to have to change.

Well if i ever needed more of a reason to never date outside my race that pic is it
Id never go black anyway but holy shit thats disgusting

H O M E G Y M
O
M
E

G
Y
M
>Best way to do many sessions in 1 day even if it's just bro-sessions.
>Do morning and evening routines.
>Do-pullups

who the fuck would go black?