QTDDTOT

New QTDDTOT, old one is dead.
I'll start. How do noob gains work exactly? I've been lifting on a cut for awhile now and have made some great progress losing fat and gaining muscle. Wondering when this will stop. Is it a time limit thing where all muscles stop growing without excess calories, or muscle groups hitting a noob gain limit? (ie arms hit limit first if you work them more, but you can keep getting chest gains if its lagging)

What does

>mfw mean

my face when

I don't think anyone really knows or cares about the answer to this. Just keep on lifting. You will not be having lagging muscle parts, because everything's lagging because you're dyel as fuck.

My OHP is severely lacking. I can bench 80kg, I can squat 120, I can deadlift 140, but my OHP is stuck on a 45kg plateau that I can't break.

What's the best way to break through, besides OHPing more?

Side note, I also use Arnold press for shoulders, 5x5 at 18kg

Thanks john

guys, i need help

squat is fucking agonizing for me

like, i can feel my hips literally pulling apart at extremely low weight (even just the bar)

do i need to work on mobility, or is there something else wrong with me?

ok, I need your help Veeky Forums
I started lifting at home with no equipment.
my daily routine is working all the body (legs,arms,torso) at once and give it 30 to 50 minutes, i don't follow a leg day or an arm day per se.
is that wrong?
should i try PPL? (even if i dont know what that is?)

I'm trying to diet and eat lets, yet i keep drinking and eating some junk food.
how bad is it that i drink like... a glass of coke a day? should i power through and stop altogher?
should i aoid all fried food?
im really trying my best here, pls help.

I was repping 195 on the bench machine now i can barely into 185 on the free bench. Is free bench more difficult

try eating more?
maybe hit your rear delts more with rear delt flyes

PPL means push/pull/legs, its a training split that hits your bodyparts 2x a week and needs weights

count calories
you dont need to stop eating food you like, just eat less of it
also try replacing coke with coke zero
after awhile it starts to taste better than regular coke

yes
machines remove the use of stabilizer muscles, meaning you can recruit them to move more weight

Hard to say without a video showing off your squat. Your form is probably shit as well as flexibility/mobility.

Get some 0.5kg plates off amazon. They really help me out.

Alright I know at least one other fag here T-Bar rows. How heavy is a T-Bar row machine's barbell it? It feels a bit heavier than a normal barbell but maybe its the angle.

Hey Veeky Forums. I have a question.

I've reached the point where Goblet squats are simply to awkward to do anymore. What is the next best form of DUMBBELL squat I can move on to? I only have access to DBs atm. I was thinking... plie squats?

I have a lot of free time and can/would like to workout 6 times a week.
Is PPL the way to go?

I am doing a 3x10 full body routine. I noticed that I have trouble going to the limit. For instance, my second set could feel so heavy I barely make it, but after the break the third feels like I could do a fourth. Why is that I cannot progress my sets from hard to harder to barely possible? General tipps to really push myself to the edge appreciated aswell.

>How do noob gains work exactly?
CNS adaptions and form improvements allow for rapid strength increases.

There are a few indicators that noob gains have ended:
>1/2/3/4 plate
>Having to deload your deadlift
>Having to deload your squat twice
>Unable to progress when not on a caloric surplus

If you fail twice in a row, deload by 10% and build back up. If you keep hitting the same wall drop from 5x5 to 3x5.

>I started lifting at home with no equipment
You won't get anywhere. Sounds mean, but it's the truth. The number of people who get fit rolling around on their bedroom floor is negligible.

PPL

Upper Horizontal / Legs / Upper Vertical

Upper / Lower

All works.

is there a way to lose fat but maintain the same weight? or should i just cut?

>is there a way to lose fat but maintain the same weight?
Recomp. But it's a very slow process.

You would be best to just cut.

Yes, you're talking body recomp.

Basically you eat at maintenance and substract minor amounts (no more than 300) of calories as you reach goals. Obviously you keep a high protein (1.7 - 2.2 g of protein per kg of bodyweight) intake and work out a decent strength routine. It's a slower process than the usual cut/bulk period but it's easier for some and less taxing on the mind.

Please eyeball the calories in this because I'm a lazy piece of shit

calorie count . about has a recipe analyzer. Just drop the ingredients in there

500-700

I'm on a light cut (20% or so, 2000 kcal a day at 81kg 183cm) doing GSLP (plus leg work and conditioning on off days because I like to run). Started 2 months ago and while I've progressed quite a bit in retrospective I wonder if I'm wasting my "n00b gainz" lifting on a deficit, or will I keep up (or even pick up) the pace when I go back to surplus (in about 2 months or so).

Please respond.

looks disgusting

The cheapness is a big draw for me desu family

So I got some whey protein, if I'm cutting how many scoops should I take? What's the best option?

I was thinking one after workout and one at night but I don't know much about this

watch election results or go to bed on time and get my 8 hours? its a hard choice.....

Thought it was way more. Nice

Holy shit read the S T I C K Y
are you some 12 year old who thinks whey powder is magic? drink enough to fit your daily goal.

Self-induced lactation for chest gains, y/n?

>wasting my "n00b gainz" lifting on a deficit
You aren't. Noob gains are CNS adaptions, they will occur regardless of caloric intake. You are good to keep lifting user.

Does it matter? The weight doesn't transfer to anything else, it's not like you can say "Oh I do 80 kg T-Row, so that's the same as your xx kilo yates row" It's different exercises, the important thing is just that you progress on the exercise, the number won't make a difference.

Worked out hard Sunday night, still a little sore and it's Tuesday night. It's ok to go again right? I'm new to dis. It's not a painful sore or hard to walk or anything.

giver hell mane
no pain no gain

Is 3x12 too many reps for deadlift?

yes, high rep diddys are unheard of and usually dangerous.

Hell yeah, it usually goes away once you're warmed up so it's a win-win

Read on some forum not here that leg press and leg raises gives bigger quads faster than squats is this true or bullshit?

Should I just stick to 1x5 then, or are there higher rep ranges that are still safe?

Hello /QTDDTT/

I'm really lazy and dumb and also bad at math. If I weigh 205lbs at 20% BF what weight would I be if I were 15% BF?

>/QTDDTT/
apparently you suck at writing too

>abbreviating OF

What can I do about sciatic nerve pain?

I don't feel anything anywhere but that.

Add on to the question is, what did I do during diddlies or bb glute bridges to irritate this fucking thing, so I can avoid the common problem in the future?

are you pretend retarded or for real retarded

I just did deadlifts for the first time in like 2 months and now its the day after and my left knee is hurting but only when I do sort of a squat/crouch down. is this normal.

excuse me? Do not call people retarded.

Question about Stronglifts. It says I should add 5 pounds per workout, as long as I'm able to complete 5x5. I'm over 2 pl8 for squat now, and it hurts like sweet fuck the next day after squatting, should I continue squatting 3-4 times a week, or should I take an extra rest day here or there to work on accessory lifts?

what accessory lifts? When does he ever say to squat more than 3 times a week and when do you ever take 'extra' days off?

just do it till you can't anymore. Then pat yourself on the back, deload and go again

>questions that dont deserve their of thread

haha oh yeah

not this guy, but you sound very retarded.

whatever this is lame general anyway
>spreads lats and flys away

we're just messing with you brah, we're all welcome here

>doing pendlay rows
>when I stand up, getting a twingy pain in my back. This pain then shoots through my front to my abs, even feel up to my chest and armpits
>panic and cut workout short.
>Within a coupe hours, the strained feeling is gone

My friend tells me a pinched a nerve, he said it's happened to him like that before.

Is that all it was? I've never experienced that feeling before, and it freaked me the fuck out. It was like I had strained the whole cavity of my torso

this is why i don't like barbell rows. You have to support your mid section with air and thats the only thing supporting all that compression on your spine

Yeah happens when you have weak lb and/or stabilizers. A good way to avoid this is to leave the weight on the ground, squat as if you're deadlifting and slowly get up and straighten your back.

What is counted in your total? I always thought it was bench, deads and squats, but since I've started coming to Veeky Forums everyone always goes on about OHP. Is that included or is it just the big 3?

have you tried push press+ negative?
It works really well for me. it's a big part of why I think I haven't had any trouble with stalling OHP

>what accessory lifts?

I'm doing closegrip bench, paused bench, standing calf raises, assisted pullups, skullcrushers, and bicep curls. Mostly arm stuff since my bench and OHP are lacking, and my DL and squat are over 2 pl8.

>When does he ever say to squat more than 3 times a week and when do you ever take 'extra' days off?

I'm just saying if I was to start on Sunday, that means Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 4 days. I skipped today (Tuesday) because my quads and hamstrings were still sore, and on Monday I had trouble walking around.

3x3 or MAYBE 3x5. I prefer 3x3 over 1x5

Is it considered 1/2/3/4 only if its for 5 reps?

Hey faggots, since roids are impossible to get here, and I'm a poorfag, the best I can get my dick into is creatine. I'm gonna cycle it, since I hear the water retention makes you look swole.

Anyway, examine told me this:
>Creatine monohydrate can be supplemented through a loading protocol. To start loading, take 0.3 gram per kilogram of bodyweight per day for 5–7 days, then follow with at least 0.03 g/kg/day either for three weeks (if cycling) or indefinitely (without additional loading phases).

I understand the loading part for a week, and I'm starting that now. The end part is confusing me. Are they saying my options are:
>need to stop after about 3 weeks, not use creatine for 2 weeks, them start again, loading and all
Or
>I can just take it indefinitely, but at a constant rate (no loading phase)?

Just wanna make sure I get it right, since I don't feel like getting diarrhea for 3 days because I fucked up. Also, if I'm right, which option makes you look better short term due to water retention?

Kek, yeah, you're correct. When people ask for your total, tell them the total of your bench, squat and dl.

The OHP was a meme. A while ago some dude came on Veeky Forums and was mouthing off about how easy it was to get into the 1000lb club. Only thing is, we eventually realised he was including his (pretty decent) OHP. We grilled the shit outta him. But then some shitposters started continuing the joke, and it confused a bunch of Summerfags who legitimately thought that OHP should be included.

I've found telling people your big 3 total and specifying it's your big three is a good way to go. Or say "My total is xxxkg/lbs plys yyykg/lbs OHP)

In reality, none of this really matters outside of one upping people on a knitting therapy for the developmentally challenge discussion forum.

Maybe not the case, but I found my issue was that I used too narrow of a grip for my OHP. It made my OHP anterior delt focused instead of letting the triceps help. So maybe widen your grip a little, made a world of difference for me.

well it seems to have went away when I sat on my couch and bent my knee over and over for a couple minutes.

Is running Texas Method 3 days a week and doing MMA training twice a week feasible or would i be just fucking recovery to bad? Not looking to be a fighter, just like it for fun and conditioning

Has anyone tried Pavel's Power to the People routine as a beginner? What are your thoughts?

1) Barbell Press Variant 2 x 5

2) Barbell Deadlift 2 x 5

Monday through Friday – workout days. Weekend – rest. First set is approximately 5 rep maximum. Second set is 90% of the first one.

My girlfreind blew a random guy on vacation 2 years ago before we were dating. This disgusts me, and I don;t want to date her anymore. However, there are no other options for me rn.

Do I just get over this shit, or do I dump her. I love her, but the thought of her getting drunk on vacation and blowing some random fuck makes me disgusted.

Please advise.

Bend her over your knee, and hold her by the throat gently but with a dominant grasp. Give her 10 firm slaps to the buttocks, and tell her in a soft but commanding tone that if she acts like a slut again, you will ruin everything that she holds dear.

You're welcome.

Honestly I will probably do that even as retarded as it sounds.

I might not spank her, but I'll let her know what I feel. I'm 5 years older than her and when I put my foot down she obeys (*tips fedora right?)

No, you will spank her. It adds to the sexual thrill of domination for her.

Once again, you're welcome.

Yea I know just curious is all.

I am just a random user, but I am a real person. So is she. Is this a meme, or should I legit do this shit.

My body and hormones tell me its the right thing to do, but my mind says to just forget it. I want to spank that slut and assert my dominance, but theres still the beta cuck in me that wants to forgive her.

But I really like doing diddles.

>My body and hormones tell me its the right thing to do
>I want to spank that slut and assert my dominance

Yes, good. Let the hate flow through you.

Do it, faggot (you're not really a faggot, I appreciate you as a human being).

One week till that sluts back. Gonna leave a fucking scar on her ass from my hand. She'll never forget it.

Keep us updated.

honest to god question, im an illegal immigrant in the us. Do you think its better to buff up to have a chance at facing the KKK when they come get me or should i aim for skeleton mode to call less attention to myself?

>My girlfreind blew a random guy on vacation 2 years ago before we were dating
You wanna date a girl who never had sex with anyone? date virgins only, are you even using your brain here

How many many reps is 1/2/3/4 is it 1rep?

Just disgusts me. She's been with two other boyfriends before me and I don't care about that. Just the fact that she sucked off a random dude is fucking gross.

>a random dude

She's sucked off much more than one, buddy.

Probably. I'll find out soon enough.

So I'm working in construction and digging trenches all day, and it's leaving very little time and energy for the gym.

I've been running a basic 3x5 with a few accessories.

I'm thinking of running a Upper/Lower instead
Something like:
///
Upper:

OHP 3x5
Row 3x5
Close grip bench press 2x6-8 (reverse grip in my case)

Optional:

Power clean practice
2xChins/light high volume neck work
///
Lower:

Lowbar squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Neck work

Optional:

Snatch grip deadlift/Front squat 2x6-8
Chins until weighted on Upper/weighted calve raises
(Chins to be replaced with heavy weighted carries, later)

LUxLUxx

Anyone have any good ideas?
Pls help

im so sorry senpai, but the girls youre gonna meet are all gona have sucked much MUCH more cocks than yours in all their lifetime, probably bigger and better too, its just the way it is.

youre not alpha enough for pristine girls

Bulgarian split squats are objectively the best DB squat

Can somebody please stop memeing me and tell me if I should do SS or Veeky Forums greyskull adaptation? First day at the gym later today

I have awful mobility in my ankles, should I still squat if it causes me to butt wink, or stretch until they are fine and then start squatting in a few weeks?

Been lifting for a month now
Today I failed 30kg OHP on the second set
Is this normal progress or do I not eat enough?
Also, would it be a good idea to do additional chest exercises such as db flyes and push ups on bench press day?

5'8"
134lbs/61kg btw

beginner here.In my routine i am training some "accessories" muscles ( like neck and wrist) once every 9 days. is that too unfrequent to obtain any gain or will it still grow( even if slowly)?

i made my routine out of Greyskull's LP. the main components are there unchanged, i just added 5 minor exercise for each of the 4 day, but compressing them and making them weekly would mean having to cut out something.

In terms of healthy hormone production and shit like that, are there any guidelines for the absolute minimum amount of fat that a person should be getting?

the end result looks too watery.Meat should never swim. you could also use a tiny bit of tomato sauce.

I recently made the switch from normal pasta to the whole wheat stuff, why am I so bloated? Is it more filling or something? I'm even feeling a bit off the day after eating it and despite the increased fibre in my diet, I can't even force myself to shit.