QTDDTOT

Haven't seen one of these in a while.

The are around my shoulder blade hurts when doing DLs. What could I be doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My forearm tingles/pinches during ohp and incline bench. What's going on there?

My knees tremble inwards doing and I also roll my body forward (down?) doing squats.

I have weak legs but I've been lifting for 4 months and I bench more than I squat.

I can't squat past 185 lbs without this happening.

Which muscles of mine are so weak (inb4 legs) that's causing my knees to bend in? What do I do to train them?
I'm assuming my body is rolling forward because my abs are weak as well and it's a reflexive response to it. I'd like advice on stronger abs and I'm assuming 100 crunches won't do much in helping me for this particular problem.

Anyone else have this problem when they were beginning? How'd you remedy it

I'm literally starting over now, back to squatting 135 making sure form is absolutely perfect.

i've been told it's bc you may be gripping too hard or lifting with too much weight.

Same thing happens to me when I bicep curl dumbbells.

I do have a tendency to deathgrip everything. I'll keep that in mind thanks.

Could be tight pec minor. Try some stretches and self massage.

Does being gay affect testosterone?

You cant grip 'too hard'

just passing what I was told, desu.

I can't even squat down and get up comfortably with my own bodyweight, the fuck is up with that? It makes even DLs hard as shit, what should I do to fix that?

I'm doing PPL routine but how am I supposed to do OHP, bench and incline bench on the same day without one of the exercises really harming the other ones?

Is keto worth doing over calories in calories out with a balanced diet or is it s meme

Work your hips, trust me

I'm off work tomorrow but want to go to the gym early. what time should be safe so I avoid the morning rush?

Anyone ever take Ambien?
I was just prescribed some, and I was excited to finally sleep. Nothing happened.
I just want to sleep brehs. God damn.

5:30, best time because everyone leaves at 6 who try to beat the rush. You got to beat the people trying to beat the rush but you won't be alone at 5:30. If you want to beat the people trying to beat the people in the morning rush then leave at 5:00.

Been doing this for a month now having never lifted before or even really done any form of exercise consistently: aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

I have gone from
Squats: The bar (20kg) >40kg
Bench 20kg>35kg
Rows 25kg>40kg

Deadlift 25kg>55kg
I can't do pull ups so I use a machine and do 45kg
OHP 10kg >12kg dumbells

Is this progress ok? Do you think I should continue with this program? Or try something else. I read about programs where each lift you increase by 5lbs and I don't think I am able to do that kind of improvement with this workout.

That being said, I have been eating at a deficit this whole month. Almost reached my target weight so after that should I start to bulk?

what the hell do i even to deadlifts with
do i just steal bar and plates from a squat rack or something?
t. newfag looking ti get started

Anyone?

I sway to the side slightly when squatting heavy. Is this detrimental? Do I need to be lifting slightly lighter?
Aside from that my form is good.

I'm currently in a hypomanic phase and averaging 4 hours sleep a night. Is this dangerous?

Horizontal, legs, vertical?

I'm finally getting off my arse and going to a gym
now tell me
how do i avoid being "that guy"? what do you wish people had told you when you were the one starting out?

i do upper body and back Monday Wednesday and Friday and today i did one warm up set of bench press and did my max bench and i did a couple sets of warm up dead lifts and heavy sets and did my one rep max is it okay to do my upper body tomorrow if so should i do a light workout or skip it and do it next Monday

I normally go at 5 and see a few people, but I want to sleep in a bit tomorrow. are there a lot at 8am? 9am? 11am?

Pls respond

Former hungry skeleton here, started on stronglifts + 3000kcal daily minimum bulk for the last two months or so. Put on about 12 lbs so far and I'm getting cellulite on my ass. Does this shit go away when I cut?

1. Do squats with your own bodyweight. Repeat until it's too easy.
2. Add a bar across your shoulders and do squats. Repeat until it's too easy.
3. Add a little weight to the bar across your shoulders and do squats. Repeat until it's too easy.
4. Add more weight to the weighted bar across your shoulders and do squats. Repeat until it's too easy.
5. ...and so on and so on.

It's called progression.

it's a meme

Groin has been hurting after doing atg highbar squats. Kinda hard to increase the weight now. What do?

Alternate doing bench and OHP first, and don't worry about incline bench that's just an accessory

>do i just steal bar and plates from a squat rack or something?

Yes. Or do them right in front of the squat rack. Or just don't do deadlifts

I twisted my ankle doing Martial Arts a week ago, still kinda hurts. What cardio can I do to not lose muh gainz?

My dorm mate bought a shit ton of candy for halloween

Tips on resisting it

try meditation

With the bodyweight routine i'm doing i've progressed up to Bulgarian split squats but I still don't have the leg strength for beginner shrimps. I've tried increasing my TUT but it's not helping. Does anyone have any bodyweight exercises that could help me increase my leg strength?

So I have a bad cold, and I went 800 calories over my diet on two days and haven't worked out. Is this fine? Should I try working out even though I'm feeling sick?

I want to stuff my face with apple juice and chicken noodle soup, not cause im hungry, but cause I feel sick.

Another question, at what weight should I use a spotter? My father tells me I shouldn't use 30 lb dumbbells by myself, but I have my doubts, 'cause hes been wrong a lot.

Eat enough, period.

high bar?

work on ankle mobility or switch to low bar

for bench flared elbows or tuck?

how should my incline form be

How long should each bulk/cut period be?

only faggots dont do deads

willpower is a meme

either you will eat candy or you wont

you decide right now and stick with it forever, if you have to make the decision everytime you see the candy you will fail or torture yourself

What's more effective, to do dumbbell curls every day at home or just add them at the end of my workout when my arms are already tired?

I have this strange situation where I work out on Tuesdays, Thursdays and sometimes Saturdays but for the last month every Tuesday has turned into a bad day where I struggle just to finish my routine with less weights than before leaving feeling completely disheartened but on Thursdays I'm lifting a little more each time it always feels like a good day where I feel great
Is there a reason for this anything I can do? is it a problem?

On my first workset of squats today I got a warm feeling in my lower right abs. Like halfway between my hip bone and belly button. Didn't really hurt and went away. Rest of the sets were fine. This has happened twice now. Doesn't really hurt right now. Might be a little sore though. Did I just tear something? Is this a major thing? I have two rest days now. Should I do squats again on sunday?

Lanket reporting in
Can i go to the gym 5days a week?

Why not? Make sure your routine works around it though so you're not at risk of injury or over training.

My frame distributes weight in what I think is a weird way. I'm tall, and I think that works against me when I lift. When I gain too much weight, I pear out. I worry that cutting too hard will leave me flabby. How can I balance growth and fat loss here?

Are you tracking your calories? My initial thought is maybe you're gaining weight too fast and it's more fat than it is muscle that you're adding on.

do you take in a big breath, hold it and tighten your core when you squat?

elbows should be tucked, the bar does not go straight up and down on bench it should touch below your nipples at the bottom and at the top it should be directly above your shoulders

If i eat the foods highlighted in green, I'll become the healthiest Jesus this side of Europe has ever seen, correct?

>tfw everything was going good
>fixed squat form, no more lower back pain
>reached 2pl8 for bench press reps, hell yea
>then all of a sudden: shoulder pain
>always kept back tight, don't think I was rolling shoulders forward too much or anything, what the fuck is this shit
>took off two weeks, still some light AC shoulder pain
>should probably take another two weeks off, lose all these 2pl8 gains and cry as I'm back at 1pl8
Fuck lads. All I can do is fucking squats and cry until two weeks is up and hope the AC / shoulder pain goes away. Any advice? This blows.

I actually have a friend who has a thyroid issue that causes him to gain weight in an odd way, mostly in the mid section. Also correlates with some hair loss and lower T. Shit sucks. Hopefully you do not have this issue...

I've been trying to work on that. I'm still relatively new to lifting.

I'm sick too. I want to know an answer.

Should I try for gains or regain my strength first?

Can I run different programs for different lifts? I did some dumb shit in the gym for a year and now my bench is at 205 5x5 while my squat is at 265 5x5. I'm running SL but I feel like my bench won't be able to increase by 5lbs each session for much longer.

Same here. I almost lean on my right leg more

yes, it helps if theyre not 100% related as well. I'd recommend the ''mad cows'' for bench which would be inline with your 5x5 SL.

Perfect, thank you.

Np. I was on SL and I pretty much did what you're going to be doing. Doing 2pl8 bench for reps now which is nice. I would still bench on your middle day even though the usual routine says just two times a week...

obviously not doing this would be best but it shouldnt be a problem

I'm doing a strength routine. Only compounds. Low reps. High weight. All that jazz. I've finally accepted that compounds on their own aren't enough; I need to add abs.

I have a doorframe pull-up bar and I was thinking that I would add 3x20 hanging leg raises every day. Two questions:

> Is that enough and if not what would you suggest?
> Should I do abs before or after I go to the gym on lifting days?

front squats
sprints
short ab routine at the end of workouts
done

Have any of you guys ever seen NinjaTylerMUSCLEGOD on YouTube? This dude says he's a teenager and he's fucking huge. I just found his videos and can't find anything about him on Google.

GUys, I think I have low test. How can I get it checked out? Who do I go to? I'm thinking a blood test, but I have no clue how to initiate that.
I'm an Ausfag, so I just know it's gonna be harder than it needs to be.

Also, should I be trying to get TRT therapy? Anything I need to do before a blood test to make sure it's not skewed?

Keto causes you to eat less, which pretty much ends up accomplishing the same thing.

If you're curious, try it for a few weeks. If it works, sweet. Often people on keto find they're eating less calories than they would otherwise, since carbs are fucking everywhere. Suddenly when you can eat sugary shit or processed snacks, you find your diet cleans itself up.

*can't eat. Kek, soz 4 typo bb.

So I planned on going to the gym during my lunch break but there's a thing at the office that I have to go with a free lunch. Point is; Is it bad to immediately go to the gym after eating or should I wait a couple of hours before doing so?

How soon after?

Also, it depends.
>Do you usually feel sick after eating?
Some people just can't exercise after eating. It's weird.
>How fit are you?
Some more out of shape people need to digest their shit really slowly.
>How long are we talking here?
For me, 15 mins is enough to get rid of any problems.

Just play it by ear, user, and enjoy the free food. If you feel sick, back off.

Maybe an hour. I have important stuff later in the day so I have to go to the gym earlier.

For me personally, that'd be totally fine. Everybody is different, though.

Also, if worst comes to worst, just skip the gym. You should be fine though.

Started feeling a bit sluggish so went to a doctor for a check up. He told me I have an iron deficiency and wanted to prescribe me medications. I have don't have enough freedom bux for this shit. I already lift 4 days a week , would upping it to 5 days fix the deficiency?

When the doctor said iron deficiency he probably didn't mean the iron you lift.

those who can't go to the gym in the morning, how do you keep your energy up before going?

I'm a tard and after a three hour shift walking around I tried to do squats and failed even one set, rip doing squats after work I guess. With my job I don't really have days where I have time to work out before work, except on the weekend, I don't want to work out two days in a row when I'm off. Is there a way I can solve this problem?

Get your diet in check or get some stims.

Go right after work. Don't go home or you won't want to go out again. Go directly there, put on some fast paced music with a strong beat, and get that shit done.

You probably are. You're imbalanced. Way to go.

I've been lifting fir two and a half months now and you're absolutely progressing which is amazing.

With that being said, I don't think you're trying hard enough. I think you need to focus on really increasing your weight every week as well as the frequency which you're going to the gym.

The beginner stage is so crucial. I'm adding 10 lbs per session on bench, and 20 on deadlift. Of course this is noob gains, but you have to take advantage of it.

My reps are : 5x5 bench @ 155 lbs
Squat : 5x5 @ 205 lbs
Deadlift 5x5 @ 235 lbs.

Get out there man. You can do it!

is shakeology just a marketing meme??

I've been getting these horrible sudden cramps in the arch of my foot recently. But it's when I'm just sitting around, never while I'm doing something.
Similarly, when I first wake up in the morning, if I stretch out vertically, sometimes it almost seems like I stretch too far and get the same horrible cramping in both feet and calves.
Google suggested potassium, but it hasn't stopped.

Finally went to gym last sunday. Started doing stronglifts 5x5

I was able to squat 60 kg fine on
2nd day increased to 62.5 and did 5x5x3x5x5, failed one set because i didn't rest enough

Yesterday tho i managed to do only first set and after that i had to deload up to 50kg in order to get through all 5 set. Did I start out too heavy and should just use 50 kg next time or should i try with 62.5 kg again

Do you think I should change my program to a more intense one then? Obviously not too much but say a 4 day a week one? I don't think I could get to your level in another month and a half continuing as I am at the moment so I am thinking perhaps another program would be better for what I want to do.

How do you progress when you struggle with the lift, do you just increase it the next time regardless? I think part of the reason I don't progress as much is I am always apprehensive to up the weight before I am completely comfortable with the weight I am doing.

How long did it take you guys who were unable to do a single deadhang pullup to do one? I've been lifting for a little over 3 months but I can't do one yet. Also what are some good exercises to build lat strength for it?

I started at a high assist weight on the pull up station. Around 140lbs and I'm now down to 60 however it's almost impossible to do one because with the assist weight so low my feet slip off the machine and make it near impossible to keep lowering my assist.

I've also been doing lat pulldowns, cable rows, and t-bar rows alternatingly and I'm still not at one deadhang. Deadhang overhand is impossible, neutral I get some motion, and chinup (underhand) i can do a couple if I have only a bit of momentum into it.

Pls help boys.

Just do the eccentric portion of the rep 3x5 every workout by jumping up to the top snd descending as slow as possible and you'll be able to do at least one within two weeks guaranteed

I usually have more energy in the evening than in the morning. Try coffee an hour or so before going to the gym or learn to hype yourself up. Maybe do some light cardio while you still feel lazy.

Cable rows / seated rows is the thing that really got me there to be honest. Once I was doing ~200 lb on the seated row, I could do about 5 CHINUPS. Pullups..I do not know. I also weigh 180.

Happens to me occasionally. I step on a baseball and roll that around until it loosens up. Eat more bananas and drink more water.

How deep of a breath do you take at the bottom of a deadlift? I feel like I may be holding breath too long because at the end of a set I'll occasionally feel like I'm about to pass out.

Magnesium + rolling your foot on a tennis bal

Not that guy but would alternating lat pulldowns and cable rows be a good choice?

I know the tennis ball to make it stop cramping but I was looking for ways to make it stop happening at all.
>bananas
Potassium didn't help. Is there something else in a banana?
>magnesium
Will look into.

Looking at buying a barbell + lmao one pl8 because ill be home for Summer in the middle of rural nowhere. How far would I get with these as a 64kg, 5'6"novice?

How much time i need to get back my strenght? I couldn't go to the gym for 2 months, started again this week and i feel weak as fuck, barely can lift half of the weigth i usually do

I've been 4 months in the gym now, going regularly 5 -6 days a week, seeing very good progress and what not. The thing is that the guy at the gym gave me this new routine to get more muscle and what not, he also told me that I was "ready" to drink protein and told me to also start with creatine in a month, he also gave me a "pyramidal" routine.

Just started with this last monday and after the gym I drink the protein shake/drink/whatever you are supposed to call it but I get stomach pains later, like, pretty bad, even my back hurts. The guy at the gym told me that it could "hit you hard" when you begin drinking it, that some people gets the shits and what not. Is this normal? Should I drink it with something else or not as often?

Also, a friend told me he got lots of acne when he started drinking protein, he was 18 back then tho, could it happen to me (Im 25).

Also, on another not, Im not losing fat in my ass, they told me it could be the body getting used to the training and looking for new places to store fat, I think it it because I work sit down most of the days and the only activity I usually get is the gym and when I walk my dogs.

tl;dr how can I lose ass fat? Im a dude btw

Any recommended workout routine for a girl? I really don't want to put my girlfriend on my routine. Was thinking just a good ol SS barbell 3 day routine

krill vs fish oil

>STICKY

dpeends what you usually do. mostl ikely most of it is just loss of neuro adaption, but it depends. if you were ill with cancer or something its understandable.

buy more plates. lighter ones too. you cant just progress from 1pl8 to 2pl8 without any smaller ones.

listen to this guy, but it would be better to use a chair to get up to it instead of jumping. you can accidentally damage your tendons from jumping.
rest more.plantar fasciitis. look it up

preworkout