Daily reminder you will fuck up your lower back

is this the one of the biggest body building taboos? Doing deadlifts and squats will fuck up your spine no matter what -- this is what doctors say. And when you check e.g. majority of the posts about lower back on rippletits boards, all he can say is that the pain is normal and everybody will suffer from lower back and shit like this. Usually people just accuse each other of poor technique, which is true -- bad technique will get you injured / degenerate discs faster. But you will get fucked up no matter what -- doing olympic lifts or lift with poor technique will just get you there faster.
pic rel: polish bodybuilder suffering from debilitating lower back pain, so desperate he injects himself with plasma

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IedLQgNUTyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep part of lifting is learning to lift smart so you will still be able to lift in 20 years time.

Hence why I only do light front squats.

>see all the people who "laft heavy w squats/deadlifts"
>ronnie coleman in a wheelchair
>doryan yates with tons of surgery
>kevin levrone who can't even train his legs because of injuries

meanwhile our natty king jeff seid who only curls 25lbs for reps is in perfect health.

>bunch of idiot bodybuilder
>injured and dead

lol what about actual real sports like olympic weightlifting where they actually pay attention to proper form when training

youtube.com/watch?v=IedLQgNUTyk

Yeah but most of them don't even look like they lift so who cares

>inb4 pics of some roided chinese kunt

>doing olympic lifts

tru

>Deadlifts
>doing less than 12 reps

No wonder you people fuck yourselves up. If it's so heavy you can't rep it more than 12 times then enjoy being that 45 year old guy who can't walk properly bragging about how much he used to lift.

post the minimum physique requirements for "look like they lift"

Koniec z squatami user, dzieki.

80 years something can barely snatch his groceries-weight. He would be in better shape if he wouldnt lift

skeltal here.

should i do SS 5x5?

how much weight is too much to fuck up your back?

>dat form tho

HNNNNNNNGGGHHHH

it was good?

>Deadlifting in sandals
>Letting go of the bar

pretty sure ronnie coleman only lifted light weights
he literally says it before every exercise

>polish
found the problem

was reverse psychology.

the barbel was smarter.

>which
I just herniated my back doing deadlifts I have lateral hip formation and it caused my hip to give my back a herniation what do i do

I have correct form but did not know my hip was out of place which led to it

that's why you wear a belt

>don't lift
>back problems

>lift
>back problems

So, do whatever you want I guess?

you're supposed to do mobility lmao

That was a very nice pull and he looks like he lifts Tbh

What's this new flavor of wojak and where did it come from?

>he doesn't know

I bet you lift too, simpleton.

The most common injury sustained due to deadlifting with proper form is a torn bicep muscle. And that is not by any means common.

read the damn book

>tfw too much kasza jaglana

And it only happens if you use mixed grip.

This is why non competition lifters shouldn't use mixed grip.

If you can't double overhand the bar, you have no business lifting the weight. Using straps or a mixed grip to artificially increase your deadlift is like using a push press to get more weight on your press. What is the point? You're not going to be able to lift most heavy objects with mixed or strapped grip. You can get muscle grown at lower weights. It is just ego lifting.

Stopping at 1/2/3/4 is ok? Or this weights will eventually fuck my back?

No amount of weight will hurt you with PROPER form.

>stay at 1/2/3/4 forever

Do you want to be small and weak forver?

>No amount of weight will hurt you with PROPER form.

That is fucking nonsense

How do I keep a healthy lower back?

jeffro is like 15 though. Given that he's a dumbass let's check on him when he's 40

Swim if you want to be healthy, feel good, get in shape and not look like you're compensating. Heavy lifting is a meme letting insecure betas feel manly. No amount of muscles will make you attractive/feel better/be more functional/whatever meme fitness industry is pushing at the moment. Ruining your back and getting homo is not worth it

otterfaggot pls go

>bear-loving gay detected

Notice how its mostly washed up bodybuilders that get injured from doing squats and deadlifts. Those guys definitely do not care about proper form, they just go for hypertrophy which involves high rep and high weight work, and usually neglecting form.

How is it that there are guys powerlifting and doing oly well past their 30s with no injuries? I swear you guys do not get the idea of progressive overload, as you get stronger and the weights get heavier, your form should always keep up. These sort of injuries usually happen to people who don't get this idea or don't need to follow it (i.e. people who use a lot of steroids). If you are natural, follow progessive overload, and calculate your future lifts accordingly, you will not get injured performing these lifts no matter the weight.

>tfw accidentally been squatting with bad form for years
>tfw scared you have done irreparable damage to your lower back

i learned this a long time ago

>tfw bench more than squat

People don't treat lowerback pain as an injury but just assume it's normal. That doesnt mean it doesnt exist

As soon as I start feeling any pain or feel like my back is fucked up I will stop deadlifting and squatting.

it will be too late. Point is the disc degeneration is not a sudden injury, but something that accumulates

I haven't read the thread replies, but deadlifts and squats aren't bad for your spine. You gotta keep in mind that sport is healthy, but elite sport isn't. You can't conclude lifting weights is bad for you, because the elite lifters are getting lasting injuries.

Stop scaring him, disc degeneration is not the common cause of back pain in the everyday athlete. pain does not equal an injury, pain science is very complex.

>roided up lifters get back problems while lifting inhumane weights
>because of this natty lifters will 100% guaranteed fuck up their backs

Two years ago, I hit a new PR Deadlift at 255. >Feels good man.

As I was leaving the gym. I tripped in a sprinkler pothole in the grass. Fucked up my back and had sciatic nerve pain for 6 months.

>>tfw I'm a shell of my former self when it comes to deadlifts and squats.

Anything past 135lbs scares me.

could have sued. could have been rich.

>I haven't read the thread replies

you should because you're an idiot

>because the elite lifters are getting lasting injuries.

except more bodybuilders get more debilitating injuries due to bad form, and people who actually do elite sports come out fine and can still lift

Ok I'll bite- what do I replace squats and deadlifts with?

can you sue for walking on the grass as opposed to the sidewalk like a human being? i think theyd countersue you for fucking up their sprinkler and win 10 dollars.

>implying regular lifters will ever get near the weight moved by pro bodybuilders
>implying elite level athletes AREN'T left with recurring/chronic injuries

If you have good form you will have nothing to worry about.

>Squating since 16 in gym
>Not too strong but only one in small gym that goes ass to grads with squats
>Everyone in gym loads to much weight and cant even make it to parralel.
>They are always complaining about back problems and needing to use a belt now.
>They always ask me how I can squat low without feeling back pain and not use a belt
Reminder shitty form + ego weight will always fuck you up.

the rate of injuries for elite weightlifters compared to hobby lifters is 10:1. Elite lifters get injuries all the time, and because of the intensity of their training, some of these injuries are lasting. Look it up on pubmed you peasant, you're the idiot here.

Yeah, Suing wasn't even an option. It was my fault for walking in the grass. They did offer to pay for some of my Chiropractor visits.

post vid of squats so i can laugh

>using roidhead bodybuilders as a reference

No it's not, moron. It's strained spinal erectors if anything.

>Chiropractor
You are never going to recover

Hehe kasza jaglana hehe
This is one of the reasons why bodyweigh exs are better for legs

If I were to guess, I'd say leg presses and OHP?

>mixed grip to artificially increase
>using own two hands
>artificial

>see all the people who "laft heavy w squats/deadlifts"
>ronnie coleman in a wheelchair
>doryan yates with tons of surgery
>kevin levrone who can't even train his legs because of injuries
>our boy arnie still lifting strong only through sheer willpower

meanwhile out natty king, clean his whole life, Jeff Cavaliere is in his 40s and is still in perfect health and shape

How do I recover not the original guy but I have herniated disk and sciathia

It fundamentally changes the exercise so that you are able to lift more than you could grip double overhand.

For most people, you shouldn't lift what you can't grip.

Mixed grip reduces the grip strength needed by using a grip that spins the bar into the hands.

>Guys in their 30s who powerlift without injuries

Name them.
Name 5 top level powerliftes with no injuries.
Hell name 5 immediate level powerlifters without any injuries.

Thats why you should always lift in the 20-30 rep range. Maybe 15-30 if youre feeling a little crazy

Where do you think you are

Prowler push intervals are pretty GOAT for people with really bad backs.

If you're injury prone but recovered, frontsquat+reverse hyper+leg curl is great for legs.

Honestly i think some leg press machines cause shearing on the spine, as does trying to force out an extra rep on OHP by bending backwards.

Proper DL form takes time. Been back into lifting now for 10months. I don't just push weight like I did 10 yrs ago without thinking about what I am doing.

My DL has gone through iterations and minor tweeks probably weekly/monthly. Alan Thrall vids plus focus on my own body mechanics shapes my form. I'm becoming more comfortable with it but am hoping persistance and patience pays off.

thats why i dont deadlift or squat

we're all going to die someday. are you going to die strong? or are you gonna die weak?

me? im gonna die strong, die young, dianabol.

>fundamentally changes
how? The movement is 100% identical
>you shouldn't lift what you can't grip
But if your actual back muscles can pull it off no problem with good technique?
You want to artificially limit your gains?
>Mixed grip reduces the grip strength needed by using a grip that spins the bar into the hands.
Mixed grip actually prevents spinning.

Don't be scared of mixed grip and get juicy.

Core training is not a meme. Only once form is great does function increase

>push presses are ego lifting
>using straps to deadlift means you have no business lifting it

Veeky Forums pls i thought we were getting better

>jonnie candito
>bryce lewis
>ray williams
>brandon campbell
>ben rice
Not all elite but all without lower back injuries, all well into / past their twenties. All squat and deadlift heavy

If you can't lift it with a normal grip and without suits and straps then your punk ass can't lift it.

You aren't artificially limiting your gains, you're artificially inflating your perceived "strength" level with ego lifts that will quickly lead to injury.

The fuck are you talking about?

And non-roided bodybuilders look like they lift?

Where did I say anything about suits and straps?
My only claim was that mixed grip is safe.

In their thirties
Without injuries.

Not stopped sometime in their twenties and they never reported any back injuries that you could google up so they are completely unharmed.

It really isn't

> don't lift
> become 65 years old
> can't lift yourself out of bed
> start shitting your pants
> too weak to walk up stairs

This is what happens to people who disregard lifting and fitness for the majority of their lives

source?

>they never reported any back injuries that you could google up so they are completely unharmed.
because maybe you know, they never got injured or majorly injured because they know proper form

Come back and talk after you stop playing around with babby weight or have more then a few months of lifting under your belt.

jaglak xD

you're a dyel. comeback when you're not a dyel

My grandpa lived to 100 years old and never touched a weight or worked out a day in his life.
Didn't shit the bed or piss himself either.

He lived healthy, kept active, was active hin his church and was a peaceful good strong man.

I'll probably die in my 60s or mid fifties because of the way I lived my life.
But I hope that before I go I live half as well as him.

Whatever bitch.
Go shill powerlifting to the noob kids.

Basically the truth. Yeah you're probably going to encounter some injuries throughout your life if you continue lifting, just like any other physical activity. It's still better than being a useless piece of shit in your 60's who needs someone to wipe your own ass in a nursing home. Even with a herniated disc you can continue to lift and generally be more useful than someone who is weak and not able to be self-sufficient.

ok ill shill it to you then

Well meme'd my friend.

> lift
> use squat plugs
> stretch your ass with the pressure
> start shitting yourself
There's no winning.

The injuries accrued from power lifting on top of ego lifting make your twilight years very very bad.
This is not a good guess or me being an asshole. This is a fact.

>It's still better than being a useless piece of shit in your 60's who needs someone to wipe your own ass in a nursing home.

>not having a hot nurse to jack you off each night
kek pleb

you go to a fucking orthopedic surgeon specializing in back/spinal injuries

Fuck. It's not that hard

Aside from a bar, name one thing anyone would carry with mixed grip.

Double overhand, underhand, and neutral grips all try to pull your fingers apart.

Mixed grip allows each hand to "catch" the other and reduces the need for grip strength.

It is also asymmetrical and increases the risk that you will only drop one side and have the full weight pull on your other side (since your hands are using different grips).