Vegan Is Better

A plant-based diet is proven to be healthier and more efficient for weight loss and for maintaining weight loss.
There are tons of testimonials where people from all walks of life have been able to lose weight, feel more energetic, and even wean off of prescription medications.
The World Health Organization has determined that 30% of cancer cases are caused by improper diet, and countries with a higher intake of fat from meat and dairy products are proven to have a higher incidence of cancer.

According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a vegan diet contains more protective nutrients that prevents more chronic diseases. Compared to vegetarians, vegans are thinner, have lower cholesterol, and lower blood pressure.

Oh and did I hear animals?
Over 56 billion farm animals are killed each year. This number does not even include sea creatures that are caught and killed.
As for eggs - every chick starts out at a hatchery. Since male chicks are deemed useless since they cannot hatch more eggs they are suffocated, gassed, or minced alive at a day old.
As for the females that survive this, they are kept in tiny wired cages not even wide enough for them to turn around. Oh, and if you're feeling good about your "free-range" chickens, they can legally be kept locked up in a shed with thousands of others.Then the moment they start laying slightly fewer eggs than before, they're slaughtered.
Male cows are mostly killed at birth or raised briefly until they can be slaughtered and sold as veal.
50% of female cows develop mastisis and lameness because of the terrible conditions they are kept in since they are made to produce more milk than their bodies can handle. Cows have about a 25 year lifespan but most are killed by 5 after being tortured their whole lives.

If you still think that eating meat is better than:
Improving your health
Increasing your lifts
Saving animals

Then enjoy the whey that is literally just leftover crap that couldn't pass for the milk carton

Other urls found in this thread:

pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/facts/meat-consumption-and-cancer-risk
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1627S.full
forksoverknives.com/8-months-lost-65-pounds-regained-energy-good-health-wfpb-diet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10/10 body.

A nigga needs test, vegetables make you squishy.

Next time you try to promote veganism, post a thinn qt.

Also, where can I get 150g/day protein other than soy or vega powder? I'm considering different diets and trying to see which one has the best results.

I like killing animals.

Try actually looking at protein counts on greens
Broccoli, kale, leafy greens in general have a surprising amount of protein and you'll have to eat quite a bit but you should be eating a substantial amount anyways

>he thinks plant protein counts

I'm sure that gets your dick almost as hard as clogging up your arteries

eX VEGAN FAG.
Vegan IS better. IF you do it right.

However, it is hard to get a well rounded vegan diet. Most people will end up with deficiencies because they simply don't know the vitamin/mineral content of all their food, and don't/won't go through all the effort to fine tune all aspects of their diet.
Supplements - as is pretty widely excepted on fit - are not an adequate substitute for the nutrition we get from our animal products.

A complete(mostly) animal based diet is better than an incomplete vegan diet - which is what most people will have.

I beleive that we should all cut down A LOT on our animal products, and think about what we eat.
But a fully plant based diet is impractical and too much effort for most people.

Yes. I can afford cardiac bypass surgery too so I can keep eating your precious animals without a care in the world.

Give links

pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/facts/meat-consumption-and-cancer-risk

forksoverknives.com/8-months-lost-65-pounds-regained-energy-good-health-wfpb-diet/

As long as you're also willing to give up feeling energetic or ya know lifting senpai, clearly ya know more than i do

You're right about cutting down meat consumption and I get it that meat isn't for everyone but the conversation starter does get ya thinking more about what you're eating, is it not?

such complete proteins too with great amino acid profiles.............................................................

You should also be looking for legumes
Biggest thing on protein is gonna be your beans, lentils, etc and the greens boost is gonna top it all

Soybeans bro

I'm not sure i understand the sentence you just wrote, good sir.
Then again i'm Dutch as fuck

I find the biggest issue is people think it's all ro nothing with Veganism. Vegans try push full veganism down peoples throat, so they reject it all.
Eating less meat should be the focus, not cutting it out completly.
Morals are arbitary and there's a lot of issues with plant products that are bad for animals and the enviroment.

But it's a lot harder to outright reject the economics and the health effects of excessive meat consumption.

GOMAD

Sorry, not the best grammar, I'm working and replying and back to working
Anyways, meant to say:
I agree that most people need to be more aware of their meat consumption and cut it down
I get that vegan* (whoops, wrote "meat" before) lifestyle isn't going to work for everyone
So the goal is to even slightly raise someone's awareness on how much meat and especially dairy they're putting in their bodies.
imo dairy is the worst part of a meat-eating diet

"Fact: Yes, some breast cancer grows in the presence of estrogen, and yes, soy can act like estrogen. But there’s no direct link saying soy can cause cancer. In some animal studies, pure isoflavones, the compound in soy bearing the chemical similarities to estrogen, have been shown to promote tumor growth"

from a source (you) will appreciate, The HuffPo

There are an incredible amount of issues with how our lifestyle hurts animals and the environment
And I agree that expecting someone to give up meat and dairy cold turkey is simply a recipe for failure
Which is why the point is to try and make you think twice about that fried steak and how much/how you're preparing it rather than make you want to give it up completely
Let's face it, meat is good, there's no denying it, but eating fried chicken and steak in a pool of butter is not so good

I don't really care if I feel energetic or not, I just lift heavy shit and put it back down, regardless of "energy". Don't worry dummy-kun

"According to new findings from the Shanghai Women's Health Study, soy food intake provides protection against premenopausal breast cancer when consumed during adolescence and as an adult. The usual dietary intake of 73,223 Chinese women during adulthood and adolescence was assessed after a mean follow-up of 7.4 years. Those with the highest intake of soy protein or isoflavone versus those with the lowest had about half the risk of premenopausal breast cancer regardless of age at time of consumption. No significant association with soy foods was found for postmenopausal breast cancer."

From a source (you) will appreciate, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

>Shanghai Women's Health Study
>Women's Studies

Yes, but i'd say that suggesting a vegan diet - a complete cut out of meat and animal prodcuts - is the wrong way to make people think about what they eat.
It seems to just make people stick their head in the sand and lash out at veganism - because is suggests that their world view and dietary lifestyle is completely false.

It's better to suggest eating more plant based foods and less animal products, rather than to say all animal products are bad (even if they are)

Also - to put it plainly - most people don't give a fuck about animal welfare.
To be honest, most people don't give a fuck about human welfare.

Look at what we do to each other, let alone what we do to animals

>the current year
>still pushing the vegan meme

Humans are omnivores, eating a diet rich in animal fats helped to develop our bigger brains. Animal fat is an essential component to healthy skin and hair.

Having said that, I agree that people ought to cut down their consumption of red meats and think more about ethical animal husbandry. But if you are trying to tell me that it's healthier to be vegan please commit Sudoku.

This is a fitness board primarily made up of men focusing on lifting weights. This study doesn't pertain to any of us.

Good luck lifting heavy shit when you don't have any of that "energy" left
Guess ya never learned the concept of "energy" and "work"

But now we have those big brains that let us work out what proteins and other nutrition we need, and which plants have said nutrients.

>tfw when not even a vegan

>that pic
at 4000 BC homo sapiens already existed for at least 150,000 years. The pyramids of Giza were built in 2700 BC

Because I'm replying to a post specifically talking about breast cancer

Ha, did not even give a thought as to human welfare, thanks for bringing that up! You are definitely right, the way I see people treat each other nowadays is horrifying
And then the idea to reduce the hate replies is by citing medical journals that back it up
Of course, as you said, though, it's ridiculous to assume that most people will take the time to read the medical journal or even the excerpts provided, but if it gets even one or two people to add some beans and broccoli to their plate rather than chili cheese fries then I'd consider it a success

Sure enough, I do not each much meat myself besides poultry or fish.

The claim that a diet based only on plant nutrients can somehow be healthier than a balanced diet that includes some animal protein and fats is laughable though.

>he doesn't recognize berrypicker

laughingconcubines.cavepainting

"Data from the Adventist Health Study showed that nonvegetarians had a substantially increased risk of both colorectal and prostate cancer than did vegetarians (23). A vegetarian diet provides a variety of cancer-protective dietary factors (24). In addition, obesity is a significant factor, increasing the risk of cancer at a number of sites (25). Because the mean BMI of vegans is considerably lower than that of nonvegetarians (8), it may be an important protective factor for lowering cancer risk.

Vegans consume considerably more legumes, total fruit and vegetables, tomatoes, allium vegetables, fiber, and vitamin C than do omnivores (14–16, 20, 23). All those foods and nutrients are protective against cancer (25). Fruit and vegetables are described as protective against cancer of the lung, mouth, esophagus, and stomach and to a lesser degree some other sites, whereas the regular use of legumes provides a measure of protection against stomach and prostate cancer. In addition, fiber, vitamin C, carotenoids, flavonoids, and other phytochemicals in the diet are shown to exhibit protection against various cancers, whereas allium vegetables provide protection against stomach cancer, and garlic against colorectal cancer. Foods rich in lycopene, such as tomatoes, are known to protect against prostate cancer (25)."

From the same source

mfw millenials calling it vegan instead of vegetarian. Just like frozen yogurt/froyo.

Eating poultry and fish, especially in reasonable amounts, is not a bad thing at all
A vegan diet is beneficial to someone that already has health concerns, needs to lose weight, or is at risk of developing a chronic condition
Eating meats without excess fat or all the add ons (oil, butter, etc) can be part of a perfectly well balanced diet

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic....
You probably are but:
Vegan means you do not eat any animal products at all - no yogurt, no milk, no cheese, no gelatin, no eggs, don't use silk, leather, wool products
Vegetarian doesn't eat meat or fish

Youtube nutritionfacts.org

You should do some real research before utterly dismissing a opposing viewpoint.

Its an unbiased MD view of diet and exercise cited by hundreds of medical studies around the globe.

I get that you may not agree, but please dont spew nonsense like "hurrdurr meets maeks muh brain bigz"

Look up chicken and dementia/alzheimer's ;)

Also recommend this article!
Very nice user, I'm a big fan of his channel, too!

Lol froyo is an abbreviation and vegan and vegetarian are two separate words with different meanings

I wish vegans would just fuck off.

No one gives a crap meat is tasty not fuck off.

Animals were created by God to be eaten.

no causality proven for rectal cancer or bmi because there is no causality.

this study should have just said "People with bad diets have health problems." The news outlets would have a field day with that catchy headline.

God also killed off the entire world for not listening to him.
God also "tested" a guy by seeing if he'd be willing to kill his own son
God also "tested" another guy by killing off his entire family and seeing how far he could go before said guy stopped worshiping him

woooow, you're sooooo manly and funny and witty ;)

My gf is vegan. Is there anything I should know? She doesn't impose her lifestyle on me.

Don't legume cause estrogen problems?

"whereas a high childhood dairy intake has been associated with an elevated risk of colorectal cancer in adulthood"

I wouldn't consider it laughable at all.

A plant based diet CAN be just as good as a conventional diet.

It just often isn't, because it can be difficult and our entire dietary culture is based around animal products.

If you consume the right nutrients from a plant based source, then you will be as healthy as someone that consumes the right nutrients from animal based sources.

Tbh, simplifying it to Plant>Animal or Animal>Plant is wrong.
It's about What plant or animal products you're consuming.

That was theory at one point but it has been further studied and no correlation has been determined

"Micronutrients of special concern for the vegan include vitamins B-12 and D, calcium, and long-chain n–3 (omega-3) fatty acids. Unless vegans regularly consume foods that are fortified with these nutrients, appropriate supplements should be consumed. In some cases, iron and zinc status of vegans may also be of concern because of the limited bioavailability of these minerals."

That was in the abstract of the linked paper.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder where one can get these other essential nutrients... Maybe a little tuna and cottage cheese?

I am not disputing that a diet rich in veggies and fruit is a bad thing.

Chinese girl has a Chinese knockoff MAGA hat.

That's exactly right, you can still be a vegan and have a shit diet if you're eating fries and oreos all day
On the other hand you can have a conventional diet with fairly healthy foods but if you're covering it in cheese, butter, and fat like you so often see in those recipe videos that clutter my facebook, then it's still a shit diet

There are plant based sources of these micronutrients. But most people won't know or even think to check if they're deficient, or know what those plant based sources are. That's the danger of a vegan diet.
It needs thinking about - more thinking than a mixed diet.

Also - why the fuck is fish not considered meat? Always confused me

And is yeast vegan?
Because dat nutritional yeast is dam good for you and if you use it right can add some real nice flavour to yo cook

>meat is tasty

you mean the industrial with vegetables flavoured shit that you buy at walmart is tasty.

you wanna know how legit meat tastes like?
kill a chicken, pull out the feathers and rip out some flesh with your teeth.

thats real meat, faggot

No one said being a vegan was a perfect diet to end all disease and create the perfect being
The only point we're trying to reflect is that it is a better option than increasing your chances of developing cancer or other chronic diseases
Even then, you can still develop those diseases, in which case, setting yourself up with a plant based diet has been proven to help reduce the effects

Why is there so much vegan bullshit lately?
>Saving animals
>Implying it'll stop the millions of animal deaths because I decide to not eat them

>Increasing my lifts
>Implying I want to eat 1ton of broccoli to get the same amount of protein
>Implying I don't love the taste of meat

>Improving my health
>Implying I'm not already healthy
>Implying I wan to live to 100 years old
Even if I knew the difference was between living to 80 if I eat meat, and 100 if I was vegan, I'd still eat meat.

Thank you!

And yes, yeast is vegan, it's considered a fungi

If you're already healthy then props to you!

imo going vegan is a good way to get there if you're not already
For those on this board that are overweight and looking for advice on how to lose it, or have developed chronic diseases from weight gain then I'd recommend going vegan 100% of the time because chances are, once you've hit your goal, you'll be much more aware of the foods you're eating and will have a better time staying that way

>imo going vegan is a good way to get there if you're not already
You mean vegetarian right? Vegan is unhealthy as fuck. Regardless I think it'd be easier to cut back on meat rather than cut it out all together, unless you have a family history of problems, or have problems yourself already like you said.

>using memes instead of making points
Typical vegan trash.

Nope, I mean vegan, because vegetarian lets you have all that cheese and dairy which is my main concern
Again, going vegan is an extreme solution, I'd be all for someone to cut down their meat consumption to a healthy level as long as it is a. to a healthy level b. cutting out all the fats (dairy)

Fats aren't bad though.

Yeah, thinking that fats are bad for you is some fucking retarded meme shit moms in the 80s peddled. Stop believing misinformation.

Fatty foods*
Like no nutritional value foods

Dairy has plenty of nutritional value and is a great addition to a diet assuming it's done in moderation, like with anything else in life.

"Dairy products—including cheese, ice cream, milk, butter, and yogurt—contribute significant amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat to the diet.15 Diets high in fat and especially in saturated fat can increase the risk of heart disease and can cause other serious health problems."

"Consumption of dairy products has also been linked to higher risk for various cancers, especially to cancers of the reproductive system. Most significantly, dairy product consumption has been linked to increased risk for prostate18-20 and breast cancers."

>cholesterol
>bad
You're not supposed to eat a block of cheese a day user. Having a slice on a sammich or shaving some cheese in your eggs wont give you cancer.

Point being, yes, it does have nutritional value, but you can find the same nutrients in other foods that are going to be all around healthier, a glass of milk isn't going to kill you but heaps of cheese on every meal will hurt you

I don't know if you've seen the recipe videos going around facebook nowadays buuuut nearly every one I see has multiple types of cheese in huge amounts
There is no doubt that dairy in moderation won't be harmful

I'd rather die than be vegan faggot.

>heaps of cheese on every meal will hurt you
Why would you eat it every meal
I've never considering going vegetarian, let alone vegan, but I don't even eat meat every meal.
Next you're going to tell me eating 20 eggs a day is bad for you.

Yes, all the fancy meal shit on Facebook is extremely fattening or sugary shit. Stuff that should be made on special occasions only, to impress. Who has time to make all that shit every day?

>believing anything from nutritional science

seriously though
is there any study of these that the conclusion isn't "we followed people who ate meat and people who didn't for ten years and at the end more people who ate meat had heart attacks"

Is there anything more empirical that can actually demonstrate the chemical effect on the body vegans claim meat has?

I mean, quite a few people do manage to include it in every meal and in excess amounts.

As I had said somewhere else before, I would only recommend going vegan to you if you were staggeringly overweight or if you had a chronic disease (triggered by obesity)

I do acknowledge that eating meat/not being vegan is unethical, unhealthy and is destroying our planet, but I'm too lazy and weak to follow a strict diet.

I stopped buying meat but I still eat it when I'm at uni or when I'm offered. I eat quite a lot of eggs but quit dairy products some months ago.

why not just calorie restrict

seriously

if the best answer you have for longevity and weight loss is follow an extremely strict diet almost nobody can actually follow through on your approach is fundamentally flawed

This article cites multiple studies, one of which was conducted over 7.4 years, another over 11 years.
In this particular one, they're studying the correlation between a plant vs meat diet and cancer buuuut there ya go!

>eating meat/not being vegan is unethical
no it's not unethical, there is an ends to a means to eating meat, death is a reality of life

it is better to confront death in the face and realize that we will have to kill millions of animals even if nobody eats their meat at all because we have to to survive and live the way we do

through what mechanism?
what is the exact biochemical mechanism that elevates the risk?

there is none. high childhood dairy intake points to poor parenting and low income which points to bad genetics and low quality living/working situations+environmental triggers. all of these things could account for increased risk of any type of cancer.

A pure vegan diet is impossible for most of the planet it also has it's own share of health problems
Lastly, a good chunk of the planet was murdered(I'm talking a full genocide on the microbes in the rich living earth that gives the world life and the native flora and fauna) and rendered completely incabable of sustaining any life without human intervention for centuries all to put two more ears of corn on your plate.

But we can survive (even better actually) without killing animals, and to me it's even not about the killing but rather about the shitty conditions which the animals have to endure so you could have your 10lbs of chicken for cheap

It's really not hard to follow through on this diet, first off

secondly, again, the point is that this is a solution to help yourself learn to eat healthy in general

I've never spoken to someone trying to diet that hasn't given in within two weeks and gone out for burgers and icecream or something similar
The point is that if you tell yourself you're changing your lifestyle with this and can realize the multiple benefits, then it'll be easier to lessen your red meat/dairy later.

>But we can survive (even better actually) without killing animals,
no we can't actually
because wildlife management is a fact of life

do you have any idea how many deer and woodchucks apple farmers (for instance) have to shoot? If you live in a city and eat food you are doing so because someone somewhere is killing the animals trying to eat your food and killing the animals that would otherwise go into your city and eat your pets, children and potentially you

How clueless are you if you didn't realise that I was talking about farmed animals?

>It's really not hard to follow through on this diet, first off
then why do most people fail?

>It's really not hard to follow through on this diet
It's hard for most people to change their diet to begin with, let alone something as extreme as no dairy or fucking meat.

but those studies if you took the time to look at them are exactly the type of studies i described

this is always the massive issues with dietary science people with agendas pick up information and try to say the science says something it actually doesn't. In fact his problem crops up frequently in science for laymen climate change being an excellent example

Because getting burgers and ice cream is a more convenient option then cooking your own dinner

>But we can survive (even better actually) without killing animals
I somehow doubt we'd have enough land to convert to fields for the mass amounts we'd need to feed everyone.

Also who really gives a fuck if they're living life if we still kill them in the end? Whats the point of giving them a fulfilling lifestyle?

and again it doesn't matter because all that livestock will have to go somewhere and all that agriculture will continue to disrupt habitat and wildlife management will have to continue on an even larger scale

this idea of no more ranching is not a realistic way of doing living and I don't think killing animals is ethically preferable to not killing animals because again it is about why we are doing it and actually taking responsibility for the impact you have on the world and not just burying your head in the sand and eating cornflakes and saying "well at least i'm not killing anything directly."

Dude..peta kills more dogs then every dog fighter on the american continent combined.

They don't want to give them fulfilling lives.
They want them all dead or mostly sterilized. You know, so they can't suffer anymore.

Way to jump to conclusions bone head.

I hunt and those animals I buy are all locally sourced and I have help with slaughter.

I accept the fact we are omnivores and I eat a balanced diet.

No go fuck off to your vegan corner. I will live mine as I see /fit.

>Oh and did I hear animals?
All this animal impact shit is pretty pointless. What you don't hear about in mass plant farming is how many insects are mulched harvesting crops, how many moles and small mammals are caught in threshers, tillers, and how much fossil fuel energy it takes to get the plats growing, out of the ground and to your table; the difference between farms switching from animals to plants is pretty negligible to your ethics meter when you really take a close look at the numbers.

Just eat meat, it's fine.

>I somehow doubt we'd have enough land to convert to fields for the mass amounts we'd need to feed everyone.

you do realise that 80% of arable land is being used to farm fodder for livestock?

What is annoying is how we're all chilled, bench pressing, minding our own business and then some vegan assholes start pointing fingers at us just because we eat meat.

Fuck off faggots, let other people do whatever the fuck they want.

We wouldn't want them to die dumbass, how else would we eat?

>a guy talking about animal fat and red meat
>"lol chicken meat and memory issues"

at least try to stay on topic to the person you're replying to