Why are beans so dank?

Why are beans so dank?

>loads of fiber
>tasty protein
>mix well with any dish

the protein content in (most?) beans has shit bioavailability. you think you're getting lots of protein, but most of it doesn't actually get absorbed.

>Carbs

>Dank

pick one

When will this meme die? protein = protein.

Biological value (BV) is a measure of the proportion of absorbed protein from a food which becomes incorporated into the proteins of the organism's body. It captures how readily the digested protein can be used in protein synthesis in the cells of the organism.

beans have 50% biological value.

as a vegan that doesn't want to use soy because of increased igf-1 levels, i'll have to settle for beans? are there any other choices? does anyone know anything about pea and brown rice protein powders? seems like those powders + beans are my only option. so if i were to get optimal protein intake from beans, it'll have to be 6 cups of uncooked beans each day. thats 300g of dietary fiber. is that even healthy?

Product Biological value
Rice, polished 64.0
Wheat, whole 64.0
Corn 60.0
Beans, dry 58.0

As a "carb source", beans and lentils are pretty much top tier because they have insanely more protein, complex carbs and fiber than garbage like rice, bread, pasta.

Chicken, fish, beef, etc have a biological value of 80% so saying beans are at 60% is not so alarming.

fun fact : cooked eggs have 88-100% biological value, gaston knew the secret to this shit since the 90s.

Fuck beans. These slow digesting fuckers mess with my acid reflux real bad.

yeah i agree but you haven't addressed any of the issues

Using beans as a main "protein source" is retarded as shit, and only a fucking vegan would consider it, so it's fitting.

As a carb source, beans can't be beat (unless you're competing, in which case being so slow to digest when you want a tiny, empty stomach + a bit of gas is absolutely not wanted). It's that simple.

yeah i agree but you haven't addressed any of the issues

Yeah, I don't know if this counts, but my wife makes killer chili - loaded with beans. I'm going on the third day of it and my poos are still fiery magma in every respect. Apparently I'm immune to all that fiber.

Lads. I've given up white monsters and fast food in an attempt to get reliably solid poops and I still and 50/50, what gives?

Please don't tell me it's the (small amount of ) alcohol I drink almost every night. I don't know if I could bear it. It's the only thing that numbs the pain.

YOU ARE A VEGAN YOU DO NOT HAVE A "GOOD" PROTEIN SOURCE, END OF TOPIC.

The least shit source you can have is pea protein.

>brown rice protein powder

Nigger if you gave me that for free I'd be so insulted I'd bash you in the head with it.

FAAAAAAAAARTS

here, hate to tell you, it could be the alcohol. I've got a hernia and ulcer which have brought about a bad case of acid reflux. Everyone I've talked to has talked about alcohol being one of the biggest contributing factors to digestive issues. I'm here for you user

It's the alcohol I drink a few every night and have the same issue

>Gaston

whats wrong with brown rice protein?

the alcohol kills the good bacteria that you have and makes it difficult to break down your shit properly

eat it with rice and you've got yourself a full AA profile

why do you think mexicans eat beans/rice together all the time

Scooby pls stay

cause it tastes good, cheap, and they're dirt poor.

has nothing to do with nutrition considering they're short, smelly and 99% have pot bellies and 11 inch arms.

Guys how many calories in 300gr of Beans, Spinach and beef stew? 400kcal sound about right?

completely depends on so many factors
water content, added oils, bean/spinach/beef ratios, beef fat content, etc.......