Fitness for Programmers

Hey Veeky Forums

Im a fat programmer who works alot, and spends his free time on the computer cause I love what I do. I dont want to stop my productivity, but I do want to gradually begin losing weight.

Any sedentary weight loss shortcuts or hacks that can let me lose weight not in the gym, but while I'm working?

Also not looking to be fit, just not fat :)
>this gonna be gud

Fidget. Replace chair with balance ball. Control diet. Drink coffee. Or... get Veeky Forums

Standing desk. It'll raise your heart rate at rest. Make sure you get a rubber pad to stand on though, fatty.

Also cardio

Write a program to remind you what a fat faggot you are and to tell you to go work out!

>programmer

good thing you mentioned that because nothing in the sticky applies to programmers

Huh, I'll consider that :)

Kek

Also, what's a good Veeky Forums diet?

it's all in the sticky, bro.

but a tl;dr version:

Figure out your TDEE(google it to find out), then structure your diet around that. Intake > your TDEE = weight gain, intake < your tdee = weight loss.

Oh, and what you eat determines your body composition. Just think of everything as a fat, carb or protein. if you eat fat you will be fat, if you eat carbs you will also be fat, because your body changes carbs into fat. if you eat protein along with exercise you will be muscle.

Vitamins and junk aren't necessary to look at it; try to be conscious of hitting your daily vitamin a, e and c. lots of stuff is fortified with other vitamins, if you're worried start eating cereal.

No worries homie

Eat less and maybe take thermogenics idk. Try to walk to and from work or park further away from work. Or try to squeeze some walking in the mornings, it'll help you focus and burn calories throughout the day.

>Any sedentary weight loss shortcuts or hacks that can let me lose weight not in the gym, but while I'm working?

Have you considered eating less food?

Just eat less you stupid cunt.

Don't consider it, do it.

Eat less and move more
It's not rocket science

Walk instead of car, stairs instead of elevator etc etc

You could use a desk peddler if you have room under your workspace.
We had them at the call centre I worked at

Being a programmer doesn't make you special and won't make any routine work specially for you.
Read the fucking sticky, no actually don't and just start with PPL if you want to be aesthetic.
>t. CS grad, 2 years in embedded systems, nearly 2 years liftan 80kg 5'9

- literally any darebee.com workout classified as office-friendly or couch based
- drink lots of cold water, 400-500ml per 10kg BW
- get a desk bike (those super faggy things you can pedal on while still working comfily)
- do light dumbbell work with one hand while clicking and typing with the other
- read the nutrition part of the sticky
- fucking read it again
- eventually kys

As a fellow programmer I can easily say just eat less you fat fuck.

Also since you want to put no effort into this you will not make it.

>Im a fat programmer

as opposed to what?

> Desk jockey.

I don't understand why programmers get fat. I lead a team of six programmers and only one has good weight. I make everyone go for walks three times a day with me.

Stop drinking soda and get off your ass and walk for breaks.

pic related. I took it on a walk.

>riding around in a cart because your joints can't support your misshapen bulk
>developing type 2 diabetes or hypertension
>living what life remains as a fat fuck, scorned by all, and invisible to women except as a beta provider
Good thing you saved 1 hour, 3 times a week! I'm sure you got a lot more done in that time than in the 20 extra years you would have lived had you gotten fit.

Thanks for the good advice. I like the faggy desk bike idea.

Easier said then done. I'm trying to replace meals with filling, less caloric stuff like vegetarian soup (not ramen and tastes good), and eating more fibrous things to fill up

A couch potato or just sleeping all the time. Meaning I'm an actual contributing member to society instead of just fat.

Lol

Thank you everyone, suggestions were wonderful.
Is there any thermogenic foods or quick things to do to get that thermogenic burn?

>if you eat fat you will be fat
wrong

seriously man, join a gym and do SS or greyskull or something like that. It is only 3 to 4 hours a WEEK and the muscle mass you will gain from newbie gains will rise your TDEE so that you will burn more calories while sitting down.

But if you really want to keep being a couchpotatoe: eat clean. If you replace all the doritos chocolate twinkies and that stuff with bananas apples tunna sandwiches and such you will be consuming waaay less calories and loose weight. Also aim for a nice quantity of protein, not for muscle but because it is filling and it works better for loosing weight.

faggy desk bikes are the bee’s knees desu

protip: actual desks with the back half of a spinning bike attached instead of a chair do exist. Looks gayer than an all male bukkake but might be worth looking into.

>tfw unironically a 6'3, jacked software engineer

lmao @ u OP

>thermogenic foods

any hot spices (not sauces), grapefruits, massive amounts of iced water

Don't forget DNP

Simple answer
Get a real job.

well if you take it in doses that have you consider it actual food...

>inb4 posting fake recipe for dnp pancakes

no eggs
no milk
no flour
all of the dnp

serves one

pics fag

Run this in an IDEA with a Main method
For(int i = 0; i < 500; i++)
{
System.out.println("You'r a fat fuck");
}

for*

lmao

My god do you hear yourself?

>How can I change the way I look, without changing my lifestyle and still be a lazy fat fuck.

This is why you're obese.

also >are there any shortcuts?

yeah, stay mediocre.

what would you need that for

Fuck Java.
>std::cout

Alright, nice suggestion. Though the first desk bike is probably better than the other suggestion

Whats that?

Good. Now do it in assembly and impress me.

You trigger easy.

C++, nice twist :)

Thanks for the help guys. What else you got? :)

As a former programmer this thread triggers me.

soda and sugary snacks are the biggest thing for a lot of tech types

many of them didn't do any physical elective in school, so they never had to drink water to stay hydrated for a long period of time

so then they drink a lot of soda because they don't like water

Also I know a lot of tech companies do like "Free soda' as a perk or some such

It's kind of sad being a programmer when everyone you work with is a fat fuck or a skeleton. How the fuck does programming have anything to do with being Veeky Forums?

I wish this thread was bait

>tfw parents and i fell for the comsci meme

>Also not looking to be fit, just not fat :)

Masters in Comp Sci here, programming friend.

I've lost 61 pounds in the past 5 months.

There's a multi-billion dollar industry hellbent on distracting you from the fact that all you have to fucking do is NOT EAT SO MUCH GODDAMN FOOD.
Don't have to exercise.
Basic fucking arithmetic.

Eat 1300 calories a day.
Your body is going to burn more than that in a day just doing the regular shit you need to stay alive.
That is one 1000 calorie meal (chipotle burrito), and one 300 calorie snack (lightly buttered popcorn is very voluminous and filling) per day.
On Fridays you can eat whatever the fuck you want.
Drink lots of water.
You're going to shit yellow bile once a week.

I'm on track to losing my intended 120 pounds in one year.

Programmer past 2 years, only guy in office that doesn't have a gravitational pull

Just eat less and healthier, if you go out for lunch try grocery stores.

If you hit the gym as well you can get gains same time, kinda like threads haha-ha

It's all a video game user, grind your stats and dedicate your life to the ultimate game instead of anime_warriors_XXIVJK_3.jpg

Thanks fellow /g/ents, good motivation to move forward :)

why you quoting me tho

homo fag get the fuck out of here u sick fuck

Get some bike pedals and put them under your desk.