I fucking hate exercises for abs

I fucking hate exercises for abs.
They're boring and take like a million reps to burn.

Are there any other ways to work on abs other then leg raises, crunches or planks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxaKQG-gmPY
philiphimself.com/compound-exercises-abs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Squats and Deadlifts

>boring and take like a million reps to burn

would you still curl 5lb dumbbells after years?

grab a dumbbell and hold it behind your head for resistance so you arent doing 500 crunches

Ab Coaster, my new favourite

You are suppose to do it weighted if you can do more than 8 reps.
Train it like any other muscle.

Do hanging leg raises with weight for 3 sets of 8.
Planks are difficult to load and weird.
Crunches are difficult to load and its a weird movement.

Leg raises and sit ups are easy to load.
Squats and deads isnt enough for abs, alone.

Do I tie plates to my shoe laces?

you take a dumbell and hold it between your ankles.so that the weight rest on the front of your shins when you move

Thanks.

>Squats and deads isnt enough for abs, alone.

why

It's only isometric work when concentric and eccentric movements are far superior.

Ab wheel is the only one I like. The rest make me want to kill myself

Does anyone actually like training abs?

Hanging leg raises->

>Best exercise for V taper
>Very easy
>Done while doing pull ups and chin ups so it doesn't take up any extra time

yw

hollow holds are fucking GOAT

planking for 60 seconds is piss easy, try hollow holds for 60 seconds

if you look like you're giving birth after 30 seconds, you're doing it right

to progress, hold dumbbells between your feet while balancing

I'm not able to do one proper sit up. I can't sit up.

Fpbp

I never understood why people do static stretches to work abs and after trying planks I still don't

Seems like the biggest meme the fitness industry has fallen for

Can someone actually give me a reason why they're beneficial compared against actually training abs?

You are not stretching by planking or holding, wtf

You're not training either

noob :)

core compression and ab wheel

leg raise and ab roller are easy af but mainly work lower abs,

youtube.com/watch?v=QxaKQG-gmPY

these are also pretty easy and don't take many reps, but upper abs are uncomfortable so it's best to hold a weight between your thumbs at the back of your head, contract the abs hard and they will be over with quickly. aim for around 15 reps for 3 sets then failure on the 4th set, should be enough

everything hurts my lower back or is inaffective besides: reverse curl ups and bicycle kicks. for obliques just use a resistance band and do twists.

ab wheel/gym ring roll outs or anything like that is by far the most effective tho. i just can't do em without fucking my shit up.

lastly, safety bar squats work the anterior very well without doing any isolation work but they're not for everyone.

Dragon flags

if you aren't burning after doing 60s of planks put some fucking weight on your back until you are

which one is the last one? hexen?

>Hanging leg raise
>Very easy

w-what? those are supposed to be easy?

They wouldn't be so BORING if you weren't so LONELY

you've gotta progress into them. Start with knee raises and eventually you'll be able to decrease leverage. That's how I did it and at this point I can raise my feet past the bar.

That girl is wouldliveonwelfarewith/10

scissor crunches with good form will get that burn pretty quick. Try a minute of that and you'll get a j00cy fire all over your midrift

TUT bruh

People are actually retarded. They think if they just do dl's and squats they'll have strong abs and a strong core, wrong. If you want to prevent injury you HAVE to work them and your lower back directly, compounds with heavy weight will eventually lead to injury if your core hasn't caught up.

>I fucking hate exercises for abs.
Suck it up

>Are there any other ways to work on abs other then leg raises, crunches or planks?
And don't try to shortcut yourself/fall for the 'compunds' meme. Abs do need to be directly worked.
>Squats and Deadlifts
>why
>philiphimself.com/compound-exercises-abs/

RAYCISS

Question for you Veeky Forumsizens,
when I do leg raises or butterfly kicks, the small of my back begins to hurt after a while.
Is this due to poor form? How can I alleviate it?

>hanging leg raise body
Brehs, dont do only hanging leg raises!

ez

Ab wheel, no joke that shit seriously burns almost instantly and wont hurt your back if you got problems.

Landmine 180s

The only people who think you're joking are literal newfags

Russian pickpockets with a medball and weighted leg raises

Don't bother, abs are made in the kitchen.

I'd say yes. When lying on the floor, you'll notice an arch in your lower back leaving the floor. Flex your abs and pull that portion of your lower back against the floor, almost like you're trying to rotate your belly button/ hips towards your face. Hold this tension at all times throughout your movements. Keep your movements slow and steady, as momentum easily robs work from these exercises. Breathe deeply under tension with your chest at the start point of your reps ( legs barely of the floor).

Made my leg raises a lot fucking harder.

Nice meme

Make sure you dont do any sort of
curls, skull crushers, push downs, leg press, pec flys, or any isolation work of any kind either. That is silly since compounds work everything well enough.
[spoiler]kys[/spoiler]

Not for abs you aspie

+ weighted chin-ups

+ front squats
+ The Press

>
you mean realist.

awww they think they're people

>I've been memelifting for a year guys wtf are isometric exercises???????? Xd

Why is this a meme? I don't do ab work because I'm still kinda fat and consider it a waste at this point (plan on doing it when my bf drops below 15%), but I do heavy compunds and some core work (planks, vacuums) - and I've noticed some ab developement for sure. Can't SEE them of course, but I can feel them. So why the hate?

I hate heterossexuality.
I need a boyfriend to lift with

this is why I prefer hanging. Even doing it on the bed hurt my back

Hollow rocks and plate twists my nigga

Wow, you thought of that all by yourself? Seeing black people be cute with each other trigger you that much, that even in an innocent gif like this, you have to say something like that? How often do you say that around them, coward?

Come and say that to my face and see what happens

Oh I'm shaking in my boots, cowboy