/plg/ Powerlifting General

Welcome to /PLG/ the General thread for the sport of Powerlifting.

Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform and that's it.

Also for crying about things you don't like. Specially if those things are the rules of Powerlifting, bench arch, or sumo deadlift.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aXfOdvd-sJ0
youtu.be/se39rjOK-TQ
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your op sucks
Fuck you

>Didn't touch her chest

REDLIGHTS

>that shoulder abduction

enjoy your stay at RTCtear city.

>Women's long drive championship isn't part of the Olympics m8.

No shit. That's not the point. The point is that a man on HRT won a women's world championship at what is essentially a pure power sport.

The undeniable fact of the matter is that men have an innate athletic advantage over women for a whole host of biological and physiological reasons, and those don't entirely evaporate just because they alter their hormones. Women's leagues and divisions exist SOLELY to keep men and their advantages out so that a particular, distinguishable subset of humanity can compete without being drowned out by another subset of humanity with a significant natural advantage. Allowing you to compete in the women's division completely defeats the point, and is a goddamn insult to the nature and purpose of sport.

Whether or not the cookiepuss retards at the IOC realize this does not change that fact

it used to be my favourite

I only did bench twice press twice though

Are you trying to go pro or something?

max:135k bench, 90k OHP

I guess I can try it. I just like bench, not really much more to it lol.

Hey who is that guy? Looks famous.

The hardest part for me on the DL is the lockout, which is a bit strange since I pull Sumo. But maybe that's because I always did a shitton of deficite DL and am strong off the floor. Anyway, how should I fix it ? Rack pulls ? If so which pin-height would you say makes the most sense ? Also which muscles do I need at the top ? Guess it's mostly the back and glutes right ?

Rack pulls from below the knee seem smart. Thrust harder and what not imo.

Forearm and quad strength and over eating seem to be my biological strong points.

Kinda want to do strongman

So close

>The hardest part for me on the DL is the lockout, which is a bit strange since I pull Sumo.
Do you round your back?

Round backed puller detected

Actually I know one guy who didn't who had trouble locking out even with a straight back. Turns out he was being a pussy and then he remembered not to give up when pulling and instantly added 15kg to his DL. Yeah that's you Marto

yeah I round my upper back but not too much.

it's not like it's limiting me by that much. If I do a 1RM it will most likely still fail on the ground or go up all the way. the thing is if I do a true 1RM for me I always have to grind it at the top, not like I cant get it but it just feels like it should be way easier especially since I pull Sumo.

Stop rounding

Lockout will always be hard since you're in a shitty position in the end of the lift. I'm not really sure that you need to "fix it". Do you miss any heavy attempts since you can't lock out?

Keep getting in trouble at my gym...

Nothing wrong with rounding.

Straight back pullers lift more.

Kbooey pulls more than you??

I'm weak. Finding people who pull more than me is easy.

There are both round and straight back pullers who deadlift much.

You're not even being modest. You're being dumb.
300kg is an elite deadlift. Fuck off, cuck.

You are right. Learning to pull with a straight back will increase the deadlift of any round back puller.

Yeah, but anyone being stronger than me and doing X when I advocate Y isn't a very good argument. Being better than me doesn't impress me very much.

>You are right. Learning to pull with a straight back will increase the deadlift of any round back puller.
How?

But kbyeahboiiiiiiey pulls more than uuuu

What does impress you

Form check please

Started 531 in August after a big cut, 5x125kg deadlift being my PR, now 5x145 and still feeling like I can progress a lot on this program. Some trip helped me out with the program suggesting assisting exercises 5x10, then 5x5, 5x3 and 5x1. He was going to bbq that day with his children, thanks for the help if you're reading this.

>Rounded lower back at the start, but at least its not rounding more during the lift.
>Losing power going horizontal passing my knees.
>Shaky legs.

Lower weight

isntead of dropping your hips, take your grip with stiff knees, take a deep breath, move ur shins to the bar which should be over midfoot then SQUEEZE your chest up and thats your starting position, it shouldnt be comfortable, but it shouldnt be unbearable but most of all it should be tight, then squeeze your glutes, thrust forward, lift your chest up and you'll be golden ponyboy

havent missed any yet I just have to grind them if I go near my max but I always get them up.

You know, I don't know exactly why. It's empirically true.

Fil

Nigga why the fuck are you doing 531 with a 125kg deadlift? You're not even out of beginner mode.

You need to learn form and how to deadlift before significantly jumping in weight. lower it back down to 100kg or so and try the following.. Your lower back is rounded partly because of poor positioning, partly due to poor lower back control and partly because of poor mobility. Do some dynamic hamstring streches before you deadlift,

learn to control and tense your lower back at the start of the deadlift
youtu.be/aXfOdvd-sJ0

learn how to position yourself so your scapula is above the bar rather than ahead of it.
youtu.be/se39rjOK-TQ

i would say that the SS video is a good template to enable you to get your scapula in the right position but you can experiment and lower or rise your hips to whichever position keeps your lower back tight.

sup /plg/

been running Candito 6 week for over a year now and while I'm extremely satisfied with the gains I've made, I've decided to switch to another intermediate routine to shake things up a little bit

a lot of my PLing friends suggested I run Sheiko, and /plg/ seems to agree, but I'm super confused by the layout of the spreadsheet. Some folks tell me run #29, #30, and then skip to #32 to peak, but it goes all the way up to 40?

Can someone help me clear this up? Much love in advance

You run them in order from 30 thorough 40 then you max out and see how many hundreds of kilo you've added

thanks friendo

what about #29? is it to adjust to the routine?

Whats a good bench program to replace the upper days of C6W with? Ideally I don't want to have to end up doing all three lifts on the same day

It's for novice lifters

Buy the app.

Sheiko.

>Hell I'm in medschool and my uni papers say female.
[spoiler]i don't want to be rude but biomedicine isn't medicine[/spoiler]

But user, medicine is in the name!

Would hepburn plus the upper accessories work?

>Straight back pullers lift more.

I am well aware ;)

>No shit. That's not the point.

No you're missing the point. We're talking about Olympic sports here, not random whatever shit sport. It's obvious that trans women will be able to win something eventually, there are all kinds of sports out there.

But what matters is the Olympics, because we know the competition there is elite level. And trans women are as far as they can be from dominating the female category in the Olympics, aka they aren't even qualifying.

So stop underrating cis women's strength and skill, and stop hating on different people just because they're different.

>Buy the app.
Waste of money for recycled cookie cutter that is available for free.

>Sheiko
Nice meme.

powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/

Izzy does an autistically good job of reviewing programming. Check out your options and compare.

Thanks for the tips. Will watch, practise and try to improve.

I had problems progressing in the past and 531 is working so far due to slower jumps in weight than for example SS.

can i get form check?

3pl8's
lifting noob 3 months into SS
i never did more than 140kg

and yes i should control the weight more on way down, now i see it.

>Olympics, aka they aren't even qualifying.
Caster Semenya is a good example why "women" is a term that needs to be better defined.

Some people are born crippled. Not everybody deserves to be in the olympics. Tough shit.

>lifting noob 3 months
Already higher dl than mine. I guess it's time to kill myself lads.

Choose one of the spreadsheets below and use it. If you're not competing do the first week of the comp cycle and restart with new maxes.

Beginner
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

>small medium large load

sounds like some shit from sadpanda desu

Sheiko draws inspiration from very interesting places ;)

If I want to train strongman, what movements should I do if my only equipment is standard commercial gym equipment?

Hoe did Norse do it?

I'm not sure how this works. I lift less frequent than now at lower weight and with less reps than now and it somehow works?

If you're talking about sheiko that's because you do a fuckton of sets on every workout.
High volume = lots of gains.

I wish I could help but I'm very inexperienced when it comes to strongman. sry

Address this
Or do you just ignore reality?

what do you do if you come back from a deload and you're like 20kg weaker in every lift

kill yourself mentally ill attention whore

Yeah but I compared your spreadsheet to my current workout and it has less volume and at lower weight than mine so I'm asking how does it work? Is it some tranny magic?

When he started to flatten his back more he started to hit huge PRs on his dead

The only relevant lifter out of the 3 is haack and his squat and bench are both significantly better than his deadlift.

Probably because his deadlift technique is shit in many ways.

get your hips lower at the start and don't let them rise right away

Thanks a lot trappy!

How old are these girls?

Caster isn't transgender, and the IOC has already addressed it and updated their rules.

It's common to think that but very few programs have as much volume as Sheiko.

C6W is nowhere close. It has more intensity, but when it comes to pure volume you'll be doing a lot more on Sheiko, specially on the bench press.

It's something that you just have to try it out in order to get it.

And which one of them is misaki?

Doing a skills test before I have to stop lifting for close to 2 weeks. Wish me luck PLG

jingle bells jingle bells jingle alllll the whheeeeyyyyy
mewwi cwistmassu pee eru ji!

good luck me

Good luck senpai, smash it!

None of them.

Going for a Squat maxout within the hour in preparation for next cycle starting in jan, wish me luck f a m

Haven't done any heavy amraps or maxes in 8 weeks, pretty hyped

Is this misaki

gl anons remember gravity is only a theory

Is this a maki

I just compared first day and not gonna compare remaining days, because I feel like arguing with you leads to nowhere. 6 sets and 26 reps for squats on your spreadsheet with 98kg max weight
vs 6 sets and 40 reps on my workout with 115kg on max weight. Bench is similar in rep count.

Are you counting your sub 50% sets on your other program cuz sheiko doesn't count anything less than 50%. That's probably why you think it's less volume

hey respond

You Deloaded too long your strength will be back soon

>gravity is only a theory
kek

ok substract 10 reps from that it would still be 26 vs 30 and lower weight.

Thank you, hopefully a 1000lb total will fall today.
>inb4 twink

it was only a week

Count every set you do for the big 3 on c6w during 4 weeks.
Count every set you do for the big 3 on Sheiko during 4 weeks.

Sets only, reps are meaningless.

Sheiko has days where you do 20 sets of bench or squat. It's not a joke.

Probably had a shitty day then.

im around a week post deload

Different user, why do you say sets are more important than reps? I was under the assumption volume is volume.

Volume = sets

Why do you keep assuming I do c6w? I do beginners routine and I compare that to your beginner spreadsheet and I can't see days with 20 sets.

>reps are meaningless.

Trappys routine knowledge seems to be limited to do sheiko

What then do you recommend for people who can't spend over 2 hours a day at the gym?

>Sets only, reps are meaningless.
what?

The original poster was talking about C6W.

20 sets is only in the more advanced programs. That amount of volume is ridiculous for a beginner.

The beginner program is the one with the least volume. But still a lot of volume, but nowhere near as much as the ones for intermediate and advanced lifters.

For volume yes.

>Trappys routine knowledge seems to be limited to do sheiko

You seem to be new here. ;)

Yes, you count volume with the sets. Ignore the reps.

>Yes, you count volume with the sets. Ignore the reps.
A set of 10 is the same volume as a single?

>You seem to be new here. ;)

All I see you promote is sheiko

What would you reccomend for an intermediate who can't spend 2-2.5 hours in they gym at a time then?

Fuck that shit

Start with your hips in the position where the bar leaves the floor.

thanks for your input

I didn't say start atg, I said start with them lower and keep them lower throughout the lift so he's not just doing an SLDL