First time posting in fit

First time posting in fit.
I used to be kinda in shape, not a body-builder or anything, but I was looking decent, and performing well, but since leaving the army, I've put on a shit-ton of weight. I had a battle with depression during which I stopped working out and ended up gaining about 100lb in the course of about a year and a half.
How do I best reverse this shit? I used to run 5 miles every day and now I get winded walking around the fucking block.

Bumping because I need the help

Workout?

>STICKY

What you need is motivation. Did you read the sticky ? It's an excellent all-in-one stop for nutrition and exercise.

Veeky Forums can't help you with depression but my advice is to see a psychologist.

Start working out, start running, eat better.

Do we really need to spell it out for you?

>my advice is to see a psychologist.
Already did this. It really helped. I'm currently on an SSRI, but as others have stated my main problem is motivation. I feel like I don't have what it takes to walk into a gym or go running in public as a 300lb blob.

same shit here, but i didn't got fat

it really helps to have a strict diet, taking supplements, working out until exhaustion, etc. The buzz will get you out of depression for the day, guaranteed. I even dropped medication after 4 years.

any supplement recommendation, particularly for curbing appetite would be most helpful to me.

Medication don't actually help your depressive symptoms, they just hide them so you can dig yourself out of the hole. You need to start making changes to your like and eventually stop medication.

Why do you care about other people's opinion ? Do you think Jojo cares about what other people think of him ? Do you Think Naruto became the Hokage by believing he was a good-for-nothing looser like everyone told him he was ?

Cultivating resilience and confidence is hard (to do by yourself) but extremely satisfying. Start going for walks, read "fit approved litterature" (the threads popup often, if not request one.)
Be in contact with nature.
Become yourself. Know who you are.
Build something with your hands.
Have social connections.
Wear sunscreen and take care of your skin.
Don't depend on others but seek the opinion of older males who you respect.

How does one achieve Jotaro godmode?

magnesium, zinc... a multivitamin is ok. also change your ssri to mirtazapine, it's the only one that helps with eating and sleeping

stopped reading at >naruto
faggot

Supplements are an american invention. They are mostly useless beside the ubiquitous fish-oil and multi-vitamin. Seriously, the rest of the world would laugh at the useless crap people put in supplements. Just eat right, this isn't the middle ages.

Appetite come from your body telling you you need nutrition. If you eat junk all day, you will still be hungry. If you eat lots of veggies and "healthy" food, you will feel fuller.

Avoid processed food and any prepared meals.

Also, cultivate your gut flora, google it, it's the hottest research subject at the moment regarding obesity and mood. Travelling to other country is also great for gut flora and depression in general.

>First time posting in fit.
>I used to be kinda in shape, not a body-builder or anything, but I was looking decent, and performing well, but since leaving the army, I've put on a shit-ton of weight. I had a battle with depression during which I stopped working out and ended up gaining about 100lb in the course of about a year and a half.
>How do I best reverse this shit? I used to run 5 miles every day and now I get winded walking around the fucking block.

Whoah, is that a motherfucking Jojo reference?!!

It's not, but I see your truth, my dude

>battle with depression
Why is this always an excuse for normies? Everyone on here hates their lives, stop thinking thats an excuse.

hamon grandpas×2

There's a difference between hating your life and being rendered near-catatonic for months by a serotonin deficiency.

>serotonin deficiency
boohoo faggot
kill yourself you're not special

The fuck, dude?
I had medical problems, I'm not trying to play special snowflake.

I actually found motivation after leaving the army. Been out a year and a half and in the best shape of my life. Workout out isn't for everyone honestly. Try to do tell your eating and find something you enjoy doing besides electronics

What is
>creatine

Strict form ab wheel x 100

Every day.

Maybe I'll start going to the range more with some friends.
I've been wanting to attend some 2-gun competitions.

I'm super frusterated because I've lost 50 pounds (5'11 from 230 to 180) and im now in that stage where im skinny but still kind of fat.

Should I just give up, bois?

OP, excercise is hard if you're fat. Do some light training with dumbbells and start a strict diet. As you lose weight, you can move up to heavier barbell compounds, and eventually do more intense cardio once your joints are relieved of some of your extra weight. Right now, running would be rough on your knees or ankles, but if you have a bike, ride that shit.

You have to change the way that you think about food in order for dieting to be successful. Stop thinking junk food as stuff that "tastes good." It's literal garbage. Understand that the reason it tastes good is because it's loaded with fat, salt, and sugar. The secret to eating well and loving it is to learn how to prepare it. Don't just eat yucky old plain veggies. That's how people get depressed and get cravings. Learn how to use spices, olive oil, garlic, regular old salt and pepper, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano. Learn how to steam vegetables until they are tender and delicious, how to make a proper oil dressing. You will soon learn to love how much flavor you can infuse into chicken with oil and a few spices. Bake it rather than fry it. Drink water instead of soda, or unsweetened green tea. Avoid sugar entirely. Stop thinking of junk food as "tasty" and instead start thinking of it as what it is, literal poison.

No. It took you probably 18 plus years in order to get the body you have now. Getting the body you want won't take as long but it won't be quick and easy either

Yeah find something you enjoy doing and do it with people. Watch what you eat and take it day by day. Your body won't change overnight but it will eventually if you stick to eating better

Yea i've been fat since i was 12, i'm 20 now. Always have had very low confidence and self-worth. Things are better now, but im still slightly insecure because I haven't crossed the finish line yet.

My man boobs are pretty much gone and I can see some abs coming in, but I still have my love handles.

Also its like the majority of my fat went to my face when i was big, and theres still some there.

I've suffered with negative body image most of my life and im just ready for it to end. It's been such a long journey

>berenstain
>not berenstein

>i used to be fit
>i changed things
>i'm not fit anymore

WELL LOOK AT THE THINGS YOU CHANGED AND DONT DO THEM ANYMORE OR START DOING THEM AGAIN

Jesus, I swear people are retarded these days.